Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... 20:31 - Oct 3 with 4611 viewsTrundle10

Would he have been appointed. Was he the man on everyones lips? Was he mentioned when we were looking to replace Monk. This is done to appease the yanks. We are an absolute joke. We laughed at Cardiff, we are not laughing now
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 13:44]
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:33 - Oct 3 with 3058 viewsexiledclaseboy

To be fair, I still reserve the right to have a good old chuckle at Cardiff.

Poll: Tory leader

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:34 - Oct 3 with 3048 viewsDr_Winston

As bad as things have gotten we're still a hell of a lot better off than the Canton Jamrags.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:40 - Oct 3 with 2992 viewsJJJack

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:34 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

As bad as things have gotten we're still a hell of a lot better off than the Canton Jamrags.

This is the question I've been considering. In short, no chance. So why is he here now?! Feckin Yanks - stick to starting wars every few years, faking moon landings and ensuring most of the world lives in abject poverty (including the Swans by the luck of it
Shambles
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:43 - Oct 3 with 2972 viewsDr_Winston

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:40 - Oct 3 by JJJack

This is the question I've been considering. In short, no chance. So why is he here now?! Feckin Yanks - stick to starting wars every few years, faking moon landings and ensuring most of the world lives in abject poverty (including the Swans by the luck of it
Shambles

I am resolutely not forming any opinions on Bradley yet, mostly because I know next to nothing about the bloke. Admittedly that hasn't stopped most others, but still...

It is what it is. Personally I saw no point replacing Guidolin without radically changing the way the team is managed unless someone truly exceptional was available and interested. Obviously nobody was, but they did it anyway.

I hope Bradley proves the doubters wrong. Won't be a fun season if he can't.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:46 - Oct 3 with 2946 viewsjack247

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:43 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

I am resolutely not forming any opinions on Bradley yet, mostly because I know next to nothing about the bloke. Admittedly that hasn't stopped most others, but still...

It is what it is. Personally I saw no point replacing Guidolin without radically changing the way the team is managed unless someone truly exceptional was available and interested. Obviously nobody was, but they did it anyway.

I hope Bradley proves the doubters wrong. Won't be a fun season if he can't.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Everybody knows next to nothing about the bloke. It's what happens when you have a 35 year career without achieving anything of note
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:47 - Oct 3 with 2943 viewsDr_Winston

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:46 - Oct 3 by jack247

Everybody knows next to nothing about the bloke. It's what happens when you have a 35 year career without achieving anything of note

Fair point.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:14 - Oct 3 with 2848 viewsLeonisGod

He did well in the Federations Cup mun!!!
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:18 - Oct 3 with 2829 viewsjack247

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:14 - Oct 3 by LeonisGod

He did well in the Federations Cup mun!!!

Oh my mistake.Makes sense now, Wengers contract is up at the end of the season. We were probably worried about Arsenal gazumping us
Login to get fewer ads

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:20 - Oct 3 with 2817 views3swan

I know the job wasn't advertised but with all the rumours over the last couple of weeks I'm sure that agents would have been putting names forward.

So we have the best manger that was available?

The sacking was disrespectful to FG

The appointment was disrespectful to the fans.

It could turn out ok but that still won't change my mind on how things have been done
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 21:21]
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:20 - Oct 3 with 2809 viewsDewi1jack

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 20:33 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

To be fair, I still reserve the right to have a good old chuckle at Cardiff.

It would be bad etiquette not to really.
Especially as we're not currently as low as they are.
Even if the worst happens and we are relegated, they're determined not to have another local derby, if they can help it

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:22 - Oct 3 with 2785 viewsjackjackjackjack

"Swansea City also spoke to former Wales and Manchester United captain Ryan Giggs, ex-Derby County manager Paul Clement and former Sevilla and Villarreal coach Marcelino about the manager's job."

From the BBC article. No one mentioned Marcelino in the last few days.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:13 - Oct 3 with 2648 viewsJackFish

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:22 - Oct 3 by jackjackjackjack

"Swansea City also spoke to former Wales and Manchester United captain Ryan Giggs, ex-Derby County manager Paul Clement and former Sevilla and Villarreal coach Marcelino about the manager's job."

From the BBC article. No one mentioned Marcelino in the last few days.

So we spoke with a guy who took Villarreal up, got three consecutive top six finishes with them and took them to a Europa League semi, but went for the guy whose best achievement is almost getting a side promoted from the French second division? Makes sense.

Totally agree with Jobby - if they'd got rid of FG and brought in someone with a proven record at this level then I could see it, but the problems are way deeper than the manager and I don't see the Bradley's going to do any better.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:32 - Oct 3 with 2597 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:13 - Oct 3 by JackFish

So we spoke with a guy who took Villarreal up, got three consecutive top six finishes with them and took them to a Europa League semi, but went for the guy whose best achievement is almost getting a side promoted from the French second division? Makes sense.

Totally agree with Jobby - if they'd got rid of FG and brought in someone with a proven record at this level then I could see it, but the problems are way deeper than the manager and I don't see the Bradley's going to do any better.

According to the Daily mail (I know), we were concerned about Marcelino's English.

Clement interviewed well, Giggs didn't.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:35 - Oct 3 with 2581 viewsSwansNZ

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:13 - Oct 3 by JackFish

As soon as they discovered Marcelino was not an Italian-American from the Bronx, they cooled their interest.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:37 - Oct 3 with 2567 viewsbuilthjack

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:32 - Oct 3 by Joe_bradshaw

According to the Daily mail (I know), we were concerned about Marcelino's English.

So why didn't Clement get it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:38 - Oct 3 with 2554 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:37 - Oct 3 by builthjack

Wrong coloured passport?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:40 - Oct 3 with 2541 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:32 - Oct 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Ah if only they'd have said. Oldjack speaks a form of English and is unemployed.
He only wanted a grand a week too

*edit, the dialect he uses is "Mushian"
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 23:41]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:44 - Oct 3 with 2522 viewsjacktar

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:37 - Oct 3 by builthjack

Done deal I fear.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:52 - Oct 3 with 2499 viewsPozuelosSideys

What if Bradley turns out to be an absolute flop. Do the Yanks:

a.) Admit they were wrong, wind in their ego and fire him, much to the hilarity of everyone else as theyll look like massive mugs?

b.) Watch on stubbornly as he sinks the ship in to the Championship?

My money is on option b. If this guy turns out to be a clown, we stand no chance. None.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:00 - Oct 4 with 2469 viewsSmellyplumz

Bobby boil is just a w ank sock for the owners, no chance in hell he would be here otherwise. Plus he's ugly man and arrogant.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:04 - Oct 4 with 2446 viewsAngelRangelQS

If we didn't have American owners this wouldn't have been met with anywhere near the opposition it has been.

Apparently the owners didn't even know Bradley before all this... whether you believe that is another thing of course.

A lot of what has been written about him is relatively positive. If he can restore some confidence, get us a bit more organised and is backed in January, then we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

At the end of the day, his CV isn't awful. Decent showings with USA and Egypt, did well at the Norwegian team and not bad at Le Havre either.

Not concerned overly about the style of football... that went out of the window with Laudrup
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:05 - Oct 4 with 2437 viewsSmellyplumz

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:04 - Oct 4 by AngelRangelQS

If we didn't have American owners this wouldn't have been met with anywhere near the opposition it has been.

Apparently the owners didn't even know Bradley before all this... whether you believe that is another thing of course.

A lot of what has been written about him is relatively positive. If he can restore some confidence, get us a bit more organised and is backed in January, then we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

At the end of the day, his CV isn't awful. Decent showings with USA and Egypt, did well at the Norwegian team and not bad at Le Havre either.

Not concerned overly about the style of football... that went out of the window with Laudrup

God is that how you feel, jesus wept!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:16 - Oct 4 with 2410 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:05 - Oct 4 by Smellyplumz

God is that how you feel, jesus wept!

No I was simply offering a different view point on it.

The way I feel is that Guidolin did a good job last season and deserved his chance this season. We didn't improve the squad anywhere near as much as we should have done (or at all), our record signing has been injured, Gylfi missed all of pre-season, we sold our captain and have had a very tough run of fixtures. To judge him on these 7 games is absolute madness. The way he was treated was shameful and I can't believe the job wasn't opened up properly to see who else may have been interested. I think it's a massive gamble and I'm really disappointed and disenchanted with today's events.

If the trust should have been consulted over the dismissal and weren't, that is inexcusable and the most disappointing thing about today but I think we've reached the stage where I expected no less from the rest of the board.

However... all that aside, there are enough commentators and ex players who seem to be saying good things about Bradley. We've appointed people with worse (or no) CVs in the past and it's worked out well.

However he's been appointed and however disappointed people may be at the actions of the club, this isn't Bradley's fault and from here on in, he should be judged in the same way as any other manager and not on his nationality or the circumstances of his appointment.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 0:17]
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 01:42 - Oct 4 with 2353 viewsMrBoognish

Who did Klopp earn his stripes with before getting a top job at a Bundesliga side in Mainz? What were Pep's managing credentials before leading Barcelona? Who did Mourinho have on his cv as a manager before being given one of the top teams in Europe at Porto? The answer to every single one of those questions is NO ONE! They had absolutely no top tier managerial experience before making the big time, why is that all of the sudden an issue? It's because you are all bigots and the fact that Bradley is American doesn't sit well. It's like you're all are rooting for him to fail because your bigotry means more than anything else and that's disgusting. Sorry excuse for human beings, bigoted and hate filled.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 02:11 - Oct 4 with 2317 viewsSwansNZ

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 01:42 - Oct 4 by MrBoognish

Who did Klopp earn his stripes with before getting a top job at a Bundesliga side in Mainz? What were Pep's managing credentials before leading Barcelona? Who did Mourinho have on his cv as a manager before being given one of the top teams in Europe at Porto? The answer to every single one of those questions is NO ONE! They had absolutely no top tier managerial experience before making the big time, why is that all of the sudden an issue? It's because you are all bigots and the fact that Bradley is American doesn't sit well. It's like you're all are rooting for him to fail because your bigotry means more than anything else and that's disgusting. Sorry excuse for human beings, bigoted and hate filled.

Nothing to do with him being American Huw.

Klopp - Mainz were in tier 2, so not a top job at a Bundesliga side.

Guardiola - managed Barca B and had them promoted, so progressed to the "senior" side.

Mourinho had been assistant at Porto, as well as Barcelona, and manager of Benfica and União de Leiria in the top flight before Porto.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024