Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja or Llorente? 21:57 - Sep 21 with 9826 viewsbiggar

Hello all,
Not seen tonight's game but for those who have, who do you think will be leading the line when Borja is 100% fit??

I know he's had poor service but Llorente hasn't convinced me one bit.
Borja or Llorente? on 20:59 - Oct 24 with 1047 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 20:55 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

" once he gets his form/fitness back he can take Leon's place asap"

He's been here for almost two years. Also he is, in my opinion, one of the fittest players at the club. He's just a average footballer playing in a league above his ability. He's never found form at this level and never will. The fact fans want him to replace Leon signifies just how low standards have fallen over the past three years.

At least you know how long he has been here unlike your knowledge of Routledge

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Borja or Llorente? on 21:01 - Oct 24 with 1039 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 20:59 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

At least you know how long he has been here unlike your knowledge of Routledge

This is Wayne's sixth season with us. I said he had been here for six years. I'm not too sure why you deem it necessary to point that out for the third time.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Borja or Llorente? on 21:11 - Oct 24 with 1021 viewsbuilthjack

Borja or Llorente? on 18:27 - Oct 24 by nantywatcher

Mr Cork did score our "goal of the season" or did no one see that? Great pro and great value for £2 mill. Does DYS actually know he talks garbage 90% of the time?

Wasn't it £4m?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borja or Llorente? on 21:12 - Oct 24 with 1020 viewsUplandsJack

I think Cork is a decent, honest pro who in fairness seems to always give his all for the shirt, but being honest just isn't good enough.... The fact Leon still gets in the team in front of him proves that.
We need better quality, plain and simple.

Back on topic is it just me, or is there something about Borja that reminds of Michu???
I think he could excel playing behind Llorente.
Borja or Llorente? on 21:14 - Oct 24 with 1012 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 21:12 - Oct 24 by UplandsJack

I think Cork is a decent, honest pro who in fairness seems to always give his all for the shirt, but being honest just isn't good enough.... The fact Leon still gets in the team in front of him proves that.

Back on topic is it just me, or is there something about Borja that reminds of Michu???

There is nothing about Borja that reminds me of Michu.

Borja or Llorente? on 21:15 - Oct 24 with 993 viewsvetchonian

Borja or Llorente? on 21:14 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There is nothing about Borja that reminds me of Michu.

Let's hope he keeps away from the hoardings

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Borja or Llorente? on 21:54 - Oct 24 with 965 viewsFireboy

Borja or Llorente? on 21:12 - Oct 24 by UplandsJack

I don't think borja is as good as miguel

Yet

But I'm almost certain this borja playing behind llorente will be the future forward line as they looked very good together in the 2nd half on saturday and they will get better with more time together
Borja or Llorente? on 22:08 - Oct 24 with 939 viewsjasper_T

Borja or Llorente? on 21:54 - Oct 24 by Fireboy

I don't think borja is as good as miguel

Yet

But I'm almost certain this borja playing behind llorente will be the future forward line as they looked very good together in the 2nd half on saturday and they will get better with more time together

Gylfi off in Jan, then?
Login to get fewer ads

Borja or Llorente? on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 927 viewsUplandsJack

Borja or Llorente? on 21:15 - Oct 24 by vetchonian

Let's hope he keeps away from the hoardings

I'll second that.....
Borja or Llorente? on 22:26 - Oct 24 with 909 viewsFireboy

Borja or Llorente? on 22:08 - Oct 24 by jasper_T

Gylfi off in Jan, then?

The yanks will cash in on him if we are still in the mire and get the usual 2nd rate replacement
N/A. on 22:37 - Oct 24 with 890 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:41]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Borja or Llorente? on 02:06 - Oct 25 with 818 viewsGriffting

Borja would definitely benefit from playing in a two, rather than being a lone striker. Watching all his goals from the past couple of seasons, the guy lives off finding a yard in the box and putting the ball away. His job would be much easier if he had a partner to take some of the focus away from him and occupy defenders.

How do you do that without dropping Gylfi?? 442 Would require 2 holding midfielders, could shove him out on the left but he just drifts inside and tends to be less involved. Never seen BB use a 352 but even then that would sacrifice wingers, same thing with a diamond. I don't see a formation which would allow for Borja, Llorente, Gylfi and wingers to play that wouldn't see us severely punished defensively.
Borja or Llorente? on 03:00 - Oct 25 with 805 viewsdameedna

Borja or Llorente? on 02:06 - Oct 25 by Griffting

Borja would definitely benefit from playing in a two, rather than being a lone striker. Watching all his goals from the past couple of seasons, the guy lives off finding a yard in the box and putting the ball away. His job would be much easier if he had a partner to take some of the focus away from him and occupy defenders.

How do you do that without dropping Gylfi?? 442 Would require 2 holding midfielders, could shove him out on the left but he just drifts inside and tends to be less involved. Never seen BB use a 352 but even then that would sacrifice wingers, same thing with a diamond. I don't see a formation which would allow for Borja, Llorente, Gylfi and wingers to play that wouldn't see us severely punished defensively.

Maybe move Siggy up top with Borja for intervaals in a game. Rely on one wing to attack and one wing to contain. Very close to what we currently do. Or sub on Llorente for Borja or Siggy. As said earlier we need more then two strikers so Siggy or Barrow or Routs could also move into a 442 if we needed them.
Borja or Llorente? on 04:39 - Oct 25 with 773 viewsSwansNZ

Borja or Llorente? on 15:35 - Oct 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

All I remember seeing from Leon on Saturday were cynical fouls from behind after the play had passed him by. I dislike and do not rate Jack Cork just like every other knowledgeable Swans fan but I was wishing he was playing instead of Leon as at least he'd have added to our attacking threat and has the physical attributes to catch up with play instead of having to foul to get back into position.

Is there any Swans player your DwightYorke character actaully likes or rates?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Borja or Llorente? on 08:55 - Oct 25 with 736 viewsairedale

Be interesting to see what Bob does the next 2 games, bearing in mind that he fielded a defensively strong team last Sat. First an on-form Stoke away, then a mahoosive world famous side at home. Can anyone see him fielding the two Spanish guys together up front in either of these games?
Borja or Llorente? on 09:05 - Oct 25 with 734 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Borja or Llorente? on 08:55 - Oct 25 by airedale

Be interesting to see what Bob does the next 2 games, bearing in mind that he fielded a defensively strong team last Sat. First an on-form Stoke away, then a mahoosive world famous side at home. Can anyone see him fielding the two Spanish guys together up front in either of these games?

I can't see it happening, but i think there is a case for it against Stoke especially. They were really struggling to get to grips(pun intended), with the new rules around grappling in the box and to have llorente as the target man and borja providing the movement around him i think it would cause them real problems.

A flat 442 in that sense could be useful, but in recent games where Stoke have picked up some form they have packed their midfield so i can see the dreaded diamond being used for the next game to close the space of Joe, Bojan, Shaqiri and Arnautivic cutting inside down.
Borja or Llorente? on 09:28 - Oct 25 with 719 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Borja or Llorente? on 04:39 - Oct 25 by SwansNZ

Is there any Swans player your DwightYorke character actaully likes or rates?

I think Borja and Gylfi are good players.

Excluding Gylfi I believe every position in our starting 11 is occupied by somebody less talented than we have sold or released recently. Our entire squad has considerably declined in ability over the past four seasons.

We have spent huge sums on players, paid huge wages and each window our squad becomes weaker. It is wrong. I'm not going to lie or live in a dream world where I state anything but.

Borja or Llorente? on 09:28 - Oct 25 with 720 viewsjack247

Borja or Llorente? on 08:55 - Oct 25 by airedale

I don't think he will, but it wouldn't be a massive surprise either. There is a case for it, I think he is going to concentrate on not conceding first and foremost. 2 up front wouldn't do that unless we play 352, which would be a new playing style and would mean dropping Barrow.

I think it will be the same set up (maybe not personnel) as Saturday.
Borja or Llorente? on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 696 viewsjasper_T

Borja or Llorente? on 09:28 - Oct 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think Borja and Gylfi are good players.

Excluding Gylfi I believe every position in our starting 11 is occupied by somebody less talented than we have sold or released recently. Our entire squad has considerably declined in ability over the past four seasons.

We have spent huge sums on players, paid huge wages and each window our squad becomes weaker. It is wrong. I'm not going to lie or live in a dream world where I state anything but.

You think Vorm was better than Fabianski?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024