Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 20:00 - Sep 24 with 858 viewsmarchamjack

First of all - glad I went

Even thought we lost, came away feeling positive, odd but true

This season is a rollercoaster already. No idea which Swans are going to turn up, which is a problem. But more of today's Swans performances and we'll have nothing to worry about. Will we get more though? God knows!

Leon - he must start. But I've always thought that, so nothing new for me, he just confirmed it today. he brings that tempo to the midfield and keeps moving the ball along. Still the only player we have who can receive the ball and doesn't need a first touch before playing it onto a teammate. Forget the fact he gave ball away for 3rd goal, Swarbrick had ruined it by then.

Swarbrick - never a pen. Would we have got that at the Etihad. No fckn way in a million years. Gutted about that.

Cork - poor today. Would have been the first sub for me.

Routledge - closely followed by Routs. Poor. Again. I would have subbed him at half time and taken the game to them by bringing on Barrow or Montero and carried on the 1st half positivity from the 2nd half off.

Guidolin - did better today but he didn't make the substitutions at the right time when we had the opportunity to be on the front foot. Reacted too late.

Llorrente - great goal. Led the line well today. I think we saw what he could be capable of with some regular, decent service. Holds the ball well and holds his man off well too.

Rangel - some great interceptions today, read the game well. Our best defender.

Fer - got me eating my words today, again in fairness. Looks up for it and like Llorente, we saw today that he really could be some player after all. Maybe.

Siggy - did okish. But not his position, so not fair to properly judge today.

VDH - I can see why he didn't make it at Ajax. They must like players comfortable on the ball. He's not comfortable on the ball. Did ok though. Jury out. First time I've seen him.

Amat - did ok. We miss Ash. And Fede will struggle to get back in, in spite of what I've just said about VDH/Amat. That pair deserve another go next game.

Naughton - thought he played pretty well. Got forward well.

Fab - can't fault him for any of the goals and commanded his box well, as ever.

Baston - I like the glimpses of him I see. Could be player. We'll never know though unless he gets more game time.

Our season won't be defined on games like today, but hopefully we'll take that performance into the Liverpool game, from the off, and if we do, no reason at all why we can't give them a game.

I also take a great deal of comfort in seeing how we played today, as there really must be at least 3 teams worse than us over the course of a season if we can play to that sort of level.

What clearly helped today was that we had a clear game plan from the off (first time in ages) and the players who started the match plainly bought into it and played it out. Looked like they wanted to be out there and to play for each other...and the manager...

Interesting call now on Guidolin after that and does he stay or should he get the boot?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Just got back on 20:09 - Sep 24 with 806 viewsJackBaston

I have to disagree with you on VDH, he looked nervous at first but made some great tackles and look comfortable on the ball for the majority

Routledge i felt played better today too, though 2nd half looked tired and couldve done with Mo coming on earlier
Just got on 20:36 - Sep 24 with 699 viewsQuincy999

Just got back on 20:09 - Sep 24 by JackBaston

I have to disagree with you on VDH, he looked nervous at first but made some great tackles and look comfortable on the ball for the majority

Routledge i felt played better today too, though 2nd half looked tired and couldve done with Mo coming on earlier

I can't agree that a Fabianski wasn't at fault for any of the goals. He got nutmegged from a relatively tight angle. Don't get me wrong i think he's great but he should have stopped that.
Routledge did ok i thought.
Naughton did well considering he was on the left.
However we were severly lacking in pace on the counter. Seeing gylfi and llorente running forwards is like watching sterling and aguero running backwards.
Just got back on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 605 viewsmonmouth

The defence as a whole looked a zillion times more composed today. By far the best partnership in the middle. No way should Fernandez get a sniiff at reigniting chaos in there.

Aguero should never have scored from that angle. Goalkeeping error I'm afraid, but he's saved us enough times.

Rotledge played well. Intelligent footballer, but he's lost that killer burst and that means we need pace somewhere else. Whatever else they do, Cork/Ki/Sigurdsson/Leon/Llorente/Fer move as quickly as my garage.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024