Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? 11:00 - Sep 26 with 3873 viewsDarran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/24/if-ryan-giggs-really-wants-the-ma

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:06 - Sep 26 with 2367 viewsSwaneeRiver

So he's definetly coming this week then ?
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:15 - Sep 26 with 2322 viewsSmellyplumz

Jenkins out Jenkins out!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:15 - Sep 26 with 2314 viewsDewi1jack

An article printed on the 24th being regurgitated yet again.
Some people really seem to be pushing for Giggs whilst claiming that they will "support any manager and player until the board decide to get rid."
Yeah right

If you really want to see Utd players, may I suggest you all fuk off to Old Trafford.
If not look up the word supporter.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:17 - Sep 26 with 2298 viewsSwanseaTID

I'll believe it when I see it, you'd think we don't currently have a manager.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:22 - Sep 26 with 2270 viewshammy

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:06 - Sep 26 by SwaneeRiver

So he's definetly coming this week then ?

Lots of "Ifs" in that article. Wallace is a good, intelligent journo and obviously has no firm details on the Giggs story ... still very much speculation, no doubt ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:38 - Sep 26 with 2210 viewsThornburyswan

Yes it would be IF he was to prove himself (assuming there is anything in this of course), I'd much prefer a more experienced top league proven manager IF we make a change but if we are going to go down the 'young hungry recent ex-pro' route he would tick a few positive boxes in terms of contacts, nationality (not critical these days but a plus) & initial credibility with the players.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2193 viewsHighjack

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:17 - Sep 26 by SwanseaTID

I'll believe it when I see it, you'd think we don't currently have a manager.

Nah if we didn't have a manager we'd just stick Curt in charge for 3 months whilst Huw goes flying around the world to various exotic places for free pretending to talk to big name managers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2192 viewsmagicdaps10

Back to the OP, would you not expect this?

If he moves on to get the United job as stated IF he does get the job with us then it would mean he was a success with us.

So, if he was to join us to then move on to be United boss, would i be happy with this? Yes, yes i would.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2190 viewsLoyal

Appointing Giggs is premier league suicide.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:47 - Sep 26 with 2171 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The deafening silence from the club in response to these stories speaks volumes.

I know the club can't issue a statement to refute everything on the internet, but 'A N Other to Swansea' has been discussed by all and sundry in the media for at least a week now and none of them have crawled out from under their gilded rocks to comment, even just to remind people that we don't actually have a managerial vacancy at present, small details like that...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:48 - Sep 26 with 2164 viewsdeanscfc

Already the 'stepping stone' articles begin and he isn't even our manager. Appointing Giggs as manager would see the beginning of some dark times for our club I think. We have a very experienced coach, far far better than Giggs but we have a limited playing squad due to lack of investment. This American takeover is already looking quite bad for us.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:05 - Sep 26 with 2114 viewsQuakerJack

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 11:47 - Sep 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

The deafening silence from the club in response to these stories speaks volumes.

I know the club can't issue a statement to refute everything on the internet, but 'A N Other to Swansea' has been discussed by all and sundry in the media for at least a week now and none of them have crawled out from under their gilded rocks to comment, even just to remind people that we don't actually have a managerial vacancy at present, small details like that...

Agreed.. they at least owe that to Guidolin... he's still in the job and regardless of what they've said in private, a public statement would be good.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:22 - Sep 26 with 2051 viewsDr_Winston

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:05 - Sep 26 by QuakerJack

Agreed.. they at least owe that to Guidolin... he's still in the job and regardless of what they've said in private, a public statement would be good.

Seems like the decision to sack Guidolin has been made and all they're doing is deciding who his replacement will be.

Utterly, utterly classless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:23 - Sep 26 with 2051 viewswhiterock

Of course Giggs would use us as a stepping stone and for him to move on, we'd have to be doing something special so that ticks another box, I'd imagine Bobby brown shoes will be in the frame somewhere and that wouldn't be a disaster
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:40 - Sep 26 with 1984 viewsjack247

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:22 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

Seems like the decision to sack Guidolin has been made and all they're doing is deciding who his replacement will be.

Agree totally. This is embarrassing.

In my view, we should be giving him more time, it's not his fault we had a shambolic transfer window. If not though, at least have a bit of dignity and preferably appoint someone reasonably proven.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:50 - Sep 26 with 1956 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Swansea city is a stepping stone for every one with a bit of talent .

Managers
Players

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:52 - Sep 26 with 1948 viewsjack247

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:50 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Swansea city is a stepping stone for every one with a bit of talent .

Managers
Players

True enough. I have no desire for us to be Man Uniteds guinea pig though
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:53 - Sep 26 with 1940 viewsDarran

I'm not getting why it's classless it's football in the 21st century.
It happens everywhere.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:53 - Sep 26 with 1938 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:52 - Sep 26 by jack247

True enough. I have no desire for us to be Man Uniteds guinea pig though

Giggs won't come here

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:55 - Sep 26 with 1928 viewsjack247

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:53 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Giggs won't come here

I hope you're right
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:59 - Sep 26 with 1908 viewspencoedjack

Indeed whether you want him to stay or not, hes a dead man walking ......
I expect it to come after the Liverpool game .

Arsenal away is a bit of a give me to the new manager then down to business.

Please not Ryan Giggs or Brendan Rodgers.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 13:03 - Sep 26 with 1888 viewspremierjack

Why is everyone so keen to write off giggs before he has done anything?

Nobody knows what he is like as a manager yet so it could go either way. I think we will go down with FG in charge so I would take a change right now!
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 13:07 - Sep 26 with 1872 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Lack of experience I guess

And rightly so people should be worried

But saying he'll be useless is just guessing

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 13:12 - Sep 26 with 1844 viewspremierjack

I get that but everyone has to start somewhere. If he did come in, all the experience he has has playing at the top level for so long might help him, seeing sir Alex work everyday must be a great way to pick up things.

You never know, it may work wonders.
Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 13:15 - Sep 26 with 1824 viewsjasper_T

Is the Swans job a stepping stone for Giggs? on 12:53 - Sep 26 by Darran

I'm not getting why it's classless it's football in the 21st century.
It happens everywhere.

If everyone jumped off a cliff would you call that class, too?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024