Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja or Llorente? 21:57 - Sep 21 with 9827 viewsbiggar

Hello all,
Not seen tonight's game but for those who have, who do you think will be leading the line when Borja is 100% fit??

I know he's had poor service but Llorente hasn't convinced me one bit.
Borja or Llorente? on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 1456 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Borja or Llorente? on 13:53 - Oct 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Cork & Fer need to get fitter, their fitness is very poor .

Britton can step down then ,starting him knowing he'll blow up after an hour ain't the way forward

"Cork's fitness is very poor", really?
In the first 4 games this season Cork was 5th highest distance coverer in the Prem at 46.2Km. No other Swans player is in the top ten.
Some people really talk a load of old codswallop on here.
Borja or Llorente? on 14:49 - Oct 24 with 1446 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 14:44 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

"Cork's fitness is very poor", really?
In the first 4 games this season Cork was 5th highest distance coverer in the Prem at 46.2Km. No other Swans player is in the top ten.
Some people really talk a load of old codswallop on here.

Too many obsessed with Joe Allen and as result do not look at things objectively.
Cork gets slammed by many in here unfairly...yes he is not Bale,Ozil Hazard but he is not gash or unfit as many state

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Borja or Llorente? on 14:53 - Oct 24 with 1430 viewsLegend83

Borja or Llorente? on 14:49 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

Too many obsessed with Joe Allen and as result do not look at things objectively.
Cork gets slammed by many in here unfairly...yes he is not Bale,Ozil Hazard but he is not gash or unfit as many state

Very short of form at present though.

Hopefully a few games on the bench will see him get his head together.
Borja or Llorente? on 15:12 - Oct 24 with 1395 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bale , hazard , Ozil ??

You are the only one who has mentioned Joe Allan

I really couldn't give 2 f@cks about the little c@nt

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Borja or Llorente? on 15:16 - Oct 24 with 1389 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 14:53 - Oct 24 by Legend83

Very short of form at present though.

Hopefully a few games on the bench will see him get his head together.

He needs some confidence,should never play with Leon and then again whilst bought as Leons replacement he is a different player a true DM whilst Leon is one of a kind.I would challenge people to name another player in the Leon mould.....and dont bother with Joe Allen as he never played that role he always played in the same team ahead of Leon.
I cannot understand why the club has not developed someone through the acadamy to play in Leons role as he does and use Leon to "coach" that person, or used Leon to coach Cork into that role.

Borja or Llorente? on 15:21 - Oct 24 with 1365 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 15:16 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

He needs some confidence,should never play with Leon and then again whilst bought as Leons replacement he is a different player a true DM whilst Leon is one of a kind.I would challenge people to name another player in the Leon mould.....and dont bother with Joe Allen as he never played that role he always played in the same team ahead of Leon.
I cannot understand why the club has not developed someone through the acadamy to play in Leons role as he does and use Leon to "coach" that person, or used Leon to coach Cork into that role.

You can't name another player in the 'Leon' mould because any other team would not accomodate him in their 25 man squad these days, let alone start matches.

He wins the ball and then passes it sideways and that's about it. Teams now need their DM to drive forward with the ball. You don't see Drinkwater, Allen, Kante or any other DM win the ball and then stand on the halfway line with his defenders waiting for the next time the opposition attack. They are the ones driving forward or spraying the cross field passes.

We have to rely on VDH, Mawson or somebody else to play the passes because Leon cannot. If Leon had not been at the club for over a decade and had 'legend' status, he'd be crucified for the performances he gives where he offers nothing but the occasional tackle and sideways pass.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Borja or Llorente? on 15:32 - Oct 24 with 1343 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 15:21 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You can't name another player in the 'Leon' mould because any other team would not accomodate him in their 25 man squad these days, let alone start matches.

He wins the ball and then passes it sideways and that's about it. Teams now need their DM to drive forward with the ball. You don't see Drinkwater, Allen, Kante or any other DM win the ball and then stand on the halfway line with his defenders waiting for the next time the opposition attack. They are the ones driving forward or spraying the cross field passes.

We have to rely on VDH, Mawson or somebody else to play the passes because Leon cannot. If Leon had not been at the club for over a decade and had 'legend' status, he'd be crucified for the performances he gives where he offers nothing but the occasional tackle and sideways pass.

why dont you just dissapear again!
You totally miss the point trying to be made..your bsession with slating players is getting tedious.
The "Swansea way" evolved under Martinez relied on Leon linking with the centrbacks to give them an outball rather than hoofing it or playing long passes.Sousa played in a different way so Leons role not needed hence why he left. Brendan saw what it gave to us and so brought him back. Leon is now passed his best we also do not have the same set up or type of players to support him. Cork was bought to do the Leon role but Leon never was a DM whereas Cork was.
You were at the game Saturday? If so how come you omissed Leons driving forward which he did on several occasions

Borja or Llorente? on 15:35 - Oct 24 with 1329 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 15:32 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

why dont you just dissapear again!
You totally miss the point trying to be made..your bsession with slating players is getting tedious.
The "Swansea way" evolved under Martinez relied on Leon linking with the centrbacks to give them an outball rather than hoofing it or playing long passes.Sousa played in a different way so Leons role not needed hence why he left. Brendan saw what it gave to us and so brought him back. Leon is now passed his best we also do not have the same set up or type of players to support him. Cork was bought to do the Leon role but Leon never was a DM whereas Cork was.
You were at the game Saturday? If so how come you omissed Leons driving forward which he did on several occasions

All I remember seeing from Leon on Saturday were cynical fouls from behind after the play had passed him by. I dislike and do not rate Jack Cork just like every other knowledgeable Swans fan but I was wishing he was playing instead of Leon as at least he'd have added to our attacking threat and has the physical attributes to catch up with play instead of having to foul to get back into position.

Login to get fewer ads

Borja or Llorente? on 15:40 - Oct 24 with 1321 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 15:35 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

All I remember seeing from Leon on Saturday were cynical fouls from behind after the play had passed him by. I dislike and do not rate Jack Cork just like every other knowledgeable Swans fan but I was wishing he was playing instead of Leon as at least he'd have added to our attacking threat and has the physical attributes to catch up with play instead of having to foul to get back into position.

We agree Leon is past his best but I think you are doing him a misjustice with your summary of his total play on Saturday.
Cork is an underated player .......disliked not beacause he is gash but as many see him as not being Leon or JdG

Borja or Llorente? on 15:46 - Oct 24 with 1305 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 15:40 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

We agree Leon is past his best but I think you are doing him a misjustice with your summary of his total play on Saturday.
Cork is an underated player .......disliked not beacause he is gash but as many see him as not being Leon or JdG

I dislike Cork because he is the epitome of just what has been wrong with our recruitment. We replace departing players with signings which are not an improvement on what we have lost. Most of the time the new signing is actually far below the level of the player he is replacing.

Off the top of my head;

Cork for Leon
Naughton for prime Rangel
Tabanou for Davies
VDH/Mawson for Williams
Fernandez for Chico
I could go on for another 5 minutes I'm sure.

The only improvement we have made recently is to our striking department as I believe both Borja and Llorente are better than the starting and back up strikers we have had recently.

I'm eagerly awaiting Dyer to return from injury just to laugh when I see him and Routledge lining up on the wings to start a Premier League match for us in 2017 when both were not of the required standard 6 years ago.

Borja or Llorente? (n/t) on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 1292 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Borja or Llorente? on 15:35 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You add nothing of intelligence to any discussion on here and you have already been proved wrong about Leon not carrying the ball.
Just as you are wrong about his passing, 124 forward to 62 backwards.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 15:53]
Borja or Llorente? on 15:50 - Oct 24 with 1290 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 15:46 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I dislike Cork because he is the epitome of just what has been wrong with our recruitment. We replace departing players with signings which are not an improvement on what we have lost. Most of the time the new signing is actually far below the level of the player he is replacing.

Off the top of my head;

Cork for Leon
Naughton for prime Rangel
Tabanou for Davies
VDH/Mawson for Williams
Fernandez for Chico
I could go on for another 5 minutes I'm sure.

The only improvement we have made recently is to our striking department as I believe both Borja and Llorente are better than the starting and back up strikers we have had recently.

I'm eagerly awaiting Dyer to return from injury just to laugh when I see him and Routledge lining up on the wings to start a Premier League match for us in 2017 when both were not of the required standard 6 years ago.

what the same Dyer who was being talked of as an England player 3 seasons ago?
You are a joke Routledge wasnt even at the club 6 years ago! And that deity that was Laudrup used him extensively with much success.

Borja or Llorente? on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 1272 viewsOldjack

Borja or Llorente? on 15:21 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As much as it pains me you are spot on ,Routts Dyer Leon your time is up ,Missing out on Joe or a similar type is hurting us badly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Borja or Llorente? on 16:09 - Oct 24 with 1254 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 16:00 - Oct 24 by Oldjack

As much as it pains me you are spot on ,Routts Dyer Leon your time is up ,Missing out on Joe or a similar type is hurting us badly

I think many agree that Leon along with others is past his best BUT as a result of our poor transfer dealings they maybe the best we have.
I stated earlier we tried to replace Leon with Cork who is different type of player...why didnt we use Leon to help coach Cork into the role....he is not as gash as many on here make out, alsowhy havent we developed a replacement through our academy....again using Leon to help coach that youngster

Borja or Llorente? on 16:13 - Oct 24 with 1243 viewsTummer_from_Texas

How does a thread about our two new strikers turn into one about Leon, Cork, Dyer, Routs, and practically every transfer dealing we've made in the last five years (OTHER than our two new strikers)?

Rhetorical question, of course.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Borja or Llorente? on 16:17 - Oct 24 with 1224 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 16:13 - Oct 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

How does a thread about our two new strikers turn into one about Leon, Cork, Dyer, Routs, and practically every transfer dealing we've made in the last five years (OTHER than our two new strikers)?

Vetchonian mentioned Joe Allen and it triggered me.

Borja or Llorente? on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 1220 viewsvetchonian

thats Planet Swans for you!

Borja or Llorente? on 17:00 - Oct 24 with 1161 viewssherpajacob

We now need more than a point a game, so better to go all out attack and if we get 1 win and 1 loss every two games that's better than drawing both.

So borja and llorente, with Montero and barrow wide.

If we are leading with 20 to go, take 2 off and replace with midfielders.

Take your pick from Leon, cork or ki for siggy s midfield partner. I would go with cork.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Borja or Llorente? on 17:06 - Oct 24 with 1152 viewsjacabertawe

Off at a tangent after the 1301 posting by OTT today, I would suggest!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Borja or Llorente? on 17:29 - Oct 24 with 1108 viewsjasper_T

Borja or Llorente? on 17:00 - Oct 24 by sherpajacob

We now need more than a point a game, so better to go all out attack and if we get 1 win and 1 loss every two games that's better than drawing both.

So borja and llorente, with Montero and barrow wide.

If we are leading with 20 to go, take 2 off and replace with midfielders.

Take your pick from Leon, cork or ki for siggy s midfield partner. I would go with cork.

We wouldn't get much out of Gylfi in that setup. Would have to play two holding mids or get smashed.

He can only play there for Iceland because it's a lower level of football and their wide players are box to box central midfielders rather than actual wingers.
Borja or Llorente? on 17:47 - Oct 24 with 1080 viewsLeonisGod

No he's not rubbish. But he is most definitely not an attck-minded midfielder. When he starts popping up with chances around the box you have to start wondering what's going on.
Borja or Llorente? on 18:27 - Oct 24 with 1052 viewsnantywatcher

Borja or Llorente? on 17:47 - Oct 24 by LeonisGod

No he's not rubbish. But he is most definitely not an attck-minded midfielder. When he starts popping up with chances around the box you have to start wondering what's going on.

Mr Cork did score our "goal of the season" or did no one see that? Great pro and great value for £2 mill. Does DYS actually know he talks garbage 90% of the time?
Borja or Llorente? on 18:47 - Oct 24 with 1025 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Borja or Llorente? on 18:27 - Oct 24 by nantywatcher

Mr Cork did score our "goal of the season" or did no one see that? Great pro and great value for £2 mill. Does DYS actually know he talks garbage 90% of the time?

I agree with that , once he gets his form/fitness back he can take Leon's place asap

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Borja or Llorente? on 20:25 - Oct 24 with 946 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 18:27 - Oct 24 by nantywatcher

90% of the time?

Borja or Llorente? on 20:55 - Oct 24 with 909 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 18:47 - Oct 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

I agree with that , once he gets his form/fitness back he can take Leon's place asap

" once he gets his form/fitness back he can take Leon's place asap"

He's been here for almost two years. Also he is, in my opinion, one of the fittest players at the club. He's just a average footballer playing in a league above his ability. He's never found form at this level and never will. The fact fans want him to replace Leon signifies just how low standards have fallen over the past three years.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024