Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... 18:05 - Sep 24 with 11767 viewsImAlrightJack

Is it just me?. Everyone on the roads is so aggressive, everyone thinks they're more important than everyone else, and are in more of a rush than everyone else, it just terrifies me.

Are they purposely trying to intimidate people or what?. I had a white van right up behind me today, "encouraging" me to get out of his way, drivers keeping close behind me too much for comfort while behind lights, only for me to move forward to create a gap, then they edge forward every time also!, then there's people pulling out of junctions, as they can't be bothered waiting for a space so pull halfway across the road, blocking the traffic but they're far more important than everyone else, people who drive down bus lanes then push in at the front because they're more important than everyone else, young lads tear-arse around the streets thinking they're invincible.

I'm not at the stage yet where I'd avoid going out because of it, but I don't think it will be long. I've been driving 4 years now, and I've never felt like this until recently. Is it just me, is it a sign I'm not cut out for it?. If it weren't for the busses here being inadequate, I'd take them, but I feel just as intimidated on those too (maybe I'm getting old instead?).

Tell me I'm not alone!.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 18:06]
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 07:21 - Sep 25 with 1471 viewswaynekerr55

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:40 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

What or who is Rich Roll?

The half brother of Swiss

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 07:24 - Sep 25 with 1471 viewswaynekerr55

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:48 - Sep 24 by Darran

Tell you what f*cks me off is when you drive towards the roundabout to turn left towards Bonymaen and right towards St Thomas,there's two giant arrows painted on the road to tell you what lane you should be in and the dopey c*nts still get it wrong.

The same up here Daz. The A41 going towards junction 19 by Asda and Sainsburys people always try to cut across from the outside lane even though there's arrows. CŪNTS!

Although to the OP there's some roads you have to edge out to get out or you'll never get out.

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 12:32 - Sep 25 with 1384 viewsWxmJax

Greater Manchester have the worst drivers that I've encountered.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 12:41 - Sep 25 with 1377 viewsDyfnant

Too many hesitant nervous drivers about, waiting for invites to get onto roundabouts or out at junctions. Then we end up with traffic lights everywhere and those hideous barriers on those roundabouts in llansamlet

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 12:58 - Sep 25 with 1370 viewsexiledclaseboy

I hate driving. Luckily the mrs loves it so she drives everywhere when we're out and about.

Poll: Tory leader

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 16:55 - Sep 25 with 1312 viewswaynekerr55

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 12:41 - Sep 25 by Dyfnant

Too many hesitant nervous drivers about, waiting for invites to get onto roundabouts or out at junctions. Then we end up with traffic lights everywhere and those hideous barriers on those roundabouts in llansamlet

And by the gate house in Cwmbwrla....

What the fúck are they all about?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 21:33]

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 20:58 - Sep 25 with 1255 viewsjack_lord

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:46 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Some get very wound up from behind the wheel. Gesticulating and offering people out. They soon shut up when challenged.

I suggest relaxing when driving and it becomes an enoyable pasttime.

I was offered out by someone who had road rage after they had been in the wrong lane in Newport centre. At the traffic lights, got out of their car storming up to me shouting and gesticulating as I had not given way.

I opened my door and told her if she wanted to live long enough to get back to her car she better start running.

It was quite surreal.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 10:30 - Sep 26 with 1176 viewsCatullus

I was at MacArthur Glenn Saturday morning. A driver indicated right and just went though it was my right of way. I just accelerated and made him stop. Cue horns and swearing.
If I'd done the same to him, that'd be wrong too. It's not just driving, it's what society has become. Far too many are greedy, selfish, ignorant, self obsessed.........add any other traits you like.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 13:13 - Sep 26 with 1145 viewsdickythorpe

We've all got to work together these days. Yes there are laws but so many are unaware. Be calm, patient and driving is a nice experience.
When you've been in an accident you chill out believe me!
I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 15:10 - Sep 26 with 1118 viewsperchrockjack

The bigger the car ,the bigger the dickhead.

People are driving vehicles as a penis extension without the necessary skills to drive a high powered vehicle.

Telling a guy he can't really drive is worse than saying he is short of phallic length

I've trained many plod on standard driving courses.

When they first get behind the wheel, they re asked to simply drive, then I'd assess.

To be told their observation, hazard perception and vehicle control was shyte was a hammer blow. Trust me, I've brought men to virtual tears . It's then that driving training begins. It's starts from the beginning.

Bikes ... Even more dismantling of perceived skills.

Bottom line, a vehicle isn't a sacrosanct steel cage

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 15:16 - Sep 26 with 1112 viewsphact0rri

I've never liked driving... but these days, I take the train to work. Pretty much the only time my car gets use is for the grocer's and evenings out past metro operations.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 18:15 - Sep 26 with 1079 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I have decided that I don't like driving anymore.... on 19:26 - Sep 24 by Wingstandwood

This country once had a pretty decent transport system compared to what it has now, in fact it's so cr#p now it might as well have been bombed. The damage a government can cause in many ways.

Wel that's privatisation for you. Bluey the true blue will be along any minute now to tell us the trains were worse under British rail. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024