Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 35149 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 26 with 10882 viewsDarran

We'll win 2-1,Frankie will keep his job,we'll go on to finish 12th and win the FA Cup.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 26 with 10883 viewsOldjack

These little buggers are on fire atm ,a performance on the man c level is required along with a little bit of lady luck

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 22:18 - Sep 26 with 10829 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 26 by Darran

We'll win 2-1,Frankie will keep his job,we'll go on to finish 12th and win the FA Cup.

I like a man who has faith. Here's hoping.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 23:04 - Sep 26 with 10777 viewsepaul

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 21:53 - Sep 26 by Darran

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread (n/t) on 01:40 - Sep 27 with 10688 viewsperchrockjack

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread (n/t) on 09:19 - Sep 27 with 10559 viewsoldcob

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread (n/t) on 01:40 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

Nonsense.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:33 - Sep 27 with 10549 viewsmonmouth

If Guidolin is still in the job, imagine we spanked them good and proper. That would be really funny.

"5-0 win against poor, out of form, off-day Liverpool, might buy Francesco Guidolin another week or two, sources say. Giggs still firm favourite with board, fans and stadium cat. Klopp blames Welsh water."

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:44 - Sep 27 with 10527 viewsSwansNZ

Only 12th? Feck that, Frankie out!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:44 - Sep 27 with 10530 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:33 - Sep 27 by monmouth

If Guidolin is still in the job, imagine we spanked them good and proper. That would be really funny.

"5-0 win against poor, out of form, off-day Liverpool, might buy Francesco Guidolin another week or two, sources say. Giggs still firm favourite with board, fans and stadium cat. Klopp blames Welsh water."

Burnley beat them 2-0 comfortably, we can do the same, but we can't dilly dally on the ball the way Klopp has got them pressing, we'll have little time on the ball, we need to move it nice and crisply and take our chances when they come.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 27 with 10198 viewsPrivate_Partz

Isn't it sad? We should be looking forward to this match and we only have 10 posts and the one previous to this was this morning.
Christ knows what shape we will be in when we get on the pitch on Saturday.
For me anything out of the game would have been a bonus but I felt we could have sprung a surprise after our recent improvements.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 10144 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 27 by Private_Partz

Isn't it sad? We should be looking forward to this match and we only have 10 posts and the one previous to this was this morning.
Christ knows what shape we will be in when we get on the pitch on Saturday.
For me anything out of the game would have been a bonus but I felt we could have sprung a surprise after our recent improvements.

Mental I know, but I genuinely think we'll do them, whatever shape we are in.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:16 - Sep 27 with 10060 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:44 - Sep 27 by monmouth

I hope they have dithered long enough and Frankie is still here if that is the case. Imagine them showing him the door after beating Liverpool with a fine performance and probably sitting mid table?
Make them look an even bigger bunch of amateurs.
The thing is if we get two quick wins this whole episode will look even more ridiculous than it is now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:51 - Sep 27 with 10033 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:44 - Sep 27 by monmouth

Based on what exactly? Just asking like.

They're scoring for fun. We're not and can't defend.

Bound to be a home win
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 04:27 - Sep 28 with 9855 viewsCooperman

Key factors for me are:
- LB has to start in midfield, he will bring hustle and bustle to the park and keep the ball moving quickly.
- Getting an early goal is vital, we're a nervous fan base right now so what better way to create a buzz than by scoring within 15 minutes.
- Play with width and abandon the diamond.
- Put Fer alongside LB as I think he will be less susceptible to any bullying than JC will be. Bring Cork on when Leon tires.
- FF remains benched.

I won't make this one I'm afraid. Good luck all.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 05:44 - Sep 28 with 9832 viewsphact0rri

Normally this is one of my favourite fixtures of the season. Normally its to pacy teams who keep it active an interesting. but with these rumours we have to win or the Don gets the sack... I don't really think It'll be as fun as it usually is. Cup final feeling in some ways.

I think we can nick it though.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 10:38 - Sep 28 with 9678 viewsyescomeon

Not sure about abandoning the diamond, I think it best suits the personnel we have. Back 4 Kingsely, Amat, VDH, Naughton, with Fab in goal. Midfield I'd go for Britton (has to start), Fulton/Cork (I'd go for Fulton but I think it will be Cork), Fer, Sigurdsson, Barrow and Llorente. I would have the formation transitioning between the diamond and 4231 with Gylfi wide left and Fer no. 10. That's both what I would do and what I expect to see. But you never can tell what team and formation will be out there these days.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:13 - Sep 28 with 9645 viewsA_Fans_Dad

After last week I can Imagine Klop's instructions to his front men, when you have the ball, run at the penalty area and any contact go to ground and roll around.
Get's them either a Penalty, a dangerous Free Kick and/or us a yellow or red card.

Although they are "scoring for fun" their goal difference is 7 (4 of them against Hull) compared to Man C's 13.
So play like we did against Man C and we stand a good chance of getting points.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:19 - Sep 28 with 9606 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 10:38 - Sep 28 by yescomeon

Not sure about abandoning the diamond, I think it best suits the personnel we have. Back 4 Kingsely, Amat, VDH, Naughton, with Fab in goal. Midfield I'd go for Britton (has to start), Fulton/Cork (I'd go for Fulton but I think it will be Cork), Fer, Sigurdsson, Barrow and Llorente. I would have the formation transitioning between the diamond and 4231 with Gylfi wide left and Fer no. 10. That's both what I would do and what I expect to see. But you never can tell what team and formation will be out there these days.

The same team as last week will be picked. With the same gameplan.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 28 with 9571 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:19 - Sep 28 by monmouth

The same team as last week will be picked. With the same gameplan.

Naughton to left back and Rangel in on the right was forced by Kingsley being ill wasn't it? Barrow was the only change I would make, in for Routledge (I'm not sure if he was even that effective defence-wise against city).

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:11 - Sep 28 with 9427 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 28 by yescomeon

Naughton to left back and Rangel in on the right was forced by Kingsley being ill wasn't it? Barrow was the only change I would make, in for Routledge (I'm not sure if he was even that effective defence-wise against city).

Yeah, I'm not saying t's necessarily what I'd do, but I think it's what he'll do after they gave their all. If he's still here that is.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:49 - Sep 29 with 8949 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:11 - Sep 28 by monmouth

Yeah, I'm not saying t's necessarily what I'd do, but I think it's what he'll do after they gave their all. If he's still here that is.

I will keep the pot boiling ;-) I agree. Think it will be the same side. We run Man City close and may very well had got something out of it but for a dodgy ref.
Pointless standing toe to toe in gung ho fashion. The result is important but performance has to be king also if Frankie is to stay on.
It all seems a but quiet now which suggests he could be here for the game. Surely he is not being show the door at this late stage? The presser should be interesting. What time is that? Anyone know?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 13:52 - Sep 29 with 8904 viewsyeoviljackb

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 28 by yescomeon

Agree about Barrow - he's inconsistent but liable to make things happen in final third. Kingsley dropped last week by all accounts not ill. Probably appeasing Taylor by having him on bench. Liverpool will press really high so looks like we'll have to get the ball higher earlier to take out the pressing players
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:08 - Sep 29 with 8893 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fab

AR. JA. MVH SK

LB. LF

MB. GS. JM

BB

Go for it Frankie ,pace will win you matches , if we get beat its curtains for you .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:17 - Sep 29 with 8888 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:08 - Sep 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fab

AR. JA. MVH SK

LB. LF

MB. GS. JM

BB

Go for it Frankie ,pace will win you matches , if we get beat its curtains for you .

Can't see him dropping Llorente.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:40 - Sep 29 with 8863 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 13:52 - Sep 29 by yeoviljackb

Agree about Barrow - he's inconsistent but liable to make things happen in final third. Kingsley dropped last week by all accounts not ill. Probably appeasing Taylor by having him on bench. Liverpool will press really high so looks like we'll have to get the ball higher earlier to take out the pressing players

Ah fair play, thought I heard somewhere he was ill. I'd still go for Kingsley in over Rangel, but wouldn't be suprised if it was left the same.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024