Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege 10:49 - Sep 27 with 3000 viewsLegend83

Did anyone catch this last night? What a bloody mess. Certainly made me stop and think how fortunate I am and that in reality, as much as everything Swans related is frustrating at the moment, in the grand scheme of things it's not important.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 10:53 - Sep 27 with 2994 viewsLegend83

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07xnzwp/panorama-aleppo-life-under-siege

For anyone who wants to put themselves through it.
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:20 - Sep 27 with 2974 viewsLeonisGod

I didn't see that, but the reports coming out from the bombing this weekend are sickening. Largest indiscriminate bombing campaign on a civilian population the UN has ever seen. Humanitarian efforts also being targeted. Reports of chlorine gas being used. Russians/Syrians seem adamant that it's justified to root out terrorists. The west/Saudi's adamant that they are war crimes and not justified.

A complete clusterf*ck.
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 2957 viewsdameedna

Aleppo was a beautiful, busy, vibrant city with good hospitality that was not entirely happy with government and Russian interests, which created a sinister atmosphere. It is bad that it turned out this way for the people who created one of the most intricate and fascinating trading hubs that others wanted to control. However it was coming and other countries stood by and let it happen under a Syrian regime that was undemocratic, totalitarian and Russian backed.
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:49 - Sep 27 with 2953 viewslifelong

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:20 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

I didn't see that, but the reports coming out from the bombing this weekend are sickening. Largest indiscriminate bombing campaign on a civilian population the UN has ever seen. Humanitarian efforts also being targeted. Reports of chlorine gas being used. Russians/Syrians seem adamant that it's justified to root out terrorists. The west/Saudi's adamant that they are war crimes and not justified.

A complete clusterf*ck.

The footage, on the news last night, of a man speaking to his son who was dead in a body bag... Horrific.
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:57 - Sep 27 with 2936 viewsLeonisGod

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:49 - Sep 27 by lifelong

The footage, on the news last night, of a man speaking to his son who was dead in a body bag... Horrific.

I didn't see that, but aren't they talking about 2-300 dead ver the weekend alone, about half of which are kids? Such a criminal waste of life.
Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 12:06 - Sep 27 with 2927 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Dreadful stuff

Fleeing in their thousands from this disaster absolute nightmare

We don't want them coming over here though

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 15:02 - Sep 27 with 2867 viewsdailew

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 12:06 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Dreadful stuff

Fleeing in their thousands from this disaster absolute nightmare

We don't want them coming over here though

You can house and feed a multitude more by spending the money on doing so in their own or neighbouring countries.

People like you make me sick. No compassion.

Looks better on Twätter though if you just want a token effort in bringing a few over to the UK.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:03]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 16:21 - Sep 27 with 2830 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 15:02 - Sep 27 by dailew

You can house and feed a multitude more by spending the money on doing so in their own or neighbouring countries.

People like you make me sick. No compassion.

Looks better on Twätter though if you just want a token effort in bringing a few over to the UK.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:03]

No compassion ?

Me ?

Facking hell Dai how long. Have you been on here now .

Or did it go over your head slightly ?

Login to get fewer ads

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 2809 viewsdailew

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 16:21 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

No compassion ?

Me ?

Facking hell Dai how long. Have you been on here now .

Or did it go over your head slightly ?

If you had compassion you'd want to help the maximum amount of people.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 18:23 - Sep 27 with 2768 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 17:03 - Sep 27 by dailew

If you had compassion you'd want to help the maximum amount of people.

I guess it did go over your head then .

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:12 - Sep 27 with 2744 viewsdailew

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 18:23 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Not at all.

You want to bring refugees over to the UK instead of spending the money helping far more of them in situ.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:26 - Sep 27 with 2732 viewsCatullus

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 18:23 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'm normally not the quickest but I got the sarcasm!

I was just about to say, these genuine refugees we should help, be it over here or in their country.
What we don't want are economic migrants and criminals using this awful situation to sneak in. And it does happen, by the thousand.
How do we sort out the deserving ftom the unwanted, that's something the government should be able to do, but they say there's no money. Probably because we're too busy buying bombs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:32 - Sep 27 with 2726 viewsdailew

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:26 - Sep 27 by Catullus

I was just about to say, these genuine refugees we should help, be it over here or in their country.
What we don't want are economic migrants and criminals using this awful situation to sneak in. And it does happen, by the thousand.
How do we sort out the deserving ftom the unwanted, that's something the government should be able to do, but they say there's no money. Probably because we're too busy buying bombs.

FFS So did I.

It was obvious he was implying he'd wants to bring them over - which is the most inefficient way of helping them.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:33 - Sep 27 with 2726 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:12 - Sep 27 by dailew

Not at all.

You want to bring refugees over to the UK instead of spending the money helping far more of them in situ.

And I have no compassion?

How come Dai ?

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:34 - Sep 27 with 2725 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:26 - Sep 27 by Catullus

Great post

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:40 - Sep 27 with 2719 viewsdailew

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:33 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

And I have no compassion?

How come Dai ?

Already explained why.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:58 - Sep 27 with 2703 viewsJack_Meoff

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:20 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

A complete clusterf*ck.

Saudi's engagement with Yemen at present and they're citing war crimes? The West, after Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya, are citing war crimes?!

Clusterf*ck doesn't come close. It's literally like living in a dodgy B Movie at the moment. Beam me up.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 20:40 - Sep 27 with 2682 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 19:58 - Sep 27 by Jack_Meoff

Saudi's engagement with Yemen at present and they're citing war crimes? The West, after Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya, are citing war crimes?!

Clusterf*ck doesn't come close. It's literally like living in a dodgy B Movie at the moment. Beam me up.

Spot on. The Saudi's get away with murder because they buy so mun military hardware from the west. Sickening hypocrisy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 21:05 - Sep 27 with 2671 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 20:40 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Spot on. The Saudi's get away with murder because they buy so mun military hardware from the west. Sickening hypocrisy

Saudi's are our friends mun

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:47 - Sep 28 with 2600 viewsCatullus

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 21:05 - Sep 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Saudi's are our friends mun

For my money they're our friends in so far as the old saying "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" but our government feels differently.

If it was my call I'd be at the United nations calling for sanctions and the UK would have absolutely no dealings with Saudi at all.
It's not just Yemen, the way they treat people in their own country is appalling. Recently it was reported they were going to behead a teenger for Apostasy, his crime was to speak out against the government. And there's this link too, The Saudi's are legalised murderers.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8

Of course, being good Muslims, they're not averse to a bit of corruption to make themselves some extra dosh either....

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/saudi-arabia

It stinks, they stink.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 2576 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 11:47 - Sep 28 by Catullus

For my money they're our friends in so far as the old saying "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" but our government feels differently.

If it was my call I'd be at the United nations calling for sanctions and the UK would have absolutely no dealings with Saudi at all.
It's not just Yemen, the way they treat people in their own country is appalling. Recently it was reported they were going to behead a teenger for Apostasy, his crime was to speak out against the government. And there's this link too, The Saudi's are legalised murderers.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8

Of course, being good Muslims, they're not averse to a bit of corruption to make themselves some extra dosh either....

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/saudi-arabia

It stinks, they stink.

Superb post

It all stinks

It's all about money & power

Panorama: Aleppo - Life Under Siege on 13:44 - Sep 28 with 2568 viewsperchrockjack

Refugees .no problem

Financial chancers ,nope.

Britain has a proud history of taking in refugees ,many from communist bloc hell holes like Hungary in 56.
It's not fair on genuine refugees to have those clinging on to their cost tails

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024