Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any doggy peeps here 17:58 - Sep 27 with 2648 viewsmax936

that know any decent Doberman breeders, probably left it a bit late in the year now, but there maybe a few decent pups about worth a look.

Please PM me if you are aware of any, TA.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 17:59]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Any doggy peeps here on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 1219 viewspremierjack

Go on champdogs website. Will bring up all registered kc reg breeders I think.
Any doggy peeps here on 19:15 - Sep 27 with 1193 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 18:44 - Sep 27 by premierjack

Go on champdogs website. Will bring up all registered kc reg breeders I think.

Yeah, been on there, there's nobody local they're all up Country, we had our other one from Dover, don't fancy going to far for our new one, been in touch with a few people safternoon hopefully I'll have some feed back from them, I trust them to purchase one for me as well, although I would prefer to select one myself, but the people I know in the Doberman club are very good, pity that I've left it so late in the year, as Amazon Dobermans had pups back in July and they breed the father of my last dog Max he was a beauty, excellent dog as well.

Any doggy peeps here on 20:09 - Sep 27 with 1167 viewsSwanjaxs

Took my Red Setter for his annual inoculations today and the vet mentioned you hardly ever see red setters anymore or Dobermans for that matter...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Any doggy peeps here on 20:28 - Sep 27 with 1138 viewsGowerjack

Any doggy peeps here on 20:09 - Sep 27 by Swanjaxs

Took my Red Setter for his annual inoculations today and the vet mentioned you hardly ever see red setters anymore or Dobermans for that matter...

Red Setters are lovely dogs .

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Any doggy peeps here on 20:30 - Sep 27 with 1135 viewsDarran

Max you must be mad my friend,I'm definitely having a doggie break after these two here now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Any doggy peeps here on 20:38 - Sep 27 with 1127 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 20:28 - Sep 27 by Gowerjack

Red Setters are lovely dogs .

Absolutely, brilliant with children but also sometimes too trusting, mine is always going over to other dogs not realising not all other dogs want to play

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Any doggy peeps here on 20:48 - Sep 27 with 1113 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any doggy peeps here on 20:30 - Sep 27 by Darran

Max you must be mad my friend,I'm definitely having a doggie break after these two here now.

Why?

Poll: Tory leader

Any doggy peeps here on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 1108 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 20:48 - Sep 27 by exiledclaseboy

Why?

Need a break always looking for someone to watch them etc.
Can't go anywhere for any length of time.

I'll definitely have dogs in the future but we are having a break.

Login to get fewer ads

Any doggy peeps here on 20:52 - Sep 27 with 1103 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any doggy peeps here on 20:50 - Sep 27 by Darran

Need a break always looking for someone to watch them etc.
Can't go anywhere for any length of time.

I'll definitely have dogs in the future but we are having a break.

Your two have got years in them yet though, surely?

Poll: Tory leader

Any doggy peeps here on 20:54 - Sep 27 with 1100 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 20:52 - Sep 27 by exiledclaseboy

Your two have got years in them yet though, surely?

Hopefully.

Any doggy peeps here on 21:02 - Sep 27 with 1090 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 20:30 - Sep 27 by Darran

House just ain't the same, I thought I'd got over missing Maxy, but its been nearly a year now and its time, house is cleaner mind with his hair muddy paws and the doggy smell in the damp weather, but that's the point I've been home in the house for over a week now and its made me notice the massive void that's here, plus I'm missing the walks.

Perhaps I need a few beers

Any doggy peeps here on 21:25 - Sep 27 with 1075 viewsGowerjack

Any doggy peeps here on 20:54 - Sep 27 by Darran

Hopefully.

What dogs have you got Dar?

We have Border Terriers

[IMG] http://i66.tinypic.com/34qn29c.jpg[/IMG]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Any doggy peeps here on 21:32 - Sep 27 with 1069 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 20:09 - Sep 27 by Swanjaxs

Waste of time and money......you're probably doing more harm than good to your dog by inoculating it every year.

Love Red Setters, beautiful looking dogs.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Any doggy peeps here on 22:14 - Sep 27 with 1051 viewsSwanzay

http://www.manytearsrescue.org/dogslookingforhomes.php
Any doggy peeps here on 23:41 - Sep 27 with 1023 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 21:32 - Sep 27 by Flashberryjack

Waste of time and money......you're probably doing more harm than good to your dog by inoculating it every year.

Love Red Setters, beautiful looking dogs.

Really! !! News to me that 😕 your a vet I presume?

Any doggy peeps here on 12:23 - Sep 28 with 939 viewsTrundle10

Any doggy peeps here on 23:41 - Sep 27 by Swanjaxs

he is right, waste of money. once you are inoculated you are inoculated. A new fangled money spinner from the robbing barstewards we call vets.

did you have a tb jab in school? Do you have a booster every year?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 12:24]
Any doggy peeps here on 12:26 - Sep 28 with 936 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 23:41 - Sep 27 by Swanjaxs

Really !! Do you get vaccinated every year ?

You presume wrongly......but if I were a vet I'd certainly be advising gullible dog owners to vaccinate every year, I'd probably have a very expensive Range Rover to maintain.

Do a little research on it , I think you'll be surprised.

Hello

Any doggy peeps here on 13:50 - Sep 28 with 909 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 12:26 - Sep 28 by Flashberryjack

You presume wrongly......but if I were a vet I'd certainly be advising gullible dog owners to vaccinate every year, I'd probably have a very expensive Range Rover to maintain.

Thanks for your advice but I'll do what I feel fit 👍

Any doggy peeps here on 13:56 - Sep 28 with 907 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 12:26 - Sep 28 by Flashberryjack

You're right about yearly vaccinations depending on what you read or listen to some "doggy" experts, most vets and kennels will tell you that it is absolutely necessary and for piece of mind most of us would have our pals inoculated yearly, I always have mostly because the fear of something happening due to me not bothering, but I really think regular worming is the one essential thing to do and definitely the Kennel cough treatment if you are gonna kennel the dog to have a holiday.

What I have found out since we lost our Dobe last year is the real worry and the need to have annual checks and echo scans/screening done regarding the deadly Dilated Cardio myopathy disease, each pedigree breed have some faults in their makeup and its really important to find out what they are, unfortunately there's no screening available for new born pups as a pup can be totally clear and then develop the problem later in life even as young as 3, its a serious critical worry for the breed, the Americans seem to be far more aware though and regularly screen their dogs even twice a year or more as the dog gets older, some Doberman breeders haven't even heard of the Disease and that is the biggest worry as they should know most of whats needed to know regarding the breed the breed from.

Unfortunately Dobes are not the only large breed that suffer from that awful disease, so anyone out there who own a large breed of dog, look into it and get you pal checked out, because without any prior knowledge you can suddenly just see him/her just drop dead, I found out to my cost that Max did have a few tell-tale signs, which I never realised were signs of ill health as I put the signs down to old age seeing as he was 11yrs old.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:22]

Any doggy peeps here on 14:29 - Sep 28 with 888 viewsSwanjaxs

Any doggy peeps here on 13:56 - Sep 28 by max936

You're right about yearly vaccinations depending on what you read or listen to some "doggy" experts, most vets and kennels will tell you that it is absolutely necessary and for piece of mind most of us would have our pals inoculated yearly, I always have mostly because the fear of something happening due to me not bothering, but I really think regular worming is the one essential thing to do and definitely the Kennel cough treatment if you are gonna kennel the dog to have a holiday.

What I have found out since we lost our Dobe last year is the real worry and the need to have annual checks and echo scans/screening done regarding the deadly Dilated Cardio myopathy disease, each pedigree breed have some faults in their makeup and its really important to find out what they are, unfortunately there's no screening available for new born pups as a pup can be totally clear and then develop the problem later in life even as young as 3, its a serious critical worry for the breed, the Americans seem to be far more aware though and regularly screen their dogs even twice a year or more as the dog gets older, some Doberman breeders haven't even heard of the Disease and that is the biggest worry as they should know most of whats needed to know regarding the breed the breed from.

Unfortunately Dobes are not the only large breed that suffer from that awful disease, so anyone out there who own a large breed of dog, look into it and get you pal checked out, because without any prior knowledge you can suddenly just see him/her just drop dead, I found out to my cost that Max did have a few tell-tale signs, which I never realised were signs of ill health as I put the signs down to old age seeing as he was 11yrs old.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:22]

Excellent advice my friend 👍 also most kennels will not except a dog without an up to date vaccination log, anyway hope you will soon be having many more adventures with your next man's best friend 🐶

Any doggy peeps here on 14:37 - Sep 28 with 881 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 14:29 - Sep 28 by Swanjaxs

Excellent advice my friend 👍 also most kennels will not except a dog without an up to date vaccination log, anyway hope you will soon be having many more adventures with your next man's best friend 🐶

Cheers, got a feeling that its gonna take a while to get what I want, most breeders breed their dogs from spring/late spring going by the reputable breeders that I have spoken to over the last day or so, spoke to some who don't fill me with much confidence as I can virtually see their eyes with pounds/shillings and pence in them with not really knowing what the breed is about just something I sense after asking them some questions, which is very sad, that said breeders undoubtedly get timewasters phoning them so I might be generalising there.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:42]

Any doggy peeps here on 14:44 - Sep 28 with 865 viewsDarran

Any doggy peeps here on 21:25 - Sep 27 by Gowerjack

What dogs have you got Dar?

We have Border Terriers

[IMG] http://i66.tinypic.com/34qn29c.jpg[/IMG]

A Chorkie and a Maltese.

Any doggy peeps here on 15:10 - Sep 28 with 848 viewsFlashberryjack

Any doggy peeps here on 13:50 - Sep 28 by Swanjaxs

Of course you will......just pointing out that yearly vaccination is unnecessary, but hey! you crack on mate.

Hello

Any doggy peeps here on 09:09 - Sep 30 with 767 viewsTrundle10

Any doggy peeps here on 13:50 - Sep 28 by Swanjaxs

A fool and his money...........
Any doggy peeps here on 09:48 - Sep 30 with 752 viewsmax936

Any doggy peeps here on 09:09 - Sep 30 by Trundle10

A fool and his money...........

Pro's and Con's of Annual inoculations for Dogs and Cats

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/general/vaccinating

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/depth-annual-dog-vaccination-dangers

Lots say that they only need to be repeated every 2 to 3 yrs yet RSPCA say that they should be repeated every year.

There seems to be no clear answer one way or the other.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024