Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin should be given until mid November 11:59 - Sep 26 with 3478 viewsdeanscfc

All this talk of Ryan bloody Giggs has to stop. It would be a disaster to have a manger here who has no PL experience (ok...no managerial expeience at all!) and who isn't even particularly looked up to as a person. Such a quiet, sly figure is never going to be a top manager and I honestly think it would be the nail in our PL coffin if we employ him.

Guidolin had been very unlucky in that he is working with a below par group of players following a lack of investment by the board and also because our early fixtures are so tough.

Do not judge him on games against Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. Judge him on games against Watford, Stoke etc.

Frankly if the board had spent money in the positions which they should have then we wouldn't be in this mess but the manager/coach is always the first target.

Edit: When I say mid November, I mean at least mid November. If we have lost all of our games by then and the performances are bad then maybe you could argue that change is needed. Until then, people need to pipe down and realise our squad weaknesses.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 12:02]
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 14:07 - Sep 26 with 2022 viewsymaohyd

Hull?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:03 - Sep 26 with 1939 viewsjack247

Great post Dean. As Ymahaod points out, Hull is a fair game to judge him on and he failed. The performance against Leicester wasn't good enough, nor was the first half against Chelsea. That's all it is. Hardly a surprise when you consider how we stacked the cards against him over the summer.

I'd expect us to lose the next two games whoever was in charge. If they both go the same way as the City one, I'd hope to see him given the Watford game at the very least. It does seem as though it's only a matter of time though sadly.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:24 - Sep 26 with 1900 viewsIAN05

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:03 - Sep 26 by jack247

Great post Dean. As Ymahaod points out, Hull is a fair game to judge him on and he failed. The performance against Leicester wasn't good enough, nor was the first half against Chelsea. That's all it is. Hardly a surprise when you consider how we stacked the cards against him over the summer.

I'd expect us to lose the next two games whoever was in charge. If they both go the same way as the City one, I'd hope to see him given the Watford game at the very least. It does seem as though it's only a matter of time though sadly.

Hull was disappointing. Performances against Southampton and Leicester were terrible and should have been hammerings. Chelsea was not great regardless of how people dress up.

City game offered real hope though ( however if City had put chances away would be a hammering ) Ultimately it needs to come down to whether board want him. If they dont, get rid today. If they do want him, come out and say so now and take the cloud away.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 1888 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:24 - Sep 26 by IAN05

Hull was disappointing. Performances against Southampton and Leicester were terrible and should have been hammerings. Chelsea was not great regardless of how people dress up.

City game offered real hope though ( however if City had put chances away would be a hammering ) Ultimately it needs to come down to whether board want him. If they dont, get rid today. If they do want him, come out and say so now and take the cloud away.

Yes, forgot Southampton, which was arguably the worst of the lot.

Last sentence is bang on. Put up or shut up, don't undermine him by snidely ignoring what is written in the press. Either back him publicly and let him bring his own player in January, or give the job to someone else and back them in January too.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:30 - Sep 26 with 1877 viewsperchrockjack

Unless we have a better one lined up, an experienced ball breaker who can fire our club back to what it should be, sadly we might as well keep him

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 16:22 - Sep 26 with 1814 viewsPrivate_Partz

Indeed. After this poor transfer window our expectations on style and points total must be lowered. I posted before that, without ripping up trees, we could be on 20 to 22 points come the start of the New Year. We need to monitor this and if it looks like we are not going to hit this target then chenges must be made. Either by replacing Frankie or backing him in the January window. Admittedly the latter scenario would be very unlikely and would be very much dependant on how close we are to getting an adequate amount of points going into the second half of the season.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 16:31]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 16:35 - Sep 26 with 1790 viewscockneyswan

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:30 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

Unless we have a better one lined up, an experienced ball breaker who can fire our club back to what it should be, sadly we might as well keep him

This is absolutely spot on, Giggs or Bruce would be a disaster, the only managers I would consider in our position would be fat sam or puliss, as I don't think either of those are coming I think we just all need to get behind Frankie and give him the time he deserves.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 16:47 - Sep 26 with 1774 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 16:35 - Sep 26 by cockneyswan

This is absolutely spot on, Giggs or Bruce would be a disaster, the only managers I would consider in our position would be fat sam or puliss, as I don't think either of those are coming I think we just all need to get behind Frankie and give him the time he deserves.

Indeed, and does it not show how thin on the ground good managers when all we can look at as alternatives are FS and TP? Both of whom would have no interest in coming here. If we appointed Cookie it would kill two birds with one stone. Us and Wales. Then there is Giggs. The guy was not allowed near the press until he was 35 and has the personality of a bag of cement.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 18:10 - Sep 26 with 1698 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Agree with the OP completely. If we hange horses now we will go down. Best back the manager that we already have .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 18:14 - Sep 26 with 1686 viewsdeanscfc

Thanks.

Yes, sadly i also feel like he probably won't be given the time that he should be. The Americans who know next to nothing about football will be scratching their heads wondering what is going wrong and need someone to blame. Guidolin is really only now getting to know some of these players and working out how to build a defence with those that he has. We played some really good stuff on Saturday.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:46 - Sep 26 with 1606 viewsSwaneeRiver

Hull - just beaten last year's champions.
Leicester - last year's champions
Chelsea - could be this year's champions (maybe not based on last couple of results)
Southampton - a top 8 team
Man City - look very likely to be this year's champions.
The only "poor" side we played were Burnley and we beat them
I agree things have to improve but FG, the squad and the coaches all need time to put it right.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:51 - Sep 26 with 1595 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:46 - Sep 26 by SwaneeRiver

Chelsea - could be this year's champions (maybe not based on last couple of results)
I agree things have to improve but FG, the squad and the coaches all need time to put it right.

Agree totally. I wouldn't try to dress the season so far up as something it's not though. Hull are not a good team and Leicester should also have beaten them. Losing to Southampton wasn't the issue, it was the manner of the defeat.

Like you though, I'm 100% in the 'give him a chance' camp.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:56 - Sep 26 with 1577 viewsstid

Lets get real , Burnley could of gone either way , Leicester was just a shambles , Chelsea should of been out of site by HT , Saints Shambles , Man City ok we played better but still leaking goals and not creating. We have dominated a spell of 20 minutes let alone a game yet.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:57 - Sep 26 with 1572 viewsexiledclaseboy

What about our own performances in those games though, regardless of who the opposition were?

Burnley was ok.
Hull was poor.
Leicester was shockingly bad.
Chelsea was mostly poor but masked by an improved half hour and Chelsea's inability to take their chances.
Southampton was an abomination.
Man City was more encouraging and certainly offers optimism for an improved future but we still lost comfortably in the end.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:57 - Sep 26 with 1569 viewsdeanscfc

I'm not sure how many bad teams there are given that they all spent more money than us in the summer (I think this is the case).
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:59 - Sep 26 with 1553 viewsstid

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:57 - Sep 26 by deanscfc

I'm not sure how many bad teams there are given that they all spent more money than us in the summer (I think this is the case).

Rubbish...This squad is under achieving. Thats the reality.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:01 - Sep 26 with 1544 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:57 - Sep 26 by deanscfc

May not have spent more, but I doubt many, if any, others made a net profit on player sales (plus probably reduced the wage bill). I get that spending big doesn't always work, but we took a big gamble on not being left behind. So far it hasn't really worked.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:23 - Sep 26 with 1496 viewsdeanscfc

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-window-201617-every-premier-league-club-r

Only Southampton had a greater net profit than us in this window. Given that we spent most of last season struggling and they didn't I think it says a lot. We needed to spend more than a lot of teams.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:26 - Sep 26 with 1483 viewsdeanscfc

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 19:59 - Sep 26 by stid

Rubbish...This squad is under achieving. Thats the reality.

See the link above. Given our struggles last season we shouldn't have been making a £9m net profit on transfers...certain positions needed investment. We needed 2 to 3 more decent PL players in at least in order to improve on last season.
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:29 - Sep 26 with 1462 viewsmax936

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 15:24 - Sep 26 by IAN05

Its all about if's and but's though, if the ref had given us a pen in the first half, if Glyfi had taken a tad more time over that shot he had etc etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:45 - Sep 26 with 1429 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:29 - Sep 26 by max936

Its all about if's and but's though, if the ref had given us a pen in the first half, if Glyfi had taken a tad more time over that shot he had etc etc.

Indeed. Those two performances against City were encouraging. We could have won the first and draw as not out of the quastion and we pushed them as hard as anyone this season. Even recognised as such on MOTD and they are no friends of ours normally. We are still developing the team due to a poor and late window. Seems last season frightened the life out of Huw and it has now spread to the Yanks.
They should back FG or sack him. Do the latter and bring in Giggs or a brace of Yanks and be prepared for massive unrest from the fans when it goes nipples up.

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:51 - Sep 26 with 1404 viewsjack247

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 20:45 - Sep 26 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Those two performances against City were encouraging. We could have won the first and draw as not out of the quastion and we pushed them as hard as anyone this season. Even recognised as such on MOTD and they are no friends of ours normally. We are still developing the team due to a poor and late window. Seems last season frightened the life out of Huw and it has now spread to the Yanks.
They should back FG or sack him. Do the latter and bring in Giggs or a brace of Yanks and be prepared for massive unrest from the fans when it goes nipples up.

I can't see the upside to be honest. Unless he gets a big Janusry budget, the odds will be very much against him, as a rookie, in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

If he defies the odds and gets us playing attractive, successful football, he will be gone in as long as it takes for Mourinho to lose the dressing room again.

Lose/lose
Guidolin should be given until mid November on 21:04 - Sep 26 with 1384 viewsCooperman

Great OP IMO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 21:24 - Sep 26 with 1357 viewsJack_Kass

This is hilarious.

It would be a disaster to have a manager here with no pl or even any managerial experience, yet people had no problem when we went and gave Garry Monk the job.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 21:26 - Sep 26 with 1351 viewspencoedjack

Guidolin should be given until mid November on 21:24 - Sep 26 by Jack_Kass

This is hilarious.

It would be a disaster to have a manager here with no pl or even any managerial experience, yet people had no problem when we went and gave Garry Monk the job.

He's on a bit of a run at Leeds

Lump on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024