Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started 08:18 - Sep 20 with 5271 viewsNookiejack

Is our strategy to have more managers than Leeds?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3797275/Francesco-Guidolin-fig

Massimo Cellino has a terrible reputation for continually changing his managers. Huw Jenkins starting to run him close.

Who has had ultimate responsibility for:-

1. Managerial Recruitment

2. Player Recruitment

Isn't the solution if club is not happy with Guidolin's managerial performance to move him into Director of Football role? He is renowned for his international contacts and is perceived as a good guy?

The Yanks must be currently analysing how much money it will take to buy out Jenkins contract compared to Guidolin's. They must be thinking can we really allow Jenkins to choose yet another manager?
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:21 - Sep 20 with 4013 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin's not helped himself much but if the club tries to pin all the blame for this season on him then things will never improve.

A big, big clearout looks needed, both in the squad and the boardroom.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:35 - Sep 20 with 3972 viewscrix

well this story was almost a given after the weekend.
so everyones concerned about his training and man management methods now. they seemed to be working ok at the end of last season. I fancy our frankie is not the nicey, nicey push over we see in the news conferences, when hes out on the training field. guess what our bunch of prima donna lightweights we call players don't like it so they are throwing their toys out the pram.
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:37 - Sep 20 with 3957 viewsBorojack

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:21 - Sep 20 by Dr_Winston

Guidolin's not helped himself much but if the club tries to pin all the blame for this season on him then things will never improve.

How can we have a clearout whilst Jenkins is handing out contracts to Rangel Bartley Dyer Leon and Routeledge.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:41 - Sep 20 with 3928 viewsDr_Winston

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:37 - Sep 20 by Borojack

How can we have a clearout whilst Jenkins is handing out contracts to Rangel Bartley Dyer Leon and Routeledge.

You start the clearout with Jenkins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:54 - Sep 20 with 3870 viewscostalotta

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:41 - Sep 20 by Dr_Winston

You start the clearout with Jenkins.

Exactomundo.

He can LD with him. I mean, what does he do these days?

Seems most are finally waking up to this, well at least the ones that do not have their heads buried in the sand anyway. I wonder what the trust members (not just the board) think of this, as a collective that is? Head still in the sand or does it (the trust) have a view? Maybe their could be some kind of reaching out and finding out amongst the members. Only to understand the feeling of ALL fans.
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:09 - Sep 20 with 3816 viewsDarran

Whether it's scapegoating or not he was clearly appy to work under these ludicrous conditions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:12 - Sep 20 with 3799 viewsjasper_T

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:09 - Sep 20 by Darran

Whether it's scapegoating or not he was clearly appy to work under these ludicrous conditions.

And he'll be even appier with the £2-4m he'll get when we pay off his contract.
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:13 - Sep 20 with 3786 viewsDarran

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:12 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

Indeed.

Login to get fewer ads

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 3782 viewsLoyal

A millionaire ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:16 - Sep 20 with 3770 viewsNookiejack

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:12 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

If it is that much then wouldn't it be much better for Guidolin to slot into the Director of Football role?

In comparison how much do you think it would cost to buy out Jenkins contract? Would you assume he is on something like a 1 year rolling contract?
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:22 - Sep 20 with 3745 viewsPrivate_Partz

Exactly, and you paint a very interesting scenario at the end. We could all see this coming after the poor transfer window. For me Frankie's only fault is to remain loyal to his employers and not kick up a fuss over the poor quality of recruitment. ML did the same although it all came to light later in his presser after he was sacked. We may get the same with Frankie if he goes but I am sure he will be paid silence money in such a case.
Having said thatbit is STILL to early to write us off. We still have two defenders to come into the side and we have no idea how successful Borja will be. My worry is the midfield and it would seem we are going have to stick to safety first football with both Leon and Corky in the side. I only hope both can stand a full season. Leon is a major concern.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:25 - Sep 20 with 3736 viewsDarran

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:22 - Sep 20 by Private_Partz

Exactly, and you paint a very interesting scenario at the end. We could all see this coming after the poor transfer window. For me Frankie's only fault is to remain loyal to his employers and not kick up a fuss over the poor quality of recruitment. ML did the same although it all came to light later in his presser after he was sacked. We may get the same with Frankie if he goes but I am sure he will be paid silence money in such a case.
Having said thatbit is STILL to early to write us off. We still have two defenders to come into the side and we have no idea how successful Borja will be. My worry is the midfield and it would seem we are going have to stick to safety first football with both Leon and Corky in the side. I only hope both can stand a full season. Leon is a major concern.

How do you know we've got two defenders to come into the side?

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:31 - Sep 20 with 3723 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Correct Darran.

The problem is that they will now look for another fall guy who is appy to work under these ludicrous conditions instead of appointing the manager we need.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:37 - Sep 20 with 3686 viewsDarran

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:31 - Sep 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Correct Darran.

The problem is that they will now look for another fall guy who is appy to work under these ludicrous conditions instead of appointing the manager we need.

All depends who appoints him.

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 3657 viewsunion_jack

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:25 - Sep 20 by Darran

How do you know we've got two defenders to come into the side?

VDH and Mawson?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 3609 viewsDarran

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:45 - Sep 20 by union_jack

VDH and Mawson?

Yes but how do you know they're good enough to be starting in the first XI?

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 3602 viewsmonmouth

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:45 - Sep 20 by union_jack

VDH and Mawson?

They could be worse! Bartley looks good in the Championship.

Guidolin simply has to cut out any cancers and get on with it, and if that means Sigurdsson, Taylor, Ki or anyone else is binned off then so be it. They can always be brought back by the new bloke if he fails and is sacked anyway. We are turning into frigging QPR or Sunderland....don't like the manager lads, we'll get another one then.

Anyway, it's the yanks' call now isn't it? Be interesting to see how they jump.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 10:04]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 3595 viewsDarran

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:03 - Sep 20 by monmouth

They could be worse! Bartley looks good in the Championship.

Guidolin simply has to cut out any cancers and get on with it, and if that means Sigurdsson, Taylor, Ki or anyone else is binned off then so be it. They can always be brought back by the new bloke if he fails and is sacked anyway. We are turning into frigging QPR or Sunderland....don't like the manager lads, we'll get another one then.

Anyway, it's the yanks' call now isn't it? Be interesting to see how they jump.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2016 10:04]

Spot on.

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:05 - Sep 20 with 3595 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:37 - Sep 20 by Darran

All depends who appoints him.

Do you think the Americans are going to relive Huw of some or all of his duties?

It would be a very interesting development if they did.

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 3569 viewsmax936

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 08:21 - Sep 20 by Dr_Winston

I suggest that neither will happen, squad overall should have happened this summer, it was clear that some players had done their time, but feckall was done, as much as I like Cork I've been a tad disappointed in him, well myself really for thinking that he could takeover Leon's role which he clearly can't, he can't lace his boots in fact

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 3564 viewsCatullus

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:00 - Sep 20 by Darran

Yes but how do you know they're good enough to be starting in the first XI?

We have to hope to god st least one of them is good enough because Amat and Fernandez doesn't work.

I'm with Dr Winston, there has to be a clear out starting with Jenkins. I have stuck up for him in the past, because he deserved it.
Now I believe we've had the best of Jenkins, for whatever reason, and a change (or 3) is needed.
I think Guidolin could be a good manager under the right conditions. At least he too deserves a chance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 3550 viewsLeonisGod

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:10 - Sep 20 by Catullus

We have to hope to god st least one of them is good enough because Amat and Fernandez doesn't work.

I'm with Dr Winston, there has to be a clear out starting with Jenkins. I have stuck up for him in the past, because he deserved it.
Now I believe we've had the best of Jenkins, for whatever reason, and a change (or 3) is needed.
I think Guidolin could be a good manager under the right conditions. At least he too deserves a chance.

Starting with Jenkins? We've just had a massive clear-out and that's part of the problem imo. I'd much rather we keep Jenkins than have Levien and Kaplan lead us from the other side of the Atlantic.
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 3548 viewspencoedjack

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 09:16 - Sep 20 by Nookiejack

If it is that much then wouldn't it be much better for Guidolin to slot into the Director of Football role?

In comparison how much do you think it would cost to buy out Jenkins contract? Would you assume he is on something like a 1 year rolling contract?

We can get Trollope in as head coach he's cheap & will be free soon.

This is only going 1 way Frankie will be gone by the time we play Watford.
The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:18 - Sep 20 with 3532 viewsmax936

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:10 - Sep 20 by Catullus

I don't think Guidolin is a strong enough character to deal with some of his squad, I think he would be a real valuable asset to the club if he moved upstairs and a younger no nonsense ambitious Manager was brought in, that probably won't be in Jenkins thinking though as its all to cushty for him as it stands.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 3521 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Scapegoating of Guidolin has started on 10:14 - Sep 20 by LeonisGod

Starting with Jenkins? We've just had a massive clear-out and that's part of the problem imo. I'd much rather we keep Jenkins than have Levien and Kaplan lead us from the other side of the Atlantic.

I'd much rather we get a director of football who can work very closely with a manager to implement a clear philosophy on playing style which leads directly to player recruitment and overall direction of the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024