Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back him of sack him 16:11 - Sep 25 with 3334 viewsDarran

Great article written by a friend of mind.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/43948/?utm_source=twitter

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Back him of sack him on 16:30 - Sep 25 with 1736 viewsexiledclaseboy

There's clearly momentum building yo get rid of him so they might as wel do it first as last to save us all the pain.

Poll: Tory leader

Back him of sack him on 16:31 - Sep 25 with 1722 viewslondonlisa2001

Back him of sack him on 16:30 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

There's clearly momentum building yo get rid of him so they might as wel do it first as last to save us all the pain.

I think the past week has killed the momentum a little.

They'd be mad to sack him at the moment unless there is a genuine improvement available. That doesn't mean Ryan bloody Giggs and his team of merry men.
Back him of sack him on 16:36 - Sep 25 with 1685 viewsexiledclaseboy

Back him of sack him on 16:31 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

I think the past week has killed the momentum a little.

They'd be mad to sack him at the moment unless there is a genuine improvement available. That doesn't mean Ryan bloody Giggs and his team of merry men.

I think you may be overestimating the improvement evident in two defeats in three days, albeit against Man City. I didn't see Wednesday's game but although we were better yesterday we still lost fairly comfortably in the end. We also improved in the second half against Chelsea but still managed to produce the clueless clusterf*ck that was Southampton.

Completely agree about Giggs though.

Back him of sack him on 16:39 - Sep 25 with 1659 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I find it a bit rich in an article demanding to "back him or sack him" that the author's opinion is "personally I am neither in the in or out camp".

Been hanging about with the board members too much there. What do the Americans think?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Back him of sack him on 16:40 - Sep 25 with 1657 viewslondonlisa2001

Back him of sack him on 16:36 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

I think you may be overestimating the improvement evident in two defeats in three days, albeit against Man City. I didn't see Wednesday's game but although we were better yesterday we still lost fairly comfortably in the end. We also improved in the second half against Chelsea but still managed to produce the clueless clusterf*ck that was Southampton.

Completely agree about Giggs though.

Possibly - I thought we were in a different league yesterday to Southampton.

As I said on a different thread, I'd take stock at the end of October ish. Or I may be prepared to see a change if there is a genuine upgrade available. None has been mentioned that I've seen.
Back him of sack him on 16:40 - Sep 25 with 1655 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 16:39 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

I find it a bit rich in an article demanding to "back him or sack him" that the author's opinion is "personally I am neither in the in or out camp".

Been hanging about with the board members too much there. What do the Americans think?

Oi my friend wrote that.

Back him of sack him on 16:42 - Sep 25 with 1634 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I thought it was a decent article generally

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Back him of sack him on 16:43 - Sep 25 with 1624 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 16:42 - Sep 25 by NeiltheTaylor

I thought it was a decent article generally

Me too.

Login to get fewer ads

Back him of sack him on 16:44 - Sep 25 with 1624 viewsexiledclaseboy

Back him of sack him on 16:40 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

Possibly - I thought we were in a different league yesterday to Southampton.

As I said on a different thread, I'd take stock at the end of October ish. Or I may be prepared to see a change if there is a genuine upgrade available. None has been mentioned that I've seen.

We were clearly far better yesterday than we were last Sunday. Although to be fair it would have been difficult to be that inept twice in a week. Guidolin has been fairly unlucky with this run of fixtures mind. If anything Liverpool are looking even more potent than Man City and Arsenal steamrollered Chelsea yesterday.

Back him of sack him on 16:45 - Sep 25 with 1616 viewsmonmouth

Bilic might be taking some heat off Guido later. maybe they'll employ Ryan Giggles.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Back him of sack him on 17:09 - Sep 25 with 1523 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Considering how our pre-season went and our Season started I am not sure how they could have expected it to be much different.
Guidolin did not have much of a squad for pre-season training with almost half of them from the development squad.
On top of that the European Championships and the other Internationals meant quite a few of our top players were not at their best coming back after the start.
Add to that losing some of the top players he had previously been training with (Gomis, Ayew & Ash).
And having Llorente, an injured Baston, VDH & Mawson, none of whom had played in the Prem or he new anything about come in to take their places made it a completely new Jig Saw of a team for him to work with.
Is it really surprising that it has taken this long to sort out?
Especially when you add in a couple of bolshi players who appeared to be trying to usurp his position.

I think the Club in not showing support and the MSM attacking him is despicable, but at the same time typical.
Back him of sack him on 17:14 - Sep 25 with 1500 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 17:09 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Considering how our pre-season went and our Season started I am not sure how they could have expected it to be much different.
Guidolin did not have much of a squad for pre-season training with almost half of them from the development squad.
On top of that the European Championships and the other Internationals meant quite a few of our top players were not at their best coming back after the start.
Add to that losing some of the top players he had previously been training with (Gomis, Ayew & Ash).
And having Llorente, an injured Baston, VDH & Mawson, none of whom had played in the Prem or he new anything about come in to take their places made it a completely new Jig Saw of a team for him to work with.
Is it really surprising that it has taken this long to sort out?
Especially when you add in a couple of bolshi players who appeared to be trying to usurp his position.

I think the Club in not showing support and the MSM attacking him is despicable, but at the same time typical.

Not a bad point there but there's only been one new player in the starting line up all season so far up untill yesterday when three was two because of VDH.
Not really a new jigsaw of a team.

Back him of sack him on 17:24 - Sep 25 with 1458 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Back him of sack him on 17:14 - Sep 25 by Darran

Not a bad point there but there's only been one new player in the starting line up all season so far up untill yesterday when three was two because of VDH.

Of course it is, because we lost 3 top players at the same time, which he had to try and replace. It doesn't matter that they may be from within, he still had to figure out who would be best.
He had as you say Llorente for Gomis, Mr No-one for Ayew and VDH for Ash.
You seem to have forgotten Borja also played in the game before. But he also had to evaluate Mawson to see if he was better than VDH (he should be for £5M).
As well as that he had a completely under performing Sigi and 2 stroppy players to contend with.
Plus it waas obvious he was trying to introduce one or more new formations which those players had to fit in to, to both get the best out of them and improve defense/attack options.

Most of that you would have hoped he could do at the end of last season and pre-season, but he had no hope.
Back him of sack him on 17:31 - Sep 25 with 1421 viewsswanaway

Couldn't agree more with what he says about the Hull result, had we won that one we'd be mid table along with the champions. After 6 games I wouldn't have expected more than 5 points anyway.
Back him of sack him on 17:32 - Sep 25 with 1414 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 17:24 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course it is, because we lost 3 top players at the same time, which he had to try and replace. It doesn't matter that they may be from within, he still had to figure out who would be best.
He had as you say Llorente for Gomis, Mr No-one for Ayew and VDH for Ash.
You seem to have forgotten Borja also played in the game before. But he also had to evaluate Mawson to see if he was better than VDH (he should be for £5M).
As well as that he had a completely under performing Sigi and 2 stroppy players to contend with.
Plus it waas obvious he was trying to introduce one or more new formations which those players had to fit in to, to both get the best out of them and improve defense/attack options.

Most of that you would have hoped he could do at the end of last season and pre-season, but he had no hope.

Nonsense and I was talking about league games the only ones that matter.

You really are over analysing things.

Back him of sack him on 17:37 - Sep 25 with 1383 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Back him of sack him on 17:32 - Sep 25 by Darran

How can "only League games matter", training and every game is required to get the team to jell and see if the shape, tactics and players work the way they need to.
Do you think they just press a button and it all comes together and works?
Back him of sack him on 17:40 - Sep 25 with 1353 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 17:37 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

How can "only League games matter", training and every game is required to get the team to jell and see if the shape, tactics and players work the way they need to.
Do you think they just press a button and it all comes together and works?

No I don't but you're still over analysing the situation.

Back him of sack him on 17:42 - Sep 25 with 1338 viewslondonlisa2001

Back him of sack him on 17:14 - Sep 25 by Darran

We've lost three starters.

By definition that means there's been more than one change.
Back him of sack him on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 1321 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 17:42 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

We've lost three starters.

By definition that means there's been more than one change.

Yeah you crack on Lis,in our first game against Burnley we had three new players that had never played for us before.

I'm out on this one quite simply because everyone knows exactly what I'm saying.

Back him of sack him on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 1321 viewsmonmouth

Absolutely. Why not just play the style that worked so well at the end of last season, with the same attacking intent? Williams had already ferked off by then to 'rest' anyway. The players looked totally confused and fed up at Leicester and Soton and first half Chelsea. That's down to his tinkering and tactics. I'm hoing now that communication and sense is restored and we're on an upward trend. Still won't fix the team weaknesses but we're stuck with them.

Back him of sack him on 17:46 - Sep 25 with 1307 viewslondonlisa2001

And you really are tying yourself in knots today trying to position yourself so you can say that you agreed with getting rid of Guidolin if that happens while simultaneously sitting on the fence enough that if he stays and it goes well you can also say you agreed with that and always supported him.

It'd be easier if you just admitted that you are excited at the thought of the Man Utd 'dream team' coming in.

Back him of sack him on 17:49 - Sep 25 with 1287 viewsDarran

Back him of sack him on 17:46 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

And you really are tying yourself in knots today trying to position yourself so you can say that you agreed with getting rid of Guidolin if that happens while simultaneously sitting on the fence enough that if he stays and it goes well you can also say you agreed with that and always supported him.

It'd be easier if you just admitted that you are excited at the thought of the Man Utd 'dream team' coming in.

I agree with every manager getting the sack if the board decided it's time.

Back him of sack him on 17:50 - Sep 25 with 1276 viewslondonlisa2001

Back him of sack him on 17:44 - Sep 25 by Darran

Yeah you crack on Lis,in our first game against Burnley we had three new players that had never played for us before.

I'm out on this one quite simply because everyone knows exactly what I'm saying.

No one said that.

There's a difference between having players that had never played for us before and players that didn't play together in a starting eleven. Both still require adjustment.

You are just trying to find ways to criticise without criticising enough that you can't pretend you weren't.
Back him of sack him on 17:57 - Sep 25 with 1223 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Back him of sack him on 17:44 - Sep 25 by monmouth

Absolutely. Why not just play the style that worked so well at the end of last season, with the same attacking intent? Williams had already ferked off by then to 'rest' anyway. The players looked totally confused and fed up at Leicester and Soton and first half Chelsea. That's down to his tinkering and tactics. I'm hoing now that communication and sense is restored and we're on an upward trend. Still won't fix the team weaknesses but we're stuck with them.

Yeah, funny that.
Did we or did we not play the style that worked so well at the end of last season yesterday that was our best game this season?
Or did we play something slightly different that everybody was absolutely aghast at when they first saw the team?
Back him of sack him on 18:08 - Sep 25 with 1185 viewsmonmouth

Back him of sack him on 17:57 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Yeah, funny that.
Did we or did we not play the style that worked so well at the end of last season yesterday that was our best game this season?
Or did we play something slightly different that everybody was absolutely aghast at when they first saw the team?

What's your point then? FG has f*cked it up for 5 games until yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024