Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where realistically did we expect to be? 11:36 - Sep 28 with 2711 viewsaberhugh

When I looked at the opening six fixtures I thought we would do well to have six points. A win against Burnley and Hull and then we would be in for a really rough ride.
Leicester away, home of the champions.
Chelsea revitalised under a new manager.
Southampton rarely a team we do well against.
Man City with Guardiola are by far the best side in the country.
I was disappointed by our lack of guile against Hull, appalled at the Southampton performance. However, encouraged by our fight against Chelsea and pleased with our efforts in the City game.
Should FG be sacked for being two points off target??
Now Liverpool and Arsenal? Any points would be great, we have done it before but again who will be really suprised if we get nothing and maybe a spanking from one?
After these fixtures then assess FG. I would be amazed if any other man could have performed significantly better.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:56 - Sep 28 with 591 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:48 - Sep 28 by JackBishop

Correct. But do you really expect with what he has got to be in anytging other than a relegation battle?
Get rid of your main warrior and top goal scorer is asking for trouble. Ash and Ayew have not been replaced.
We should be perhaps two points better off.
However, a must for me is to play Britton every game. He tidies up so much mess, starts attacks takes the pressure off defence a great player.

Ayew been replaced by Baston.

We've brought 2 centre halfs in .

Guido isn't getting the best out of his squad

Performances have been ok at best & pi$$ poor .

The buck stops with the manager he needs to get it sorted or be sacked

It's as simple as that .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:57 - Sep 28 with 581 viewsjasper_T

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:49 - Sep 28 by Darran

Well I'd have expected to beat Hull at home if I'm honest.

A manager shouldn't be sacked for one bad result.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:59 - Sep 28 with 577 viewsDarran

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:57 - Sep 28 by jasper_T

I can't recall saying that actually.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:00 - Sep 28 with 576 viewsjasper_T

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:59 - Sep 28 by Darran

I can't recall saying that actually.

I know, I did.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:04 - Sep 28 with 571 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:57 - Sep 28 by jasper_T

It's not just one result though is it Jasper.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:05 - Sep 28 with 570 viewsmorristonboy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:53 - Sep 28 by Darran

You get three for a win Butt.

Read the original thread BUTT. Aberhugh said we are two points off where he expected us to be. I fully endorse his point of view. Do the maths son.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:41 - Sep 28 with 531 viewsmorristonboy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:56 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's as simple as that .

Baston - injured not played apart from a cameo appearance.
Despite what the Ash haters on here say he was top notch for us.
So no they are not yet replaced.
How many points did you realistically expect after our run of fixtures? I think 6 got 4 give him the sack for being 2 points off?
When FG got the job I do not recall a manager I really wanted being linked with the post.
Personally I would have stuck with Curt. Unfortunately he would then have been crucified on here when he hit his first sticky patch. A nice man perhaps he should not put himself through all the hassle.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:48 - Sep 28 with 525 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:41 - Sep 28 by morristonboy

How many points did you realistically expect after our run of fixtures? I think 6 got 4 give him the sack for being 2 points off?
When FG got the job I do not recall a manager I really wanted being linked with the post.
Personally I would have stuck with Curt. Unfortunately he would then have been crucified on here when he hit his first sticky patch. A nice man perhaps he should not put himself through all the hassle.

Yes he's been injured but your are saying we didn't replace Ayew & we have .

We'd need a huge player to replace I don't want to play for swansea any more Williams ( I'm his biggest fan boy by the way ) tough to get one in with his pedigree .

The performances are poor
Team selection poor
Tactics poor

Improve or get sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:52 - Sep 28 with 518 viewsMurph75

I can't see the fuss with Ayew. He never fitted in to how we used to play. Great to get him off the wage bill and 20 million for him was day light robbery.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:03 - Sep 28 with 508 viewsdobjack2

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:56 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's as simple as that .

Disagree about ayew.

He has been replaced by dyer, most of the fee for Ayew has been spent on Baston who has replaced Gomis.

Ayew was signed as a goal scoring winger and played in the middle because Gomis was
Gomis

Although he unbalanced the team ayew scored goals, something dyer rarely does. We may have strengthened one area but now have little goal scoring threat from our wide players.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:36 - Sep 28 with 484 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:03 - Sep 28 by dobjack2

Disagree about ayew.

He has been replaced by dyer, most of the fee for Ayew has been spent on Baston who has replaced Gomis.

Ayew was signed as a goal scoring winger and played in the middle because Gomis was
Gomis

Although he unbalanced the team ayew scored goals, something dyer rarely does. We may have strengthened one area but now have little goal scoring threat from our wide players.

He doesn't pick wide players

Ayew played up top in his best displays
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 16:43]

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:49 - Sep 28 with 466 viewsKilkennyjack

Points wise the Hull result has piled on pressure. 2 wins and a draw and its a different place to be.

Beware of the Risen People

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:55 - Sep 28 with 453 viewsvetchonian

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:48 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yes he's been injured but your are saying we didn't replace Ayew & we have .

We'd need a huge player to replace I don't want to play for swansea any more Williams ( I'm his biggest fan boy by the way ) tough to get one in with his pedigree .

The performances are poor
Team selection poor
Tactics poor

Improve or get sacked

Give the guy a break....Im not his biggest fan but we had no preseason to work with the squad proper with late siginings and key players being at the Euros added to the departure late in the window of key players.
FG has been "trialling" formations on the fly contributing to performance issues and key players off form (Siggy,Cork to name but two). I question FGs tactics yes he is too defensive at times setting up not to lose but I would not have accused him of this on Saturday.
He obviously like most on here has little confidence in Taylor hence playing Naughts at left back who I thought had a stormer...he recognises neither Mo or Jeff help their fullbacks so leaving them exposed ( for all the critisicsm of Dyer and Routs during the "Swansea way footballing years they played rhier part in this when we didnt have the ball) so hence why they dont both start or sometimes neither starts as Saturday.
He puzzles me over his susbtitutions I thought on Saturday that after about 10 mins of the second half we needed some fresh legs and pace maybe the second goal could have been avioded if he had changed things sooner who knows?
But to be calling for his head already.....Funny you dont see the same clamour in the media for Moyles, Billic who are in the relegation zone and looking dire sides!
The Hull result was a dissapointment but remember Phelan is no mug he spent many years at Fergies side so he knows how to make things work and knows the premier league FG is still learning.. Leicester well there are the current champions and 2-1 was one of our better results against them in recent years, Southampton less said the better yes if we have not improved by end of October then all this talk of replacing him can be heard but really even the great Mikey Laudrup would have not had a better start in the same circumstances

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:56 - Sep 28 with 457 viewsmonmouth

I don't think any of this has any real relevance at all. The only thing that matters with a manager (in football or business) is whether he carries the confidence of his employers and his team in doing his day to day job. We get to see none of that. For all way know he comes in and farts in everyone's face and makes them darn his socks (I would bet my house he doesn't but you get my point). How he does his job will lead decision makers into a view of whether results are sustainable, or will get better or get worse. Or whether they think there is a better option available.

To be 'for' or 'against' Guidolin is pointless unless you have the full picture. I'll say again, it's the way the club is behaving that is getting my goat, not any decision they make on FG. I reckon we might get better than him, we might get worse. He's hardly Pep Guardiola. But lets see how Jenkins likes it when the Jerrycans start publicly rubbishing him on the sly, because sure as night follows day, they will.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:01 - Sep 28 with 448 viewsJackBishop

Apart from one response to the original thread who said what his points tally would be. Nobody else has said clearly game by game what points we should be on.
FG is about two points below realistic expectations. So, sack him for this?
I do not think it will be much better after the next two games. How many of yoy really expect any wins or draws in the next two? Do we sack him when we are still on four points after the next two?
Performance is everything in the next two. Then we should expect points in the next fixtures. If not then time to appoint another.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:07 - Sep 28 with 358 viewsvetchonian

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:56 - Sep 28 by monmouth

I don't think any of this has any real relevance at all. The only thing that matters with a manager (in football or business) is whether he carries the confidence of his employers and his team in doing his day to day job. We get to see none of that. For all way know he comes in and farts in everyone's face and makes them darn his socks (I would bet my house he doesn't but you get my point). How he does his job will lead decision makers into a view of whether results are sustainable, or will get better or get worse. Or whether they think there is a better option available.

To be 'for' or 'against' Guidolin is pointless unless you have the full picture. I'll say again, it's the way the club is behaving that is getting my goat, not any decision they make on FG. I reckon we might get better than him, we might get worse. He's hardly Pep Guardiola. But lets see how Jenkins likes it when the Jerrycans start publicly rubbishing him on the sly, because sure as night follows day, they will.

Well said Mony
The biggest issue is who is leaking this stuff to the press about meetings with other managers, the club are not helping FG...when you know your boss has no confidence in you then it drives your beahviour a certain way

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:13 - Sep 28 with 349 viewsdobjack2

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:36 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

He doesn't pick wide players

Ayew played up top in his best displays
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 16:43]

Agree that his best displays were up top but we signed him to provide goals from out wide.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:13 - Sep 28 with 349 viewsLeonisGod

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:52 - Sep 28 by Murph75

I can't see the fuss with Ayew. He never fitted in to how we used to play. Great to get him off the wage bill and 20 million for him was day light robbery.

Goals. Pure and simple. I agree that he never fitted into how we thought we should be playing, but his energy rate and goals papered over the cracks last season.

If we don't replace his goals, the £20 m fee will be peanuts compared to what we lose if relegated.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:21 - Sep 28 with 330 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 16:55 - Sep 28 by vetchonian

Give the guy a break....Im not his biggest fan but we had no preseason to work with the squad proper with late siginings and key players being at the Euros added to the departure late in the window of key players.
FG has been "trialling" formations on the fly contributing to performance issues and key players off form (Siggy,Cork to name but two). I question FGs tactics yes he is too defensive at times setting up not to lose but I would not have accused him of this on Saturday.
He obviously like most on here has little confidence in Taylor hence playing Naughts at left back who I thought had a stormer...he recognises neither Mo or Jeff help their fullbacks so leaving them exposed ( for all the critisicsm of Dyer and Routs during the "Swansea way footballing years they played rhier part in this when we didnt have the ball) so hence why they dont both start or sometimes neither starts as Saturday.
He puzzles me over his susbtitutions I thought on Saturday that after about 10 mins of the second half we needed some fresh legs and pace maybe the second goal could have been avioded if he had changed things sooner who knows?
But to be calling for his head already.....Funny you dont see the same clamour in the media for Moyles, Billic who are in the relegation zone and looking dire sides!
The Hull result was a dissapointment but remember Phelan is no mug he spent many years at Fergies side so he knows how to make things work and knows the premier league FG is still learning.. Leicester well there are the current champions and 2-1 was one of our better results against them in recent years, Southampton less said the better yes if we have not improved by end of October then all this talk of replacing him can be heard but really even the great Mikey Laudrup would have not had a better start in the same circumstances

So you basically can see it as well.
I'm not calling for his head .
I've said improve or get sacked.

I really real!y hope we beat Liverpool ,with no pace in the team at home you can kiss those 3 pts goodbye

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:22 - Sep 28 with 328 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:13 - Sep 28 by LeonisGod

Goals. Pure and simple. I agree that he never fitted into how we thought we should be playing, but his energy rate and goals papered over the cracks last season.

If we don't replace his goals, the £20 m fee will be peanuts compared to what we lose if relegated.

Both Llorente and Borja have goals in them which they've proven over the last few seasons.

All that's missing is a manger who can pick a team and set it up to get goals out of them.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:22 - Sep 28 with 328 viewstomdickharry

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 15:41 - Sep 28 by morristonboy

If our new owners really meant to show that they care for our club they would appoint Curt to the Board as an Executive Director with executive powers to Manage after liaison with the Club Coach all aspects of player recruitment to the Premier League Squad,with those same powers extending to players who wished to leave or have their contracts reviewed by mutual agreement with the club. Think a role of this type might be attractive to the great man.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:24 - Sep 28 with 324 viewsaberhugh

Not the biggest fan of Ayew. However, he scored goals.
People rub their hands with gle at 32M for him and Ash not worth much in the division below.
We should have told both that they are contracted to us and get on with it!
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:25 - Sep 28 with 318 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:22 - Sep 28 by tomdickharry

If our new owners really meant to show that they care for our club they would appoint Curt to the Board as an Executive Director with executive powers to Manage after liaison with the Club Coach all aspects of player recruitment to the Premier League Squad,with those same powers extending to players who wished to leave or have their contracts reviewed by mutual agreement with the club. Think a role of this type might be attractive to the great man.

What makes you think he's even capable of doing that?
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:25 - Sep 28 with 316 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:24 - Sep 28 by aberhugh

Not the biggest fan of Ayew. However, he scored goals.
People rub their hands with gle at 32M for him and Ash not worth much in the division below.
We should have told both that they are contracted to us and get on with it!

They wanted out

Not much we can do about it these days

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:27 - Sep 28 with 311 viewsLeonisGod

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:22 - Sep 28 by Murph75

Both Llorente and Borja have goals in them which they've proven over the last few seasons.

All that's missing is a manger who can pick a team and set it up to get goals out of them.

Yeah, I hope. Although Llorente is hardly prolific. We'd had about 7 or 8 goals out of Ayew and Gomis by this time last season, so they're going to have to up their game a bit, as apart from Siggy I don't see where else they are going to come from (ok Borja needs to get on the pitch first). I doubt Fer will carry on as he has been, if last season is anything to go by.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024