Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist 08:56 - Sep 26 with 10956 viewsjackjackjackjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1851957/next-swnasea-manager-us-owners-w

Next Swansea manager: US owners want Bob Bradley to be considered but Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs remains first choice

New American owners want former US coach to be on shortlist to take over from Francesco Guidolin

SWANSEA’S new American backers want to talk to former United States coach Bob Bradley about becoming their new boss.
The Yanks are keen for Bradley to be considered for the post as Francesco Guidolin struggles and the Welsh outfit search for a replacement.

Ryan Giggs is top of the wanted list drawn up by Swansea supremo Huw Jenkins, but the Americans insist that Bradley should be a contender.
Bradley, 58, is currently coach at French Second Division side Le Havre but is best known for a six-year spell with the United States national team.
And that means a lot to the American investors Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan who have pumped cash into the club.

Giggs's lack of experience as a manager is a nagging concern for the Americans and even bringing in a sidekick like Phil Neville leaves that doubt.
Bradley has never worked in England either but has a long CV. He could also involve former Everton player Landon Donovan in a management team.
Donovan, a key player for Bradley at international level, is advising Swansea and could become even more part of the scene.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 1307 viewssP7qupUf

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 09:26 - Sep 26 by monmouth

The treatment of a man in post, want him or not, disgusts me. And yes, I know it's probably the norm, but it is just so c*ntish. He has always acted with dignity. The club must be colluding in this too, or at least passively condoning it. Remember all those lofty ideals Jenks.....not just another football club eh?

Absolutely. I remember reading an article surrounding speculation over a potential management vacancy at a Premier League club last season with names being banded about but I can't for the life of me remember the names of the under pressure manager or the guy being touted as a replacement. However, I do remember that the potential replacement was quick to distance himself from the story and angrily had a go at the journalist as being totally disrespectful to the manager in post. Giggs clearly has no morals if he is talking to HJ. In addition HJ is hardly conducting himself in an ethical manner if he is intending to move on it. On a side note, we had another poor transfer window due to the financial cupboard being bare. In addition to hopeless signing last season we ended up paying a shedfull of compensation to Monk and his cronies.. We will have to do the same if we dispose of FG, hastily and unfairly in my opinion, again eating into our meagre budget He has hardly been supported in the transfer window and we have had some challenging fixtures. All in all pretty woeful management of the club. We are in massive world wide entertainment industry and our Chairman, despite all of his good work in the past, is now way out of his depth and is damaging the club. He needs to walk away now. Its almost like working in some areas of the public sector where people who are great at their job are promoted one level too far and then out of their depth and are ineffective and damaging.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 10:59 - Sep 27 with 1291 viewsyescomeon

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 10:54 - Sep 27 by sP7qupUf

Absolutely. I remember reading an article surrounding speculation over a potential management vacancy at a Premier League club last season with names being banded about but I can't for the life of me remember the names of the under pressure manager or the guy being touted as a replacement. However, I do remember that the potential replacement was quick to distance himself from the story and angrily had a go at the journalist as being totally disrespectful to the manager in post. Giggs clearly has no morals if he is talking to HJ. In addition HJ is hardly conducting himself in an ethical manner if he is intending to move on it. On a side note, we had another poor transfer window due to the financial cupboard being bare. In addition to hopeless signing last season we ended up paying a shedfull of compensation to Monk and his cronies.. We will have to do the same if we dispose of FG, hastily and unfairly in my opinion, again eating into our meagre budget He has hardly been supported in the transfer window and we have had some challenging fixtures. All in all pretty woeful management of the club. We are in massive world wide entertainment industry and our Chairman, despite all of his good work in the past, is now way out of his depth and is damaging the club. He needs to walk away now. Its almost like working in some areas of the public sector where people who are great at their job are promoted one level too far and then out of their depth and are ineffective and damaging.

The Peter Principle - Everyone gets promoted to their level of incompetence. I think Huw has found his.

Upthecity!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:35 - Sep 27 with 1261 viewsDafyddHuw

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 20:50 - Sep 26 by jackjackjackjack

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1856872/swansea-hold-talks-with-former-u

USA'S THE WAY Swansea hold talks with former USA boss Bob Bradley to replace Francesco Guidolin as manager
Ryan Giggs remains an option but lack of managerial experience is a cause for concern

BOB BRADLEY has had talks with Swansea supremo Huw Jenkins about becoming the Welsh club’s new manager.
The American flew in for a top-secret meeting with Jenkins and is top of the wanted list of the investors who are now backing Swans — as we revealed yesterday.

Bradley is currently coaching French side Le Havre but has long wanted a crack at the Premier League and has powerful backers.
However there seems to be a split in the camp about who to offer the job to as Jenkins is keen on the idea of Ryan Giggs making his managerial debut in his homeland.
Francesco Guidolin is limping along in the job just now while the Swansea factions think over who is his best replacement.

Giggs is keen on the post as he looks for a return to football management after leaving Manchester United.
The American money men are concerned about his lack of experience as a number one and the fact that Jenkins has now met Bradley suggests they are winning the argument.

Bradley made his name when he was appointed manager of the USA national team and enjoyed immediate success when his side beat Mexico in the 2007 Gold Cup final.
The 58-year-old later took USA to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and ended up topping the group ahead of England before being knocked out to Ghana after extra-time.

"Giggs is keen on the post as he looks for a return to football management after leaving Manchester United."

A return to football management? Doesn't that mean that he has to have been a manager in the first place before he can "return" to it? 4 games as a caretaker - fùck my eyes.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:40 - Sep 27 with 1255 viewsThornburyswan

How about Bradley as 'director of football' & Giggs as 'first team coach' - never quite sure what those titles mean but ticks a few boxes on the 'must have' list!
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 12:05 - Sep 27 with 1224 viewsLeonisGod

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:35 - Sep 27 by DafyddHuw

"Giggs is keen on the post as he looks for a return to football management after leaving Manchester United."

A return to football management? Doesn't that mean that he has to have been a manager in the first place before he can "return" to it? 4 games as a caretaker - fùck my eyes.

Don't forget he sat on the bench and stared emotionlessly at the equally miserable dutch fella for a couple of seasons.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 12:07 - Sep 27 with 1222 viewsWarwickHunt

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 11:40 - Sep 27 by Thornburyswan

How about Bradley as 'director of football' & Giggs as 'first team coach' - never quite sure what those titles mean but ticks a few boxes on the 'must have' list!

Aye - must have lost our fûcking minds/must have a few bob on relegation.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:08 - Sep 27 with 1125 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:32 - Sep 27 with 1064 viewslondonlisa2001

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:08 - Sep 27 by Darran

If that is true, it means two things - one, that HJ is no longer in charge, and two, that the American owners are utter morons who know nothing about the premier league, nothing about football, and nothing about the Swans.

I'm confused though - we were told at length this summer that everyone had met them and they were definitely into 'the Swansea Way' and 'got it'.

It's the equivalent of appointing Kevin Cullis.
Login to get fewer ads

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:33 - Sep 27 with 1054 viewsDarran

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:32 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

If that is true, it means two things - one, that HJ is no longer in charge, and two, that the American owners are utter morons who know nothing about the premier league, nothing about football, and nothing about the Swans.

I'm confused though - we were told at length this summer that everyone had met them and they were definitely into 'the Swansea Way' and 'got it'.

I couldn't agree more Lisa.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 1027 viewsChief

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:32 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

Bradley has at least managed at World cups and been around a bit, the comparison to Cullis is stupid (not that would want Bradley).

The whole things stinks, what does Guido think of this? Seems a shoddy way to treat him, doesn't deserve this. Why does Huw think he can meet someone at Bristol airport and not get recognized? What do Le Havre think of this? Tapping up going on surely?

Or is this part of the new direction over transfers? And involves a DOF (Guido moving upstairs)?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:40 - Sep 27 with 1027 viewsjackjackjackjack

I'm a Guidolin supporter, but his position is now untenable.

How can he give a prepare properly for the Liverpool match when the players know Jenkins has been off to Bristol airport to meet Bradley, and previously Giggs? The press conference will be a total embarrassment. Guidolin deserves better.

It's disgusting behaviour from our club.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:43 - Sep 27 with 1010 views34dfgdf54

BBC Breaking News saying Jenkins has met with Bradley.

Absolutely disgraceful, no respect at all for the manager already in the post.

Jenkins has no class, can't wait for the guy to get out of our football club and take his muckers with him.

Edit - Didn't see Darrans post above
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:46]
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:47 - Sep 27 with 980 viewslondonlisa2001

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:40 - Sep 27 by Chief

Bradley has at least managed at World cups and been around a bit, the comparison to Cullis is stupid (not that would want Bradley).

The whole things stinks, what does Guido think of this? Seems a shoddy way to treat him, doesn't deserve this. Why does Huw think he can meet someone at Bristol airport and not get recognized? What do Le Havre think of this? Tapping up going on surely?

Or is this part of the new direction over transfers? And involves a DOF (Guido moving upstairs)?

Not in the context of where we were when we appointed Cullis and where we are now it's not.

Both were totally under qualified which is the point I was making - I wasn't directly comparing US football to Cradley Town (although....)

But I agree with your sentiments about Guidolin - I actually find this sickening if I'm honest.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:20 - Sep 27 with 884 viewsnyc_swans

let me preface this by saying that i hope guidolin gets to keep the job...

but as an american who is quite familiar with Bob Bradley, i'll at least explain the appeal. he is the kind of manager who gets the most out of his players. and he is well known to be an expert in developing his players and preparing for matches. he may not have the tactical expertise to really excel at this level, but he is extremely well thought of in the US, and many consider him to be the best national team manager the country has ever had.

but yeah, give guido time, and if he doesn't cut it, maybe Emery will be available soon.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:21 - Sep 27 with 877 viewsyescomeon

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 15:47 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

Not in the context of where we were when we appointed Cullis and where we are now it's not.

Both were totally under qualified which is the point I was making - I wasn't directly comparing US football to Cradley Town (although....)

But I agree with your sentiments about Guidolin - I actually find this sickening if I'm honest.

He's (Bradley) got a decent managerial record. I'd rather stick with Guidolin though.

Upthecity!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:28 - Sep 27 with 844 viewsTummer_from_Texas

SWEP report. Looks like this is indeed happening.

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-chairman-huw-jenkins-meets-fo

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:29 - Sep 27 with 841 viewsmonmouth

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:28 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-chairman-huw-jenkins-meets-fo

What d'you reckon then Tum?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:30 - Sep 27 with 833 viewslondonlisa2001

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:21 - Sep 27 by yescomeon

He's (Bradley) got a decent managerial record. I'd rather stick with Guidolin though.

Not at the level of the premier league he doesn't.

Which was my point - Cullis had a good record at Cradley Town.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:36 - Sep 27 with 796 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:28 - Sep 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

This again is SWEP, the rag that it is is, jumping in on the Sun's report. Five Live are now running with it as well.
I am off down the shed to check on the whereabouts of my pitchfork just in case......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:36 - Sep 27 with 796 viewsmarchamjack

If Guidolin now walked and left us in it, I think I'd bloody applaud him.

His position is now entirely untenable.

Never thought I'd see us return to the shambolic days of Dougie and Robin the boy wonder. But I fear we may be.

Embarrassing.

Course I hope we beat Liverpool and stay up etc, but it is cringeworthy at the moment.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:37 - Sep 27 with 786 viewsWarwickHunt

If Jenkins had an ounce of decency or self-respect he'd fûck off now to spend more time with his money.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 774 viewsmonmouth

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:30 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

It's just Alice in Wonderland stuff. We've tossed away a wonderful and enduring legacy over the last few years. Now we're just a club that did the right thing for a few years and pretended it was a philosophy (in the real sense, not a formation).

I'll never forgive them no matter what happens now. It was done wilfully without any due care. Like selling your beautiful gifted child to someone calling at the door with no questions asked for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:40 - Sep 27 with 769 viewsyescomeon

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:30 - Sep 27 by londonlisa2001

Fair enough, it's a bit harsh on Bradley imo. I don't necessarily think he would be a bad appointment, in fact, out of all the names that have been mentioned he is probably the best (but I will re-state that I think we should stick with Guidolin, at least for the time being). I'm just basing this on his managerial statistics, and the press he has got for the work he has done elsewhere. Can't say I've seen any of his teams play. I also found this on his style of play when at America

"Bob Bradley prefers a reactive (in opposed to proactive) style of football. He prefers to stay sound defensively by emphasizing pressure on the ball and his players staying disciplined and compact in their positioning, as opposed to pushing up the field or attempting risky passes.

He preferred a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 formation, with two holding/defensive midfielders sitting in front of the four-man defense. He would use a bigger striker to hold up the ball for his overlapping outside midfielders (or wingbacks).

He was also known to use a 4-4-2 formation, often utilizing two strikers with different talents, a bigger, stronger holding forward and a faster, smaller attacking forward."

https://www.quora.com/How-does-J%C3%BCrgen-Klinsmanns-coaching-philosophy-differ

That set-up sounds well matched to what we have at the moment, playing staff wise. Compared to Ryan Giggs, who appears to be the next in line, he would be a great appointment (emphasis on compared to Ryan Giggs).

Upthecity!

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:41 - Sep 27 with 762 viewsLeonisGod

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:37 - Sep 27 by WarwickHunt

If Jenkins had an ounce of decency or self-respect he'd fûck off now to spend more time with his money.

You'd really want total control given over to the Americans? That's brave.
Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:43 - Sep 27 with 749 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sun: Bob Bradley on the shortlist on 16:36 - Sep 27 by marchamjack

If Guidolin now walked and left us in it, I think I'd bloody applaud him.

His position is now entirely untenable.

Never thought I'd see us return to the shambolic days of Dougie and Robin the boy wonder. But I fear we may be.

Embarrassing.

Course I hope we beat Liverpool and stay up etc, but it is cringeworthy at the moment.

If the club does not quash there rumours and Frankie is still post on Thursday, can you imagine the presser?
The media won't touch the game and make the poor man defend his position with his broken ( but improving) English.
If the rumours are true I am disgusted with the club. Even if they are speculation I would be just as disgusted by the pressure they are putting on FG by keeping schtum and not quashing them. If the latter is the case I sure they think it is clever to oressurise him in this way to get results. This is similar to what the other basket case club Villa are doing to Di Matteo.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 16:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024