Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well did I have a pleasant 11:05 - Sep 22 with 3609 viewsDafyddHuw

surprise last night. Went along expecting to see the same old shower of shit, and there were Swans players actually passing to each other and even on occasion keeping possesion. Why oh why can't we play like that every week?

And van der Hoorn! Class. Not a ball-playing CB unfortunately, and hoofs the ball away all the time to the opposition, but that can be trained out of hin.

How about a back four of Amat, vdH, Mawson, Fernandez? (cos our LB, RB aren't very good)?
Wouls defo be a step up from our present back 4.

And we didn't set out to not lose! If we play like that for the rest of the season, we'll be more than fine.
Not all perfect, obviously. Still takes us half an hour to get the ball from defence to attack, and Gylfi comes on and gets put on the wing!

But all in all very easy on the eye compared to the dross we've had to watch so far this season. Totally different team.

Btw, tthat 19 year old (no 75) for Citeh!!! We just saw a world class player in the making.
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 3175 viewsDarran

A back four of what?

F*ck my eyes Daf.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 3170 viewsTom1912

I can't tell if this post is sarcastic?

Literally everything in it is just wrong or bizarre....
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:13 - Sep 22 with 3160 viewsDafyddHuw

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:10 - Sep 22 by Tom1912

I can't tell if this post is sarcastic?

Literally everything in it is just wrong or bizarre....

explain
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:21 - Sep 22 with 3122 viewsTom1912

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:13 - Sep 22 by DafyddHuw

explain

The only pleasant surprise was City not hammering us.

Easy on the eye? It was like a slow paced training game, neither team were up for it. We didn't do too badly but it wasn't exactly an enthralling contest.

As for not setting up to lose, we didn't exactly set up to win with 3 defensive midfielders and a full back in midfield. And when we needed to score Barrow came on about 15 minutes too late.

I don't even know where to start with suggesting we play 4 centre backs...

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be fine? For the majority of the game we only looked like scoring when the Man City back 4/goalkeeper made horrendous mistakes passing the ball about.

Putting Gylfi on the wing was daft though, I'll give you that. Should have come on for Fulton.

I also thought VDH's passing was fine and he was only hoofing it when he needed to, a lot of the time he was trying to pick out Baston or a winger. I guess that depends on your viewpoint though
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:28 - Sep 22 with 3089 viewsDafyddHuw

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:21 - Sep 22 by Tom1912

Easy on the eye? It was like a slow paced training game, neither team were up for it. We didn't do too badly but it wasn't exactly an enthralling contest.

As for not setting up to lose, we didn't exactly set up to win with 3 defensive midfielders and a full back in midfield. And when we needed to score Barrow came on about 15 minutes too late.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be fine? For the majority of the game we only looked like scoring when the Man City back 4/goalkeeper made horrendous mistakes passing the ball about.

Putting Gylfi on the wing was daft though, I'll give you that. Should have come on for Fulton.

I also thought VDH's passing was fine and he was only hoofing it when he needed to, a lot of the time he was trying to pick out Baston or a winger. I guess that depends on your viewpoint though

I never suggested playing 4 CBs. I said we should play Amat instead of Taylor and FFinstead of Naughton. Amat has played LB before and would be a step up from Taylor who's been poor since the strt of the season. And Naughton is just gash.

And no, we havedn't turned into world beaters overnight, but if you couldn't see the improvement in performance from the other games we;ve played this season, then you must be some sort of misanthrope.
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 3081 viewsTom1912

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:28 - Sep 22 by DafyddHuw

I never suggested playing 4 CBs. I said we should play Amat instead of Taylor and FFinstead of Naughton. Amat has played LB before and would be a step up from Taylor who's been poor since the strt of the season. And Naughton is just gash.

And no, we havedn't turned into world beaters overnight, but if you couldn't see the improvement in performance from the other games we;ve played this season, then you must be some sort of misanthrope.

"I never suggested playing 4 CBs. I said we should play Amat instead of Taylor and FF instead of Naughton"

Errrrrr
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 3051 viewsAngelRangelQS

Spot on
Well did I have a pleasant on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 3051 viewsDafyddHuw

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:31 - Sep 22 by Tom1912

"I never suggested playing 4 CBs. I said we should play Amat instead of Taylor and FF instead of Naughton"

Errrrrr

OK. The English language is obviously a step too far for you. Sorry.
Login to get fewer ads

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:39 - Sep 22 with 3023 viewsJonTheJack

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:35 - Sep 22 by DafyddHuw

That definitely reads as you saying you want 4 CBs playing.
Well did I have a pleasant on 12:10 - Sep 22 with 2929 viewsshandyjack

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:35 - Sep 22 by DafyddHuw

nope it reads as playing 4 ch's on the pitch at the same time

Poll: Expectation for the season

Well did I have a pleasant on 12:50 - Sep 22 with 2797 viewsLeonisGod

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:31 - Sep 22 by Tom1912

Errrrrr

Innit. Someone's been on the lunchtime gin.
Well did I have a pleasant on 13:15 - Sep 22 with 2699 viewsSgorioFruit

All i care about is hoping Neil Taylor doesn't put on a swan shirt again.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 13:15]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Well did I have a pleasant on 13:47 - Sep 22 with 2609 viewskarnataka

"I also thought VDH's passing was fine and he was only hoofing it when he needed to, a lot of the time he was trying to pick out Baston or a winger. I guess that depends on your viewpoint though"

Agree with this sentence. Mike has a very nicely weighted chipped forward pass in his toolbox which is pretty accurate most of the time but is best used to a forward with his back to goal to hold up which is more Llorente than Borja who probably prefers the ball in front of him tbh although over the top of an opposition fullback for someone like Mo to run onto would also be useful. If you look at the player voting on the right of this page, interesting to see Mike getting the vote as MOM. Would suggest that many would prefer to see him start on Saturday instead of FF. I know I would and I think Jordi Amat would too.
Well did I have a pleasant on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 2544 viewsraynor94

Well did I have a pleasant on 11:28 - Sep 22 by DafyddHuw

Yes you did suggest playing 4 CBs

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 2527 viewsDyfnant

Well did I have a pleasant on 13:15 - Sep 22 by SgorioFruit

All i care about is hoping Neil Taylor doesn't put on a swan shirt again.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2016 13:15]

Your having a laugh

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:22 - Sep 22 with 2506 viewsLeonisGod

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:14 - Sep 22 by Dyfnant

Your having a laugh

Sadly it doesn't look like it. This is what we've descended to. We've got a small enough squad of experienced players as it is, yet I'm sure some would rather see players like ki, tayls, Fed not play again rather than be used sensibly to help the team.
Well did I have a pleasant on 14:42 - Sep 22 with 2460 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Tony Pulis has hacked Daf's account.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:48 - Sep 22 with 2436 viewsmonmouth

I thought it was irony until I got two thirds in. made me smile though Daf. Ta.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:49 - Sep 22 with 2425 viewsDafyddHuw

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:48 - Sep 22 by monmouth

I thought it was irony until I got two thirds in. made me smile though Daf. Ta.

You're always very welocome Mony
Well did I have a pleasant on 15:03 - Sep 22 with 2385 viewswhiterock

I wouldn't have brought Barrow on at all, I hear Montero is carrying a knock so we only have one flyer, Saturday is far more important
Well did I have a pleasant on 15:19 - Sep 22 with 2328 viewsFatherJack

Well did I have a pleasant on 14:12 - Sep 22 by raynor94

Yes you did suggest playing 4 CBs

Erm... you know the way Ben Davies plays LB for his club, but CB for Wales... or the way Ki is a midfielder but once played CB for us in a quite important game? Well, Amat could (theoretically) play at left back. Not that I agree with it mind, just saying.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Well did I have a pleasant on 15:22 - Sep 22 with 2311 viewsDafyddHuw

Well did I have a pleasant on 15:19 - Sep 22 by FatherJack

Erm... you know the way Ben Davies plays LB for his club, but CB for Wales... or the way Ki is a midfielder but once played CB for us in a quite important game? Well, Amat could (theoretically) play at left back. Not that I agree with it mind, just saying.

Don't bother, Fath.It's obviously far too complicated for most.
Well did I have a pleasant on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 2289 viewsraynor94

Well did I have a pleasant on 15:19 - Sep 22 by FatherJack

Of course they theoretically can play full back, but what a daft suggestion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Well did I have a pleasant on 15:55 - Sep 22 with 2241 viewsymaohyd

I'm sorry but anyone who puts emphasis on last night's game as far as comparing it to the big picture of the league and in particular Saturdays game is clueless.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Well did I have a pleasant on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 2103 viewsOldjack

I wish Leon was ten years younger he was very good last night ,Taylor was awful ,that dutch boy was solid but needs to learn on how to pass ,Routs kept on trying to pass the ball with the outside of the boot,and kept on fuking it up ffs ,you'd think he'd have learnt by now there's a time and place for that ,we created just about jack shyte as per
OVERHAUL 5/10

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024