Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get more of a sinking feeling... 19:00 - Sep 24 with 4507 viewsshimmie

thinking of when the day comes when Leon no longer plays for us, more so than when considering my own death.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 23:25 - Sep 24 with 1204 viewsdickythorpe

Showed he still has the skills. Could he become a top level coach
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 01:19 - Sep 25 with 1161 viewsSmellyplumz

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:12 - Sep 24 by Flashberryjack

We don't talk about stuff like that

Why not drag up Arsenal and West Ham whilst your at it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 04:55 - Sep 25 with 1132 viewsjackportis

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:36 - Sep 24 by majorraglan

He is a quality player, he doesn't have the physique others have but he has the technical skills and reads the game very well. I would like to see him kept on at the club as he starts to wind down, he could start to do the academy stuff and if he shows real potential (which I think he will) we should look to send him to other clubs, places like Barcelona, PSG, etc where his development and learning will be assisted and enhanced with a view to one day becoming our gaffer!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 21:59]

Places like Barcelona lol! Maybe spend some time with Alex Ferguson then come back. Fantasist.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 06:48 - Sep 25 with 1114 viewsgiantstoneater

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:55 - Sep 24 by Banosswan

I know it's simple to say, but why can't we coach/find a player to find pockets of space, always available for the ball, who just passes it off to someone in more space.

Is Leon that more intelligent than most players, or is he just more willing to not try the miracle check me out ball?

I think most managers look at him and think size, I seem to remember when he was at his peak and England at the Euros with the commentators moaning that they couldn't string passes together and I was thinking Hodgson should have picked him in the squad but I suppose size/small club syndrome denied him. I still think of him as our most physical player never shirks a challenge and I wish other midfielders would put as much into their game as he does and when he finishes on the pitch there should be a nice spot outside the stadium for him alongside Ivor. I also think that we have missed out a trick and signed Carroll from Spurs a player very similar in style and stature to Leon and still young enough to mould (at least it makes a change from Allen!) but as you say Legend=Leon.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 07:30 - Sep 25 with 1093 viewspencoedjack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:34 - Sep 24 by max936

Really?, which part Leon played a massive part in where we are now, he's evolved with us, probably in the top 5 of our best ever players who have played for us and I 've followed us for over 40 yrs and I've seen Herbie and the like.

Dyer replacing Leon
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 07:36 - Sep 25 with 1091 viewsmonmouth

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 07:30 - Sep 25 by pencoedjack

Dyer replacing Leon

Why not? They're both small mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 14:13 - Sep 25 with 1008 viewsmax936

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:37 - Sep 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Probably the bit about Dyer being Leon's replacement....

Oh aye, Oops

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 15:46 - Sep 25 with 966 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:00 - Sep 24 by A_Fans_Dad

He is very very quick on his feet, I don't mean a fast runner, but nimble in thought and those little movements that make all the difference.
I don't think you can coach that, the player has to have that ability and then you coach them to play football.
It might be possible for someone like Dyer to switch as Leon was also a winger, but they have to already be able to anticipate, think and move quickly.
They do tend to be on the smaller side too.

That's an interesting thought I have never considered. -I can see exactly what you're saying. Never thought Leon would become the type of player he did in the end. He could be our Makelele!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 15:51 - Sep 25 with 963 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Took Martinez to see Leon's potential in the middle after Jackett had him as a sometime winger and right back. It would seem ridiculous now...

I think it's a great post and the kind of blue skies, out the box thinking the club has lost!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 15:51]

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 15:53 - Sep 25 with 954 viewsDr_Winston

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 15:51 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

Took Martinez to see Leon's potential in the middle after Jackett had him as a sometime winger and right back. It would seem ridiculous now...

I think it's a great post and the kind of blue skies, out the box thinking the club has lost!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 15:51]

He came down here as a winger in the first place, and did well there under KJ.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:00 - Sep 25 with 941 viewsNeiltheTaylor

My point being that I seem to remember he wasn't a nailed on starter under Jackett all the time though. One spell out being preceded by a game getting murdered by that lanky ginger kid from Oldham (what happened to him?)

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:05 - Sep 25 with 932 viewsDr_Winston

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:00 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

My point being that I seem to remember he wasn't a nailed on starter under Jackett all the time though. One spell out being preceded by a game getting murdered by that lanky ginger kid from Oldham (what happened to him?)

He was in and out a bit in the basement but was basically ever present after that.

35 appearances in 04/05
47 appearances in 05/06
46 appearances in 06/07

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:09 - Sep 25 with 921 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I do him a disservice - I thought Forbes kept him out more than that!

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:14 - Sep 25 with 911 viewsDr_Winston

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:09 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

I do him a disservice - I thought Forbes kept him out more than that!

That's OK. Lots of people do KJ a disservice.

From memory a lot of people at the time thought Kenny saw him as a bit lightweight for the battles in that division and Leon was considering moving on until he made the right flank his own the following season. The stats I kept myself that year have him on five goals and twelve assists in all competitions, which is a good return.

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:18 - Sep 25 with 898 viewsjacabertawe

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Trundle10

Obviously Sheffield UTD airbrushed out of things

An irrelevant and inconsequential blip in a stellar career with us.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 16:21 - Sep 25 with 811 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Cor! That "kid" is 29 now. Thought we should have had a look him at the time I was so impressed, but thought he would be out of our league and go to a much bigger club...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Taylor_(footballer,_born_1986)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024