Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 13:39 - Oct 3 with 18735 views34dfgdf54

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/03/trust-reaction-to-change-in-management-at

We are being f*cked royally.
Trust Statement on 15:52 - Oct 3 with 1824 viewsheadcleaner

Trust Statement on 15:39 - Oct 3 by swancity

I think it's fair to say that a change of supporter director is paramount. Someone who will challenge things, speak up and ruffle feathers. Appalled with this yet again. But some of its self inflicted. Changes were needed years ago TBH. And no, two wrongs do not make a right.

sadly for the trust its difficult to always having to react to things as they probably first hear about them at the same time we do. If Jenkins and his new pals leak stories to their lackie in the press first how can the trust form an opinion as an organisation . Its a no win situation. whilst they might well have faults as a trust they are currently in one hell of a position with their total existence being walked all over by some smiling americans aided by people who once called them friends and colleagues who fought for the same cause.

I guess the clever chunts on the board think they will divide and conquer and have the trust chasing its tail whilst they snigger and giggle behind its back whilst the glare of the premier leagues media watch.

I hope Jenkins and co got enough of a piece of the pie to make this all worth while because their legacy isn't going to be gongs and silverwear at the current rate because they of all people know exactly what a fired up fan base can do. #STID
Trust Statement on 15:54 - Oct 3 with 1809 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Statement on 13:44 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

Sorry, but on the point that the Trust have made.

Decisions on the management of the club have to be made at the board level of Swansea City Football Club Ltd. If board meetings have taken place without the Trust director being given adequate notice, then that is contrary to the requirements of the Companies Act. It really is as simple as that.

If they are making decisions in the 'wrong' company (Swansea City 2002 Ltd) where the Trust have no representation, that is again not allowed.

At some point, the expressions of disappointment have to stop and legal action needs to be explored. It is of course, entirely possible that this is happening, but in which case, just say it,

Your last paragraph Lis - never happen, unfortunately.

How do i know? Look at the Trusts's history of (in)action since the secret takeover. Options to go down any legal route ignored because "we want to see if we can work with the new owners". The method of the takeover should have told the Trust all they needed to know about the new owners.

I thaink it's fantastic that we're the only(?) Prem club with a supporters' director on the board, but if the Trust continually sit on their hands, what's the good.

I've seen Uxbridge's post saying all avenues are being explored. Sorry but I'll only believe it when I see it. Simply because I've seen the Trust in (in)action over the last 12 months or so.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 15:59]
Trust Statement on 15:57 - Oct 3 with 1796 viewsvetchonian

Trust Statement on 15:39 - Oct 3 by swancity

I think it's fair to say that a change of supporter director is paramount. Someone who will challenge things, speak up and ruffle feathers. Appalled with this yet again. But some of its self inflicted. Changes were needed years ago TBH. And no, two wrongs do not make a right.

And how do you know HC has not been doing this of late?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Trust Statement on 16:01 - Oct 3 with 1768 viewsicecoldjack

I hate to say it as I strongly believe in the trust but in all honesty swansea is a very small place and no way would people not have known any inside track or not caught wind of what was going on, what I feel now is that the trust are saying the right things but nothing will or can be done.

Genuine question. What can the trust actually do here ?

The trust has no power and no influence and hasn't done for a while, they were irrelevent during the take over and will continue to be so going forward, nobody seems to know and if they do nothing is done.

Please don't take these words the wrong way, it's just that all the faff in reading about " all avenues are being explored " etc, just sounds empty , in swansea everyone knows what's going on so all those avenues should have been explored already.

It just points to the fact that the bottom line is that the trust is forever seemingly behind the curve , so what's the point of it ?

The yanks have just basically said " well fck that lot they are irrelevent " and have done it not once but twice.

Sorry for the harsh words, I believe in the work put in and respect all those who try but it seems there is something a miss. If somebody would be so kind to explain what possible options there are in moving forward and what the brass tacks handling of the situation will be I'd love to be put firmly in my place, in fact I'm preying that will happen.

Genuine post with no malace meant.
Trust Statement on 16:06 - Oct 3 with 1739 viewsswancity

Trust Statement on 15:57 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

And how do you know HC has not been doing this of late?

Oh come on. It's more obvious than the nose of pinochios face.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Statement on 16:07 - Oct 3 with 1737 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 15:54 - Oct 3 by DafyddHuw

Your last paragraph Lis - never happen, unfortunately.

How do i know? Look at the Trusts's history of (in)action since the secret takeover. Options to go down any legal route ignored because "we want to see if we can work with the new owners". The method of the takeover should have told the Trust all they needed to know about the new owners.

I thaink it's fantastic that we're the only(?) Prem club with a supporters' director on the board, but if the Trust continually sit on their hands, what's the good.

I've seen Uxbridge's post saying all avenues are being explored. Sorry but I'll only believe it when I see it. Simply because I've seen the Trust in (in)action over the last 12 months or so.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 15:59]

Now more than ever...
Trust Statement on 16:08 - Oct 3 with 1730 viewsvetchonian

Trust Statement on 16:01 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

I hate to say it as I strongly believe in the trust but in all honesty swansea is a very small place and no way would people not have known any inside track or not caught wind of what was going on, what I feel now is that the trust are saying the right things but nothing will or can be done.

The trust has no power and no influence and hasn't done for a while, they were irrelevent during the take over and will continue to be so going forward, nobody seems to know and if they do nothing is done.

Please don't take these words the wrong way, it's just that all the faff in reading about " all avenues are being explored " etc, just sounds empty , in swansea everyone knows what's going on so all those avenues should have been explored already.

It just points to the fact that the bottom line is that the trust is forever seemingly behind the curve , so what's the point of it ?

The yanks have just basically said " well fck that lot they are irrelevent " and have done it not once but twice.

Sorry for the harsh words, I believe in the work put in and respect all those who try but it seems there is something a miss. If somebody would be so kind to explain what possible options there are in moving forward and what the brass tacks handling of the situation will be I'd love to be put firmly in my place, in fact I'm preying that will happen.

I understand where you are coming form Ice but I guess at some point legal action may take place...as Lisa has pointed out the club has to comply with UK business law and if it does not then maybe the trust have a case.
As said most of us havent a scooby as to what is happeneing so we are all second guessing and reading between the lines......and if there is some form of legal challenge what will the final outocme be and what does that mean to the ownership of the club and future sharehokder relations?

All I know is we are in for a rough ride and maybe a spectacular fall from which there may be no recovery.
Who will be around this time to pick up the pieces?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Trust Statement on 16:13 - Oct 3 with 1705 viewscostalotta

Spot on...

Been thinking and saying for about a year or so myself.

It doesn't make me happy though and I do wish that they had had the cojones to act a lot earlier. There will be those who say they did or what could they have done blah blah blah.

Truth is today has been another in a long line of the club showing complete contempt for the Trust, while they explore avenues. They always seem to be on the back foot. What else can they other than be reactive? Oh, hang on...
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 16:14 - Oct 3 with 1695 viewswhiterock

Trust Statement on 16:08 - Oct 3 by vetchonian

I understand where you are coming form Ice but I guess at some point legal action may take place...as Lisa has pointed out the club has to comply with UK business law and if it does not then maybe the trust have a case.
As said most of us havent a scooby as to what is happeneing so we are all second guessing and reading between the lines......and if there is some form of legal challenge what will the final outocme be and what does that mean to the ownership of the club and future sharehokder relations?

All I know is we are in for a rough ride and maybe a spectacular fall from which there may be no recovery.

I think its wise of the Trust to explore every avenue however frustrating that is, if it is to be a legal standoff then this would take time, we'll see
Trust Statement on 16:14 - Oct 3 with 1695 viewslonglostjack

I think it's been stated several times that the Trust is following legal advice and are unable to make any statements that might be prejudicial to a case. They have also said that a statement will be made shortly. Sounds reasonable enough. I'm prepared to wait.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 16:14]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on 16:14 - Oct 3 with 1695 viewscostalotta

There have been post on here since April about various legal aspects of the takeover and what the Trust may or may not be able to do. NOTHING!!!!!
Trust Statement on 16:22 - Oct 3 with 1660 views3swan

Trust Statement on 14:07 - Oct 3 by Sweyns_Eye

Sorry Uxbridge, but in my opinion thats just not good enough.

Huw Cooze and The Trust have been outmaneouvred and taken for a ride by Huw Jenkins and the Yanks. This action in sacking FG without consulting the supporters director tells you all you need to know about how the working relationship between the current board and the Trust is going to pan out.

Its time for the Trust to up its game and give the board a rough ride. Whether publically or behind the scenes. No more sucking up to HJ and trying to get a working relationship, its obvious he doesn't care.

I would just like to say one thing. Don't you think the Trust knows all of this.

We are all frustrated, but we can say basically what we want. The Trust aren't in that position and I'm sure 100% that things are being looked at that will come out in the near future.
Trust Statement on 16:25 - Oct 3 with 1646 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 16:22 - Oct 3 by 3swan

I would just like to say one thing. Don't you think the Trust knows all of this.

We are all frustrated, but we can say basically what we want. The Trust aren't in that position and I'm sure 100% that things are being looked at that will come out in the near future.

Have they ever kept the old or current board in check?
Trust Statement on 16:31 - Oct 3 with 1621 viewsicecoldjack

Thank you for trying to give me more clarity.

The first point. If the yanks have fallen foul of UK business law then what happens ? My understanding is that the yanks may be clueless about football but not about shafting people in business so that's that one done and dusted.I will be staggered if they leave themselves open to any form of litigation.

The second point. Most haven't a scooby as to what is happening ,Why ? If the trust are in the dark now then they will always and forever be in the dark ! We all know nobody buys the swans because they love our city and club they buy it to make money and cash in on what has been built up.

third point. Why knowing points 1 and 2 is everyone behind the curve ? Is it because the reality is the trust can only go as far as to issue harsh language and statements and nothing else ?

I think most fans deducted we were in " for a rough ride " 10 months ago like the fans , the trust seem powerless to do anything other than say they are dissapointed.

What's the point if owning a gun if you don't have bullets ?

Once again I apologise for seeming anti trust, I'm not at all , I'm just trying to figure out what the situation really is.
Trust Statement on 16:31 - Oct 3 with 1619 views3swan

Trust Statement on 16:25 - Oct 3 by costalotta

How could they keep the old board in check when any vote would go against the Trust.

Let's not forget that the Trust had 21% against 79% before and now.

The Trust's aims was to put forward the view of the fans, that doesn't mean that the club board old or new would listen
Trust Statement on 16:32 - Oct 3 with 1616 viewsUxbridge

No, you're right, the old board asset stripped the feck out of the club, didn't they.

We're in a totally different scenario here. This debacle shows the lack of involvement currently, which only goes to show the difference between now and then.

Anyway, to answer some of the other posts, 3Swan kind of summed it up for me. Most of things on this thread have been debated and discussed within the Trust board, however as said elsewhere really we are limited on what we can say at this exact moment in time. However, if people are capable of reading between the lines, hopefully enough things can be inferred until such time as the full truth comes out,which should be soon.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement on 16:32 - Oct 3 with 1608 viewsicecoldjack

No, because they can't . At least that's what it looks like to me.
Trust Statement on 16:34 - Oct 3 with 1596 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 16:31 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

Thank you for trying to give me more clarity.

The first point. If the yanks have fallen foul of UK business law then what happens ? My understanding is that the yanks may be clueless about football but not about shafting people in business so that's that one done and dusted.I will be staggered if they leave themselves open to any form of litigation.

The second point. Most haven't a scooby as to what is happening ,Why ? If the trust are in the dark now then they will always and forever be in the dark ! We all know nobody buys the swans because they love our city and club they buy it to make money and cash in on what has been built up.

third point. Why knowing points 1 and 2 is everyone behind the curve ? Is it because the reality is the trust can only go as far as to issue harsh language and statements and nothing else ?

I think most fans deducted we were in " for a rough ride " 10 months ago like the fans , the trust seem powerless to do anything other than say they are dissapointed.

What's the point if owning a gun if you don't have bullets ?

Once again I apologise for seeming anti trust, I'm not at all , I'm just trying to figure out what the situation really is.

Very well put.
Trust Statement on 16:39 - Oct 3 with 1570 viewscostalotta

Trust Statement on 16:32 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

No, because they can't . At least that's what it looks like to me.

Right. So if you cannot, lets look at what you can do yeah? I'm sure, no, there is plenty that could have been done. With organisation, belief and the right motivation its surprising what one can achieve. Just look at what happened 15 years ago in our very own town, with our very own club. Let remember what actually happened not what the film did.

We seem to have lost that. Why?
Trust Statement on 16:40 - Oct 3 with 1566 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 16:14 - Oct 3 by longlostjack

I think it's been stated several times that the Trust is following legal advice and are unable to make any statements that might be prejudicial to a case. They have also said that a statement will be made shortly. Sounds reasonable enough. I'm prepared to wait.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 16:14]

Yes but what are the options .

They don't have to say directly but a breakdown by posters close to or people with relevant and like wise knowledge can easily say.

Can the trust really do anything ? If I own 70% of a cake and you own 30 % of it can you stop me eating my share ? And vice versa etc, etc .

I totally understand the complexities will make the above example a bit daft but I'm trying to find if anything at all can actually be done by the trust here. Following leges advice is great, what happened during the take over ? Are we still waiting for the fruits of that legal advice or was there nothing that could be done ?
Trust Statement on 16:46 - Oct 3 with 1528 viewswhiterock

Trust Statement on 16:40 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

Yes but what are the options .

They don't have to say directly but a breakdown by posters close to or people with relevant and like wise knowledge can easily say.

Can the trust really do anything ? If I own 70% of a cake and you own 30 % of it can you stop me eating my share ? And vice versa etc, etc .

I totally understand the complexities will make the above example a bit daft but I'm trying to find if anything at all can actually be done by the trust here. Following leges advice is great, what happened during the take over ? Are we still waiting for the fruits of that legal advice or was there nothing that could be done ?

Legally, yes but as said before, you have to line up all your options
The PR battle will be won only if we stick together like we did 15 years ago
Trust Statement on 16:50 - Oct 3 with 1508 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 16:39 - Oct 3 by costalotta

Right. So if you cannot, lets look at what you can do yeah? I'm sure, no, there is plenty that could have been done. With organisation, belief and the right motivation its surprising what one can achieve. Just look at what happened 15 years ago in our very own town, with our very own club. Let remember what actually happened not what the film did.

We seem to have lost that. Why?

I take your point but it's like comparing apples and oranges when we look at 15 yrs ago and now.

I'm hearing and forever hearing that the trust is per suing options and seeking legal advice but I want to know, and nobody has yet answered, what can actually be done.

Let's pretend it's Fishguard utd in the same position as us, how would they right the wrongs legally ?

Plenty of people here should be able to lay down potential options and strategy free of any litigation of we are discussing a completely different "club"

We can all read between the lines for the answers of that helps.
Trust Statement on 16:55 - Oct 3 with 1481 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 16:46 - Oct 3 by whiterock

Legally, yes but as said before, you have to line up all your options
The PR battle will be won only if we stick together like we did 15 years ago

The PR battle will be won only if we stick together ? Well surely that's already won!! Everyone fookin hates what the yanks are doing !

So we all stick together, draw a line in the sand, then what happens ?

See, all I'm hearing are buzz words and lines " you have to line up all your options " well with respect, haven't we been lining up our options since the back handed take over was in motion 10 months ago ?
Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 with 1453 viewsMurph75

Trust Statement on 16:55 - Oct 3 by icecoldjack

The PR battle will be won only if we stick together ? Well surely that's already won!! Everyone fookin hates what the yanks are doing !

So we all stick together, draw a line in the sand, then what happens ?

See, all I'm hearing are buzz words and lines " you have to line up all your options " well with respect, haven't we been lining up our options since the back handed take over was in motion 10 months ago ?

I don't hate what they're doing.

Acted swiftly to replace a manger who was out of his depth and they've broken our transfer record.

Let not get the pitch forks out just yet.
Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 with 1452 viewsOldjack

The trust is worthless , always left in the shadows ,what's the point if they have no power whatsoever? which is what it seems

[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 17:03]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024