Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get more of a sinking feeling... 19:00 - Sep 24 with 4504 viewsshimmie

thinking of when the day comes when Leon no longer plays for us, more so than when considering my own death.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:02 - Sep 24 with 3370 viewsSmellyplumz

Leon is Swansea.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:04 - Sep 24 with 3347 viewsoldtownjack

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier. God forbid!

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:18 - Sep 24 with 3285 viewsmonmouth

Mention for Rangel if we're doing this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:22 - Sep 24 with 3258 viewsunion_jack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:18 - Sep 24 by monmouth

Mention for Rangel if we're doing this.

I'm his biggest critic (on present form) but hats off to a stellar display today.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:23 - Sep 24 with 3253 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen - ready made replacement
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:43 - Sep 24 with 3104 viewsTrundle10

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:02 - Sep 24 by Smellyplumz

Leon is Swansea.

Obviously Sheffield UTD airbrushed out of things
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:52 - Sep 24 with 3074 viewsQuincy999

Leon seems to be the only one who can thread decent through ball it seems. I hope he can teach a few others before he retires/dies.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:55 - Sep 24 with 3053 viewsBanosswan

I know it's simple to say, but why can't we coach/find a player to find pockets of space, always available for the ball, who just passes it off to someone in more space.

Is Leon that more intelligent than most players, or is he just more willing to not try the miracle check me out ball?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:00 - Sep 24 with 3029 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:55 - Sep 24 by Banosswan

I know it's simple to say, but why can't we coach/find a player to find pockets of space, always available for the ball, who just passes it off to someone in more space.

Is Leon that more intelligent than most players, or is he just more willing to not try the miracle check me out ball?

He is very very quick on his feet, I don't mean a fast runner, but nimble in thought and those little movements that make all the difference.
I don't think you can coach that, the player has to have that ability and then you coach them to play football.
It might be possible for someone like Dyer to switch as Leon was also a winger, but they have to already be able to anticipate, think and move quickly.
They do tend to be on the smaller side too.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:02 - Sep 24 with 3017 viewsQuincy999

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:55 - Sep 24 by Banosswan

He is just technically better than the average player, who had his career delayed because of his size i.e. too small for the top level in some peoples eyes. I hoped jack cork would learn but that is obviously not going to happen.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:03 - Sep 24 with 3012 viewsmajorraglan

He is quality, his replacement should have been signed a few years ago so that he could undertake an apprenticeship with the master. this needs addressing sooner rather than later.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 2977 viewsvetchonian

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 19:23 - Sep 24 by 34dfgdf54

Joey Allen - ready made replacement

Totally different type of player ....there is only one Lepn

We need to get Leonto Coach Jack Cork on how to play that role

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:12 - Sep 24 with 2969 viewsFlashberryjack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Trundle10

Obviously Sheffield UTD airbrushed out of things

We don't talk about stuff like that

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:18 - Sep 24 with 2943 viewsshimmie

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:02 - Sep 24 by Quincy999

He is just technically better than the average player, who had his career delayed because of his size i.e. too small for the top level in some peoples eyes. I hoped jack cork would learn but that is obviously not going to happen.

I was talking to one of our much maligned former coaches about this very point. Obviously Cork is the better athlete, but what Leon can do in one touch Cork needs 3. He also thought Leon will make an outstanding manager one day, got an outstanding understanding of the game...
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:20 - Sep 24 with 2940 viewsoldcob

Leon should have a whole bunch of England caps by now. He'd have had them too if he'd been playing for one of the glamour clubs.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:36 - Sep 24 with 2898 viewsmajorraglan

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:18 - Sep 24 by shimmie

I was talking to one of our much maligned former coaches about this very point. Obviously Cork is the better athlete, but what Leon can do in one touch Cork needs 3. He also thought Leon will make an outstanding manager one day, got an outstanding understanding of the game...

He is a quality player, he doesn't have the physique others have but he has the technical skills and reads the game very well. I would like to see him kept on at the club as he starts to wind down, he could start to do the academy stuff and if he shows real potential (which I think he will) we should look to send him to other clubs, places like Barcelona, PSG, etc where his development and learning will be assisted and enhanced with a view to one day becoming our gaffer!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 21:59]
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 2884 viewsJack_Meoff

And that OP is a classic example of why this site is my fave on the entire interweb!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 2881 viewsFlashberryjack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:20 - Sep 24 by oldcob

Leon should have a whole bunch of England caps by now. He'd have had them too if he'd been playing for one of the glamour clubs.

Bollox

Hello

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:45 - Sep 24 with 2848 viewsshimmie

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:40 - Sep 24 by Flashberryjack

Bollox

I genuinely believe that if Leon had been born in Spain, started at a mid table La Liga club and played during exactly the same period that he has then he would have had around 10-12 Spanish caps.
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:52 - Sep 24 with 2819 viewspencoedjack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:00 - Sep 24 by A_Fans_Dad

He is very very quick on his feet, I don't mean a fast runner, but nimble in thought and those little movements that make all the difference.
I don't think you can coach that, the player has to have that ability and then you coach them to play football.
It might be possible for someone like Dyer to switch as Leon was also a winger, but they have to already be able to anticipate, think and move quickly.
They do tend to be on the smaller side too.

laughable post
I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:54 - Sep 24 with 2804 viewsFlashberryjack

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:45 - Sep 24 by shimmie

I genuinely believe that if Leon had been born in Spain, started at a mid table La Liga club and played during exactly the same period that he has then he would have had around 10-12 Spanish caps.

Yeah! and if my auntie had.......................................

Hello

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:55 - Sep 24 with 2797 viewsmorningstar

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:40 - Sep 24 by Flashberryjack

Bollox

State your case Flash. You're better than this.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:34 - Sep 24 with 2709 viewsmax936

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 21:52 - Sep 24 by pencoedjack

laughable post

Really?, which part Leon played a massive part in where we are now, he's evolved with us, probably in the top 5 of our best ever players who have played for us and I 've followed us for over 40 yrs and I've seen Herbie and the like.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:37 - Sep 24 with 2694 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:34 - Sep 24 by max936

Really?, which part Leon played a massive part in where we are now, he's evolved with us, probably in the top 5 of our best ever players who have played for us and I 've followed us for over 40 yrs and I've seen Herbie and the like.

Probably the bit about Dyer being Leon's replacement....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:41 - Sep 24 with 2675 viewsjasper_T

I get more of a sinking feeling... on 22:34 - Sep 24 by max936

I'm laughing at the idea that Dyer could do what Leon does, personally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024