Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. 20:32 - Aug 31 with 3065 viewsawayjack

Forget the bullshit words about 'investment for the next level' our dealings in this transfer market was the action to indicate what the Yanks and Huw really had planned. Our large net profit of player sales tells us what the plan is.. wouldn't be suprised if it was agreed as part of the sale. It would help explain our pathetic attempt at transfer dealing.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 20:34]
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:08 - Aug 31 with 997 viewsWarwickHunt

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:04 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Let's be honest... Guidolin has shown how gutless he is this window. Any manager worth his salt wouldn't have put up with HJ antics

I think he's a decent, honourable man who was 'appy to coach (rather than "manage") a PL team when he accepted the terms of his contract.

I doubt if he had any idea just how f*cking inept we were in the transfer market.

He does now...
Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 976 viewsLeonisGod

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:43 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

They haven't shown any willingness to step up with money.

We made a £5m profit (more than that actually with wages and signing on fees saved) with Ayew out and Baston in. £7m profit on Williams out and Mawson in.

I believe that making a profit in this window with so many glaring inadequacies in our squad is phenomenally stupid and short termist. The club also believe that the squad has inadequacies by the way - we know that because we've tried to sign players for two positions over the past couple of days.

I don't believe they are asset stripping - I believe our recruitment to be incompetent.

I don't disagree Lisa, but the expectation of some fans (most of us?) doesn't match the information that was coming out of the club during the takeover. The best scenario that could have been interpreted from the little information we got was that it would be business as usual - i.e. relatively low fees. Never in a million years was the takeover going to start a spending spree.

We've pulled rabbits out of the hat for so long that I think the Americans assume we have an endless supply of rabbits. Similarly, we've over-reached with our long-serving members (Dyer, Routs, Angel, Leon, etc) for so long that someone (Huw probably?) thinks they will deliver forever, hence the contract extensions.

Both of those assumptions are going to come a cropper at some point, and I just hope it's not this year.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 971 viewsTrundle10

We have a very tired looking squad
Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 21:13 - Aug 31 with 959 viewscostalotta

Action not words .. so asset striping it is then .. on 20:43 - Aug 31 by tylagarwjack

HJ was quoted as saying that with the Americans backing we would be able to take a few more risks than before, and we are certainly are doing, mainly with our Premier League status at the moment!

He may have said that or similar but depending on the meaning of 'risk' it can be interpreted in different ways.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:14 - Aug 31 with 955 viewsexiledclaseboy

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:01 - Aug 31 by WarwickHunt

Err...no.

Ok. Just checking.

Poll: Tory leader

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:18 - Aug 31 with 927 viewsGowerjack

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:04 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Let's be honest... Guidolin has shown how gutless he is this window. Any manager worth his salt wouldn't have put up with HJ antics

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 896 viewscostalotta

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:46 - Aug 31 by exiledclaseboy

Has anyone considered the admittedly novel notion that the manager might be happy with his playing squad and doesn't fell that he needs any new additions right now?

Yes, me for one and I'm sure plenty of others have too. There have been posts on this forum defending him too. FG would not IMO not publicly say if he felt the squad was weaker or he needed players. If he did, what does that say about the players he's got.

Every one will have their views but surely no one can say that this window has been a success, in fact judging by our weaknesses, the way its gone, the reports, the reaction and recent history of inadequate recruitment its been a failure.

We may do well, we may scrape by or we may go down. One thing is for sure more than ever we need to get behind the team give it our all cos its going to be our hardest season in the prem.

Just heard theres another our - Tabanou to Granada?
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:34 - Aug 31 with 827 viewsdobjack2

Asset stripping or incompetence and if incompetence whose?

Was it Jenkins or the americans putting limits on players that are out of sync with this window or trying to get players cheaper in a last minute sale?

Whichever it was only one of them lives around here to get the blame.
Login to get fewer ads

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 807 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:34 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

Asset stripping or incompetence and if incompetence whose?

Was it Jenkins or the americans putting limits on players that are out of sync with this window or trying to get players cheaper in a last minute sale?

Whichever it was only one of them lives around here to get the blame.

yup and he knows better

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:43 - Aug 31 with 801 viewsawayjack

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 20:37 - Aug 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Give over....

This black or white view that we either have to spend every single penny we ever receive on transfer fees or it's proof we're undergoing 'asset stripping' is rather tiresome.

The club is just being run as it always has been. Fairly conservatively - we just have new people taking the dividends.

Yes agree re dividends but how much larger will they or fees to bi-pass the trust become. It's never black and white (no songs please!) but as an indication of intent it's pretty clear. Our squad is weak compared to our rivals but we've been outmanoeuvred by everyone bar West Brom. No intent no ambition. I hope I'm proven wrong but watch out for a 15m+ divinend / investor fee next year.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:47 - Aug 31 with 789 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 22:43 - Aug 31 by awayjack

Yes agree re dividends but how much larger will they or fees to bi-pass the trust become. It's never black and white (no songs please!) but as an indication of intent it's pretty clear. Our squad is weak compared to our rivals but we've been outmanoeuvred by everyone bar West Brom. No intent no ambition. I hope I'm proven wrong but watch out for a 15m+ divinend / investor fee next year.

Yes this
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 22:56]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:05 - Aug 31 with 699 viewsmonmouth

Anyone who believed that the sale was for any other reason than lining the previous owners pockets needs sectioning.

Jenkins has been left in charge to continue the same recipe and just stay in the premier league. Only now he has less to lose if he indulges his natural cautious-to-the-point-of-fossilised nature to the max, and that is what he is doing. More of the same, but writ larger. It's not asset stripping but the Americans will expect it done at minimum cost, which is right up Jenkins' alley. Co-incidentally, where I'd like to stick my boot.

Another few performances like last week and I think things could turn quite nasty, and I don't think FG will be a particularly strong shield or scapegoat this time, even if I would certainly believe him to be part of the problem if we do get the same inept crap on the pitch that we saw at Leicester.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:09 - Aug 31 with 683 viewsAngelRangelQS

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:05 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Anyone who believed that the sale was for any other reason than lining the previous owners pockets needs sectioning.

Jenkins has been left in charge to continue the same recipe and just stay in the premier league. Only now he has less to lose if he indulges his natural cautious-to-the-point-of-fossilised nature to the max, and that is what he is doing. More of the same, but writ larger. It's not asset stripping but the Americans will expect it done at minimum cost, which is right up Jenkins' alley. Co-incidentally, where I'd like to stick my boot.

Another few performances like last week and I think things could turn quite nasty, and I don't think FG will be a particularly strong shield or scapegoat this time, even if I would certainly believe him to be part of the problem if we do get the same inept crap on the pitch that we saw at Leicester.

Jenkins is probably now being targeted on how much money he makes.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 654 viewscostalotta

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:05 - Aug 31 by monmouth

There is certainly a bit of discontent amongst the fans. HJ and co have walked us into this, whatever it is.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 644 viewsmonmouth

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:09 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Jenkins is probably now being targeted on how much money he makes.

And staying in the league, but it's a game now rather than life or death to his finances. What's that horrendous phrase? No real skin in the game?

Add - but he believes this is the way to do it anyway; but now he is fully underwritten and insured if it goes tits up.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 23:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 634 viewsLandore_Jack

Totally agree. That is what happens you employ a puppet.

#backtojack

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:16 - Aug 31 with 606 viewsAngelRangelQS

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:12 - Aug 31 by monmouth

And staying in the league, but it's a game now rather than life or death to his finances. What's that horrendous phrase? No real skin in the game?

Add - but he believes this is the way to do it anyway; but now he is fully underwritten and insured if it goes tits up.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 23:15]

Do they really care about staying up though? Still decent money to be made from 4 years of parachute payments and a couple a decent player sales.

They'd still probably get a large percentage of their money back if they sold it in a year or two.
Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 592 viewscostalotta

Action not words .. so asset stripping it is then .. on 23:16 - Aug 31 by AngelRangelQS

Do they really care about staying up though? Still decent money to be made from 4 years of parachute payments and a couple a decent player sales.

They'd still probably get a large percentage of their money back if they sold it in a year or two.

I think they'll have made their money back long before they 'sell' the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024