Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HJ meetsanother yank 18:52 - Sep 27 with 7224 viewssully49

As reported on the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

HJ meetsanother yank on 21:00 - Sep 27 with 2062 viewsFireboy

HJ meetsanother yank on 20:49 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

Really?

Right back to the January window where we sold Graham leaving us with just one striker for the rest of the season we've been slow to act and react in the transfer market. The cack handed way we carried out the (justified) dismissal of Laudrup, the shambles over replacing him and then his eventual successor all point to a club directorship increasingly losing it's way over the last 3/4 years regardless of new influences.

Imo I think the way this managerial charade is being played out in the media atm far usurps the Laudrup fiasco and the recent transfer window where we sold our captain and best defender and arguably our best player without really replacing them is probably our worst transfer phase since being in the PL

But that's just my opinion
HJ meetsanother yank on 21:01 - Sep 27 with 2060 viewsdougie

HJ meetsanother yank on 20:49 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston

Really?

Right back to the January window where we sold Graham leaving us with just one striker for the rest of the season we've been slow to act and react in the transfer market. The cack handed way we carried out the (justified) dismissal of Laudrup, the shambles over replacing him and then his eventual successor all point to a club directorship increasingly losing it's way over the last 3/4 years regardless of new influences.

My take is our board used to work as a team. They may not have agreed on some things but they all had the same goal. A little like a football team. Over the last few years a certain person has gained too much control, become dictorial and we are now seeing the result. The equilibrium and balance of the board got lost and with it sadly the club. The minority shareholders and directors who weren't shareholders brought some sense to proceedings. That's all gone now and we have the same dictator and a few guys from across the pond who believe in everything he says ( best signing = Huw Jenkins according to Jason Levien ) .
HJ meetsanother yank on 21:03 - Sep 27 with 2059 viewsSmellyplumz

HJ meetsanother yank on 20:32 - Sep 27 by icecoldjack

Shambles from top to bottom at the moment. If it's this bad up top it will keep filtering down to the squad.

Hope I'm wrong but I think we've been royally shafted by huw and Co. Most here including myself have been happy to let things go and give the new people a chance, unfortunately , it's all looking very very predictable.

Empty press conference.
Trust apparently in the dark.
No investment or money shown.
None of the new sky money invested.
3 biggest wage earners moved on.
players only signed when funds were brought in from sales.

The list is growing fast. I live in hope but can't help but think the club is in a very very nasty place put there by people who called themselves custodians of scfc. Sad stuff.

Your not wrong this is exactly what has and is happening, royally shat on by the board.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 21:04]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

HJ meetsanother yank on 21:25 - Sep 27 with 2001 viewsKilkennyjack

HJ meetsanother yank on 20:32 - Sep 27 by icecoldjack

Shambles from top to bottom at the moment. If it's this bad up top it will keep filtering down to the squad.

Hope I'm wrong but I think we've been royally shafted by huw and Co. Most here including myself have been happy to let things go and give the new people a chance, unfortunately , it's all looking very very predictable.

Empty press conference.
Trust apparently in the dark.
No investment or money shown.
None of the new sky money invested.
3 biggest wage earners moved on.
players only signed when funds were brought in from sales.

The list is growing fast. I live in hope but can't help but think the club is in a very very nasty place put there by people who called themselves custodians of scfc. Sad stuff.

Spot on.

Beware of the Risen People

HJ meetsanother yank on 21:50 - Sep 27 with 1954 views34dfgdf54

As people on here predicted, I'm pretty certain things are going to turn nasty. I do not condone any of that, just to be clear.

I know it's the old argument of we are giving managers a chance in the premier league, blah blah, simple fact is, no one with any sort of reputation, ambition would work for Huw. He's been found out. He needs to go, and his mates have got to follow.
HJ meetsanother yank on 22:49 - Sep 27 with 1883 viewscostalotta

HJ meetsanother yank on 19:31 - Sep 27 by Griffting

If, and that's a big if, we get Bradley in, to me it would scream desperation from the board. They realise they've f*cked up in the transfer window and want someone to come in who plays possibly effective but not exactly positive football in an attempt to hide our deficiencies and keep us out of danger.

Isn't that the default setting for FG? And didn't he do just that when he first came in last season?
HJ meetsanother yank on 22:52 - Sep 27 with 1873 viewsLeonisGod

HJ meetsanother yank on 21:50 - Sep 27 by 34dfgdf54

As people on here predicted, I'm pretty certain things are going to turn nasty. I do not condone any of that, just to be clear.

I know it's the old argument of we are giving managers a chance in the premier league, blah blah, simple fact is, no one with any sort of reputation, ambition would work for Huw. He's been found out. He needs to go, and his mates have got to follow.

Who are his mates?
HJ meetsanother yank on 08:31 - Sep 28 with 1720 viewsSwansNZ

HJ meetsanother yank on 20:08 - Sep 27 by Fireboy

Can't believe that some people think that huw has any say in anything to do with the club anymore

Hes just a puppet for the yanks

The lack of signings and the sheeite flying around re a new manager supports this

This would have never happened before these leeches took over

If Huw had no say or thought this was not a good idea, he would not have stick around, I've heard he's not short of a bob or two. Then again, he stopped putting the club first some time back.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

HJ meetsanother yank on 11:23 - Sep 28 with 1664 viewsCatullus

HJ meetsanother yank on 08:31 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

If Huw had no say or thought this was not a good idea, he would not have stick around, I've heard he's not short of a bob or two. Then again, he stopped putting the club first some time back.

I'm with SwansNZ and Dougie on this. I don't think the Americans want us to fail, get relegated. There is no money for them in the Championship and our squad isn't really worth that much. We won't have Premier teams banging down our doors to buy our players if w go down.
I think the fault lays with Jenkins and the trust the Americans have placed in him. Jenkins has lost the thread somewhere along the line. Quite probably the moment he decided to cash in AND keep his position at the club.
His livelihood no longer depends on Swansea staying up, he has money in the bank and a regular wage. The accounts show he got over £516,000 a year before the takeover. Now he's sold shares AND still has a paid position he doesn't need to worry, his ship has long since come in!
I've said it before, Jenkins needs to go. I used to support him and the board. But the sale has upset the equilibrium of the club. Decisions are slow to come and often look strange. Our transfer dealings were very poor. The squad is unbalanced and weaker in some positions. New contracts given to players we should have moved on (Dyer definitely should have gone, Routledge, KI and with hindsight Taylor too) and we have a manager who I think could do a good job if backed is getting a roasting. These stories in the press, if true and meetings have happened, are a disgrace.
2 months into the season and we look a shambles. Levein and Kaplan have to do something. Otherwise we will do an Aston Villa. We'll struggle to stay up, gradually fading into the inevitable relegation.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

HJ meetsanother yank on 12:04 - Sep 28 with 1644 viewsFireboy

HJ meetsanother yank on 11:23 - Sep 28 by Catullus

I'm with SwansNZ and Dougie on this. I don't think the Americans want us to fail, get relegated. There is no money for them in the Championship and our squad isn't really worth that much. We won't have Premier teams banging down our doors to buy our players if w go down.
I think the fault lays with Jenkins and the trust the Americans have placed in him. Jenkins has lost the thread somewhere along the line. Quite probably the moment he decided to cash in AND keep his position at the club.
His livelihood no longer depends on Swansea staying up, he has money in the bank and a regular wage. The accounts show he got over £516,000 a year before the takeover. Now he's sold shares AND still has a paid position he doesn't need to worry, his ship has long since come in!
I've said it before, Jenkins needs to go. I used to support him and the board. But the sale has upset the equilibrium of the club. Decisions are slow to come and often look strange. Our transfer dealings were very poor. The squad is unbalanced and weaker in some positions. New contracts given to players we should have moved on (Dyer definitely should have gone, Routledge, KI and with hindsight Taylor too) and we have a manager who I think could do a good job if backed is getting a roasting. These stories in the press, if true and meetings have happened, are a disgrace.
2 months into the season and we look a shambles. Levein and Kaplan have to do something. Otherwise we will do an Aston Villa. We'll struggle to stay up, gradually fading into the inevitable relegation.

Fantastic post and it perfectly sums up our position

Let's hope we can play as well as we did last Saturday because if we do we will stay up
HJ meetsanother yank on 13:12 - Sep 28 with 1601 viewstomdickharry

Great post.
HJ meetsanother yank on 13:23 - Sep 28 with 1586 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Paul clement

Everyone's favourite last year

Wheres he gone ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

HJ meetsanother yank on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 1568 viewsharryhpalmer

HJ meetsanother yank on 13:23 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Paul clement

Wheres he gone ?

Bayern Munich, working with Ancelotti again

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

HJ meetsanother yank on 14:14 - Sep 28 with 1525 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

HJ meetsanother yank on 13:32 - Sep 28 by harryhpalmer

Bayern Munich, working with Ancelotti again

Must be a top coach fair play

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

HJ meetsanother yank on 17:59 - Sep 28 with 1421 views34dfgdf54

Good post.

If mistakes are made, then it's understandable. However, I no longer believe Jenkins and co are making decisions for the benefit of the football club, and I think that's been the case since we had the end of the UEFA cup season where we looked in danger for a part of the season.

I may be wrong, but I think when Phil and the rest of the trust decide to go public with what has gone on, the sh*t is going to hit the fan big time.

The Guidolin situation is absolutely disgraceful. Football is a harsh game, managers come and go, but this just doesn't right with me, no class whatsoever. Not the way I'd expect Swansea City to act.
HJ meetsanother yank on 18:18 - Sep 28 with 1278 viewsSwansNZ

HJ meetsanother yank on 13:23 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Paul clement

Wheres he gone ?

Who gives a f*ck? We've got a manager.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

HJ meetsanother yank on 23:26 - Sep 28 with 1188 viewsRogerstone

Ive heard a few rumors about the commercial side of the club and how the americans aren't happy with the way things are run. Might just be bull tho

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

HJ meetsanother yank on 23:29 - Sep 28 with 1183 viewsLeonisGod

HJ meetsanother yank on 23:26 - Sep 28 by Rogerstone

Ive heard a few rumors about the commercial side of the club and how the americans aren't happy with the way things are run. Might just be bull tho

There's a Frankie & Bennys next door. What more do they want?
HJ meetsanother yank on 23:48 - Sep 28 with 1167 viewsCatullus

HJ meetsanother yank on 23:29 - Sep 28 by LeonisGod

There's a Frankie & Bennys next door. What more do they want?

A Charlie's steak house, possibly an Outback if Charlies won't come. Maybe a Denny's for breakfast.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024