Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plastics 15:02 - Sep 26 with 3516 viewsperchrockjack

Is there a Definition as regards this term.

For me, it's tosses from the south east supporting..."supporting" Liverpool, manure etc.

New fans aren't plastics but ingenues

And before you start ,knob off winston

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plastics on 17:19 - Sep 26 with 899 viewsDarran

Plastics on 17:18 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

...hang on Darran

If T2C goes to away games and you don't ,he s a bigger fan?

Nah

No comment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plastics on 17:51 - Sep 26 with 871 viewsjack247

Plastics on 17:18 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

...hang on Darran

If T2C goes to away games and you don't ,he s a bigger fan?

Nah

If he consistently goes home and away, he is a bigger fan than me. I love the Swans, but don't want to commit that level of my time or resource towards it. Regardless of whether people like him or not, you have to respect the fact he puts serious time and money into going to games.
Plastics on 18:00 - Sep 26 with 862 viewsoldcob

I concede a young newish fan who goes to home and away games regularly is a better fan than I, who just manages the odd away game. Away support is important.
Plastics on 18:03 - Sep 26 with 858 viewsjack247

Plastics on 18:00 - Sep 26 by oldcob

I concede a young newish fan who goes to home and away games regularly is a better fan than I, who just manages the odd away game. Away support is important.

I'm in the same boat. I respect anyone who spends thousands of pounds a season and devotes every other Saturday to travelling over the country to follow the team.
Plastics on 18:09 - Sep 26 with 848 viewsDewi1jack

Plastics on 15:09 - Sep 26 by Darran

People that can't be arsed to cross the road to see 'our' club play too.

Or those who keep championing Giggs and Co to rock up as management.
Even though we have a manager in place.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Plastics on 18:16 - Sep 26 with 839 viewsMurph75

It's a term banded about by "super supporters" who think they're better than others because some people have a difference opinion.
Plastics on 18:16 - Sep 26 with 839 viewsperchrockjack

If I had a busy career, a young demanding family, a sick partner or any other pressing concern , going to a football game would be out of the question as all those take priority.

I could suggest thstvthosecsho go to every single home and away game have no other interests in life or are selfish and self indulgent .

It's not a badge of honour ..at least not for those with a brain.

Not sure so many other clubs have this problem. Most clubs have fans thst simply go or not. No other fan asks questions

Fact we do is pitiful in the extreme

Plastics on 18:19 - Sep 26 with 833 viewsDarran

Plastics on 18:16 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

If I had a busy career, a young demanding family, a sick partner or any other pressing concern , going to a football game would be out of the question as all those take priority.

I could suggest thstvthosecsho go to every single home and away game have no other interests in life or are selfish and self indulgent .

Not sure so many other clubs have this problem. Most clubs have fans thst simply go or not. No other fan asks questions

But you don't go so you're not as much as a fan compared to someone that does.

Login to get fewer ads

Plastics on 18:20 - Sep 26 with 829 viewsperchrockjack

Disagree again.

Anyway, we re almost at our destination so thanks for the exchange.

Passed the time

Plastics on 18:21 - Sep 26 with 829 viewsDarran

Plastics on 18:09 - Sep 26 by Dewi1jack

Or those who keep championing Giggs and Co to rock up as management.
Even though we have a manager in place.

I don't want Giggs here mate,if FG is going I'd like to think we can do much much better than Giggs.

Plastics on 18:21 - Sep 26 with 826 viewsjasper_T

I'm plastic.
Plastics on 18:22 - Sep 26 with 824 viewsDarran

Plastics on 18:20 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

Disagree again.

Anyway, we re almost at our destination so thanks for the exchange.

Passed the time

You can't disagree with the truth mun.

Plastics on 18:43 - Sep 26 with 801 viewsjasper_T

Plastics on 18:21 - Sep 26 by Darran

I don't want Giggs here mate,if FG is going I'd like to think we can do much much better than Giggs.

You think we should try for "Wazza"? Brave.
Plastics on 18:48 - Sep 26 with 792 viewsjack247

Plastics on 18:16 - Sep 26 by perchrockjack

To be fair, you started this thread, you were the one asking the question.

It's a Swansea city fans site, not a young family or burgeoning career forum, so in that sense, it is a badge of honour. I'm sure people with little interest in football would just think going to away games is folly.

I've got a lot of respect for anyone who does put themselves out to follow the team. I quite agree, there are more important things in life and everyone has their own set of circumstances and priorities.

It's only worth discussing when you start saying you are as big a fan as anyone else. Quite frankly, I would find that insulting if I gave up my weekend to travel to Sunderland, when you openly admit you can't be bothered to go to Anfield or Goodison. I accept you were more committed when you were younger. So was I to be honest, I certainly went away more. Your choice, your prerogative.
Plastics on 19:10 - Sep 26 with 768 viewsQuincy999

My interpretation of a 'plastic' is all the away supporters acting hard by standing up all game so that children cant see the game properly. I cant remember this being a problem in then lower leagues. There did not used to be much away support back then anyway and only about 100 or rowdy lads used to go to the back to stand, which did not get in anyones way and was great support.
Now all these plastics down the front act hard now we are in the prem.
Plastics on 19:34 - Sep 26 with 718 viewsBLAZE

Plastics on 15:53 - Sep 26 by Headmaster

I guess I would be called a plastic by some of our fans. I can't attend matches at the Liberty (nor away for that matter) although I have luckily been to a couple of cup games in the past. I'd love to go, but even if I could I wouldn't have anyone to go with.

Why do you need someone to go with mate? Some of my favourite away games I went on my own. Austria pre-season too - just me, my music and the open road. Perfect.

Just costs a fortune that's the problem.
Plastics on 19:36 - Sep 26 with 715 viewsBLAZE

Perch is what I consider a bad-weather fan. Opposite to a fair weather, he only turns up when there's something to moan about 😉
Plastics on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 713 viewsDarran

Plastics on 19:36 - Sep 26 by BLAZE

Perch is what I consider a bad-weather fan. Opposite to a fair weather, he only turns up when there's something to moan about 😉

Plastics on 19:50 - Sep 26 with 686 viewsSwaneeRiver

Plastics on 15:39 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Everyone was a plastic once

Sorry not so.
There have been times when I wasn't able to go for numerous reasons, but basically always been my one and only club since I was five.
I'm sure there are many out there the same
Plastics on 20:39 - Sep 26 with 643 viewspencoedjack

Plastics on 19:10 - Sep 26 by Quincy999

My interpretation of a 'plastic' is all the away supporters acting hard by standing up all game so that children cant see the game properly. I cant remember this being a problem in then lower leagues. There did not used to be much away support back then anyway and only about 100 or rowdy lads used to go to the back to stand, which did not get in anyones way and was great support.
Now all these plastics down the front act hard now we are in the prem.

my interpretation of plastic fans is people who moan about fans standing at football .... not 'acting hard' but creating an atmosphere

It wasn't a problem in the lower leagues as most grounds we visited didn't have seats.

Football will die when those creating an atmosphere are hounded out by the whinging plastic supporter
Plastics on 21:06 - Sep 26 with 622 viewsDewi1jack

Used to do about 17 games away as a minimum in the lower divisions. Plus near enough all the home.
Used to be able to afford the time for the pre seasons when we were going to Spain or Holland.
Did 17PL and 2 cup games away in our first season and all the home- wouldn't go back to Newcastle and my daughter decides to have my granddaughter for Wigan away!
Selfish or what!!! Could have waited until the Monday.
Now I don't have the time.
A lot of weekends are spent on paperwork. Home games is a 2 hr each way drive so that buggers up one day. Paperwork, play with the dogs and see the responsible one on the other.
Or really the interest to go to the all the soulless, silent away grounds and will do about 6 or 7 this year.

People's circumstances change
Plastics are those who claim to "support" Swansea and talk about Us ( meaning Man U/ Chelsea/ Spurs/ Liverpool etc) being unlucky to get a draw/ win.
Real supporters support their team.
Fans will travel to see the team play anywhere. Such as Mark Crutches who IMHO epitomises a real supporter and fan
Real hardcore ardent fans will even turn up to training sessions!!

Plastics take a passing interest depending on how their true number 1 team is doing

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Plastics on 21:30 - Sep 26 with 597 viewsMrSwerve

I honestly couldn't give a f**k how many games certain fans go to, whether they make it to one a season, whether they're at all games home and away, whether they choose to leave 10 mins early or whether they congregate at the players tunnel to clap them off...I just enjoy the match I've paid to watch, but that's just me.

There's an awful lot of angry people about.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Plastics on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 547 viewsQuincy999

Plastics on 20:39 - Sep 26 by pencoedjack

my interpretation of plastic fans is people who moan about fans standing at football .... not 'acting hard' but creating an atmosphere

It wasn't a problem in the lower leagues as most grounds we visited didn't have seats.

Football will die when those creating an atmosphere are hounded out by the whinging plastic supporter

Yeah fantastic atmosphere. To the point my two children do not want to watch the swans anymore. Maybe block the view of these arseholes who are creating the fantastic atmosphere and see how they feel. Where were these people creating fantastic atmospheres when we were in the Championship. F Ucking plastics.
Plastics on 22:03 - Sep 26 with 533 viewsswanstillidai

Plastics on 21:06 - Sep 26 by Dewi1jack

Used to do about 17 games away as a minimum in the lower divisions. Plus near enough all the home.
Used to be able to afford the time for the pre seasons when we were going to Spain or Holland.
Did 17PL and 2 cup games away in our first season and all the home- wouldn't go back to Newcastle and my daughter decides to have my granddaughter for Wigan away!
Selfish or what!!! Could have waited until the Monday.
Now I don't have the time.
A lot of weekends are spent on paperwork. Home games is a 2 hr each way drive so that buggers up one day. Paperwork, play with the dogs and see the responsible one on the other.
Or really the interest to go to the all the soulless, silent away grounds and will do about 6 or 7 this year.

People's circumstances change
Plastics are those who claim to "support" Swansea and talk about Us ( meaning Man U/ Chelsea/ Spurs/ Liverpool etc) being unlucky to get a draw/ win.
Real supporters support their team.
Fans will travel to see the team play anywhere. Such as Mark Crutches who IMHO epitomises a real supporter and fan
Real hardcore ardent fans will even turn up to training sessions!!

Plastics take a passing interest depending on how their true number 1 team is doing

Folk that turn up for training sessions aren't fans - they are outright weirdos 👍
Plastics on 23:13 - Sep 26 with 495 viewsepaul

I cant be plastic I got lots of Swans tattoos mun

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024