Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw and a Director of Football 23:20 - Aug 31 with 2048 viewsmagicdaps10

Think it is painfully obvious that we now need a director of football to sort out our transfers. Huw has proven in the last couple of seasons that he is not up to it, poor quality brought in and it seems that he is struggling in getting deals over the line and hesitating too much that is costing the club.

Great job Huw over the years but its slowly got the better off you.I cant see it improving especially with the distractions of your inflated bank account.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:23 - Aug 31 with 1798 viewsAngelRangelQS

Time for Jenkins to f*ck off now.

No longer welcome here. The sell out
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:25 - Aug 31 with 1761 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

It's a great shame the majority are only now beginning to see that this man has been taking this club backwards since the Laudrup saga.
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:32 - Aug 31 with 1714 viewsmagicdaps10

Last summer we brought in poor signings.

Seems we dilly dallied so alot this window and when we decided to make the move it came too late.

But hey there we go, we go with what we have.

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 1698 viewsawayjack

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:25 - Aug 31 by BlameHuwJenkins

It's a great shame the majority are only now beginning to see that this man has been taking this club backwards since the Laudrup saga.

Yup Chairman, DOF, CEO and major shareholder. Aside from the different skills and experience needed to perform all these roles well, there are so many conflicts of interest in those 4 roles it's laughable. 'In Huw we Trust' sadly turned sour when he put selling his shares over finding a new manger and increasingly profits / dividends over squad strength. Sad.
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:36 - Aug 31 with 1671 viewsAngelRangelQS

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:32 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

Seems we dilly dallied so alot this window and when we decided to make the move it came too late.

Do we have any of last summers signings left?
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:37 - Aug 31 with 1654 viewsraynor94

Some of you older posters will remember the flak I used to get, when I used to suggest a dof, the chickens are coming home to roost

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:39 - Aug 31 with 1631 viewsmagicdaps10

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:37 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Some of you older posters will remember the flak I used to get, when I used to suggest a dof, the chickens are coming home to roost

It is glaringly obvious now that we need one.

The only problem is, if we did appoint one which we probably wont then he would probably only have one premier league window to work in!

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:42 - Aug 31 with 1604 viewsskippyjack

We don't need a director of football.. We need someone who understands the managerial role of football.

Because let's be honest.. Huw sees a player he likes and signs him up.

No thought goes into it like.. 'He looks good, we'll have him!'.

it's like a kid walking into a sweet shop.. 'I want that one'.

I give up with experts these days.. especially experts with OBEs.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 1577 viewstylagarwjack

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:39 - Aug 31 by magicdaps10

It is glaringly obvious now that we need one.

The only problem is, if we did appoint one which we probably wont then he would probably only have one premier league window to work in!

Does the DOF model even work?

Wouldn't the best model be a good scouting system, with the managers requirements being prioritised in terms of positon, the manager then receives a list of players which he then prioritises and then it comes down to the chairman in terms of what deals are affordable etc.

If we have HJ choosing the players we sign from anything earlier than the financial side of it the it's little wonder that we are struggling in the transfer market.
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:46 - Aug 31 with 1571 viewsBLAZE

Haha, nice try Rayns but you were suggesting a DoF in the days when Huw was still doing a very good job. We didn't need one at the time, and no matter how bad things get now, it doesnt change the past
Huw and a Director of Football on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 1560 viewsDracan66

Just spotted in HJ office window -

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 1556 viewsmorningstar

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:25 - Aug 31 by BlameHuwJenkins

I blame you. If you'd been around at the time you could have told us all then! Why wait till now mun?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:48 - Aug 31 with 1548 viewsraynor94

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:46 - Aug 31 by BLAZE

Haha, nice try Rayns but you were suggesting a DoF in the days when Huw was still doing a very good job. We didn't need one at the time, and no matter how bad things get now, it doesnt change the past

Worth a try Blaze

Huw and a Director of Football on 00:12 - Sep 1 with 1451 viewsjacktar

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:42 - Aug 31 by skippyjack

We don't need a director of football.. We need someone who understands the managerial role of football.

Because let's be honest.. Huw sees a player he likes and signs him up.

it's like a kid walking into a sweet shop.. 'I want that one'.

I give up with experts these days.. especially experts with OBEs.

"Because let's be honest.. Huw sees a player he likes and signs him up.
it's like a kid walking into a sweet shop.. 'I want that one'. "

Fair do's skippy you've excelled in the absolute bollocks stakes with that one.

Keep it up!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Huw and a Director of Football on 00:17 - Sep 1 with 1431 viewsBlameHuwJenkins

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:47 - Aug 31 by morningstar

I blame you. If you'd been around at the time you could have told us all then! Why wait till now mun?

I did. Any negative talk against Huw Jenkins or Garry Monk back then was immediately dismissed as trolling and I was banned.
Huw and a Director of Football on 03:26 - Sep 1 with 1289 viewsDJack

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:46 - Aug 31 by BLAZE

BOOM! get in there Blaze and stop the revisionism.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Huw and a Director of Football on 03:28 - Sep 1 with 1288 viewsDJack

Huw and a Director of Football on 23:48 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Worth a try Blaze

Rayns, I am happy with your "recent" outlook...a lot less negative but you must (should?) admit your past hobby-horse of a DOF was a bit hysterical.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Huw and a Director of Football on 04:26 - Sep 1 with 1263 viewsWatchman

they did noy dilly dally they were too busy lining their own pockets., they have completely lost track on their duty of care to the organisation.
A former Director on tvvatter saying' relax we will be fine the americans are good people ' what an attitutde! completely lost touch with reality and softened by money

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:30 - Sep 1 with 1045 viewsLeonisGod

I thought we got Fer, Llorente and Borja deals done nice and early. And all should be better than Tabanou and Eder. We also offloaded players like Bartley early and got quick replacements.

Most of of dealings were fine. It's just the Ash/Ayew situation in the last week or so that's not gone well. But we're not alone in not getting everything we want.
Huw and a Director of Football on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 1014 viewsmax936

Do you Jenkins would allow someone else to take control because I don't?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:48 - Sep 1 with 986 viewsvetchonian

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:38 - Sep 1 by max936

Also we are forgetting the HJ is now just a hired hand. I would imagine the yanks have given him a budget based on previous dealings also given the rate of outgoing deals they have set a limit on the wage bill too to ensure good profit
We mustn't forget their interest in the club is the money they can make not supporting the club , they will,ale ,only even if relegated but won't have such a gem to sell on and maximise their "investment"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:48 - Sep 1 with 984 viewscostalotta

Er, didn't he just sell control to the Americans?
Huw and a Director of Football on 08:50 - Sep 1 with 973 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:48 - Sep 1 by vetchonian

Also we are forgetting the HJ is now just a hired hand. I would imagine the yanks have given him a budget based on previous dealings also given the rate of outgoing deals they have set a limit on the wage bill too to ensure good profit
We mustn't forget their interest in the club is the money they can make not supporting the club , they will,ale ,only even if relegated but won't have such a gem to sell on and maximise their "investment"

More than likely cash in the parachute payments and run for the hills!
Huw and a Director of Football on 08:50 - Sep 1 with 973 viewsraynor94

I don't think he would, it's gone to his head, but if things go wrong this season, he will find himself in a very unenviable position

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:55 - Sep 1 with 948 viewsvetchonian

Huw and a Director of Football on 08:50 - Sep 1 by raynor94

I don't think he would, it's gone to his head, but if things go wrong this season, he will find himself in a very unenviable position

You can hear him now speaking to the media following his sacking

I was working with my hands tied behind my back the Americans gave us a limited budget they do not understand the club like us fans we should have never sold out but my fellow directors made me

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024