Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where realistically did we expect to be? 11:36 - Sep 28 with 2710 viewsaberhugh

When I looked at the opening six fixtures I thought we would do well to have six points. A win against Burnley and Hull and then we would be in for a really rough ride.
Leicester away, home of the champions.
Chelsea revitalised under a new manager.
Southampton rarely a team we do well against.
Man City with Guardiola are by far the best side in the country.
I was disappointed by our lack of guile against Hull, appalled at the Southampton performance. However, encouraged by our fight against Chelsea and pleased with our efforts in the City game.
Should FG be sacked for being two points off target??
Now Liverpool and Arsenal? Any points would be great, we have done it before but again who will be really suprised if we get nothing and maybe a spanking from one?
After these fixtures then assess FG. I would be amazed if any other man could have performed significantly better.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:32 - Sep 28 with 542 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:22 - Sep 28 by Murph75

Both Llorente and Borja have goals in them which they've proven over the last few seasons.

All that's missing is a manger who can pick a team and set it up to get goals out of them.

Not in the Premier League and it is acknowledged that even top strikers sometimes struggle with the pace and physicality of the game here. Some never make it, some take at least half a season to adjust and a few hit the ground running.

It was a massive risk to go into the season without a striker with some sort of Premier league pedigree. We're all praying Baston hits the ground running because if he doesn't we'll be in very deep trouble by January.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:40 - Sep 28 with 526 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:32 - Sep 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Not in the Premier League and it is acknowledged that even top strikers sometimes struggle with the pace and physicality of the game here. Some never make it, some take at least half a season to adjust and a few hit the ground running.

It was a massive risk to go into the season without a striker with some sort of Premier league pedigree. We're all praying Baston hits the ground running because if he doesn't we'll be in very deep trouble by January.

Llorentes pedigree far outshines anything premier league .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:50 - Sep 28 with 514 viewsPrivate_Partz

Spot on. Some say we should be 2 or 4 points better off. If we had not been mugged by Hull most would gave been satisfied. All be it hoping for an improvement in style.
Due to panicking in our boardroom we now have masses of speculation in the media and Huw chasing his ass off interviewing all and sundry. A completely needless mess which ultimately could cost us our Prem status if Frankie goes and we get one of those muppets in.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:01 - Sep 28 with 499 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:40 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Llorentes pedigree far outshines anything premier league .

That misunderstands my point. It's nothing to do with one league being better than another it's to do with the pace and physicality of the English League compared to the Spanish or Italian leagues. Some players don't adapt well to a different playing environment and are nowhere near as effective as they were in the league in which they made their reputation. History shows it's a risk when players change.

As an aside Llorente has reached double figures once in the last four seasons and will be 32 before the end of this one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:17 - Sep 28 with 480 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:01 - Sep 28 by Joe_bradshaw

That misunderstands my point. It's nothing to do with one league being better than another it's to do with the pace and physicality of the English League compared to the Spanish or Italian leagues. Some players don't adapt well to a different playing environment and are nowhere near as effective as they were in the league in which they made their reputation. History shows it's a risk when players change.

As an aside Llorente has reached double figures once in the last four seasons and will be 32 before the end of this one.

Well of course its doesn't matter where you played ,it takes time to settle on and off the pitch.

Laudrups players settled quickly ,very quickly

Wilfried the great bony is doing just great with all his premier league experience .
Look it doesn't matter where you've played , if youy play in a struggling side you will struggle they are all struggling ,looking lost out there on the pitch

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:34 - Sep 28 with 461 viewslonglostjack

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:17 - Sep 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well of course its doesn't matter where you played ,it takes time to settle on and off the pitch.

Laudrups players settled quickly ,very quickly

Wilfried the great bony is doing just great with all his premier league experience .
Look it doesn't matter where you've played , if youy play in a struggling side you will struggle they are all struggling ,looking lost out there on the pitch

Admittedly I only watched the highlights but from what I saw and heard from people who were there we weren't struggling. We weren't struggling against one of the top teams in Europe. Still it's all academic I suppose. US "investors" hiding behind Delaware laws won't be in it for the long term. It's quarterly reporting now, leading to knee jerk reactions. Sustainable my arse.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:53 - Sep 28 with 445 viewsjasper_T

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 18:01 - Sep 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Llorente's goal tally is down to his lack of playing time as much as fading ability.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:00 - Sep 28 with 436 viewsSwansNZ

MY pre-season predictometer had us on 4 points, so we’re on track for my prediction of 42 points. I had us down for a point on Sat and none against the Arse, so 5 points from the opening 8 games.

The fixture list has not been kind to us, to say the least. If Guido was deemed good enough to get a new contract, then he should be given until mid/end November, and not based on results against most of the top teams in the league.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:05 - Sep 28 with 431 viewstomdickharry

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:25 - Sep 28 by Murph75

What makes you think he's even capable of doing that?

Curt has been in football on both sides of the white line all his life and consequently has gained more than enough football experience and respect in the game to carry out the role, have not the slightest doubt about his ability to to form a successful executive conduit between Manager/Coach and the Board, to make them happy to rely on his advice/opinion in respect of the senior playing staff.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:09 - Sep 28 with 423 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 17:32 - Sep 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Llorente has constantly proven his class at club and international level.

The tactics we're currently employing make it virtually impossible for them to shine.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:12 - Sep 28 with 413 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:05 - Sep 28 by tomdickharry

Curt has been in football on both sides of the white line all his life and consequently has gained more than enough football experience and respect in the game to carry out the role, have not the slightest doubt about his ability to to form a successful executive conduit between Manager/Coach and the Board, to make them happy to rely on his advice/opinion in respect of the senior playing staff.

He seems like a very affable guy. Although he dosen't seem to strike me as having the character to cope in the situation you're describing.

He's only really come to prominence since Monk left the club. Prior to that he's always had a bit part role.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 398 viewsGlyn1

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:12 - Sep 28 by Murph75

He seems like a very affable guy. Although he dosen't seem to strike me as having the character to cope in the situation you're describing.

He's only really come to prominence since Monk left the club. Prior to that he's always had a bit part role.

"A bit part role"? That's a bit dismeaning to him - if you'd said ''a supporting role" we'd probably all agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

By the way, when did losing two games in a row become a sackable offence? Very sad.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:34 - Sep 28 with 385 viewsOldjack

It's not about the points total it's the way we've gone about it ,apart from Man c we've been very very poor and that's mainly down to Franco's tactics .It's no wonder they've been eying up a new manager ,Man c game may have just saved him for the time being . Just got to keep that sort of performance up ,week in week out and those points will come

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:39 - Sep 28 with 377 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:24 - Sep 28 by Glyn1

"A bit part role"? That's a bit dismeaning to him - if you'd said ''a supporting role" we'd probably all agree and there's nothing wrong with that.

By the way, when did losing two games in a row become a sackable offence? Very sad.

Curtis has been sacked and re employed by the club more times than we've had hot dinners. It's true he's had a bit part role no matter which way you chose to describe it.

What's sad is having a manager who's no idea what he's doing, hence why he's going to got the boot.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:39 - Sep 28 with 377 viewsLeonisGod

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 19:24 - Sep 28 by Glyn1

It's nothing to do with 2 games in a row, it's because we've had our worse start. And the manner of it. I'm still pro-Guidoline but isn't it obvious there are problems?
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 20:14 - Sep 28 with 344 viewsaberhugh

I accept everything in the garden is far from rosy. However, judgement time needs to be in November.
If it then time for the chop a Swansea way replacement needs to be lined up. I do not want to see Jenkins pimping Swansea to a global audience of people never heard of or somebody called Loco as a term of endearment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024