Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack cork 18:37 - Sep 24 with 4944 viewsangryjack

Just not good enough constantly gives ball away,loses his concentration let's his runners pass him all time too slow in decision making can't pass ball forward always sideways or back.....rangel had a right go at him second half for losing his man and they nearly scored..just runs Around like a headless chicken
Jack cork on 18:39 - Sep 24 with 2677 viewsGowerjack

Did make a few unfoced errors today but still better than Ki.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jack cork on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 2648 viewsangryjack

Jack cork on 18:39 - Sep 24 by Gowerjack

both not good enough,and it wasnt just today..
Jack cork on 18:44 - Sep 24 with 2638 viewsmonmouth

Jack cork on 18:39 - Sep 24 by Gowerjack

He really wasn't. He was total clunge.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jack cork on 18:46 - Sep 24 with 2620 viewsLeonisGod

Agree. I've been a Jack fan and thought he can take over from Leon. But as a box-to-box midfielder he's nowhere near good enough. And now Leon's back, it's clear he's still second best there too. We don't have the quality to plat two central midfielders ahead of Leon. Fer is fine. But then we struggle. Siggy back in the middle and Montero on the left for me.
Jack cork on 18:47 - Sep 24 with 2616 viewsGeoffThom

I've said it for a while he's very poor, if he was that good Southampton would have kept him
Jack cork on 18:49 - Sep 24 with 2607 viewsjack247

Poor game, though we did need his positional sense when they were counter attacking at speed and in numbers. We could have played Ki, who is better on the ball, or one of the wingers. Would have had more influence going forward, but they would have found it easier to cut through us. Hobson's choice.
Jack cork on 18:59 - Sep 24 with 2566 viewsangryjack

Jack cork on 18:49 - Sep 24 by jack247

Poor game, though we did need his positional sense when they were counter attacking at speed and in numbers. We could have played Ki, who is better on the ball, or one of the wingers. Would have had more influence going forward, but they would have found it easier to cut through us. Hobson's choice.

positional sense dont make me laugh constantly out positiopn looked lost
Jack cork on 19:01 - Sep 24 with 2543 viewsDr_Winston

Whilst the hyperbolic element of our support will try to paint Cork as a bad player, in truth he's been a more than decent acquisition, especially for that price.

He's having a stinker of a season so far though and no mistake.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack cork on 19:04 - Sep 24 with 2515 viewsjack247

Jack cork on 18:59 - Sep 24 by angryjack

positional sense dont make me laugh constantly out positiopn looked lost

He looked out of position, as our other midfielders did, because City break so incisively at speed in numbers and all their attacking players are capable of beating a man and dragging a defender out of position. His problem is he isn't that composed on the ball.
Jack cork on 19:05 - Sep 24 with 2500 viewsshimmie

Jack cork on 19:01 - Sep 24 by Dr_Winston

Whilst the hyperbolic element of our support will try to paint Cork as a bad player, in truth he's been a more than decent acquisition, especially for that price.

That's pretty much it. Decent player playing poorly. Thought he was the most anonymous of all anonymous players against Southampton. Only noticed he was on the pitch when he was going off.
Jack cork on 19:07 - Sep 24 with 2486 viewsunion_jack

Jack cork on 19:04 - Sep 24 by jack247

He looked out of position, as our other midfielders did, because City break so incisively at speed in numbers and all their attacking players are capable of beating a man and dragging a defender out of position. His problem is he isn't that composed on the ball.

At speed? You can say that again.

There were times today when I genuinely thought my stream was on fast forward to catch up!! All that and controlling the ball as well.
'
I suppose that's what oil money buys you. No fun though is it?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jack cork on 19:07 - Sep 24 with 2484 viewsangryjack

Jack cork on 19:04 - Sep 24 by jack247

all season mate not just today
Jack cork on 19:09 - Sep 24 with 2461 viewsangryjack

Jack cork on 19:01 - Sep 24 by Dr_Winston

there a reason he was that price.southampton wouldnt have shipped him out at that price if he was worth more,not good enough imo
Jack cork on 19:10 - Sep 24 with 2441 viewsjack247

Jack cork on 19:07 - Sep 24 by angryjack

all season mate not just today

He has had a poor start to the season no doubt, I wouldn't have started him today.

He is an out and out defensive midfielder. Knows where to be, good at breaking up attacks, closing down and giving simple balls. Ask him to do any more than that though and he struggles. We played like the old Swansea in patches today and he just isn't suited to that.
Jack cork on 19:21 - Sep 24 with 2380 viewsicecoldjack

Have to agree with the OP. I mentioned the same on another thread, he falls short when trying to play the "swansea way" almost like his brain isn't quite quick enough to play that type of game.

People may not like Fer, but he has far more in his locker this season than either Jack or Ki and offers a physical presence that helps us out .

Jack cork is a decent footballer but sums up exactly where we have gone wrong the past 2 yrs, a steady eddy that does most things decent but not one thing extremely well.
Laudrup called it right with Ki who is in a similar mould, i know its done and dusted but Joe Allen is a Swans type player and would have loved that game today,right up his alley.

I like Cork though, but unless you have an inside track on a player like Laudrup did you often get what you pay for in this league.

A word about Naughton. I thought the last few games he has tried hard and has offered more than most in trying to do the right thing, he has it in him to play our type of game but like with a few others needs to work on the finer points of playing our type of game
Jack cork on 19:27 - Sep 24 with 2346 viewsnyc_swans

opinion of cork seems to change so rapidly it's hard to keep up.

he's a solid player, not a game changer, but steady and a quality squad player. he shouldn't be an auto-start every week. i don't know what he's done to retain his place these last few weeks. leon-fer-siggy next week.
Jack cork on 19:29 - Sep 24 with 2313 viewsLeonisGod

He needs to play as the deepest holing midfielder or not at all. End of. Shouldn't be anywhere near our attacks.
Jack cork on 19:30 - Sep 24 with 2295 viewsDr_Winston

Jack cork on 19:09 - Sep 24 by angryjack

there a reason he was that price.southampton wouldnt have shipped him out at that price if he was worth more,not good enough imo

So did we sign Rangel for £15,000 because he was a bad player? How about Michu for £2m?

Did we spend £8m on Fernandez because he was awesome?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack cork on 19:33 - Sep 24 with 2265 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Jack cork on 19:29 - Sep 24 by LeonisGod

He needs to play as the deepest holing midfielder or not at all. End of. Shouldn't be anywhere near our attacks.

Yep. A bit like Taylor and defending. Keep Taylor in his little left-back box in that part of our final third and he's passable. Keep Cork in the centre of our midfield in front of our penalty area and he's passable.

Take either of those players out of their safe zones for any length of time and they're flapping like a fish out of water.

Cork was furthest man forward on a number of occasions today - a total waste of eveyones time; surely Fer should have been the furthest of the two of them. As much as FG deserves praise for the way he set the team up today, playing Cork further up the pitch than Fer seems a little odd.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Jack cork on 19:36 - Sep 24 with 2243 viewsjack247

Jack cork on 19:21 - Sep 24 by icecoldjack

Have to agree with the OP. I mentioned the same on another thread, he falls short when trying to play the "swansea way" almost like his brain isn't quite quick enough to play that type of game.

People may not like Fer, but he has far more in his locker this season than either Jack or Ki and offers a physical presence that helps us out .

Jack cork is a decent footballer but sums up exactly where we have gone wrong the past 2 yrs, a steady eddy that does most things decent but not one thing extremely well.
Laudrup called it right with Ki who is in a similar mould, i know its done and dusted but Joe Allen is a Swans type player and would have loved that game today,right up his alley.

I like Cork though, but unless you have an inside track on a player like Laudrup did you often get what you pay for in this league.

A word about Naughton. I thought the last few games he has tried hard and has offered more than most in trying to do the right thing, he has it in him to play our type of game but like with a few others needs to work on the finer points of playing our type of game

That's about it, he isn't suited to playing short, crisp passes and then moving into space. He is too ponderous for it. Unfortunately, too many of our players are.

If we want to play more pragmatic football, as we have been in the main for 18 months or so, then Cork is a very good player.
Jack cork on 19:38 - Sep 24 with 2209 viewskarnataka

Jack cork on 19:10 - Sep 24 by jack247

He has had a poor start to the season no doubt, I wouldn't have started him today.

He is an out and out defensive midfielder. Knows where to be, good at breaking up attacks, closing down and giving simple balls. Ask him to do any more than that though and he struggles. We played like the old Swansea in patches today and he just isn't suited to that.

Absolutely. When we play quick possession stuff, he's not quick enough in thought. To play like the old Swansea, you need to have a pass in mind before the ball reaches you and he doesn't seem to be at that level.
Jack cork on 19:50 - Sep 24 with 2141 viewsJackBaston

I'd say he was good at covering positions when Naughton and Rangel pushed forward etc
but his passing has been piss poor for most of this season
Ki i would say was better than him today and thats saying something
Jack cork on 20:00 - Sep 24 with 2079 viewsmahoss

Jack cork on 19:50 - Sep 24 by JackBaston

I'd say he was good at covering positions when Naughton and Rangel pushed forward etc
but his passing has been piss poor for most of this season
Ki i would say was better than him today and thats saying something

I've watched him last few weeks,he's not quick enough in thought or possession,needs 3 touches whenever he gets a pass,not a player that suits a quick passing style so not really a Swansea type player.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 20:04]
Jack cork on 20:06 - Sep 24 with 2042 viewsGriffting

One thing is for sure, he should be no where near the attacking third. He just doesn't have the technique/that sort of quality, and people are right to say he's a bit too slow and ponderous on the ball. Saying that, I thought he was very hard done by the ref giving a foul when siggy scored that disallowed goal. So soft. I think he's a decent player in our defensive third infront of the back four though, and I also don't think he was absolutely dreadful today either.
Jack cork on 20:12 - Sep 24 with 2015 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Funny how we perceive how players play, take this
"can't pass ball forward always sideways or back"
When in actual fact in 508 minutes of play this season he has made 205 forward passes out of a total of 321 with an accuracy of 83%.
So that is a forward pass every 2.5 minutes of play.
For comparison purposes only
Leon has made a forward pass every 2.9 minutes of play and
Ki has made a forward pass every 3.2 minutes of play
Fer has made a forward pass every 3.5 minutes of play

But you carry on believing that Cork never passes forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024