Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... 18:05 - Sep 24 with 12192 viewsImAlrightJack

Is it just me?. Everyone on the roads is so aggressive, everyone thinks they're more important than everyone else, and are in more of a rush than everyone else, it just terrifies me.

Are they purposely trying to intimidate people or what?. I had a white van right up behind me today, "encouraging" me to get out of his way, drivers keeping close behind me too much for comfort while behind lights, only for me to move forward to create a gap, then they edge forward every time also!, then there's people pulling out of junctions, as they can't be bothered waiting for a space so pull halfway across the road, blocking the traffic but they're far more important than everyone else, people who drive down bus lanes then push in at the front because they're more important than everyone else, young lads tear-arse around the streets thinking they're invincible.

I'm not at the stage yet where I'd avoid going out because of it, but I don't think it will be long. I've been driving 4 years now, and I've never felt like this until recently. Is it just me, is it a sign I'm not cut out for it?. If it weren't for the busses here being inadequate, I'd take them, but I feel just as intimidated on those too (maybe I'm getting old instead?).

Tell me I'm not alone!.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 18:06]
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 18:50 - Sep 24 with 10709 viewsNaughty71

You're not alone, I find that many more drivers these days don't drive with any sort of "give and take". It's all me, me, me.

Just today, coming from the Mumbles to the match, doing 40, maintaining a decent gap and some clown races up the outside lane and cuts in front of me with one flash of an indicator. Fair enough, I drop back to give myself room between my car and his and another car does exactly the same. And again, and again. 8 cars in all, forcing me to reduce the safe distance between my self and the car in front to prevent it happening again.

Then, as everyone knows it is match day, you have to get in the left hand lane to go over the bridge by Parc Tawe nice and early, probably by Morgan's hotel. By the time I get to Sainsurys there is a line of ten cars stuck in the third lane for straight on, all indicating left to come into the line of traffic. All of them with a Swans sticker on the back of their car so they know the score, but if you don't let them in, it holds up everyone going out of Swansea. Chancers, the lot of 'em. Boils my piss, and I'm petty laid back when it comes to driving as a rule.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 18:51 - Sep 24 with 10709 viewsItchySphincter

Don't dilly dally, just get on with it. People are cμnts mind.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:09 - Sep 24 with 10670 viewsWingstandwood

You are not alone. I absolutely detest it and I know a good few others that do also. In fact I know a retired (articulated lorry) HGV driver of 40+ years who now absolutely hates it to the point where he will only take his car out of sheer necessity. I'm talking about a superbly skilled and experienced driver/individual here. I guess society has changed?

I'm a powerfully built ruffy-tuffy council estate/construction industry type but I'm now on edge myself having witnessed two road-rage incidents involving other individuals within the last year. I watched out of the vehicle on the verge of violence stuff for absolutely trivial nothingness in the wider scheme of things. And believe me when you witness these type of incidents they look absolutely f#cking pathetic to the passer-by.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 19:11]

Argus!

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:15 - Sep 24 with 10644 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Cheap petrol prices encourage the riff raff

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:15 - Sep 24 with 10643 viewsshimmie

judging by your football related posts it just sounds like you don't cope with life/pressure very well.
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:19 - Sep 24 with 10624 viewsJack_Meoff

It's alright mate. We're just being farmed like chattel/cattle. We simply must commute to 'work' all at the same time to put imaginary figures on an imaginary screen; said figures are then converted into very real bombs to kill people abroad for monetary gain. That kind of knowledge would drive anyone a bit insane...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:26 - Sep 24 with 10601 viewsWingstandwood

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:19 - Sep 24 by Jack_Meoff

It's alright mate. We're just being farmed like chattel/cattle. We simply must commute to 'work' all at the same time to put imaginary figures on an imaginary screen; said figures are then converted into very real bombs to kill people abroad for monetary gain. That kind of knowledge would drive anyone a bit insane...

This country once had a pretty decent transport system compared to what it has now, in fact it's so cr#p now it might as well have been bombed. The damage a government can cause in many ways.

Argus!

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:34 - Sep 24 with 10572 viewsJack_Meoff

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:26 - Sep 24 by Wingstandwood

This country once had a pretty decent transport system compared to what it has now, in fact it's so cr#p now it might as well have been bombed. The damage a government can cause in many ways.

but we need government to stop people robbing and subjugating us. We even get to participate in the illusion of choice to pick which treasonous b*stards get to legally rob and subjugate us. I love de mock racy.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:41 - Sep 24 with 10550 viewsMillJack

Imagine how cyclists feel!
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:43 - Sep 24 with 10546 viewslifelong

Lots of 20 mph speed restrictions in the vicinity of schools these days, hardly anyone takes any notice of them, if you do you're guaranteed to have some bozo up your rear end looking to overtake.
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:44 - Sep 24 with 10539 viewsDarran

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:41 - Sep 24 by MillJack

Imagine how cyclists feel!

Too many cyclists bring on their own trouble.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:46 - Sep 24 with 10521 viewsJackfath

Some get very wound up from behind the wheel. Gesticulating and offering people out. They soon shut up when challenged.

I suggest relaxing when driving and it becomes an enoyable pasttime.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:28 - Sep 24 with 10448 viewsJack_Meoff

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:46 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Some get very wound up from behind the wheel. Gesticulating and offering people out. They soon shut up when challenged.

I suggest relaxing when driving and it becomes an enoyable pasttime.

Podcasts are a nice way of relaxing whilst driving. If one has Bluetooth. Rich Roll and the Higherside Chats (for example) have definitely stopped me from leaving my vehicle and assaulting a fellow motorist.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:37 - Sep 24 with 10415 viewsLeonisGod

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:28 - Sep 24 by Jack_Meoff

Podcasts are a nice way of relaxing whilst driving. If one has Bluetooth. Rich Roll and the Higherside Chats (for example) have definitely stopped me from leaving my vehicle and assaulting a fellow motorist.

Rich Roll podcast is very good
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:40 - Sep 24 with 10415 viewsJackfath

What or who is Rich Roll?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:44 - Sep 24 with 10397 viewsbuilthjack

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 18:50 - Sep 24 by Naughty71

You're not alone, I find that many more drivers these days don't drive with any sort of "give and take". It's all me, me, me.

Just today, coming from the Mumbles to the match, doing 40, maintaining a decent gap and some clown races up the outside lane and cuts in front of me with one flash of an indicator. Fair enough, I drop back to give myself room between my car and his and another car does exactly the same. And again, and again. 8 cars in all, forcing me to reduce the safe distance between my self and the car in front to prevent it happening again.

Then, as everyone knows it is match day, you have to get in the left hand lane to go over the bridge by Parc Tawe nice and early, probably by Morgan's hotel. By the time I get to Sainsurys there is a line of ten cars stuck in the third lane for straight on, all indicating left to come into the line of traffic. All of them with a Swans sticker on the back of their car so they know the score, but if you don't let them in, it holds up everyone going out of Swansea. Chancers, the lot of 'em. Boils my piss, and I'm petty laid back when it comes to driving as a rule.

Didn't you realise that the ten cars were the players?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:48 - Sep 24 with 10390 viewsDarran

Tell you what f*cks me off is when you drive towards the roundabout to turn left towards Bonymaen and right towards St Thomas,there's two giant arrows painted on the road to tell you what lane you should be in and the dopey c*nts still get it wrong.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:56 - Sep 24 with 10365 viewsJack_Meoff

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:40 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

What or who is Rich Roll?

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/neal-barnard/

Vegan ultra athlete. His podcast is a great listen. What these two don't know about nutrition and diet probably isn't worth knowing.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 20:58]

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:59 - Sep 24 with 10349 viewsJackfath

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:56 - Sep 24 by Jack_Meoff

http://www.richroll.com/podcast/neal-barnard/

Vegan ultra athlete. His podcast is a great listen. What these two don't know about nutrition and diet probably isn't worth knowing.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 20:58]

Thank you. Now podcast. How does one get to listen to one of those?

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:05 - Sep 24 with 10335 viewssherpajacob

Audiobooks,. I prefer my journey to take longer so I can listen to more of my audio book.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:05 - Sep 24 with 10335 viewsMillJack

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:44 - Sep 24 by Darran

Too many cyclists bring on their own trouble.

I wouldn't disagree but at least you have some protection in a car. Having a van driving 5 foot behind your rear wheel isn't a lot of fun on a busy road trust me.
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:06 - Sep 24 with 10330 viewsJack_Meoff

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:59 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Thank you. Now podcast. How does one get to listen to one of those?

If one has an apple device one just searches via the podcast app. If android, one uses Podcast Addict or similar.

Seriously though, they can be a great listen, and Rich Roll is one of my faves for what it's worth.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:09 - Sep 24 with 10321 viewsDarran

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:05 - Sep 24 by MillJack

I wouldn't disagree but at least you have some protection in a car. Having a van driving 5 foot behind your rear wheel isn't a lot of fun on a busy road trust me.

Fair point.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 10303 viewsJack_Meoff

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:05 - Sep 24 by sherpajacob

Audiobooks,. I prefer my journey to take longer so I can listen to more of my audio book.

You use audible or similar mate?

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 21:19 - Sep 24 with 10296 viewsJackfath

Audiobooks are expensive.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024