Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? 02:04 - Sep 29 with 3128 viewsAussieSwan

It often seems that when there is growing discontent between boards and fanbases that the fans often "take a stand" to show their displeasure, by chanting or bringing in banners to the ground.

It's certainly an extreme step, but our club is starting to go down a path that is seeing us lose our identity. And who knows, maybe (just maybe) it might send him a message and get him to rethink his actions?

His ego is pretty big though so I am not getting my hopes up.

Of the fans who regularly attend games, have we now reached a tipping point where we need to make our feelings known towards Jenkins?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 22:55 - Sep 29 with 807 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 14:18 - Sep 29 by swansea101

12 months ago it was sir Huw this and that now he's like aids with an attitude 😂😂 ffs

'In Huw we trust' was bandied about a long time ago. Doubts about his decision making have been raised much longer than 12 months ago.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 00:45 - Sep 30 with 746 viewsjackdee

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 22:55 - Sep 29 by Private_Partz

'In Huw we trust' was bandied about a long time ago. Doubts about his decision making have been raised much longer than 12 months ago.

What a load of tosh shouting Jenkins out. Too many short memories here for my liking. We've been learning each and every season since the Petty days and long may we go on learning. No one is perfect and the consequences of every decision can not always be foreseen otherwise we'd have won the league by now.
HJ has been the chairman of a board of director all singing from the same hymn sheet for many years now, but the breakup of the board and new members has created a different feel and not everyone has the same ideas or ideals. We've probably had our worst pre-season of transfer business since we were promoted and that is a learning curve in itself that needs to be put right in the next transfer window. If the new board make amends at Christmas then there is still hope that our club is heading back in the right direction.
What we need to do now for the next 12 games is get behind the team and do our bit. It's what the players deserve because lately the atmosphere has been shockingly bad.
Guidolin hasn't been the decision maker who got rid of Gomis, Ayew, Williams, Eder, Paloschi, Emnes, Gorre and ended up with just Llorente, Van Der Hoorn and Borja.
Give him his chance to get these lads playing together until at least the next international break in November. It's always the manager who suffers yet it's almost always the money men who make the major decisions on playing staff. If you change the manager you still can't change the players so we are where we are and we should support our club not turn it into a laughing stock by chanting Jenkins out. He certainly doesn't deserve that.
JackArmy!!!

BTIIC

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 01:52 - Sep 30 with 722 viewsswanstillidai

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 08:59 - Sep 29 by Clinton

This ST holder will not be singing Anything about Jenkins.
When I compare the relative performance of Swansea with clubs who have had lots of money put into them like Newcastle Leeds Derby Forest QPR Cardiff Villa Birmingham Bolton Portsmouth etc; I think things could be.much much worse
Mr Jenkins brought us to the top table and has kept us there for some years. Top man despite the bile being hurled in his direction from those who imagine they know what happens in the club.

Our fans have awfully short memories don't they?

How dare Jenkins & co lead us in to this sorry mess for the last decade. B@stards!!

What HJ (and the rest of the board) have done in the past will always outweigh any mistakes they might make.

Get some perspective people FFS
Is it time for on 06:53 - Sep 30 with 696 viewsDr_Winston

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 01:52 - Sep 30 by swanstillidai

Our fans have awfully short memories don't they?

How dare Jenkins & co lead us in to this sorry mess for the last decade. B@stards!!

What HJ (and the rest of the board) have done in the past will always outweigh any mistakes they might make.

Get some perspective people FFS

Always? What if poor decision making leaves us accumulating debt in the Championship next season?

Jenkins and co should rightly be lauded for their achievements from 2003-2013, but let's not pretend that they deserve a free ride forever on the back of it. That kind of unquestioning obedience has never been the best course of action for any clubs supporters.

There have been some shocking, obviously awful decisions made since the Laudrup era, and a chairman on half a million a year plus dividends should be answerable for them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is it time for on 08:46 - Sep 30 with 666 viewsMillie

Is it time for on 06:53 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Always? What if poor decision making leaves us accumulating debt in the Championship next season?

Jenkins and co should rightly be lauded for their achievements from 2003-2013, but let's not pretend that they deserve a free ride forever on the back of it. That kind of unquestioning obedience has never been the best course of action for any clubs supporters.

There have been some shocking, obviously awful decisions made since the Laudrup era, and a chairman on half a million a year plus dividends should be answerable for them.

Perhaps that's why we didn't spend big in August, our motto has always been spend what you got
Is it time for on 09:04 - Sep 30 with 654 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it time for on 06:53 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

In any other business with this turnover he'd have been unceremoniously dumped a long time ago.

The "better the devil you know/be careful what you wish for" defence is as ludicrous as the "who else is there?" nonsense.

I'm sure there are plenty of eminently suitable candidates in world football prepared to work in the PL for a fat salary. The sooner we appoint one the better.

Rocket science it ain't.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 9:06]
Is it time for on 09:22 - Sep 30 with 629 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is it time for on 08:46 - Sep 30 by Millie

Perhaps that's why we didn't spend big in August, our motto has always been spend what you got

Our new motto is sell what you've got and replace with inferior models at half the price.

Oh, and trouser the difference.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 09:33 - Sep 30 with 619 viewsItchySphincter

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 03:18 - Sep 29 by Loyal

Absolutely not.
What does it achieve ?

Well it would empower the bunch of c*nts that have been stealing a living the last few months to believe that they've done f*ck all wrong.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 609 viewsPrivate_Partz

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 00:45 - Sep 30 by jackdee

What a load of tosh shouting Jenkins out. Too many short memories here for my liking. We've been learning each and every season since the Petty days and long may we go on learning. No one is perfect and the consequences of every decision can not always be foreseen otherwise we'd have won the league by now.
HJ has been the chairman of a board of director all singing from the same hymn sheet for many years now, but the breakup of the board and new members has created a different feel and not everyone has the same ideas or ideals. We've probably had our worst pre-season of transfer business since we were promoted and that is a learning curve in itself that needs to be put right in the next transfer window. If the new board make amends at Christmas then there is still hope that our club is heading back in the right direction.
What we need to do now for the next 12 games is get behind the team and do our bit. It's what the players deserve because lately the atmosphere has been shockingly bad.
Guidolin hasn't been the decision maker who got rid of Gomis, Ayew, Williams, Eder, Paloschi, Emnes, Gorre and ended up with just Llorente, Van Der Hoorn and Borja.
Give him his chance to get these lads playing together until at least the next international break in November. It's always the manager who suffers yet it's almost always the money men who make the major decisions on playing staff. If you change the manager you still can't change the players so we are where we are and we should support our club not turn it into a laughing stock by chanting Jenkins out. He certainly doesn't deserve that.
JackArmy!!!

I think you replied to the wrong person there. I was not advocating shouting down jenkins at the match. Merely pointing out that his decision making has been questioned for longer than 12 months. Prior to that he did brilliantly but has lost his mojo. Even before his cash windfall. Other than that I am fully behind your call for supporting Frankie and the team to the hilt and have posted so on many occasions.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is it time for on 09:47 - Sep 30 with 604 viewsDarran

Is it time for on 09:04 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

In any other business with this turnover he'd have been unceremoniously dumped a long time ago.

The "better the devil you know/be careful what you wish for" defence is as ludicrous as the "who else is there?" nonsense.

I'm sure there are plenty of eminently suitable candidates in world football prepared to work in the PL for a fat salary. The sooner we appoint one the better.

Rocket science it ain't.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2016 9:06]

I honestly believe if things go pear shaped he should go but this isn't any other business this is the football business and in the football business he really wouldn't go Phil.
Chairmen of football clubs don't really go when the club is in debt or in a mess.

I'm not sticking up for him I'm just wondering why the last 18 months has turned so many grown men into giberring idiots.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it time for on 09:55 - Sep 30 with 599 viewsWarwickHunt

Is it time for on 09:47 - Sep 30 by Darran

I honestly believe if things go pear shaped he should go but this isn't any other business this is the football business and in the football business he really wouldn't go Phil.
Chairmen of football clubs don't really go when the club is in debt or in a mess.

I'm not sticking up for him I'm just wondering why the last 18 months has turned so many grown men into giberring idiots.

As a self-appointed DoF he's been hopelessly out of his depth, not to mention the glaring conflict of interest with him being chairman as well.

The only reason he hasn't been sacked is because he won't sack himself. With any luck he'll soon be rumbled and can fûck off and spend more time with his money.
Is it time for on 11:14 - Sep 30 with 545 viewsMillie

Is it time for on 09:55 - Sep 30 by WarwickHunt

As a self-appointed DoF he's been hopelessly out of his depth, not to mention the glaring conflict of interest with him being chairman as well.

The only reason he hasn't been sacked is because he won't sack himself. With any luck he'll soon be rumbled and can fûck off and spend more time with his money.

The DoF moniker came about 3 or 4 years ago but Its what he's done successfully for the best part of 15 years
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 15:55 - Oct 1 with 471 viewscostalotta

There may not be chants or banners in the stadium but by god has the mood changed. I sit in the West and the chatter before and during the game was quite vociferous in condemning Jenkins most, but not all want him gone. When I say most, I mean in ear shot of where I was sitting., not the whole West Stand :)

So, it seems like that journey is starting to gather pace!
Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? (n/t) on 20:19 - Oct 1 with 394 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? on 15:55 - Oct 1 by costalotta

There may not be chants or banners in the stadium but by god has the mood changed. I sit in the West and the chatter before and during the game was quite vociferous in condemning Jenkins most, but not all want him gone. When I say most, I mean in ear shot of where I was sitting., not the whole West Stand :)

So, it seems like that journey is starting to gather pace!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? (n/t) on 20:22 - Oct 1 with 391 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is it time for "Jenkins Out" chant/banners? (n/t) on 20:19 - Oct 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Italian needs to go

Shouldnt have be appointed

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024