Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where realistically did we expect to be? 11:36 - Sep 28 with 2722 viewsaberhugh

When I looked at the opening six fixtures I thought we would do well to have six points. A win against Burnley and Hull and then we would be in for a really rough ride.
Leicester away, home of the champions.
Chelsea revitalised under a new manager.
Southampton rarely a team we do well against.
Man City with Guardiola are by far the best side in the country.
I was disappointed by our lack of guile against Hull, appalled at the Southampton performance. However, encouraged by our fight against Chelsea and pleased with our efforts in the City game.
Should FG be sacked for being two points off target??
Now Liverpool and Arsenal? Any points would be great, we have done it before but again who will be really suprised if we get nothing and maybe a spanking from one?
After these fixtures then assess FG. I would be amazed if any other man could have performed significantly better.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:43 - Sep 28 with 1646 viewsmorristonboy

Spot on son! Should FG be held responsible for the lack of investment?
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:46 - Sep 28 with 1628 viewsMurph75

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:43 - Sep 28 by morristonboy

No he shouldn't. He is accountable for the unacceptable performances though.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:48 - Sep 28 with 1625 viewsraynor94

What about the performances?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:51 - Sep 28 with 1616 viewstomdickharry

7 points and upper mid table.Watching Burnley v Watford on Monday night who were both shocking its seems inconceivable that these two will end up above us in the table come May.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 1614 viewsSwaneeRiver

He knew when he signed on the dotted line the team needed fixing.
So did he ask about investment, how much he'd have to spend , etc ?
If so and he was happy with the answers then it's his fault.
If he he didn't ask, why not?
If he wasn't happy with the answers why sign up for two years?
Too much blame is being put on others further up the line.
Nobody forced Guidolin to take the job
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:53 - Sep 28 with 1612 viewsCatullus

I'm cutting FG some slack. He already had a hard job without all this nonsense going on over his head and behind his back.

I was very critical of his negativity but the Man Citeh game showed what we can do and I'm hoping he sticks with that game plan instead. We play like that against lesser teams and we will win games, and the more often we play like that, the better we will be. Quite possibly, if confidence returns we will avoid relegation comfortably.
If he returns to negative ways we are deep in doo doo and it'll be close, so close we may be doing a Sunderland, or worse, Newcastle.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 12:11 - Sep 28 with 1585 viewshammy

Last season we got 10 points from the same fixtures against Chelski, Citeh, Scousers and the Arse ... funny old game isn't it !

But agree that on average we should probably be expecting to have around 6-7 points by now.

We need another good performance on Saturday and hopefully a lot of luck to get something out of the game.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 12:26 - Sep 28 with 1545 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 12:11 - Sep 28 by hammy

Last season we got 10 points from the same fixtures against Chelski, Citeh, Scousers and the Arse ... funny old game isn't it !

But agree that on average we should probably be expecting to have around 6-7 points by now.

We need another good performance on Saturday and hopefully a lot of luck to get something out of the game.

We raised our game when we needed to last season against the big teams to get unlikely results. This season hasn't been so kind as this run of fixtures has come at the worse time - given the current mood around the club.
But performances on the whole have been awful this season. FG knew what he had to work with & he's not cutting the mustard.
I'm not saying any other managers would have fared better, but we haven't just lost to City - it's the defeats against an awful Hull team, a struggling Leicester team & a Southampton team that haven't got going yet under a new manager.
I would have expected more points on the board than we currently have.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Login to get fewer ads

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:07 - Sep 28 with 1473 viewsnierika

vs Burnley I expected 1 pt (+2)
vs Hull, 3 pts (-3)
vs Leicester, .5 pts (-.5)
vs Chelsea, .5 pts (+.5)
vs Southampton, 1 pt (-1)
vs Man City, .5 pts (-.5)

So, 2-3 pts below what I expected thus far.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 16:31]
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:21 - Sep 28 with 1438 viewsBatterseajack

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:52 - Sep 28 by SwaneeRiver

He knew when he signed on the dotted line the team needed fixing.
So did he ask about investment, how much he'd have to spend , etc ?
If so and he was happy with the answers then it's his fault.
If he he didn't ask, why not?
If he wasn't happy with the answers why sign up for two years?
Too much blame is being put on others further up the line.
Nobody forced Guidolin to take the job

So by your reasoning, any manager who would have been silly enough to taken us on this summer deserves to get sacked?
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:22 - Sep 28 with 1431 viewsvetchonian

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 11:51 - Sep 28 by tomdickharry

7 points and upper mid table.Watching Burnley v Watford on Monday night who were both shocking its seems inconceivable that these two will end up above us in the table come May.

on what basis do make the presumption that Burnly and Watford will be above us?
We have already beaten Burnley had a couple of tough fixtures and based on the Man City game we seem to be finding our feet.
If we perform as we did against Man City we should win more than we lose

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:26 - Sep 28 with 1418 viewsvetchonian

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 12:26 - Sep 28 by AustinIsOurHero

We raised our game when we needed to last season against the big teams to get unlikely results. This season hasn't been so kind as this run of fixtures has come at the worse time - given the current mood around the club.
But performances on the whole have been awful this season. FG knew what he had to work with & he's not cutting the mustard.
I'm not saying any other managers would have fared better, but we haven't just lost to City - it's the defeats against an awful Hull team, a struggling Leicester team & a Southampton team that haven't got going yet under a new manager.
I would have expected more points on the board than we currently have.

People are going on about the Hull game as though we were cr*p. We lost to a team who put 11 men behind the ball,they sneaked a goal then we got caught looking for the equaliser. Had llorente or Gylfi scored from their chances in the first half it could have been a different result.... we werent gash as some would say in that game just didnt have what it took to break through the 11 man defence.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:35 - Sep 28 with 1393 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:26 - Sep 28 by vetchonian

People are going on about the Hull game as though we were cr*p. We lost to a team who put 11 men behind the ball,they sneaked a goal then we got caught looking for the equaliser. Had llorente or Gylfi scored from their chances in the first half it could have been a different result.... we werent gash as some would say in that game just didnt have what it took to break through the 11 man defence.

We were the home team. The onus is on us to break them down. Of course they were going to stick 11 behind the ball - they had a thread bare squad at the time, no permanent manager.
We should have gone out with a positive line up & attacked them from the off. We should have easily had enough to beat them... at home!!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:47 - Sep 28 with 1365 viewsMattG

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:07 - Sep 28 by nierika

vs Burnley I expected 1 pt (+2)
vs Hull, 3 pts (-3)
vs Leicester, .5 pts (-.5)
vs Chelsea, .5 pts (+.5)
vs Southampton, 1 pt (-1)
vs Man City, .5 pts (-.5)

So, 2-3 pts below what I expected thus far.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 16:31]

What result gets us ½ a point?
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 1349 viewsjasper_T

Every manager in the league will preside over a short sequence of bad performances at some point. Guidolin's just unfortunate that his has come at the beginning of the season before a very tough run of fixtures.

Deserves time to turn it around (and is already showing signs of doing so) before being handed his p45.

Anyone criticising his "negative" football is clearly delusional about the ability level of most of our squad. He'll get the results to keep us up, no question. Anything more than that requires continued support at boardroom level in the form of new, competent players.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:02 - Sep 28 with 1325 viewslonglostjack

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:51 - Sep 28 by jasper_T

Every manager in the league will preside over a short sequence of bad performances at some point. Guidolin's just unfortunate that his has come at the beginning of the season before a very tough run of fixtures.

Deserves time to turn it around (and is already showing signs of doing so) before being handed his p45.

Anyone criticising his "negative" football is clearly delusional about the ability level of most of our squad. He'll get the results to keep us up, no question. Anything more than that requires continued support at boardroom level in the form of new, competent players.

Exactly. The whole thing is completely bonkers.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:26 - Sep 28 with 1282 viewsnierika

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 13:47 - Sep 28 by MattG

What result gets us ½ a point?

Having about a 50% chance of getting a point.

And actually I could have put Southampton expectation at 2 pts (50/50 between draw and win)
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:28]
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:31 - Sep 28 with 1269 viewsJackBishop

Aberhugh talking complete and utter sense. We absolutely need to be realistic. The test comes after the Arsenal game then we need ti pick up points. We often raise our game against the better teams so hopefully we may sneak something.
What really gets me is the talk of going to the next level - remember Charlton and Curbishley.
Every season in the Prem is living the dream - I still get excited that we are on MOTD.
I remember going to Elm Park, Somerton Park, Northampton when it was three sided and a cricket ground. It was all great fun but this is brilliant being at the top table.
FG needs assessing later at a time when we play some of the lesser lights. We could change and it will be great but who is that manager to be? FG may perform if given time and support from us and the club. Jenkins is not behaving in a manner I approve of or can endorse as the Chairman of my club.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:33 - Sep 28 with 1265 viewsMillie

Perhaps the only player he's brought to the table was Poloschi. I was expecting a few Italians brought to the fore but nothing
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:33 - Sep 28 with 1262 viewsDarran

I don't get the where did we expect to be question.

If you don't pick up the odd point here and there against the big teams you'll be in relegation battle all season. If we were only to pick up points against the teams expected to be around us (like Hull) you're not going to be very far away from the relegation spots.
It's called a league table,that's how it works.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:46]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:40 - Sep 28 with 1232 viewsjasper_T

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:33 - Sep 28 by Millie

Perhaps the only player he's brought to the table was Poloschi. I was expecting a few Italians brought to the fore but nothing

Recruitment is not his job.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:48 - Sep 28 with 1200 viewsJackBishop

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:33 - Sep 28 by Darran

I don't get the where did we expect to be question.

If you don't pick up the odd point here and there against the big teams you'll be in relegation battle all season. If we were only to pick up points against the teams expected to be around us (like Hull) you're not going to be very far away from the relegation spots.
It's called a league table,that's how it works.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2016 14:46]

Correct. But do you really expect with what he has got to be in anytging other than a relegation battle?
Get rid of your main warrior and top goal scorer is asking for trouble. Ash and Ayew have not been replaced.
We should be perhaps two points better off.
However, a must for me is to play Britton every game. He tidies up so much mess, starts attacks takes the pressure off defence a great player.
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:49 - Sep 28 with 1185 viewsDarran

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:48 - Sep 28 by JackBishop

Correct. But do you really expect with what he has got to be in anytging other than a relegation battle?
Get rid of your main warrior and top goal scorer is asking for trouble. Ash and Ayew have not been replaced.
We should be perhaps two points better off.
However, a must for me is to play Britton every game. He tidies up so much mess, starts attacks takes the pressure off defence a great player.

Well I'd have expected to beat Hull at home if I'm honest.

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:52 - Sep 28 with 1178 viewsJackBishop

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:49 - Sep 28 by Darran

Well I'd have expected to beat Hull at home if I'm honest.

That's right two points off where we should be. So should there be a panic now??
Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:53 - Sep 28 with 1172 viewsDarran

Where realistically did we expect to be? on 14:52 - Sep 28 by JackBishop

That's right two points off where we should be. So should there be a panic now??

You get three for a win Butt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024