Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 13:39 - Oct 3 with 18322 views34dfgdf54

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/03/trust-reaction-to-change-in-management-at

We are being f*cked royally.
Trust Statement on 22:14 - Oct 3 with 2028 viewsCopaMundial

Trust Statement on 21:22 - Oct 3 by Phil_S

I'[m not going to get involved in a long debate tonight but simply to say that there has been much suggested on here as to what the Trust could do but it would be madness to state publically what our next move is until we have completely worked through all the options. Like the chess player that thinks 2/3 moves ahead, that is what we are doing and we are doing so with some excellent advice from a group of people who will ensure that the moves the Trust make will be the right ones.

I completely buy that this could therefore be seen as inaction but I promise each and every one of you it is not. And people are welcome to believe that me , or any of the Trust board, are the wrong people but for now we are the people entrusted with fighting our corner and believe me that is exactly what we are doing. And I hope that when we make the statements - which will be soon - that you can see that at the time.

I'm not going into sob story mode but the last six months - since that Chelsea game - have been massively draining and we have people who say we should say something even if it is to say the above but for each of those we have those that would hammer us for doing just that. Without having something to say we really cannot win whichever way we play it. So we made the decisions we have whether they are right in everyones eyes or not.

We have made a few statements which for some that I have spoken to is enough and for some it isn't enough. See the dilemma?

Today's statement I think gives you some indication of the way things are progressing in our relationship with the new owners and hopefully very soon (and I do mean very soon) you will see exactly what work we have been doing and our members will know exactly where we need to proceed.

I genuinely cannot please everyone at the moment but just for now I ask people to bear with us and do not mistake silence for inaction, the two could not be further apart in the truth

Also please don't mistake any non responses from me to topics on here in the next few days as ignoring comments/concerns just simply that I am away with work until Friday which has been much the pattern of the past month

The one thing that the lessons of the past have taught is us that we need to be united as a fanbase and that is what I would ask at this point in time, lets not become our neighbours, let's be together and if that is the last thing I do as head of the Trust then so be it but this is our club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

On the basis of that post Phil I will renew my Membership....something I haven't done for several years.
Trust Statement on 22:37 - Oct 3 with 1956 viewsPhil_S

Thanks everyone - on the basis of the past few months I (and I am not alone) have never felt so drained with events at the football club but there is a fight to be had (and won) and that spurs me on but it means much to have people uniting behind us

Not blaming anyone for the comments made but together we are a collective unit and the Trust needs to be at the head of it.

We should never forget we own 21% of the football club no matter how ineffective you think it may be at times.
Trust Statement on 22:39 - Oct 3 with 1948 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trust Statement on 22:37 - Oct 3 by Phil_S

Thanks everyone - on the basis of the past few months I (and I am not alone) have never felt so drained with events at the football club but there is a fight to be had (and won) and that spurs me on but it means much to have people uniting behind us

Not blaming anyone for the comments made but together we are a collective unit and the Trust needs to be at the head of it.

We should never forget we own 21% of the football club no matter how ineffective you think it may be at times.

Well said Mr S. And thank God for that. Keep up the good work.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Trust Statement on 00:18 - Oct 4 with 1825 viewscockneyswan

STID
Trust Statement on 06:59 - Oct 4 with 1727 viewswaynekerr55

Spot on Phil.

Pay your ten quid guys and let's get our club back!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Statement on 07:44 - Oct 4 with 1671 viewsmarchamjack

I think the majority are behind you and the rest of the Trust Phil, albeit they may be the silent majority and don't come on here. I very much hope the Trust will still be here long after the current, transitory owners have come and gone as no doubt they will sooner rather than later...and the next owners come along.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust Statement on 07:52 - Oct 4 with 1650 viewsBigPhilG

Keep fighting Mr S, we are all with you
Trust Statement on 08:01 - Oct 4 with 1626 viewsAngelRangelQS

Keep going Phil.

As soon as more information can be released, you'll have the full weight of the Jack Army behind you.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 08:05 - Oct 4 with 1616 viewsStarsky

Trust Statement on 08:01 - Oct 4 by AngelRangelQS

Keep going Phil.

As soon as more information can be released, you'll have the full weight of the Jack Army behind you.

He doesn't though does he? Only a small percentage have joined the trust.
They may have 21% of the club ownership but only 10% of its spectator fan base are members

It's just the internet, init.

Trust Statement on 08:10 - Oct 4 with 1601 viewsDr_Winston

Trust Statement on 08:05 - Oct 4 by Starsky

They may have 21% of the club ownership but only 10% of its spectator fan base are members

Which is a sad reflection on the fanbase.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Statement on 08:14 - Oct 4 with 1597 viewsAnotherJohn

As a member I understand and support the Trust's position.
Trust Statement on 08:26 - Oct 4 with 1566 views34dfgdf54

Keep it going Phil.

STID
Trust Statement on 08:30 - Oct 4 with 1555 viewswaynekerr55

Trust Statement on 08:05 - Oct 4 by Starsky

I second Winston's post.

Those who are inactive now will squeal loudest if things go tits up.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Statement on 08:31 - Oct 4 with 1552 viewsSwansNZ

Trust Statement on 08:14 - Oct 4 by AnotherJohn

As a member I understand and support the Trust's position.

Me too.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Trust Statement on 08:35 - Oct 4 with 1547 viewsPrivate_Partz

The worrying for me Phil is the other trust members involved are trying to deal with this set up but are drained in the process. Sounds to me like they keep shifting their position on the little information they are feeding you.
There is no point in you guys making yourself ill over this.
I am not sure if you agree but I think we could be nearing the time when the gloves come off. The Trust can then, with the backing of the supporters, expose these incompetent chancers for what they are.
If they are not prepared to work with the Trust then there is no other way IMHO.
I am speaking here as someone with no inside knowledge and I may be a mile off but hard working members of the trust making themselves ill is surely not an option for much longer.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 8:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on 08:37 - Oct 4 with 1534 viewsvetchonian

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Oct 3 by Murph75

I don't hate what they're doing.

Acted swiftly to replace a manger who was out of his depth and they've broken our transfer record.

Let not get the pitch forks out just yet.

And replaced him with another manager who will be even further out of his depth!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Trust Statement on 08:48 - Oct 4 with 1506 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 08:37 - Oct 4 by vetchonian

And replaced him with another manager who will be even further out of his depth!

Plus the original manager was no way out of his depth.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on 08:55 - Oct 4 with 1487 viewsraynor94

Trust Statement on 08:37 - Oct 4 by vetchonian

Let's at least give the bloke a chance, before we decide he's out of his depth, I personally was losing faith in Guidolin rapidly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Trust Statement on 09:01 - Oct 4 with 1454 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 08:55 - Oct 4 by raynor94

Let's at least give the bloke a chance, before we decide he's out of his depth, I personally was losing faith in Guidolin rapidly

The chance he will get is if he gets results. I don't think he is going to get pelters from the off but a tanking at the haemorrhoids and a loss to Watford and the disquiet will start.
I had no problems with FG. Doing his best with a poor and late transfer window and improving performances whilst playing a difficult run of fixtures against top teams. Should have been given a chance against teams in 'our league'. As Lisa said Frankie was sacked and Boo appointed for commercial reasons and it is a bigger gamble then appointing Monk which at least took a year to go nipples up.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 9:17]

Trust Statement on 09:04 - Oct 4 with 1436 viewsmonmouth

OK but I hope you'll excuse me saying this isn't the issue on this thread now Raynes. This is much more important than a transient club employee.

We need more weight in the membership numbers really. Time to consider free membership again at least for a year? The e-mail database is the key. We want the Trust's messages to reach every person on the club database personally now. However it can be done, short term at least this has to get to everybody not just us 1500 members and message board viewers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement on 09:05 - Oct 4 with 1434 viewsBanosswan

If someone with his 'resume' came in at 44 years old you could say it was a gamble, but he's up and coming. The bloke's 58, what's he been doing? Carlo Ancelotti and rafa benitez are younger ffs.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Trust Statement on 12:28 - Oct 4 with 1322 viewsPolskijack

I have resisted joining the Trust because as of yet, I haven't heard a strong enough argument regarding the current relevance of the Trust. However Phil's comments above are good enough for me so I have joined. Lets get our club back.
Trust Statement on 12:38 - Oct 4 with 1292 viewsBarrySwan

Huw Cooze is a good guy who's heart is totally in Swansea City football club.

However it must be fairly obvious to anyone, that once the trust director starts to be paid a renumeration from the club then that position as a fans representative is compromised whoever that person is and however well meaning and honest that person is.

I think that the Trust as a major shareholder were treated with contempt and in some cases open hostility for years by a number of the other shareholders and board members including some who had a far smaller of a stake in the club, the Trust should have laid down a marker years ago that this was not acceptable.

Whilst the supporter director worked with the other shareholders for the good of the club and reported a greater acceptance and better working relationship with the other board members towards the Trust director over time, I feel that he was operating under a false illusion that his new friendship with other directors including the travelling together to away games with his new 'mates on the board' and being invited to various functions and tours translated into genuine acceptance of the Trusts right as the equal second biggest shareholder in the club.

I appreciate that HC felt that he had gained a certain acceptance and mutual respect from the rest of the board due to his representation of the supporters and clubs best interests but feel that he had indeed misread the continued disdain for the clubs equal biggest shareholder whose interests he was representing.

It's a shame really as I feel that HC genuinely felt that he and the Trust had been accepted by the board as almost equal partners and as we all now know this belief has been translated into a series of slaps in the face of the the most blatant kind.

Subsequent events have proved the complete and utter contempt that other 'players' in the board room have always held the Trust in as well as, the supporter director, the Trust members and other supporters trying to contribute to the club's well being.

It's a short sharp lesson in not being fooled by those around you.
Trust Statement on 14:35 - Oct 4 with 1228 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trust Statement on 21:22 - Oct 3 by Phil_S

I'[m not going to get involved in a long debate tonight but simply to say that there has been much suggested on here as to what the Trust could do but it would be madness to state publically what our next move is until we have completely worked through all the options. Like the chess player that thinks 2/3 moves ahead, that is what we are doing and we are doing so with some excellent advice from a group of people who will ensure that the moves the Trust make will be the right ones.

I completely buy that this could therefore be seen as inaction but I promise each and every one of you it is not. And people are welcome to believe that me , or any of the Trust board, are the wrong people but for now we are the people entrusted with fighting our corner and believe me that is exactly what we are doing. And I hope that when we make the statements - which will be soon - that you can see that at the time.

I'm not going into sob story mode but the last six months - since that Chelsea game - have been massively draining and we have people who say we should say something even if it is to say the above but for each of those we have those that would hammer us for doing just that. Without having something to say we really cannot win whichever way we play it. So we made the decisions we have whether they are right in everyones eyes or not.

We have made a few statements which for some that I have spoken to is enough and for some it isn't enough. See the dilemma?

Today's statement I think gives you some indication of the way things are progressing in our relationship with the new owners and hopefully very soon (and I do mean very soon) you will see exactly what work we have been doing and our members will know exactly where we need to proceed.

I genuinely cannot please everyone at the moment but just for now I ask people to bear with us and do not mistake silence for inaction, the two could not be further apart in the truth

Also please don't mistake any non responses from me to topics on here in the next few days as ignoring comments/concerns just simply that I am away with work until Friday which has been much the pattern of the past month

The one thing that the lessons of the past have taught is us that we need to be united as a fanbase and that is what I would ask at this point in time, lets not become our neighbours, let's be together and if that is the last thing I do as head of the Trust then so be it but this is our club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil, not knocking what you said, as I completely agree.
But as an ex Swansea League Chess player I hope it is not 2 to 3 moves ahead, more like 5, 6 or 7.
Trust Statement on 15:02 - Oct 4 with 1201 viewsswansdaveh

Well done the Trust for there work over the last 10+ years and its about time this new American owners board members relished that the trust represents the supporters without who no money would go into the club each week and they would have to rely on the premier money Maybe they should look at Swansea history and Mr tony petty who wanted to make money out of Swansea until the supporters stepped in to stop him.
Do we really need a American manager who coming from a second rate French club who claim to fame is he was a American team coach when America was a second rate team
(not that they much better now)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024