Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If West Ham sack bilic 08:00 - Sep 27 with 4891 viewspremierjack

I would take him over the other names in the frame at the moment.
If West Ham sack bilic on 14:34 - Sep 27 with 1205 viewsmonmouth

If West Ham sack bilic on 12:37 - Sep 27 by costalotta

Do you think?

I have to ask... Was it Jenkins who ensured Flynn then Jacket followed the 'Football Identity' to the end? And that Martinez simply took on the good work of BF and KJ? Not so sure myself as I always thought, no not thought, I/we knew it was RM who brought that football identity to the club. The change was dramatic and overnight from memory. And whilst he along with the players and fans bought into the philosophy it was not a HJ thing per se.

If HJ or any fan of ours tried to claim credit for that its surely boll*cks?

Having said there is some credence in your post although my sense of adventure pushes me to the 'he must go' way of thinking. He doesn't bring anything to the party anymore and now with the stakes much higher he has been shown up IMO.

As for next year...What will be will be but if we have someone who knows what they are actually doing in the role including recruitment we'd have a much better chance of not being villa'd as you put it.

No you've got me wrong. My point is that Jenkins Britton Rangel and Curtis are the only (?) links left and if the head of that quadruplet goes then the rest will likely follow and any chance of a return to the style of Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup is consequently less likely, as the links simply won't be there.

As Warwick has so eloquently pointed out, since Laudrup was sacked Jenkins has championed nothing except stay up at all costs until we can sell out. The massive f*cking quilt.

Jenkins, not Warwick.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If West Ham sack bilic on 16:37 - Sep 27 with 1170 viewscostalotta

If West Ham sack bilic on 14:34 - Sep 27 by monmouth

No you've got me wrong. My point is that Jenkins Britton Rangel and Curtis are the only (?) links left and if the head of that quadruplet goes then the rest will likely follow and any chance of a return to the style of Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup is consequently less likely, as the links simply won't be there.

As Warwick has so eloquently pointed out, since Laudrup was sacked Jenkins has championed nothing except stay up at all costs until we can sell out. The massive f*cking quilt.

Jenkins, not Warwick.

Ah i see what you mean, my bad. F*ck him though as he's f*cked us!

You know what...what about a triumvirate of Curt, Angel and Britts? Would/could that be the way forward? Who knows, they may be better at it than the previous incumbent.

Just a thought.

You are spot on though and it seems when Laudrup was fired it was game over as far as HJ was concerned. He'd won the war!

With HJ we rust!
If West Ham sack bilic on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 1163 viewsLeonisGod

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/former-swansea-city-manager-michael-laud

He hasn't signed yet, so still time to gazump them....
If West Ham sack bilic on 16:51 - Sep 27 with 1144 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 16:37 - Sep 27 by costalotta

Ah i see what you mean, my bad. F*ck him though as he's f*cked us!

You know what...what about a triumvirate of Curt, Angel and Britts? Would/could that be the way forward? Who knows, they may be better at it than the previous incumbent.

Just a thought.

You are spot on though and it seems when Laudrup was fired it was game over as far as HJ was concerned. He'd won the war!

With HJ we rust!

Why would we appoint 2 rookies (who may be key for us on the field this season) and put more pressure on a man who has said he doesn't want the top job?

We have a man in charge who knows how we want to play and seems quite capable of getting us to do it, but has his hands tied behind his back with the type of players in his squad. All the managers from Flynn to Laudrup made some astute signings. We started going to the wall when they were no longer allowed to. We won't start playing flowing, winning football under Britton and Rangel with this set of players. I'd rather let Guidolin loose with the transfer budget than anyone with no managerial experience, or HJ
If West Ham sack bilic on 16:58 - Sep 27 with 1137 viewsPrivate_Partz

If West Ham sack bilic on 16:51 - Sep 27 by jack247

Why would we appoint 2 rookies (who may be key for us on the field this season) and put more pressure on a man who has said he doesn't want the top job?

We have a man in charge who knows how we want to play and seems quite capable of getting us to do it, but has his hands tied behind his back with the type of players in his squad. All the managers from Flynn to Laudrup made some astute signings. We started going to the wall when they were no longer allowed to. We won't start playing flowing, winning football under Britton and Rangel with this set of players. I'd rather let Guidolin loose with the transfer budget than anyone with no managerial experience, or HJ

Shame I can only give you one up arrow for that one, Superb post.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:02 - Sep 27 with 1128 viewsDr_Winston

As much as I sympathise with Guidolin and agree that he's working with one hand tied behind his back so to speak, he's not entirely blameless for our struggles. There's a lot he could be doing better regardless of the players at his disposal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:06 - Sep 27 with 1116 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:02 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

As much as I sympathise with Guidolin and agree that he's working with one hand tied behind his back so to speak, he's not entirely blameless for our struggles. There's a lot he could be doing better regardless of the players at his disposal.

I don't disagree. He should be getting the best out of what he has got to work with and he certainly should be on top of any public displays of petulance from the players.

I really can't see Rangel and Leon, or Giggs, doing any better though.
If West Ham sack bilic on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 1108 viewsDr_Winston

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:06 - Sep 27 by jack247

I don't disagree. He should be getting the best out of what he has got to work with and he certainly should be on top of any public displays of petulance from the players.

I really can't see Rangel and Leon, or Giggs, doing any better though.

Absolutely agree with the last sentence.

You either stick with Guidolin or replace him with someone markedly better. Nobody markedly better will want to work under these conditions, so that's the market we're in.

Cheers Huw.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:17 - Sep 27 with 1094 viewsPrivate_Partz

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:02 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

I think he was wrong to give the club his support for the work that they had done in the transfer window. I understand why he did it but saying nothing would have been better. I am sure he would not have been so supportive if he could see what was coming round the corner.
Also we don't know how he has handled the discipline situation other than both players were dropped for the next match. Personally I prefer things like that to be kept in house rather than muscle flexing in the press.
He has not done a lot wrong for me. I recognise he still might not be the right appointment but that situation should surely be assessed once all our squad have had sufficient match time together and we have played those teams in 'our league'. For me that is around November, December time and not 6 games into the season after a run of very tough matches.
Anyways I will keep schtum on this point as I am repeating myself infinitum in various threads. It's boring me so Christ know what it is doing for the rest of you ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:26 - Sep 27 with 1073 viewscostalotta

Not sure you read and understood what I posted?

Nowhere did I say should curt, angel and britts should replace FG. It was HJ I was referring to. FG has been shafted IMO but I'm hopefull he will get us through this difficult period.... Again.

Excellent post by the way.
If West Ham sack bilic on 17:37 - Sep 27 with 1057 viewsDr_Winston

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:17 - Sep 27 by Private_Partz

I think he was wrong to give the club his support for the work that they had done in the transfer window. I understand why he did it but saying nothing would have been better. I am sure he would not have been so supportive if he could see what was coming round the corner.
Also we don't know how he has handled the discipline situation other than both players were dropped for the next match. Personally I prefer things like that to be kept in house rather than muscle flexing in the press.
He has not done a lot wrong for me. I recognise he still might not be the right appointment but that situation should surely be assessed once all our squad have had sufficient match time together and we have played those teams in 'our league'. For me that is around November, December time and not 6 games into the season after a run of very tough matches.
Anyways I will keep schtum on this point as I am repeating myself infinitum in various threads. It's boring me so Christ know what it is doing for the rest of you ;-)

It seems that Taylor has most definitely pissed on his chips. An ageing Rangel and an out of position Naughton playing ahead of him last Sat makes that abundantly clear. I suspect the wisdom of turning down £7m for Ki in the summer is being reflected upon by some too.

For me it's been disappointing to see the side so negative on the pitch in some games. It's possible that he's trying to change that mentality and getting nowhere with the players, but at the end of the day he has two exciting attacking weapons at his disposal in Montero and Barrow and I don't think they've started a game together this season (could be wrong on that).

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:39 - Sep 27 with 1055 viewsjack247

If West Ham sack bilic on 17:37 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

It seems that Taylor has most definitely pissed on his chips. An ageing Rangel and an out of position Naughton playing ahead of him last Sat makes that abundantly clear. I suspect the wisdom of turning down £7m for Ki in the summer is being reflected upon by some too.

For me it's been disappointing to see the side so negative on the pitch in some games. It's possible that he's trying to change that mentality and getting nowhere with the players, but at the end of the day he has two exciting attacking weapons at his disposal in Montero and Barrow and I don't think they've started a game together this season (could be wrong on that).

It's because he knows our fullbacks would be ripped apart.

Playing them both when we are chasing a game is logical. Not from the start though.
If West Ham sack bilic on 02:10 - Sep 29 with 974 viewsAussieSwan

IF West Ham sack Bilic, and IF we sack Guidolin - and they are both very big ifs - then I would take him in a heartbeat ahead of the other managers that we have been linked with. I think Bilic would be a fantastic man to take us forward, but whether he'd fit in with our current board structure I am not so sure. I also think Jenkins has to go, and a man like Bilic would (rightly) not want to have his hands tied by HJ.

But I don't want us to sack FG in the first place! Certainly not right now, not unless our results fall off a cliff like they did under Monk.

It's way too early in the season to do that, but it will make our club look even more shambolic if it does happen.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024