Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very optimistic view on our predicament. 15:40 - Sep 7 with 2931 viewsGriffting

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/swansea

Interesting outlook to say the least. I'm a believer that stats don't tell the whole story. And, having been at 2 of the 3 games of the premier league this season it's been very frustrating. But I do think stats show some sort of picture. Good teams usually have good stats, so far this season we have good stats but the results haven't matched. Is it a case of it needed to click?? Or is the problem a lot deeper??
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 15:54 - Sep 7 with 2904 viewsPozuelosSideys

Have to be honest, im struggling to agree with much of that article

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:06 - Sep 7 with 2873 viewsPegojack

I can't really comment on the article since I've not yet seen the team live this season, but I am looking forward to seeing how we perform on Sunday.

It will obviously be a huge task to get anything against Chelski, with the rejuvenated Hazard the main threat, not to mention that opposition crowd favourite Costa. Somehow we've got to try and keep them quiet. However, with the pace of Montero and Barrow, we can make it an uncomfortable afternoon for the slow and ponderous Chelsea defenders. Time for bold team selection from the Don.
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:10 - Sep 7 with 2866 viewsGriffting

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 15:54 - Sep 7 by PozuelosSideys

Have to be honest, im struggling to agree with much of that article

I mean, a lot of it is based off recorded statistics.. My gripe is what constitutes a chance, a key pass ect. I do think that Llorente has had chances in the air, but has failed to produce a quality finish. The midfield needs to be sorted out in my opinion, at times the shape is horrible. Especially in that Leicester game. I think we will, and have created chances in games so far though and I certainly don't think we are as bad as some would believe.
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:22 - Sep 7 with 2829 viewsPozuelosSideys

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:10 - Sep 7 by Griffting

I mean, a lot of it is based off recorded statistics.. My gripe is what constitutes a chance, a key pass ect. I do think that Llorente has had chances in the air, but has failed to produce a quality finish. The midfield needs to be sorted out in my opinion, at times the shape is horrible. Especially in that Leicester game. I think we will, and have created chances in games so far though and I certainly don't think we are as bad as some would believe.

Yep. Stats are only one part of the jigsaw though. They dont paint the picture of our style of play, our lack of cutting edge, the whole 'feel' of a performance ie which team is on top, do we look suspect from set piece, do we even look like we create anything clear cut.

It noted Routledge has been playing well. I disagree. We all know he can be far better than we have seen from him for a while. Stats dont always show the picture we are looking at in front of us. Then again, people dont always see the same thing.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:24 - Sep 7 with 2817 viewsLeonisGod

Only 1 start that matters: how much grizzle is there in the pies? All else is meaningless waffle.

We'll be fine mun. Probably. Maybe.

Key to all this will be how the front 4 all mesh. That's the big unknown. Borja seems more of a poacher from the little I've seen of him. Very different to the big man role we've come to expect of our strikers since Wilf. His relationship with Gylfi and the wingers will be key.
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:36 - Sep 7 with 2773 viewsGriffting

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:22 - Sep 7 by PozuelosSideys

Yep. Stats are only one part of the jigsaw though. They dont paint the picture of our style of play, our lack of cutting edge, the whole 'feel' of a performance ie which team is on top, do we look suspect from set piece, do we even look like we create anything clear cut.

It noted Routledge has been playing well. I disagree. We all know he can be far better than we have seen from him for a while. Stats dont always show the picture we are looking at in front of us. Then again, people dont always see the same thing.

The set pieces is one deep rooted problem that has been here for a good while now. Hopefully Mawson will be beneficial to that. We have been lacklustre, gylfi is so important and he's been sub-par, that's not when he feels the need to go deep to cover for Fer. Britton/cork/gylfi could be the way to go I feel, we would be much more structured in midfield at least and dare I say we'd keep the ball a lot better as a result. Might been seen as too defensive but a clean sheet would be nice right now.
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:45 - Sep 7 with 2751 viewsmonmouth

Well, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but whoever wrote that didn't watch the Leicester game (we were nowhere near as bad against Hull as the received opinion would now have people believe - a bit of luck, as we deserved, and we'd have buried them).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:54 - Sep 7 with 2725 viewsShonky

Whoever wrote that must have taken a bucketful of m.d.m.a. shortly before writing it. I thought I was optimistic. What leadership has Llorente show thus far? He lost me there. It looks like the sort of thing someone attached to the club would write( in hope)
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 16:55]

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 17:29 - Sep 7 with 2621 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 16:54 - Sep 7 by Shonky

Whoever wrote that must have taken a bucketful of m.d.m.a. shortly before writing it. I thought I was optimistic. What leadership has Llorente show thus far? He lost me there. It looks like the sort of thing someone attached to the club would write( in hope)
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 16:55]

Just watching on TV, I've noticed Llorente acting like a leader on at least a couple of occasions so far. In particular, he seems to have taken Barrow under his wing.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 17:31 - Sep 7 with 2610 viewsLeonisGod

The optimism I've got is that last season under Guido we seemed to up our game for the big name teams. So this Sunday will be very interesting.

Chelski are flying though. Sh*t, now I'm worried again.
A very optimistic view on our predicament. on 17:51 - Sep 7 with 2552 viewsjack247

There is a place for stats, but this just goes to show the danger of relying on them. I wouldn't mind betting that whoever wrote it hasn't watched our games. 'Not just good football, but the right football'. We haven't been playing either.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have created more 'chances' than most teams, there were a load of them in the Hull game alone. Very few of them were the type of chance you expect to score from though. I'd far rather we have 3 or 4 clear cut chances per game than 20 shit ones.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024