Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If West Ham sack bilic 08:00 - Sep 27 with 4789 viewspremierjack

I would take him over the other names in the frame at the moment.
If West Ham sack bilic on 08:11 - Sep 27 with 3665 viewsyescomeon

I definitely would. I really like the bloke. Don't think he would take any shit, and don't look like the kind of bloke you want to piss off either, just what we need.

Upthecity!

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:13 - Sep 27 with 3655 viewsshandyjack

NO way would Huw appoint him, Bilic isn't a yes man

Poll: Expectation for the season

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:21 - Sep 27 with 3633 viewsWhiterockin

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:13 - Sep 27 by shandyjack

If the Americans appointed Bilic HJ would be gone, not a bad thing.
If West Ham sack bilic on 08:39 - Sep 27 with 3571 viewsmonmouth

I know it's in vogue to want Jenkins out, and I'd like a little payback myself, but isn't the truth that if he goes we don't have a cats chance inhell ofever getting our football 'identity' back. Ok that chance is diminishing now, but it would be less than miniscule without him around. Left to the Yankers we are much more likely to get a 4-4-2 dinosaur like Bradley, and he would have no compunction in getting shot of Britton/Rangel and the'old regime' from the club.

I know it's like hanging onto nurse for fear of something worse, but even though I'd like to see all the snakes getting their comeuppance, I'm not sure that we'd end up in a better place. Probably better for us that he retains power but his role in recruitment is "reviewed".

I think we may be fully 'Villa'd' by this time next year though. Donovan'd; Bradley'd (or Giggsed) and trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey wrapped in the good ol' stars and stripes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:58 - Sep 27 with 3515 viewsWhiterockin

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:39 - Sep 27 by monmouth

I know it's in vogue to want Jenkins out, and I'd like a little payback myself, but isn't the truth that if he goes we don't have a cats chance inhell ofever getting our football 'identity' back. Ok that chance is diminishing now, but it would be less than miniscule without him around. Left to the Yankers we are much more likely to get a 4-4-2 dinosaur like Bradley, and he would have no compunction in getting shot of Britton/Rangel and the'old regime' from the club.

I know it's like hanging onto nurse for fear of something worse, but even though I'd like to see all the snakes getting their comeuppance, I'm not sure that we'd end up in a better place. Probably better for us that he retains power but his role in recruitment is "reviewed".

I think we may be fully 'Villa'd' by this time next year though. Donovan'd; Bradley'd (or Giggsed) and trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey wrapped in the good ol' stars and stripes.

Do you not feel that the lack off comment by Jenkins regarding the press speculation over Guidolin's future at the club, smacks HJ and the club being unprofessional. This added to his poor performance over the last year or two means he should go. I wont bother to go down the line of shafting everyone including the trust for twenty pieces of silver.
If West Ham sack bilic on 09:05 - Sep 27 with 3487 viewsPrivate_Partz

Seems a good guy and a good manager. Would they sack him st this time however? Will Stoke give Hughes the boot? Moyes out at Sunderland even? Most sensible clubs wait and see how their new signings settle in and at least give it until November or December. We are not a sensible club it seems with Huw and the Yanks panicking like idiots.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If West Ham sack bilic on 09:12 - Sep 27 with 3466 viewsWarwickHunt

If the man who appointed Monk to "get our football identity back", and is apparently on the verge of appointing another complete rookie, is our best chance of getting our "identity" back then we are way beyond fûcked.
If West Ham sack bilic on 09:27 - Sep 27 with 3416 viewsmonmouth

If West Ham sack bilic on 09:12 - Sep 27 by WarwickHunt

If the man who appointed Monk to "get our football identity back", and is apparently on the verge of appointing another complete rookie, is our best chance of getting our "identity" back then we are way beyond fûcked.

I know. That's why I said minuscule. I'm grasping at straws. Personally, if I were being analytical, as a born pessimist, I think it's all gone anyway and we are going to be scrubbing round at the bottom every year until we fall through the door. Not even like Sunderland, more like Wigan, no even worse, as a ghost club in chains wailing over a lost dream and promises broken.

So I don't really care if Jenkins and the rest are hounded out of Swansea.

There has to be another book in this....or maybe even a documentary. As soon as the Trust can speak they need to be on the phone to Dave Conn and any other half decent proper mainstream Journo.

Login to get fewer ads

If West Ham sack bilic on 09:53 - Sep 27 with 3355 viewsLeonisGod

If West Ham sack bilic on 08:13 - Sep 27 by shandyjack

Based on what's going on with Guidolin, it looks as if Huw doesn't hold all the shots anymore.
If West Ham sack bilic on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 3345 viewsexiledinenglandjack

If West Ham sack bilic on 09:53 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

Based on what's going on with Guidolin, it looks as if Huw doesn't hold all the shots anymore.

I think your right, after the rumours of discontent of how the transfers went this summer, I wouldn't be surprised if Huws position has been diluted a bit, just not publicly announced.
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 3336 viewsjackjackjackjack

It looks like Di Matteo is heading for the sack at Aston Villa. We're more likely to go for him.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:23 - Sep 27 with 3289 viewsWarwickHunt

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:01 - Sep 27 by jackjackjackjack

It looks like Di Matteo is heading for the sack at Aston Villa. We're more likely to go for him.

Great - all we need now is to spend billions on a world class squad...
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:27 - Sep 27 with 3274 viewscrix

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:23 - Sep 27 by WarwickHunt

Great - all we need now is to spend billions on a world class squad...

and wed still probably fail badly
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:29 - Sep 27 with 3268 viewscrix

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:01 - Sep 27 by jackjackjackjack

were more likely to go for big sam when he gets sacked
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:35 - Sep 27 with 3243 viewsjackjackjackjack

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:29 - Sep 27 by crix

were more likely to go for big sam when he gets sacked

I thought Di Matteo was on our shortlist when we sacked Monk?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:39 - Sep 27 with 3231 viewsjack247

Judging by the players we bought in the summer, I wouldn't be massively surprised if 442 was the way Jenkins saw us going. Llorente and Baston are big bruising centre forwards, Fer is a more commited Shelvey, we needed a physical centre back and VdH seems to fit that bill. Haven't seen Mawson, but he sounds like the only one really tailored to the old style we got our 'identity' from (though I'm fairness Baston has only had a league cup game and a cameo and Llorente looks like he can play it if we press high and support him).

Montero, Barrow, Fer, Llorente and Baston all seem perfect for 442. Gylfi aside, the players best suited to the Swansea way were all here in 2011.
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:43 - Sep 27 with 3221 viewscrix

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:35 - Sep 27 by jackjackjackjack

I thought Di Matteo was on our shortlist when we sacked Monk?

yeah I think he was on the shortlist that the newspapers err... I mean club drew up.
If West Ham sack bilic on 10:52 - Sep 27 with 3196 viewsmonmouth

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:39 - Sep 27 by jack247

Judging by the players we bought in the summer, I wouldn't be massively surprised if 442 was the way Jenkins saw us going. Llorente and Baston are big bruising centre forwards, Fer is a more commited Shelvey, we needed a physical centre back and VdH seems to fit that bill. Haven't seen Mawson, but he sounds like the only one really tailored to the old style we got our 'identity' from (though I'm fairness Baston has only had a league cup game and a cameo and Llorente looks like he can play it if we press high and support him).

Montero, Barrow, Fer, Llorente and Baston all seem perfect for 442. Gylfi aside, the players best suited to the Swansea way were all here in 2011.

Was Llorente really meant for more than a season whilst Baston finds his feet? Then as back up? After all, new contracts for Montero and Barrow (and Dyer) (and Routs??) don't point to no wingers, unless we totally abandon the midfield.

Maybe when Martinez is found out and gets the Belgian tin tack, we should install him as football director, get Reeves back and just for the hell of it finally install Graeme Jones as manager whilst booting Jenkins to kingdom come. ("I never wanted to leave my beloooved cloob, honest")

After all, if we're going to get relegated, it might as well be the 'swansea way'...

If West Ham sack bilic on 11:04 - Sep 27 with 3171 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 10:52 - Sep 27 by monmouth

Was Llorente really meant for more than a season whilst Baston finds his feet? Then as back up? After all, new contracts for Montero and Barrow (and Dyer) (and Routs??) don't point to no wingers, unless we totally abandon the midfield.

Maybe when Martinez is found out and gets the Belgian tin tack, we should install him as football director, get Reeves back and just for the hell of it finally install Graeme Jones as manager whilst booting Jenkins to kingdom come. ("I never wanted to leave my beloooved cloob, honest")

After all, if we're going to get relegated, it might as well be the 'swansea way'...

Montero and Barrow are old fashioned style wingers. Beat the full back, get the ball in the box for the big man, rinse, repeat. There won't be many better in the league for that style of play. They aren't suited to 'Swansea way' football as it is more cerebral. Requires them to do a lot more than just win their personal battle with the fullback (which they both invariably do in fairness).

Routledge and Dyer would be useless in a 442. They can't cross very well and are far better at using triangles to get round people than backing themselves one on one.

That's two wingers of each type. Our centre forwards though are big physical type players, albeit with touch and football intelligence. Not sure if McBurnie will be too when he fills out, or if he will just look and play like Peter Crouch.

As you say, getting a Swanselona style manager in would be a huge help, but you have to give him free rein with whatever budget we have. Ironically, I think we already have one, but are signing the wrong type of player for him.
If West Ham sack bilic on 11:17 - Sep 27 with 3130 viewsLeonisGod

I think you're reading far too much into it. I'm not convinced Barrow and Motero would be better suited in a 442 either.
If West Ham sack bilic on 11:37 - Sep 27 with 3098 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 11:17 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

I think you're reading far too much into it. I'm not convinced Barrow and Motero would be better suited in a 442 either.

I may be and in fairness, they aren't new signings. Though Llorente looks tailor made for 2 up front.

I just think that if we are looking to get back to Swansea way football (which I think HJ said publicly around the time Monk went) then our recruitment is miles off. Signing players that don't work out is one thing, knowingly signing the wrong type of player is something different.
If West Ham sack bilic on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 3009 viewswaynekerr55

Well, Ragged School used to play two up top in the West Wales Cup...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If West Ham sack bilic on 12:37 - Sep 27 with 2968 viewscostalotta

Do you think?

I have to ask... Was it Jenkins who ensured Flynn then Jacket followed the 'Football Identity' to the end? And that Martinez simply took on the good work of BF and KJ? Not so sure myself as I always thought, no not thought, I/we knew it was RM who brought that football identity to the club. The change was dramatic and overnight from memory. And whilst he along with the players and fans bought into the philosophy it was not a HJ thing per se.

If HJ or any fan of ours tried to claim credit for that its surely boll*cks?

Having said there is some credence in your post although my sense of adventure pushes me to the 'he must go' way of thinking. He doesn't bring anything to the party anymore and now with the stakes much higher he has been shown up IMO.

As for next year...What will be will be but if we have someone who knows what they are actually doing in the role including recruitment we'd have a much better chance of not being villa'd as you put it.
If West Ham sack bilic on 12:40 - Sep 27 with 2953 viewscostalotta

If West Ham sack bilic on 11:17 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

I don't think they are either. Too light weight.
If West Ham sack bilic on 13:36 - Sep 27 with 2879 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 12:37 - Sep 27 by costalotta

Do you think?

I have to ask... Was it Jenkins who ensured Flynn then Jacket followed the 'Football Identity' to the end? And that Martinez simply took on the good work of BF and KJ? Not so sure myself as I always thought, no not thought, I/we knew it was RM who brought that football identity to the club. The change was dramatic and overnight from memory. And whilst he along with the players and fans bought into the philosophy it was not a HJ thing per se.

If HJ or any fan of ours tried to claim credit for that its surely boll*cks?

Having said there is some credence in your post although my sense of adventure pushes me to the 'he must go' way of thinking. He doesn't bring anything to the party anymore and now with the stakes much higher he has been shown up IMO.

As for next year...What will be will be but if we have someone who knows what they are actually doing in the role including recruitment we'd have a much better chance of not being villa'd as you put it.

You are absolutely right, it was Martinez who clearly changed our style to the one we became known for. Flynn (in particular) and Jackett both brought in some fantastic players, but basically played standard lower league football, with Trundle, Britton, Robinson, Martinez etc providing the extra class that saw us through games.

After Martinez got us playing successful, attractive football, the board decided that future managers would play broadly the same way. That lasted until Monk. When he was sacked, there was a bit of noise about getting back to it. Recruitment since (apart from Paloschi) suggests it was a bit of a hollow promise though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024