Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wiggins and TUE 09:45 - Sep 25 with 10076 viewsshandyjack

Are you happy with his response on the Andrew Marr show today. Seems a bit iffy to me that his Asthma requires this injection before 3 Grand Tours
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 9:46]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wiggins and TUE on 14:27 - Sep 25 with 1681 viewsblueytheblue

Wiggins and TUE on 14:22 - Sep 25 by trampie

Now trampies cooking, why trampie is wasting his time showing up Brit Nats I don't know, more fool trampie wasting his time perhaps some would say, but now trampie has come up with some Brit Nat stable diet of the Telegraph and the Mail, a British University thingy and Sir Steve Redgrave and Peter Hitchins.

What more do Brit Nats want ?, team GB rightly or wrongly are being compared with the old East Germany so to break that news to you Clasie and Bluey but it is what it is, its what some people have been talking about for a few years now.

Trampie needs to spend less time cooking and more time reading.

From that "British University thingy" ( a blog actually fella, rather than scientific research), the following text was contained.

"Most certainly, GB cycling’s head coach Dave Brailsford has achieved success without resorting to the approach of the former GDR coaches."

So this so-called comparison in fact errm, refutes the comparison re drugs.

Peter Hitchins? I'm sorry, but I forgot when he became an expert on sport.

Redgrave? Always found him up his own arse personally. You do wonder if it's a case of wanting to downgrade current achievements to preserve his own legacy.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 14:28]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Wiggins and TUE on 15:02 - Sep 25 with 1648 viewsWingstandwood

Wiggins and TUE on 14:26 - Sep 25 by TheFranchise

Redgrave had TUE for insulin, one of the most anabolic compounds in existence, one that's in and out of your system faster than water too. He was diabetic though, no worries.

Am I right to presume HGH human growth hormone is very hard to detect also? And am I right to presume the real hard work for many athletes is done 'off-season' when drug testers are not doing the rounds? Meaning? All sorts of banned substances can be taken in the run up to an event (not in too close proximity i.e. to be flushed out of system) but still give an athlete an considerable edge at competition stage nevertheless?

My sister co-worked with a doctor involved with endocrinology whom was into sport himself and thought HGH was absolutely fantastic stuff. I wonder how much of an edge that gives, better or similar effect than steroids? I find the whole subject intriguing.

Argus!

Wiggins and TUE on 15:07 - Sep 25 with 1643 viewsmonmouth

Wiggins and TUE on 14:26 - Sep 25 by TheFranchise

Redgrave had TUE for insulin, one of the most anabolic compounds in existence, one that's in and out of your system faster than water too. He was diabetic though, no worries.

All these diabetics and asthmatics that win olympic golds. Should be held up as shining lights so they can show how and when they developed the condition and how they managed their training before they became good. Would be an inspiration to all the kids that can hardly run 100 metres because of such debilitating conditions.

Or maybe just accept it cant be policed and let any f*cker take whatever they want. The odds now must be that most sports are bent anyway, in terms of not scrupulously a 'clean' contest. For example, many rugby players body shapes are unnatural, and there aint half some jaws around both football and rugby. Nothing to see here at all of course. It could never be in the sport's interest to turn a blind eye. Never.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wiggins and TUE on 15:19 - Sep 25 with 1628 viewsblueytheblue

Define asthma though. It's not a one size fits all affliction. Was recently diagnosed with it by a consultant even though both myself and GP disagree.

With proper management it can be controlled well enough.

Wiggins and TUE on 15:21 - Sep 25 with 1622 viewsDr_Winston

Wiggins and TUE on 15:02 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

Am I right to presume HGH human growth hormone is very hard to detect also? And am I right to presume the real hard work for many athletes is done 'off-season' when drug testers are not doing the rounds? Meaning? All sorts of banned substances can be taken in the run up to an event (not in too close proximity i.e. to be flushed out of system) but still give an athlete an considerable edge at competition stage nevertheless?

My sister co-worked with a doctor involved with endocrinology whom was into sport himself and thought HGH was absolutely fantastic stuff. I wonder how much of an edge that gives, better or similar effect than steroids? I find the whole subject intriguing.

I don't think there is an "off season" for drug testing. May be wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wiggins and TUE on 15:23 - Sep 25 with 1615 viewsmonmouth

Wiggins and TUE on 15:19 - Sep 25 by blueytheblue

Define asthma though. It's not a one size fits all affliction. Was recently diagnosed with it by a consultant even though both myself and GP disagree.

With proper management it can be controlled well enough.

Which is why it's so easy to take the drug and claim you have it. Just let them use it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wiggins and TUE on 15:28 - Sep 25 with 1608 viewsblueytheblue

Wiggins and TUE on 15:23 - Sep 25 by monmouth

Which is why it's so easy to take the drug and claim you have it. Just let them use it.

I don't have a problem with them using it IF there's a genuine, provable medical condition which isn't providing a performance advantage.

I'd be opposed to the "let them use anything" route because it's so dangerous.

Wenger had his Arsenal players using creatine - hence the poor disciplinary record as it increases aggression. High school wrestlers in America were using creatine - the levels they were using it at were causing numerous death due to liver issues.

Wiggins and TUE on 15:34 - Sep 25 with 1589 viewsWingstandwood

Wiggins and TUE on 15:21 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

I don't think there is an "off season" for drug testing. May be wrong.

If there is no off season and tests are an all-year-round thing that is a plus.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Wiggins and TUE on 15:40 - Sep 25 with 1571 viewsDr_Winston

Wiggins and TUE on 15:34 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

If there is no off season and tests are an all-year-round thing that is a plus.

I think you also need a medical confirmation via a WADA accredited doctor too, so it's not as simple as just telling them that you're asthmatic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wiggins and TUE on 17:50 - Sep 25 with 1525 viewsCountyJim

Cant see the fuss hes done nothing wrong its not as if he could carry an asthma pump with him while racing
Wiggins and TUE on 19:36 - Sep 25 with 1493 viewsLohengrin

I'm still laughing at the "sad panda" bit.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Wiggins and TUE on 19:52 - Sep 25 with 1485 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Looked as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo in the interview, which didn't help his protestations.

But I don't see a big problem. You take every legal avenue open to you to ensure you're at peak performance when you need to be; you know all your competitors are. Everything was above board and signed off by the powers that be.

Meh.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Wiggins and TUE on 19:54 - Sep 25 with 1480 viewsDarran

I tried riding a bike home from the Troubadour in Port Talbot to Baglan once on drugs,it wasn't pretty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wiggins and TUE on 19:56 - Sep 25 with 1471 viewsCountyJim

Wiggins and TUE on 19:52 - Sep 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Looked as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo in the interview, which didn't help his protestations.

But I don't see a big problem. You take every legal avenue open to you to ensure you're at peak performance when you need to be; you know all your competitors are. Everything was above board and signed off by the powers that be.

Meh.

Sorry dont get it whats he got to look guilty about
Wiggins and TUE on 19:57 - Sep 25 with 1471 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Wiggins and TUE on 19:54 - Sep 25 by Darran

I tried riding a bike home from the Troubadour in Port Talbot to Baglan once on drugs,it wasn't pretty.

Alas, Baglan/Port Talbot areas are an eyesore even when viewed through a drug-induced veil;)

Enjoying the next level

Wiggins and TUE on 19:58 - Sep 25 with 1434 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Wiggins and TUE on 19:56 - Sep 25 by CountyJim

Sorry dont get it whats he got to look guilty about

Ask him. I'm just saying he had a guilty demeanour during the interview (in my opinion).

Enjoying the next level

Wiggins and TUE on 19:59 - Sep 25 with 1431 viewsDarran

Wiggins and TUE on 19:57 - Sep 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Alas, Baglan/Port Talbot areas are an eyesore even when viewed through a drug-induced veil;)

I know I moved to Neath.

Wiggins and TUE on 20:34 - Sep 25 with 1405 viewsWingstandwood

Wiggins and TUE on 19:59 - Sep 25 by Darran

I know I moved to Neath.

Funny comment on Twitter that reminded me of the 'Top Tips section in Viz Magazine....

Phil McCabe ‏@philmccabe83 10h10 hours ago
If your child is into cycling make sure you get them diagnosed with asthma. They'll thank you when they turn professional. #wiggins

That IMO was on par with.....
SHOPLIFTERS walk backwards into shops so if you get caught by store security, when the CCTV footage is rewound you can prove you already left the shop before the crime was committed.

A Shoplifter
H.M Prison Bedford

Argus!

Wiggins and TUE on 20:40 - Sep 25 with 1393 viewsDarran

Wiggins and TUE on 20:34 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

Funny comment on Twitter that reminded me of the 'Top Tips section in Viz Magazine....

Phil McCabe ‏@philmccabe83 10h10 hours ago
If your child is into cycling make sure you get them diagnosed with asthma. They'll thank you when they turn professional. #wiggins

That IMO was on par with.....
SHOPLIFTERS walk backwards into shops so if you get caught by store security, when the CCTV footage is rewound you can prove you already left the shop before the crime was committed.

A Shoplifter
H.M Prison Bedford

Brilliant.

Wiggins and TUE on 10:26 - Sep 26 with 1312 viewsDarran

It's not looking good on Victoria Derbyshire.

Wiggins and TUE on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 1265 viewsItchySphincter

Wiggins and TUE on 12:52 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

Wiggins has done nothing illegal or even borderline illegal. It's a fuss about nothing and I don't even particularly like the bloke.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 12:53]

They said the same about Lance Armstrong.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wiggins and TUE on 18:59 - Sep 26 with 1252 viewsWingstandwood

Wiggins and TUE on 10:26 - Sep 26 by Darran

It's not looking good on Victoria Derbyshire.

Just seen it on catch up, despite the fact it was (*cough, cough, cough*) 'done-within-the-rules'...... the whole thing is an absolute disgrace.

The (*cough, cough, cough*) timing of the injections and improved performance from a previous race where he finished 4th along with the mysterious/inexplicable contradictions, circumstances and bona-fide genuine required need for intravenous use has damned him.

The guy's reputation is in the gutter! I took a peek at a racing cyclist(s) forum out of curiosity and the posts scream out one word CHEAT! Or put this another way?..... A 'clean' cyclist would be absolutely outraged by the mere thought of racing against someone in similar circumstance(s). It smacked of "do you think we we born yesterday stuff". Well they know best don't they!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 19:21]

Argus!

Wiggins and TUE on 19:00 - Sep 26 with 1249 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wiggins and TUE on 18:35 - Sep 26 by ItchySphincter

They said the same about Lance Armstrong.

True. Truth will out in the end. It on the evidence currently available, thus is nothing more than an attempt to smear an athlete which our press is only too quick to support. How typically British.

Poll: Tory leader

Wiggins and TUE on 19:01 - Sep 26 with 1247 viewsDarran

Wiggins and TUE on 18:59 - Sep 26 by Wingstandwood

Just seen it on catch up, despite the fact it was (*cough, cough, cough*) 'done-within-the-rules'...... the whole thing is an absolute disgrace.

The (*cough, cough, cough*) timing of the injections and improved performance from a previous race where he finished 4th along with the mysterious/inexplicable contradictions, circumstances and bona-fide genuine required need for intravenous use has damned him.

The guy's reputation is in the gutter! I took a peek at a racing cyclist(s) forum out of curiosity and the posts scream out one word CHEAT! Or put this another way?..... A 'clean' cyclist would be absolutely outraged by the mere thought of racing against someone in similar circumstance(s). It smacked of "do you think we we born yesterday stuff". Well they know best don't they!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 19:21]

Yeah the timing of the injections certainly doesn't look good.

Wiggins and TUE on 19:06 - Sep 26 with 1243 viewsWingstandwood

Wiggins and TUE on 19:01 - Sep 26 by Darran

Yeah the timing of the injections certainly doesn't look good.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/tom-dumoulin-says-bradley-wiggin

The guy's reputation is in complete and utter tatters!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024