Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread 21:47 - Sep 26 with 35743 viewsjackharris

Swansea City versus Liverpool FC
Liberty Stadium, Swansea 21,000 (18,900 Jacks and 2,100 Reds)
Kick Off: 12.30pm (Live on Sky Sports HD)
Saturday 1st October 2016

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 2:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 16:13 - Sep 29 with 3652 viewskarnataka

I'd love to see Swans get 3 points in this one. For me, it would soften the blow of me getting 3 points more than they did in Southampton, as I found out this morning.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 16:32]
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:44 - Sep 29 with 3497 viewsLord_Bony

A nail biting match for Guindolin...he s already told the press if we win dont discuss my postition again.

Personally,its a whole different ball game to when we beat them at the end of last season...but judging by our attitude change and performance the last two games I am a lot more optimistic for the rest of the season if we keep improving.

Would absolutely hate for us to lose after putting up a really good fight and Frankie gets his marching orders...but if we play like a bunch of tossers on Saturday then his fate could be sealed.

Nathan still out through ankle injury btw....Fernandez returns.

#prayforFrankie#

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 22:12 - Sep 29 with 3428 viewsBYMJacks

i am going to go for a 1-1 draw for this one hopefully the swans win and guidolin stays as manager but cant see us winning this game
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:54 - Sep 30 with 3230 viewsGlyn1

FROM TODAY'S GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER:

"Under-pressure Guidolin to target Liverpool’s soft spot

No pressure, Francesco. Rumoured to have been given only two matches to save his job after three defeats and one draw in four Premier League matches, Francesco Guidolin must have looked at the fixture list with foreboding. The first of the two games ended in defeat against rampant Manchester City, but as he sets about the onerous task of plotting victory against a Liverpool side who are almost as impressive as City going forward, Swansea’s Italian manager can at least take heart in his team’s decent performance in defeat against the league leaders.

For all their attacking nous, Liverpool have yet to keep a clean sheet this season and the manner in which Guidolin sets about exposing the vulnerability of their back four could have a major say in his future — or lack of it — in south Wales. There are weaknesses to exploit: Liverpool have a new goalkeeper who has yet to make a save despite playing two matches, a central defensive partnership that, in the possible absence of Dejan Lovren, has played only two games together and a slow stand-in left-back who seems more comfortable on the front foot.

Against Manchester City, Swansea played a high-tempo pressing game in which Gylfi Sigurdsson linked up with well with Fernando Llorente. Should the duo play as well again, they are likely to pose no end of problems for Liverpool’s defence, while the speedy Modou Barrow is likely to provide an extremely stern test of James Milner’s defensive qualities."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 11:09 - Sep 30 with 3183 viewsDarran

We've played more than four games.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:48 - Sep 30 with 3125 viewsmonmouth

"TEAM NEWS
Swansea will monitor defender Federico Fernandez, who missed the defeat by Manchester City last weekend because of a minor groin problem. "

WHAT? He wasn't dropped? He would have played? Please tell me he's not in tomorrow against the attacking threat carried by these red shirted jerks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 3099 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 12:48 - Sep 30 by monmouth

"TEAM NEWS
Swansea will monitor defender Federico Fernandez, who missed the defeat by Manchester City last weekend because of a minor groin problem. "

WHAT? He wasn't dropped? He would have played? Please tell me he's not in tomorrow against the attacking threat carried by these red shirted jerks.

I would be concerned if either Mike or Amat are dropped for FF tomorrow for 2 reasons. 1/ It would clearly weaken us because FF has not played as well as either MvdH or JA this season and 2/ It would send the wrong message as both MvdH & JA had decent games against Man City and looked comfortable alongside each other.

Play well, keep the shirt.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:45 - Sep 30 with 3042 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed.

Ff should be nowhere near a starter .

We looked to have found better.

Why would he be selected as first choice

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:08 - Sep 30 with 2936 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 14:45 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

Agreed.

Ff should be nowhere near a starter .

We looked to have found better.

Why would he be selected as first choice

Here here.

I'm a Frankie supporter, but if he picks FF over Round the Horne, I'll begin to have serious doubts about his judgement.

On a better note, I see Michael Oliver is the ref tomorrow. Probably the best ref in the Prem, so hopefully no dodgy decisions against us (he says, with everything crossed).
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 2925 viewsTheKirkyLife

If Fed is picked tomorrow in the starting eleven he DESERVES to go. Something seriously wrong there.

For me, I'd say that we should definitely look to expose Milner and that defence but need to keep an eye on our own.

Fabianski, Rangel, VDH, Amat, Kingsley, Britton, Fulton, Siggy, Routledge, Borja, Barrow

Subs; Nords, Naughton, Mawson, Cork, Fer, Montero, Llorente
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 20:34]
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 19:19 - Sep 30 with 2863 viewsGlyn1

VDH and Amat seem to me to be an accident waiting to happen - they could have given away a penalty in every match so far.

I'd be OK with Fed returning (not ecstatic mind).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 30 with 2855 viewsmonmouth

Scousy defence is weak, attack is strong. If we don't try and get them on to the back foot tomorrow, i think it'll be a mistake. Yeah we may get done on the counter so we have to think about that, but if we give them the possession and the field position so they can get on top of us, I think they'll kill us.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:11 - Sep 30 with 2816 viewsGriffting

I'd say it would be the same starting 11 that played last weekend. Possibly Kingsley in for Rangel if he's worried about pace.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:13 - Sep 30 with 2813 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:26 - Sep 30 by TheKirkyLife

If Fed is picked tomorrow in the starting eleven he DESERVES to go. Something seriously wrong there.

For me, I'd say that we should definitely look to expose Milner and that defence but need to keep an eye on our own.

Fabianski, Rangel, VDH, Amat, Kingsley, Britton, Fulton, Siggy, Routledge, Borja, Barrow

I hope our Frank is reading this tonight.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:22 - Sep 30 with 2797 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 18:26 - Sep 30 by TheKirkyLife

Same team that played so well against Citeh

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 22:53 - Sep 30 with 2326 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 19:27 - Sep 30 by monmouth

Scousy defence is weak, attack is strong. If we don't try and get them on to the back foot tomorrow, i think it'll be a mistake. Yeah we may get done on the counter so we have to think about that, but if we give them the possession and the field position so they can get on top of us, I think they'll kill us.

Aren't you contradicting what you said on the other threads where people have suggested 2 wingers and 2 Strikers?
Because the only way to get them on the back foot is virtually all out attack, but you said that would just gift them the game.
So how do you suggest that we "get them on the back foot"?
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 2135 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Let ts get at these f@ckers today Frankie boy

Get some pace in the team & we can take these

2-1

Siggy ,borja

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 08:26 - Oct 1 with 2105 viewsWhiterockin

I want us to win this match more than any in recent seasons. If only to ram it down the throat of the board who have acted so unprofessionally over the Guidolin situation.

The three points would be handy as well. 2-1 win for us.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 08:34 - Oct 1 with 2087 viewsMattG

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 20:13 - Sep 30 by Lord_Bony

I hope our Frank is reading this tonight.

I hope he doesn't need to.
The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 08:47 - Oct 1 with 2064 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 22:53 - Sep 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Aren't you contradicting what you said on the other threads where people have suggested 2 wingers and 2 Strikers?
Because the only way to get them on the back foot is virtually all out attack, but you said that would just gift them the game.
So how do you suggest that we "get them on the back foot"?

You think the only way of taking control is essentially a front 6 with no defensive cover. I doubt we'd see the ball.

How about actually playing ten yards further up the pitch with positive intent, but retaining some midfield cohesion?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:02 - Oct 1 with 2043 viewsbuilthjack

We are going to win this f3cker

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:17 - Oct 1 with 2021 viewsymaohyd

Seems ridiculous that a last minute winner for us will allow Guidolin keep his job yet the opposite may mean him losing his job.

That's the mad world of football though...personally I love it. Managers know what they are getting themselves into and are hugely rewarded for it.

I take no satisfaction from seeing someone down on their luck but the cut throat nature of the PL has led it to be the most marketable in the world with the rich rewards that come with it and allowed us to develop the club's facilities beyond recognition.

So for me lose today and bye and thanks Guido. For those who bemoan our 'tough' opening fixtures, HJ when Laudrup was sacked that he wanted the Swans to find their identity again of challenging any team, home or away, regardless of reputation. We have only lost once to Liverpool at home in the previous 5!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:26 - Oct 1 with 1999 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:17 - Oct 1 by ymaohyd

Seems ridiculous that a last minute winner for us will allow Guidolin keep his job yet the opposite may mean him losing his job.

That's the mad world of football though...personally I love it. Managers know what they are getting themselves into and are hugely rewarded for it.

I take no satisfaction from seeing someone down on their luck but the cut throat nature of the PL has led it to be the most marketable in the world with the rich rewards that come with it and allowed us to develop the club's facilities beyond recognition.

So for me lose today and bye and thanks Guido. For those who bemoan our 'tough' opening fixtures, HJ when Laudrup was sacked that he wanted the Swans to find their identity again of challenging any team, home or away, regardless of reputation. We have only lost once to Liverpool at home in the previous 5!

I hope that it's a wider view in the round of everything that is happening behind the scenes and on the pitch in general that decides the manager's fate, not the result of one game.

Otherwise we really have lost the plot. What if we fluke a win today like Burnley did? (Burnley 2 shots on target, Liverpool 200 or something ridiculous anyway). What then? His future is dependent on winning every single game from now on? That approach is ridiculous.

If the players are now broadly settled, and the performance and commitment is there, unless there is a clearly proven better option available (and that's not fecking Giggs or Bradley) thenwe should leave well alone.

Assuming there is nothing disastrous going on behind the scenes, the target should obviously be something like 19/20 points by Christmas, continued trends of improvement in performance and no surrenders like at Southampton and Leicester.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:37 - Oct 1 with 1980 viewsmonmouth

Time to go. I travel more in hope than expectation. Have a good one all.

The Official Swansea City Versus Liverpool FC EPL Match Thread on 09:56 - Oct 1 with 1945 viewsswan88

Baston starts, Llorente out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024