Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. 17:17 - Sep 18 with 2246 viewsmagicdaps10

Simples.

Pissing about with a back 3 or a diamond in midfield has and never will work.

A flat back 4, 2 holding midfielders, 2 Wingers, an attacking midfielfder playing off a striker..................pick your best 11 for that formation and go for it. Rest them for the cups and the jobs a good un.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 18:12 - Sep 18 with 2153 viewsjack247

To do that, you pretty much need wingers who cut inside and link up with the attacking midfielder. Routledge is bang out of form and Dyer is injured. For all their deficiencies, Barrow and Montero at least offer a bit of menace. We would also need a midfielder who can dictate the tempo and for Siggy to get back to form.

What we seem to be doing now, is flapping about, trying to find a formation that suits the players we have. We really needed an overhaul in the last transfer window. The board let us down badly.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 18:37 - Sep 18 with 2066 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We haven't got the players to play that system anymore. Huw's f*cked up our recruitment

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 19:34 - Sep 18 with 1981 viewsJackFish

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 18:37 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

We haven't got the players to play that system anymore. Huw's f*cked up our recruitment

We need players who are comfortable in possession and can play passes in tight areas for that to work, and ideally someone at centre half who is capable of passing the ball to his teammates instead of the donkey we've got there at the moment who doesn't seem to know what colour shirts we wear.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 20:10 - Sep 18 with 1904 viewstherealme

All good points made so far and I agree with

The Laudrup reign was the last period where we bought players to fit the system. Since then, it's like we are bringing players in because it's a good financial deal or whatever, regardless whether they have a good first, can play in tight spaces, are cool under pressure, have good awareness

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 1886 viewsJokeren1943

What Swansea should do is to find a certain concept/idea/styke which they want to play. That concept was extremly clear and succesful up until Monk, who changed Swanseas style to a more traditional mid table- bottom team with a defensive counterattack style. The possession style was abandoned.

I do not agree about the idea it is just a matter of spending money. The managers before Monk did not splash mush money on players. They just did some good scouting.

Central midfielders like Britton, Guzman, Ki are central to this possession style. Those kind of players have been changed with more traditional old style PL players, with great strength but not much technical abilities.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 20:16]
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 08:55 - Sep 30 with 1655 viewsMillie

Do we stick to the Swansea way and let others worry about us or switch to worry about them?
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 10:57 - Sep 30 with 1501 viewsKGriz16

AMEN to the OP!
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 11:04 - Sep 30 with 1489 viewsMillie

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 18:37 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

No he hasn't, some haven't come off but its too sweeping a statement
Login to get fewer ads

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 11:22 - Sep 30 with 1462 viewsyescomeon

Big problem is wingers. We've only really got Barrow imo who is up to the task of the premier league. Perhaps Routlege and maybe Montero at a push. We could maybe get by at centre back and full back, we are sorted up front and in goal, but wings and midfield need serious looking at over the next couple of windows.

Upthecity!

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 11:50 - Sep 30 with 1430 viewsjack247

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 11:22 - Sep 30 by yescomeon

Big problem is wingers. We've only really got Barrow imo who is up to the task of the premier league. Perhaps Routlege and maybe Montero at a push. We could maybe get by at centre back and full back, we are sorted up front and in goal, but wings and midfield need serious looking at over the next couple of windows.

All three of them are good enough for PL football IMO, but are suited to completely different styles of play. We need to get back to signing the right type of player. It used to be our mantra and it served us well.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 12:57 - Sep 30 with 1340 viewsjasonbromham

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 19:34 - Sep 18 by JackFish

We need players who are comfortable in possession and can play passes in tight areas for that to work, and ideally someone at centre half who is capable of passing the ball to his teammates instead of the donkey we've got there at the moment who doesn't seem to know what colour shirts we wear.

Fernandez?
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 21:36 - Sep 30 with 1179 viewsBrynmill_Jack

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 11:04 - Sep 30 by Millie

No he hasn't, some haven't come off but its too sweeping a statement

No replacements for Rangel, Taylor , Chico , Leon and no proper succession plan for Williams eventually leaving either. it's not a sweeping statement, it has led to our inability to play the 4-5-1 that e became reknowned for, and, as a consequence, our PL status hasn't looked this insecure since we came up in 2011.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 21:40 - Sep 30 with 1167 viewsOldjack

He'd be a fool to alter anything that took us so close last week ,players included

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 22:00 - Sep 30 with 1130 viewsJack11

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 21:40 - Sep 30 by Oldjack

He'd be a fool to alter anything that took us so close last week ,players included

If he thinks it's his last hurrah he might really take the handbrake off and play 442 with Borja and Lorente up front and a midfield four of Siggy, Fer, Jeff & Mo.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 22:06 - Sep 30 with 1116 viewsOldjack

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 22:00 - Sep 30 by Jack11

If he thinks it's his last hurrah he might really take the handbrake off and play 442 with Borja and Lorente up front and a midfield four of Siggy, Fer, Jeff & Mo.

or he might think fuk it ,do what you want

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 22:09 - Sep 30 with 1104 viewsmonmouth

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 22:00 - Sep 30 by Jack11

Why would he want to just gift liverpool the game?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:06 - Sep 30 with 1030 viewsMurph75

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 21:36 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

No replacements for Rangel, Taylor , Chico , Leon and no proper succession plan for Williams eventually leaving either. it's not a sweeping statement, it has led to our inability to play the 4-5-1 that e became reknowned for, and, as a consequence, our PL status hasn't looked this insecure since we came up in 2011.

We've got Naughton, Kingsley and van der Hoorn you clown. As far as I'm aware Leon is still capable of first team football.

Do what you're good at and stalk Darran rather than talk about football.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:24 - Sep 30 with 1018 viewsA_Fans_Dad

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:06 - Sep 30 by Murph75

We've got Naughton, Kingsley and van der Hoorn you clown. As far as I'm aware Leon is still capable of first team football.

You are very disrespctful for someone who is only half right.
It was generally agreed by the fans that Naughton is no better than Rangel, so not the replacement we needed.
Kingsley was not a replacement for Taylor as he is not a better Defender and had no Prem experience. He is more like "Dyer being the replacement for Ayew" as Jenkins said ie promoted from within.
So both Naughton & Kingsley are basically backups.
Van der Hoorn was also brought in as backup and not as a direct replacement for anybody.
Plus although Leon is still capable of playing there is no backup or replacement for him as none of the other players can do what he does as well as he does it.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:27 - Sep 30 with 1014 viewsMurph75

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:24 - Sep 30 by A_Fans_Dad

It was generally agreed by the fans that Naughton is no better than Rangel, so not the replacement we needed.
Kingsley was not a replacement for Taylor as he is not a better Defender and had no Prem experience. He is more like "Dyer being the replacement for Ayew" as Jenkins said ie promoted from within.
Van der Hoorn was also brought in as backup and not as a direct replacement for anybody.
Plus although Leon is still capable of playing there is no backup or replacement for him as none of the other players can do what he does as well as he does it.

Thanks for saying I'm half right. Best bit of your reply.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:51 - Sep 30 with 984 viewsjack247

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:06 - Sep 30 by Murph75

The very reason Leon is still playing is because he hasn't been replaced. He should have been by now, but is still crucial to us. Naughton is arguably better than Rangel now, but there isn't much in it. He certainly isn't the player Rangel was a few years ago, so he hasn't been replaced either. Kingsley was brought in as back up, but has done very well. I'd agree he has replaced Taylor, though he is still not as good defensively.

VdH we just don't know yet. Fernandez was supposed to replace Chico and is probably better defensively, but Chico had a lot more to his game. Fernandez is a liability in possession. Ash has been 'replaced' by promoting his understudy. I'd argue that the only one that has been replaced is Taylor and he was the one that least needed replacing.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 07:38 - Oct 1 with 896 viewsexiledinenglandjack

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 23:24 - Sep 30 by A_Fans_Dad

I must admit i don't get your post. Are you saying that because they were brought in as backup, that they will never exceed the first team players that are already here? Because, VdH admittedly in the few games he has played, has been better than FF. Overall for the last 6 months Kingsley has been better than Taylor and finally i guess you could toss a coin with Naughts and Rangel but the premise of your post i believe is wrong. I believe that we could use Fulton more and i think he could be developed into Leons successor. He has never let the team down in an appearance he has made and a bonus that he seems to have an aerial threat.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 07:59 - Oct 1 with 878 viewsjack247

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 07:38 - Oct 1 by exiledinenglandjack

I must admit i don't get your post. Are you saying that because they were brought in as backup, that they will never exceed the first team players that are already here? Because, VdH admittedly in the few games he has played, has been better than FF. Overall for the last 6 months Kingsley has been better than Taylor and finally i guess you could toss a coin with Naughts and Rangel but the premise of your post i believe is wrong. I believe that we could use Fulton more and i think he could be developed into Leons successor. He has never let the team down in an appearance he has made and a bonus that he seems to have an aerial threat.

Leon and Rangel are past their prime. Naughton and Rangel may be fairly equal now and Fulton may eventually take over from Leon, but we haven't replaced the players they were in their prime and probably won't with Naughton and Fulton. I'd agree that I'd prefer VdH in the team than Fernandez, but Fernandez himself was a downgrade and we have lost Ash since then.
4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 08:01 - Oct 1 with 876 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We have 2 electric wingers and we don't play them

F@cking bizzare

Squad is good enough there's plenty of talent there no excuses of not replacing Ayew or Williams .

F@cking get on with it Frankie

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

4-5-1.........The Swansea way. on 08:05 - Oct 1 with 872 viewsKilkennyjack

Gets my vote.

Be great to get back to dominating the ball.

At home i would play Leon plus Montero and Barrow as the wide men. If we dont win say 10 home games then we are unlikely to get to 40 points.
Away maybe go more boring and wingless and grab a point.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024