Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust getting freebies (again) 19:10 - Sep 25 with 10796 viewsDarran

I see the Trust Board getting pelters on the Trust Facebook page once again with Tony Pettys old bum chum Tony Davies accusing them of getting freebies.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 19:20]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 17:15 - Sep 26 with 1406 viewsperchrockjack

Never denied being awkward nor a pain in the arse but not a Scouse or a scouce

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 17:26 - Sep 26 with 1391 viewsDr_Winston

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 17:15 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

Never denied being awkward nor a pain in the arse but not a Scouse or a scouce

Why did you call yourself scousejack then?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 17:36 - Sep 26 with 1372 viewsperchrockjack

Why do you call yourself dr Winston o boogie ff said.

Answer to your question is irony.

Get that ?

Nah

Why perch

Why Lohengrin

Why ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:16 - Sep 26 with 1300 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 17:36 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

Why do you call yourself dr Winston o boogie ff said.

Answer to your question is irony.

Get that ?

Nah

Why perch

Why Lohengrin

Why ?

Returning to the original post and theme.

My recommendation for the Trust would be to publish on a monthly or quarterly basis:

1) what the Trust received from the club - ie £xx tickets / expenses etc
2) the amount of work (if any) Trust board members received from the club
3) that 1) and 2) have been agreed and signed off by all Trust board members

The Trust do a fantastic job for the club and community. A lot of their great work goes unnoticed.

The Trust's priority has to be how they work with the new owners.
The rumours/gossip/accusations around the Trust can only be proving a distraction and the only way to combat this is to declare what they receive from the club. Fans/members can then have little argument.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:09 - Sep 27 with 1260 viewsPhil_S

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 23:46 - Sep 25 by Highjack

I'll never forget opening the stall door in the Liberty toilets to reveal Phil wiping his arse on a 50 pound note whilst cackling manically.

They still haven't fixed those locks

at least with the new £5 notes I could wipe them clean and use them again!
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:12 - Sep 27 with 1259 viewsPhil_S

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:42 - Sep 26 by Uxbridge

I can only speak for myself, but I've got no issue with people questioning or even criticising. So long as people are prepared to also then listen to the comments then made in return and accept them (even if not agreeing). Some will not accept the explanations given, but such is life.

Having to tread a line between trying to keep the members and fanbase informed along with not prejudicing the work of our experts is a very frustrating thing. Some will see this as the Trust not engaging with its members, or being an irrelevance, complicit or weak. Until such time as we can say what we actually think that's just the way it is I guess.

It's heartening to see that a lot of people are prepared to wait for that time to come. For those who aren't, I hope when the time comes the reasons will become clear and faith can be restored.

The first paragraph sums it up for me and my only issue comes when people then decide they will throw wild allegations around (like the one on not paying their way) and aren't prepared to listen when it is refuted

Jim White (our Vice Chair) gets this a lot despite detailing how much money he spends with the club over booking hospitality (used to spend he doesn't any more)

The rest of it is right, there has been many times over the past few weeks when we have been ready to give updates but the advice is always to line up all the ducks first which is what we are doing.
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:17 - Sep 27 with 1252 viewsPhil_S

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 10:05 - Sep 26 by Catullus

And if he did, would you tell him he looked a tw@t afterwards?

When it comes to the trust, I feel the same as I do about the board and our new owners, you should always ask questions and try to seek out answers.
The trust though, they do come in for unfair treatment, harsh too at times. Truthfully, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
It doesn't surprise me that any trust board member is finding it very hard, or at breaking point.
If anybody keeps having a pop at the trust, maybe they themselves should put up, or shut up?

Sorry for the clichés

I'm sure you will be the first as well at the moment to know that we do not shirk questions (which we are accused of) at forums, have questions pre screened at forums or even not like difficult questions - at the forum when the yanks v1 were around we answered everything thrown at us.

ANd this will always be the way. I refuse to get involved in the facebook group much because I simply don't have the time (the group is so big that it escalates into something you cant keep track of) - we tried an online Q&A soon after the news broke in April and answered every question put to us including all by one of the more vocal critics yet still we get accused of not answering his questions

Damned if they do and damned if they don't as you say but reality always remains its a volunteer position and therefore time will always be limited
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:26 - Sep 27 with 1244 viewsPhil_S

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 14:57 - Sep 26 by Flashberryjack

Huw Cooze 2-6-2015.
Concerning those f*cking awful crowd facing advertising boards.......the same ones our fans are still being forced to watch now.

They, and the person that thought it a good idea to install them are a bloody disgrace.

Knowing Huw as I do I don't believe he would have knowingly ignored this but apologies you didn't get a reply as we do reply to all emails received as best we can

These have been the topic of much debate over the years and my preference would always have been to turn them off which is a point we have got across. The commercial team behind them though turned them down to minimum brightness and minimal movement which is their preference

Not what anyone would want to hear but in the old world of democracy it ruled
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:29 - Sep 27 with 1242 viewsPhil_S

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 22:16 - Sep 26 by QJumpingJack

Returning to the original post and theme.

My recommendation for the Trust would be to publish on a monthly or quarterly basis:

1) what the Trust received from the club - ie £xx tickets / expenses etc
2) the amount of work (if any) Trust board members received from the club
3) that 1) and 2) have been agreed and signed off by all Trust board members

The Trust do a fantastic job for the club and community. A lot of their great work goes unnoticed.

The Trust's priority has to be how they work with the new owners.
The rumours/gossip/accusations around the Trust can only be proving a distraction and the only way to combat this is to declare what they receive from the club. Fans/members can then have little argument.

For point 1 I would also add in any reimbursement of expenses from the Trust

Points 2 and 3 I think are broadly in line with what we have agreed as part of our review of how we operate
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:08 - Sep 27 with 1197 viewsSmellyplumz

Any timescale Phil on when the trust can tell the whole truth??

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 12:40 - Sep 27 with 1159 viewsFlashberryjack

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 07:26 - Sep 27 by Phil_S

Knowing Huw as I do I don't believe he would have knowingly ignored this but apologies you didn't get a reply as we do reply to all emails received as best we can

These have been the topic of much debate over the years and my preference would always have been to turn them off which is a point we have got across. The commercial team behind them though turned them down to minimum brightness and minimal movement which is their preference

Not what anyone would want to hear but in the old world of democracy it ruled

Thank you for the response Phil.
I agree, it's not what I wanted to hear, but it's probably what I expected hear.

1 I wonder if the trust would have fought a little harder to have them either removed or at least turned off during the game, if they were forced to stare at them from their seat ?

2 If these crowd facing LED advertising boards generate so much revenue, then why are they not installed all around the stadium ? do you think the commercial dept are missing a trick here?

3 Are not the commercial dept employees of the club, it's the board that should be telling THEM what to do and not the other way round.

4 Have any of the trust actually bothered to come over to the East, and sat in the front row during a match, probably not.

5 Democracy? more a case of "I'm alright Jack"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 12:45 - Sep 27 with 1151 viewsSmellyplumz

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 09:08 - Sep 27 by Smellyplumz

Any timescale Phil on when the trust can tell the whole truth??

Bump

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:08 - Sep 27 with 1133 viewsUxbridge

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 12:45 - Sep 27 by Smellyplumz

Bump

3 hours mun. Give him a chance!

Anyway, it's a bit like asking how long's a piece of string. Impossible to confirm at this stage.

However, if I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say the next week or two should hopefully see things brought to a head.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 1121 viewsUxbridge

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 12:40 - Sep 27 by Flashberryjack

Thank you for the response Phil.
I agree, it's not what I wanted to hear, but it's probably what I expected hear.

1 I wonder if the trust would have fought a little harder to have them either removed or at least turned off during the game, if they were forced to stare at them from their seat ?

2 If these crowd facing LED advertising boards generate so much revenue, then why are they not installed all around the stadium ? do you think the commercial dept are missing a trick here?

3 Are not the commercial dept employees of the club, it's the board that should be telling THEM what to do and not the other way round.

4 Have any of the trust actually bothered to come over to the East, and sat in the front row during a match, probably not.

5 Democracy? more a case of "I'm alright Jack"

Well, I'll have a stab at this

1) is a bit low IMO. Personally I think the screens are an abomination, however you can point this one squarely at the commercial department who implemented them. There may have been improvements, but I agree they're horrible. Some people were able to move seats, however it was a debacle I agree.

2) A fine suggestion. Do you have a twitter account?

3) Indeed it should. And is. There was a commercial director at the time.

4) Back to point 1) I feel, but I actually sat in the seats to see what they were like. I've also had a season ticket in the East since it's opened, but there we are.

5) I'm not sure there's a question there. However, there was a election to the Trust board not two months ago. Democracy, schmocracy eh.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 14:11 - Sep 27 with 1072 viewsDafyddHuw

With the lack of respect being shown to FG by our American owners and Welsh DoF, have the Trust thought of making a press statement regarding this?

At the very least it would be a public distancing from the atrocious manners of the people who supposedly run our club?
he Trust getting freebies (again) on 14:40 - Sep 27 with 1042 viewsFlashberryjack

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:20 - Sep 27 by Uxbridge

Well, I'll have a stab at this

1) is a bit low IMO. Personally I think the screens are an abomination, however you can point this one squarely at the commercial department who implemented them. There may have been improvements, but I agree they're horrible. Some people were able to move seats, however it was a debacle I agree.

2) A fine suggestion. Do you have a twitter account?

3) Indeed it should. And is. There was a commercial director at the time.

4) Back to point 1) I feel, but I actually sat in the seats to see what they were like. I've also had a season ticket in the East since it's opened, but there we are.

5) I'm not sure there's a question there. However, there was a election to the Trust board not two months ago. Democracy, schmocracy eh.

1 Pleased you agree with me, although, with exception of the commercial dept I fail to see how anyone would think turning flashing advertising boards towards the fans during a match is a good idea.
This must give you and everyone else a fair idea of the standard of employees we have in that department.

2 No

3 Maybe the commercial director should have been told that turning the boards onto to fans during a game was unacceptable, if not, they should tell him in no uncertain terms now.

4 Did you sit in the very front row ? if you did then you would have also noticed that the height of the boards has been increased to make them more visible, which makes you unable to see about 2 foot from the touchline whilst sitting (I'm 6ft 1in)

5 My comment on democracy was not aimed at the trust, more towards the situation of other than the CD, no one else I've spoken to wants these screens, yet they still remain.

Believe it or not I'm very much in favor of having a trust and the work they do, even though maybe sometimes my posts don't always come over that way, however I do feel that they seem a little toothless at times, but that's just my personal observation rather a criticism.

Hello

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:08 - Sep 27 with 1025 viewsUxbridge

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 14:40 - Sep 27 by Flashberryjack

1 Pleased you agree with me, although, with exception of the commercial dept I fail to see how anyone would think turning flashing advertising boards towards the fans during a match is a good idea.
This must give you and everyone else a fair idea of the standard of employees we have in that department.

2 No

3 Maybe the commercial director should have been told that turning the boards onto to fans during a game was unacceptable, if not, they should tell him in no uncertain terms now.

4 Did you sit in the very front row ? if you did then you would have also noticed that the height of the boards has been increased to make them more visible, which makes you unable to see about 2 foot from the touchline whilst sitting (I'm 6ft 1in)

5 My comment on democracy was not aimed at the trust, more towards the situation of other than the CD, no one else I've spoken to wants these screens, yet they still remain.

Believe it or not I'm very much in favor of having a trust and the work they do, even though maybe sometimes my posts don't always come over that way, however I do feel that they seem a little toothless at times, but that's just my personal observation rather a criticism.

Couple more things from me :-)

1) I don't think that's a decision made at a low level. However, I agree, it was a poor decision.

3) The point has been made however contracts are already in place. The decision, at club board, was to try and mitigate the impact.

4) I did. Have they been increased this season?

5) Unfortunately, the Trust are and always have been a minority shareholder, and as such able to influence but not always get the decisions wanted. The screens remain because the club signed a deal for them to be there, and they wanted them in the first place because it generated income. Sadly, this wasn't a decision with the fans in mind. This actually ties into what the whole discussion around the position of the Trust in the future should be ... as you say, without influence over what's important what is the point of being there.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:16 - Sep 27 with 1013 viewspikeypaul

I admire and respect all trust members,remember they are on OUR side,unlike the greedy twunts who kept the Trust in the dark so they could get a pot of gold.

For the poster who knows nothing of what is going on behind the scenes and talks in hindsight do us all a favour and keep quiet and stop moaning,let the trust get on with the work they are doing since we all know they have us the fans interests at heart.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:18]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:38 - Sep 27 with 991 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:16 - Sep 27 by pikeypaul

I admire and respect all trust members,remember they are on OUR side,unlike the greedy twunts who kept the Trust in the dark so they could get a pot of gold.

For the poster who knows nothing of what is going on behind the scenes and talks in hindsight do us all a favour and keep quiet and stop moaning,let the trust get on with the work they are doing since we all know they have us the fans interests at heart.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:18]

Are you serious? I hope you don't vote.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 988 viewsFlashberryjack

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:08 - Sep 27 by Uxbridge

Couple more things from me :-)

1) I don't think that's a decision made at a low level. However, I agree, it was a poor decision.

3) The point has been made however contracts are already in place. The decision, at club board, was to try and mitigate the impact.

4) I did. Have they been increased this season?

5) Unfortunately, the Trust are and always have been a minority shareholder, and as such able to influence but not always get the decisions wanted. The screens remain because the club signed a deal for them to be there, and they wanted them in the first place because it generated income. Sadly, this wasn't a decision with the fans in mind. This actually ties into what the whole discussion around the position of the Trust in the future should be ... as you say, without influence over what's important what is the point of being there.

We're pretty much in agreement on this subject, not wishing to labour the point, any idea how long the contract is for ?

With regards to the height of the screens, I don't think that they have been increased this season, but I've been unable to see the touchline since they've been installed, maybe you didn't notice it, next time you're over there take a look.

Many thanks for your well explained reply, it really is appreciated indeed.

Hello

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:47 - Sep 27 with 975 viewspikeypaul

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:38 - Sep 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Are you serious? I hope you don't vote.

What do you disagree with?

And grow up and stop the pathetic insults they are not needed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:49]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 20:55 - Sep 27 with 899 viewsPhil_S

he Trust getting freebies (again) on 15:40 - Sep 27 by Flashberryjack

We're pretty much in agreement on this subject, not wishing to labour the point, any idea how long the contract is for ?

With regards to the height of the screens, I don't think that they have been increased this season, but I've been unable to see the touchline since they've been installed, maybe you didn't notice it, next time you're over there take a look.

Many thanks for your well explained reply, it really is appreciated indeed.

In answer to your first question I don't know. As Uxbridge has said I too have sat in a seat albeit very temporarily when the adverts were first installed to get a feel for the complaints which then helped when we (via Huw) talk back to the club (and my seat too has always been in the East so I don't need to come over!)

The complaints have died down in the last year or so (after the flurry right at the start) but if you say they are still a problem then we will feedback again about them. It was a board decision to keep them (not necessarily a unanimous one) rather than someone down the chain - indeed I think it was someone high up the chain who had the idea in the first place

Good decision? Not in my book
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 20:57 - Sep 27 with 889 viewsSmellyplumz

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:08 - Sep 27 by Uxbridge

3 hours mun. Give him a chance!

Anyway, it's a bit like asking how long's a piece of string. Impossible to confirm at this stage.

However, if I were a betting man, which I'm not, I'd say the next week or two should hopefully see things brought to a head.

Sorry.

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:58 - Sep 28 with 824 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

So were the trust not consulted on the advertising boards before they were installed? Something else they were kept in the dark about?
The Trust getting freebies (again) on 19:02 - Sep 28 with 766 viewsStarsky

The Trust getting freebies (again) on 13:58 - Sep 28 by Return_of_the_Jack

So were the trust not consulted on the advertising boards before they were installed? Something else they were kept in the dark about?

Kept in the dark...

I like your pun

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024