Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack cork 18:37 - Sep 24 with 4956 viewsangryjack

Just not good enough constantly gives ball away,loses his concentration let's his runners pass him all time too slow in decision making can't pass ball forward always sideways or back.....rangel had a right go at him second half for losing his man and they nearly scored..just runs Around like a headless chicken
Jack cork on 20:16 - Sep 24 with 996 viewsDarran

I couldn't give a f*ck which way Cork passes he has to play better than he played today and that's a FACT.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack cork on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 989 viewsJonTheJack

Been saying since last season that Cork is a major problem for us in that he either needs to stay right in front of the back two, or he's on the bench ready to shore things up later on in the game. He is far too slow in everything he does.

It's painful to watch our attacks with him so high up because he is a right Buzz Killington.

What's more baffling is he is our captain. Virtually undroppable now.
Jack cork on 20:24 - Sep 24 with 975 viewsFlashberryjack

Wayne Routledge (outside of the boot )anywhere) how the f*ck is he anywhere near the starting line up, Cork is twice the player.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jack cork on 20:24 - Sep 24 with 975 viewsstid

Being asked to do a job he simply wasn't bought in to do. Just like Ki. No room in the middle of field and nothing out wide. Ki Cork Jeff Sig Mo Baston and we will start winning games.
Jack cork on 20:29 - Sep 24 with 959 viewsjack247

Jack cork on 20:12 - Sep 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Funny how we perceive how players play, take this
"can't pass ball forward always sideways or back"
When in actual fact in 508 minutes of play this season he has made 205 forward passes out of a total of 321 with an accuracy of 83%.
So that is a forward pass every 2.5 minutes of play.
For comparison purposes only
Leon has made a forward pass every 2.9 minutes of play and
Ki has made a forward pass every 3.2 minutes of play
Fer has made a forward pass every 3.5 minutes of play

But you carry on believing that Cork never passes forward.

Wouldn't you expect the midfielder who usually plays the deepest to have the most forward passes?
Jack cork on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 941 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

When in actual fact in 508 minutes of play this season he has made 205 forward passes out of a total of 321 with an accuracy of 83%.

What are Fabianski's stats?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Jack cork on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 936 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jack cork on 20:29 - Sep 24 by jack247

Wouldn't you expect the midfielder who usually plays the deepest to have the most forward passes?

I was pointing out how Fan's perceptions do not match reality, nothing else.
Jack cork on 20:34 - Sep 24 with 930 viewsLeonisGod

Jack cork on 20:24 - Sep 24 by stid

Being asked to do a job he simply wasn't bought in to do. Just like Ki. No room in the middle of field and nothing out wide. Ki Cork Jeff Sig Mo Baston and we will start winning games.

Yep.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack cork on 20:50 - Sep 24 with 910 viewskarnataka

That may very well all be true and I'm not doubting it for a second but if there were figures for 'how long a player has the ball between receiving it and playing a forward pass' then I don't think Cork would be among the better players and that is the whole point. To play the quick passing triangles we used to, you need to offload the ball quickly, 1 or 2 touches at most, like Leon still does and players like Allen and de Guzman amongst others used to for us. I just don't see Cork doing that as he needs too many touches and while he does pass the ball forwards as those stats clearly show, I'm afraid his first natural instinct on receiving the ball is to turn backwards towards relative safety before assessing his forward options.

When he joined us he was excellent for a considerable time but since around that time, under Monk we abandoned the quick passing football we'd developed since Martinez and were playing at a pace Cork was comfortable with. I'm sure he's got it in him but he'd have to up his game if we ever get back to anything like we were 3-4 years ago.
Jack cork on 20:53 - Sep 24 with 903 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jack cork on 20:31 - Sep 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

What are Fabianski's stats?

He saves more than he lets in.
Jack cork on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 871 viewspencoedjack

Now FF has been dropped I fear Jack is the new scapegoat

Decent performance IMO ...
Jack cork on 21:19 - Sep 24 with 861 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jack cork on 21:16 - Sep 24 by pencoedjack

Now FF has been dropped I fear Jack is the new scapegoat

Decent performance IMO ...

The problem is he is not Leon Britton and never can be.
It doesn't matter that he works is b*lls off for the team, he is just not good enough.
Of course to get what they want you are probably talking 3 or 4 times what he cost us.
Jack cork on 21:28 - Sep 24 with 848 viewspencoedjack

Jack cork on 21:19 - Sep 24 by A_Fans_Dad

The problem is he is not Leon Britton and never can be.
It doesn't matter that he works is b*lls off for the team, he is just not good enough.
Of course to get what they want you are probably talking 3 or 4 times what he cost us.

I'm not knocking Leon performance today but the 3rd goal started from him losing the ball

Jack Cork would of shot with the ball dropping down to him on the edge of the box

Just saying
Jack cork on 21:34 - Sep 24 with 832 viewsmonmouth

Jack cork on 21:28 - Sep 24 by pencoedjack

I'm not knocking Leon performance today but the 3rd goal started from him losing the ball

Jack Cork would of shot with the ball dropping down to him on the edge of the box

Just saying

Mate, I quite like Cork and think he offers something, backed him for captain at the start of the season, but he was absolutely garbage today. If I'm being kind, lost in losing circumstances in a position he just cant play.

Edit people have bad games. He had one.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 21:35]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

jack cork on 21:36 - Sep 24 with 821 viewsFlashberryjack

Jack cork on 18:43 - Sep 24 by angryjack

both not good enough,and it wasnt just today..

F*CK me!! did you see Routledge today ?now that's what you call not good enough.
Someone needs to rip the outside of his boot off.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jack cork on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 744 viewspencoedjack

Jack cork on 21:34 - Sep 24 by monmouth

Mate, I quite like Cork and think he offers something, backed him for captain at the start of the season, but he was absolutely garbage today. If I'm being kind, lost in losing circumstances in a position he just cant play.

Edit people have bad games. He had one.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 21:35]

Fair enough I respect your opinion personally think cork/Leon as the holding pair is the best we have to offer ... was Leon at fault for their 3rd goal ?

Jack seems to be the new whipping boy now FF has been dropped
N/A. on 21:50 - Sep 24 with 718 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:36]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Jack cork on 21:59 - Sep 24 with 696 viewsmax936

Jack cork on 19:01 - Sep 24 by Dr_Winston

Whilst the hyperbolic element of our support will try to paint Cork as a bad player, in truth he's been a more than decent acquisition, especially for that price.

He's having a stinker of a season so far though and no mistake.

Compared to Ki he's been a World Beater, Cork is far far better his work rate and desire alone tells you that. I used to think a lot of Ki, but I've no guts for him anymore I'd be more than happy to see him gone.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jack cork on 22:03 - Sep 24 with 682 viewspencoedjack

Jack cork on 21:59 - Sep 24 by max936

Compared to Ki he's been a World Beater, Cork is far far better his work rate and desire alone tells you that. I used to think a lot of Ki, but I've no guts for him anymore I'd be more than happy to see him gone.

My thoughts exactly

Very disappointed by Ki
Jack cork on 22:04 - Sep 24 with 677 viewsmonmouth

Jack cork on 21:40 - Sep 24 by pencoedjack

Fair enough I respect your opinion personally think cork/Leon as the holding pair is the best we have to offer ... was Leon at fault for their 3rd goal ?

Jack seems to be the new whipping boy now FF has been dropped

Yeah, Britton should have been taken off on the hour, he'd just about had it by then. Cork might have adapted better if he'd been dropped back then and Ki had come on. Leon was far too slow when that ball came out, you just couldn't lose it there. Jack had done the same three or four times in the centre of the pitch but we managed to cover the breaks those times.

Personally I think Britton should start and Cork should replace him at 45-50-60 when Leon gets cooked. Then they could both give their all, Cork would know and can develop his role, and they can even swap the armband.

Jack cork on 22:11 - Sep 24 with 664 viewsmax936

Jack cork on 22:04 - Sep 24 by monmouth

Yeah, Britton should have been taken off on the hour, he'd just about had it by then. Cork might have adapted better if he'd been dropped back then and Ki had come on. Leon was far too slow when that ball came out, you just couldn't lose it there. Jack had done the same three or four times in the centre of the pitch but we managed to cover the breaks those times.

Personally I think Britton should start and Cork should replace him at 45-50-60 when Leon gets cooked. Then they could both give their all, Cork would know and can develop his role, and they can even swap the armband.

I said it earlier in the week that Cork is to slow in thought or deed plus he gets his feet mixed up, which is a massive shame as the boy works his nuts off and is a tryer, but he'll never be a replacement for Leon not even close he couldn't lace his boots.

Sorry Corkey, but you won't be the first or the last and you'd be first choice ahead of Ki everyday of the week for me anyway.

Jack cork on 22:23 - Sep 24 with 638 viewsmonmouth

Jack cork on 22:11 - Sep 24 by max936

I said it earlier in the week that Cork is to slow in thought or deed plus he gets his feet mixed up, which is a massive shame as the boy works his nuts off and is a tryer, but he'll never be a replacement for Leon not even close he couldn't lace his boots.

Sorry Corkey, but you won't be the first or the last and you'd be first choice ahead of Ki everyday of the week for me anyway.

Ki plays the forward looking role much better than Cork Max, love him, hate him or indifferent to him, he just does. If Cork can't play some kind of shielding or out ball role, then he has no role. I think he can do it, if not in the same way.

Jack cork on 22:25 - Sep 24 with 631 viewsjasper_T

Maybe if he put less effort in making forward runs when no one else seems bothered he wouldn't get so much flak on here.
Jack cork on 22:26 - Sep 24 with 628 viewsmax936

Jack cork on 22:23 - Sep 24 by monmouth

Ki plays the forward looking role much better than Cork Max, love him, hate him or indifferent to him, he just does. If Cork can't play some kind of shielding or out ball role, then he has no role. I think he can do it, if not in the same way.

Different players totally and I shouldn't have compared them sorry, but as players of my team I stand by every word.

Jack cork on 22:32 - Sep 24 with 617 viewsmonmouth

Jack cork on 22:26 - Sep 24 by max936

Different players totally and I shouldn't have compared them sorry, but as players of my team I stand by every word.

I was very surprised to see Ki in the squad today after his performance and shenanigans last week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024