Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plastics 15:02 - Sep 26 with 3517 viewsperchrockjack

Is there a Definition as regards this term.

For me, it's tosses from the south east supporting..."supporting" Liverpool, manure etc.

New fans aren't plastics but ingenues

And before you start ,knob off winston

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plastics on 23:41 - Sep 26 with 681 viewsJajess

Guess I'm a danish plastic since 2012. Really doesn't bother me to be called that. Been some years now but makes sense not to be compared to people who have been along for the Swans ride I have only been able to read about.

Anyway I always enjoy going to my local sportsbar as the only one dressed in a Swan shirt and demand they turn off the usually united, city, Chelsea game and switch to the Swans game. Which they now do allready when I enter.

Haven't missed a Swan PL game since end 2012 on tv. But of course I'm a plastic compared to people going to all games. Which is fine by me.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 23:43]
Plastics on 01:11 - Sep 27 with 640 viewsLoyal

Plastics on 23:41 - Sep 26 by Jajess

Guess I'm a danish plastic since 2012. Really doesn't bother me to be called that. Been some years now but makes sense not to be compared to people who have been along for the Swans ride I have only been able to read about.

Anyway I always enjoy going to my local sportsbar as the only one dressed in a Swan shirt and demand they turn off the usually united, city, Chelsea game and switch to the Swans game. Which they now do allready when I enter.

Haven't missed a Swan PL game since end 2012 on tv. But of course I'm a plastic compared to people going to all games. Which is fine by me.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 23:43]

You should be ashamed of yourself 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Plastics on 01:39 - Sep 27 with 626 viewsperchrockjack

And Blaze is one of those fans who turn out to be disappointing.

Frankly, my point is more than proven given the pitiful responses.

Just who the feck chooses who s good bad fair weather fans.

Feck you blaze. No need for that .

I can see why so many now don't bother their arse to go. Any outsider reading this inter necine drivel recoils.

Plastics on 06:55 - Sep 27 with 578 viewsDr_Winston

Plastics on 01:39 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

I can see why so many now don't bother their arse to go. Any outsider reading this inter necine drivel recoils.

Some people don't bother to go, yet still feel the need to lecture those of us who do.

Those are the real f*cking weirdos if you ask me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Plastics on 08:09 - Sep 27 with 562 viewsnice_to_michu

I love these types of threads. The looking down the nose at anyone who didn't spend their days watching the Swans vs Halifax Town in the North Stand is hilarious, and rather sad.

Grow up.
Plastics on 10:54 - Sep 27 with 541 viewsjack247

What was your point? That people who support their local clubs are real fans?
Plastics on 11:18 - Sep 27 with 528 viewsWhiterockin

Plastics on 08:09 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

I love these types of threads. The looking down the nose at anyone who didn't spend their days watching the Swans vs Halifax Town in the North Stand is hilarious, and rather sad.

Grow up.

I don't disagree with you. But it will be interesting when the season tickets go on sale shortly for next season (how much will the Americans put them up). Will the demand be there or will there be many available for supporters to buy. Would they be new blood or will they be plastic if we are struggling.
Plastics on 11:21 - Sep 27 with 520 viewsDarran

Don't bother to go?

It's sold out at home every week and thousands go away.

Youre the one that can't be arsed to go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Plastics on 11:37 - Sep 27 with 507 viewsbuilthjack

A plastic - can be one of many;

The worst will be the ones who came to light when the Swans were in the higher ranks of the Championship, heading for promotion, and have been here ever since. But rarely, or never, went to games before that, and will be gone if we go down.

There are other forms of plastic's -
The ones who managed to get season tickets but turn up for the games against the big teams, and sell their tickets for games against the likes of Hull, Watford, etc, as they don't think they are glamorous enough.

Then there are the ones who turn up if we are doing well, but either sell their seats of leave them empty when we are struggling.

A few other types I guess.

As for other issues -
Away support, this is a grey area.
Some that can go;
The young , free and single.
The ones who have spare cash to attend them.
The ones whos kids have flown the nest and make a weekend break of it.
The absolute solid fan who will do everything to attend.
Some that cant go;
Cant afford it
Children to look after
Work
Nagging wife
Disability
Then there are the ones who just cant be arsed to go further than the Liberty.

Just my opinions. Some will agree, some wont.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plastics on 12:13 - Sep 27 with 490 viewsnice_to_michu

Plastics on 11:37 - Sep 27 by builthjack

A plastic - can be one of many;

The worst will be the ones who came to light when the Swans were in the higher ranks of the Championship, heading for promotion, and have been here ever since. But rarely, or never, went to games before that, and will be gone if we go down.

There are other forms of plastic's -
The ones who managed to get season tickets but turn up for the games against the big teams, and sell their tickets for games against the likes of Hull, Watford, etc, as they don't think they are glamorous enough.

Then there are the ones who turn up if we are doing well, but either sell their seats of leave them empty when we are struggling.

A few other types I guess.

As for other issues -
Away support, this is a grey area.
Some that can go;
The young , free and single.
The ones who have spare cash to attend them.
The ones whos kids have flown the nest and make a weekend break of it.
The absolute solid fan who will do everything to attend.
Some that cant go;
Cant afford it
Children to look after
Work
Nagging wife
Disability
Then there are the ones who just cant be arsed to go further than the Liberty.

Just my opinions. Some will agree, some wont.

So what if somebody buys a season ticket but only goes to the big games, they are often sold to other people who want to go. We are often sold out for our home games, so freaking what.

If you are a supporter of Political Party X, are you only a true supporter if you are a member and go canvassing for them?

So many people on here need to get over themselves. Football is entertainment, nothing else. If someone doesn't find them entertaining enough to go to every single week, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Plastics on 12:33 - Sep 27 with 477 viewsjack247

Plastics on 12:13 - Sep 27 by nice_to_michu

So what if somebody buys a season ticket but only goes to the big games, they are often sold to other people who want to go. We are often sold out for our home games, so freaking what.

If you are a supporter of Political Party X, are you only a true supporter if you are a member and go canvassing for them?

So many people on here need to get over themselves. Football is entertainment, nothing else. If someone doesn't find them entertaining enough to go to every single week, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Pretty much my point. Some people are fans, some are customers. If you treat it as entertainment, you're a customer. Nothing wrong with that, room for both. In fact, both are needed to sell games out. We didn't have any customers 15 years ago, but we had 20% of our current attendance.
Plastics on 12:43 - Sep 27 with 467 viewsDarran

Anyway Perch is posting from Canada real fans don't go on their holibobs during the football season.

Plastics on 12:48 - Sep 27 with 465 viewsnice_to_michu

Plastics on 12:33 - Sep 27 by jack247

Pretty much my point. Some people are fans, some are customers. If you treat it as entertainment, you're a customer. Nothing wrong with that, room for both. In fact, both are needed to sell games out. We didn't have any customers 15 years ago, but we had 20% of our current attendance.

Yeh good point, totally agree.
Plastics on 12:56 - Sep 27 with 455 viewsLeonisGod

The problem is when those seats aren't sold on. There are often a couple of empty seats near me (always the same ones) that never show on the ticket exchange. It frustrates the hell out of me as my lad would come with me if he could. People can do what they want with their seat of course, but it's a shame when someone who clearly isn't able/willing to attend (for whatever the reason) is depriving other people. Just stick the thing on ticket exchange!
Plastics on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 455 viewspencoedjack

Plastics on 12:43 - Sep 27 by Darran

Anyway Perch is posting from Canada real fans don't go on their holibobs during the football season.

They do ....they go when we are away to Stoke & make sure they are back for Utd home on the following Sunday.
Plastics on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 454 viewsDarran

Plastics on 12:57 - Sep 27 by pencoedjack

They do ....they go when we are away to Stoke & make sure they are back for Utd home on the following Sunday.

I said real fans.

Plastics on 13:16 - Sep 27 with 438 viewsBloodyhills

People who view getting a ticket for a game the same as getting a ticket to something in the theatre etc, are plastic.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Plastics on 13:18 - Sep 27 with 434 viewsLeonisGod

I always thought the plastics referred to the west-standers, with all their plastic hip replacements
Plastics on 13:20 - Sep 27 with 433 viewsnice_to_michu

Plastics on 13:16 - Sep 27 by Bloodyhills

People who view getting a ticket for a game the same as getting a ticket to something in the theatre etc, are plastic.

Ok, you and your "real" fans go to the games, leave he plastics who buy Swans tickets, shirts, pillows, socks, condoms, stickers and the rest to support a different team, and I'll watch my club go back down to the lower tiers playing the likes of Accrington and Bury.
Plastics on 14:39 - Sep 27 with 394 viewsbuilthjack

As Jack247 says, some are fans, and some are customers. Pretty much sums it up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plastics on 15:02 - Sep 27 with 381 viewsperchrockjack

If not a fan, why turn up. Why pay good money.

Must be some reason.

Nope, sorry. We should, as a fan base, stick together .

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Enjoy yourDAY

Plastics on 15:10 - Sep 27 with 373 viewsDarran

Plastics on 15:02 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

Must be some reason.

Enjoy yourDAY

Nobody's not sticking together they're just saying someone like you who never goes to a game isn't as big a fan as someone that goes to every game.

WTF is so difficult to understand?

Plastics on 15:23 - Sep 27 with 365 viewsjack247

Plastics on 15:02 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

Must be some reason.

Enjoy yourDAY

It's entertaining (some may argue it used to be entertaining) whether you are a fan or not. The theatre comparison is quite good. People go there to be entertained, some see football that way too.
Plastics on 15:30 - Sep 27 with 357 viewsandypitt56

Plastics on 13:16 - Sep 27 by Bloodyhills

I dont live in swansea, I live in hampshire. I got to the swansea games when they are down this way. Ive been trying to get hold of a couple tickets for a home game for ages, trying to arrange a weekend to catch up with the family, and its nearly impossible to get two tickets sat together for any game. Im also a jack army member!
Plastics on 15:39 - Sep 27 with 342 viewspikeypaul

There's a tool who sits in the Bank statement on Wind street everyday mid 50s different manure shirt on everyday like a little 7 year old wearing his Christmas present,he looks very embarrassed when a grown up looks at him.And you can tell even he thinks he looks a pr-.k.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024