Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? 02:04 - Sep 29 with 3097 viewsAussieSwan

It often seems that when there is growing discontent between boards and fanbases that the fans often "take a stand" to show their displeasure, by chanting or bringing in banners to the ground.

It's certainly an extreme step, but our club is starting to go down a path that is seeing us lose our identity. And who knows, maybe (just maybe) it might send him a message and get him to rethink his actions?

His ego is pretty big though so I am not getting my hopes up.

Of the fans who regularly attend games, have we now reached a tipping point where we need to make our feelings known towards Jenkins?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 03:18 - Sep 29 with 2284 viewsLoyal

Absolutely not.
What does it achieve ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 06:00 - Sep 29 with 2251 viewsKilkennyjack

No - we need to support the team and turn the Liberty into a bear pit.
If i think of some of the great atmospheres of the past, then currently the crowd is disengaged.

I recall the first visit of the redbirds had their local rag with the headline 'City fans targeted in stadium of hate'. The post had the brilliant 'Gomes grabs glory for the kings of welsh football'. Same game.

Our club needs the fans now.

Beware of the Risen People

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 06:04 - Sep 29 with 2242 viewsSwansNZ

We've already lost our identity.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:22 - Sep 29 with 2106 viewsMillie

Not for me, remember Charlton
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:33 - Sep 29 with 2080 viewsraynor94

What a pathetic suggestion, do you regularly attend games?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:33 - Sep 29 with 2080 viewsStarsky

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 03:18 - Sep 29 by Loyal

Absolutely not.
What does it achieve ?

Well it achieved quite a bit when we sang Petty out.
But I'd leave it until immediately after the game, just after vocally supporting Guidolin

It's just the internet, init.

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:42 - Sep 29 with 2052 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Its all a bit late for this now.
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:58 - Sep 29 with 2002 viewsharryhpalmer

chanting against the Chairman at the ground is not going to help the players.

I imagine this speculation over Guidolin's job will have affected the players already - maybe it did last weekend, when we saw a much improved preformance.

There are other ways of letting the owners know we are not happy, however, that will not affect the match day atmosphere and cause issues for the players.

Twitter. No point in tweeting the Dineen. @JasonLevien on mass, along with @SwansOfficial and @landondonovan

bombard the official Facebook page.

though in both cases, be careful not to be threatening or abusive, as there laws that could get you in to a great deal of problems.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:59 - Sep 29 with 2001 viewsClinton

This ST holder will not be singing Anything about Jenkins.
When I compare the relative performance of Swansea with clubs who have had lots of money put into them like Newcastle Leeds Derby Forest QPR Cardiff Villa Birmingham Bolton Portsmouth etc; I think things could be.much much worse
Mr Jenkins brought us to the top table and has kept us there for some years. Top man despite the bile being hurled in his direction from those who imagine they know what happens in the club.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 09:14 - Sep 29 with 1967 viewsCooperman

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:59 - Sep 29 by Clinton

This ST holder will not be singing Anything about Jenkins.
When I compare the relative performance of Swansea with clubs who have had lots of money put into them like Newcastle Leeds Derby Forest QPR Cardiff Villa Birmingham Bolton Portsmouth etc; I think things could be.much much worse
Mr Jenkins brought us to the top table and has kept us there for some years. Top man despite the bile being hurled in his direction from those who imagine they know what happens in the club.

Yes, but believe me when I say that in the world of CEO's you are only as good as your last 12 months.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 09:57 - Sep 29 with 1901 viewsCheddarjack

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 09:14 - Sep 29 by Cooperman

Yes, but believe me when I say that in the world of CEO's you are only as good as your last 12 months.

Bearing in my that Jenkins admitted to taking his eye off the ball and the whole fiasco around Monks dismissal and the six weeks leading up to Guidolin taking over any other CEO in charge of a business worth in excess of £100 million would have been ousted by its shareholders a long time ago.
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 10:01 - Sep 29 with 1883 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 03:18 - Sep 29 by Loyal

Absolutely not.
What does it achieve ?

I agree with Loyal and Rayns here. It is too early. If we start dishing out what Rayns calls a toxic atmosphere it will scupper any chance if beating Liverpool.
Much better to show support, and in particularly massive support for Frankie.
The Yanks have asked us to be patient. What better than to not just show patience but full support for our manager. The crowd have a massive part to play in our future. A lukewarm support could persuade them to get rid of him and bring one of the muppets in. I have no doubt disaster would follow in such circumstances.
As for Huw, well I think he will continue doing an excellent job of hanging himself.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 10:07 - Sep 29 with 1870 viewsMillie

So we get rid of Jenkins, who next? careful what you wish for

I'm no lover of HJ but until someone comes up with someone better I'd rather stick thanks
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 11:57 - Sep 29 with 1756 viewsLoyal

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:33 - Sep 29 by Starsky

Well it achieved quite a bit when we sang Petty out.
But I'd leave it until immediately after the game, just after vocally supporting Guidolin

It was more than singing that sorted outthose criminals trust me. this is so completely different.
You just can't compare it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 1752 viewsLoyal

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:42 - Sep 29 by Return_of_the_Jack

Its all a bit late for this now.

It's never too late to save the club, but it doesn't need saving so it's pointless.

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:01 - Sep 29 with 1742 viewsbuilthjack

A couple of wins and we are mid table. If we carry on playing like we did last Saturday, and put our chances away, then there is no reason to change.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:49 - Sep 29 with 1676 viewsAussieSwan

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:33 - Sep 29 by raynor94

What a pathetic suggestion, do you regularly attend games?

I'm from Australia - I've never been to Europe so have never been to one.

I'm not suggesting we do it as it is not a good look for the club but many fans seem tired of Jenkins and unhappy with the way he is running the club. I was only asking out of curiousity as to whether it is a step that some fans have considered

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:55 - Sep 29 with 1657 viewsMillie

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:49 - Sep 29 by AussieSwan

I'm not suggesting we do it as it is not a good look for the club but many fans seem tired of Jenkins and unhappy with the way he is running the club. I was only asking out of curiousity as to whether it is a step that some fans have considered

Careful what we wish for, just remember Charlton

Listen, HJ hasn't covered himself in roses this last few months but who else?

The Yanks have read their 'soccer for dummies' but are not ready, yet
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:56 - Sep 29 with 1655 viewsHighjack

Huw and the yanks will know exactly the strength of feeling because they have people reading this site and Twitter.

The matches should be about getting behind the players. Celtic showed last night that a bouncing stadium can lift players and create mistakes amongst opposition players. Not the groaning and booing we've become accustomed to.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:58 - Sep 29 with 1646 viewsMillie

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:56 - Sep 29 by Highjack

Huw and the yanks will know exactly the strength of feeling because they have people reading this site and Twitter.

The matches should be about getting behind the players. Celtic showed last night that a bouncing stadium can lift players and create mistakes amongst opposition players. Not the groaning and booing we've become accustomed to.

Jenkins has always read this and SCFC2 sites
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 13:02 - Sep 29 with 1638 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 12:49 - Sep 29 by AussieSwan

It certainly worked with Petty and the rest is history as we eventually had a platform to build on.
Having said I think there is a massive case for positive support for the team and Frankie in particular.
If it is to be believed that the yanks are pretty naive in this one then such support could have a similar effect to the Petty scenario.
I feel that this is the case as I honestly belive if Frankie goes and one of these idiots come in we could easily end up where we started after Petty.
Even if the result is boring, cautious football we will be in a position to attract much better candidates than Boo and Charisma Boy if we finish the season as a comfortable mid table Prem club.
IMHO the supporters have massive part to play on Saturday. I hope we are all up for it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 14:18 - Sep 29 with 1546 viewsswansea101

12 months ago it was sir Huw this and that now he's like aids with an attitude 😂😂 ffs
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 14:19 - Sep 29 with 1540 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Facking hell , what a thread .

You'd swear we've been relegated too league one

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 14:39 - Sep 29 with 1516 viewscostalotta

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:22 - Sep 29 by Millie

Not for me, remember Charlton

Why, what happened? Who was he DOF of?
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 22:49 - Sep 29 with 1357 viewsTNT

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 06:04 - Sep 29 by SwansNZ

We've already lost our identity.

Who are we?

Aaaaaaarrrgghhh!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024