Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 17:22 - Sep 25 with 2616 viewspencoedjack

Losing 1 nil away looking like a decent result
Southampton on 17:27 - Sep 25 with 1932 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No winning 2 nil?
Southampton on 17:27 - Sep 25 with 1932 viewsraynor94

Hammers could be four down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton on 17:32 - Sep 25 with 1908 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 17:27 - Sep 25 by raynor94

Hammers could be four down

Indeed

They have had a far easier start to the season than us as well
Southampton on 17:34 - Sep 25 with 1887 viewsexiledclaseboy

No it doesn't. Just means West Ham are sh*t.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 17:42]

Poll: Tory leader

Southampton on 17:37 - Sep 25 with 1867 viewsFireboy

Looking like the greed of the west ham board is biting them on the proverbial

Haha
Southampton on 17:41 - Sep 25 with 1847 viewsGreekSwan

Not going to plan
for cocky West ham
Hahaha
Southampton on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 1825 viewsGriffting

No - the manner of defeat there was appalling. Could have been 6 on the day. Though, the people who expected us to turn up and get three points of them and calling them a 'poor side' was a little naive.
Southampton on 17:49 - Sep 25 with 1798 views34dfgdf54

Carving West Ham open. Cracking team fair play to them.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 17:50 - Sep 25 with 1792 viewsJackBaston

It's more West Ham being completely useless than Southampton being class
Southampton have kept the ball well mind, and their centre backs are top quality
Southampton on 17:55 - Sep 25 with 1735 viewsDr_Winston

Payet getting an absolute kicking on the West Ham forums.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 18:10 - Sep 25 with 1657 viewsmonmouth

Southampton on 17:55 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Payet getting an absolute kicking on the West Ham forums.

Not enough flashy Rabona's that made him the best player in the whole wide world before Watford tore them a new arsehole?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Southampton on 18:19 - Sep 25 with 1619 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 18:10 - Sep 25 by monmouth

Not enough flashy Rabona's that made him the best player in the whole wide world before Watford tore them a new arsehole?

Something like that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 18:35 - Sep 25 with 1566 viewsmonmouth

Southampton on 18:19 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Something like that.

It's quite sad to see how Southampton have totally bypassed us isn't it. I know it's early days for the current incarnation, but they really seem to have moved to 'the next level' by developing and maintaining their footballing beliefs.....and getting proper money for their players and spending it on quality replacements.

Oh and a succession of good managers.

Does their chairman have an OBE? Or were they not run by the fans for the fans (sorry drifting off topic but Jenkins and the boys have got to me today for some reason...I think they've really destabilised the club, lets hope it's not disastrous).

Southampton on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 1549 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 18:35 - Sep 25 by monmouth

It's quite sad to see how Southampton have totally bypassed us isn't it. I know it's early days for the current incarnation, but they really seem to have moved to 'the next level' by developing and maintaining their footballing beliefs.....and getting proper money for their players and spending it on quality replacements.

Does their chairman have an OBE? Or were they not run by the fans for the fans (sorry drifting off topic but Jenkins and the boys have got to me today for some reason...I think they've really destabilised the club, lets hope it's not disastrous).

No OBE's to be found at St, Mary's I don't think.

Huw ignoring Koeman looks to have been a real "Sliding Doors" moment for both clubs.

Southampton on 18:41 - Sep 25 with 1534 viewslondonlisa2001

Southampton on 18:35 - Sep 25 by monmouth

They are a far bigger club than us with a billionaire owner.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 18:41]
Southampton on 18:45 - Sep 25 with 1509 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 18:41 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

Not a heavily subsidised one though. They've got some debt but it doesn't look like their owner piles millions in.

Like Monny said, they've bought and replaced players and managers well and made absolutely sure that they screwed every last penny out of clubs after their players. We've done neither, which doesn't help matters.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Southampton on 18:48 - Sep 25 with 1495 viewsmonmouth

Southampton on 18:41 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

But we sold out to American money men to get to the next level. We had to. It was by far the best thing for the club. They were by far the best option. No way could we ever find owners like Southampton did.

Southampton on 18:52 - Sep 25 with 1476 viewslondonlisa2001

Southampton on 18:45 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Not a heavily subsidised one though. They've got some debt but it doesn't look like their owner piles millions in.

Like Monny said, they've bought and replaced players and managers well and made absolutely sure that they screwed every last penny out of clubs after their players. We've done neither, which doesn't help matters.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes they have done that, but they also have had years of being a top level club (with a few blips but you know what I mean) to get themselves sorted. They also have a much bigger stadium.

And when they lost a few games at the start of the season they didn't have the media crawling all over them like a rash trying to get their manager sacked and cause disruption.

Same with West Ham - haven't heard the media scream about Giggs / Zola / insert random name going there instead of Bilic, and on the face of it, they have done less well than us with easier games.
Southampton on 18:56 - Sep 25 with 1458 viewslondonlisa2001

Southampton on 18:48 - Sep 25 by monmouth

But we sold out to American money men to get to the next level. We had to. It was by far the best thing for the club. They were by far the best option. No way could we ever find owners like Southampton did.

We have no idea who owns our club do we?

You know that I didn't want the sale, but if we wanted to remain fan owned, we can't then point to a team which is owned by a billionaire and say 'why can't we be them'. The issue we have is that we are no longer fan owned and yet we still haven't spent money. I'm not certain that is because of the new owners though if I'm honest, I think the money was there and we didn't spend it.
Southampton on 18:57 - Sep 25 with 1453 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton have had their problems with the media. There was the uproar over the Adkins sacking and they were every pundits tip for the drop the year Liverpool bought half their team.

They've just been much better run than us over the last few years.

Southampton on 18:59 - Sep 25 with 1443 viewslondonlisa2001

Southampton on 18:57 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Southampton have had their problems with the media. There was the uproar over the Adkins sacking and they were every pundits tip for the drop the year Liverpool bought half their team.

They've just been much better run than us over the last few years.

Oh I don't disagree with that at all - I'm just saying we shouldn't be surprised that they have overtaken us - they should do.
Southampton on 19:02 - Sep 25 with 1428 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 18:59 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

Oh I don't disagree with that at all - I'm just saying we shouldn't be surprised that they have overtaken us - they should do.

I don't think anyone is surprised that they've overtaken us. Just annoyed that we've made it so easy for them.

Southampton on 19:06 - Sep 25 with 1404 viewsmonmouth

Southampton on 18:56 - Sep 25 by londonlisa2001

We have no idea who owns our club do we?

You know that I didn't want the sale, but if we wanted to remain fan owned, we can't then point to a team which is owned by a billionaire and say 'why can't we be them'. The issue we have is that we are no longer fan owned and yet we still haven't spent money. I'm not certain that is because of the new owners though if I'm honest, I think the money was there and we didn't spend it.

Aye that's fair.

Southampton on 19:07 - Sep 25 with 1390 viewswaynekerr55

Southampton on 18:38 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

No OBE's to be found at St, Mary's I don't think.

Huw ignoring Koeman looks to have been a real "Sliding Doors" moment for both clubs.

But Koeman wouldn't have taken on board tactical tips from Mr Ragged School, see...

Edit - just had a Perch Dhabi moment there. Fûcking autocorrect 😂
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 19:08]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Southampton on 19:26 - Sep 25 with 1310 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 19:02 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

I don't think anyone is surprised that they've overtaken us. Just annoyed that we've made it so easy for them.

Let's see how far apart 'footballing wise' at the end of the season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024