Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
newport v swansea 20:23 - Oct 4 with 12790 viewsj01

o-o so far
newport v swansea on 12:22 - Oct 5 with 1876 viewsoldcob

newport v swansea on 20:56 - Oct 4 by SwansNZ

Huw; If you think we're spending any money in January........ there's the door good boy.
newport v swansea on 12:54 - Oct 6 with 1699 viewsLegend83

Nicked from another site:

"I went up with my nephew, expecting 30-40 fans at best so was pleasantly surprised to see 118 mad Jacks making the effort.

The game was poor. Newport were very poor and we weren't much better. Only Kingsley looked a level above everyone on the pitch, which was what disappointed me the most, along with the lack of style or identity.

Our huge right back, signed from ManU, just hoofed the ball upfield every single time he got it. Between Mawson and the other centre half, you could not guess which one was tipped to be a first-teamer very soon. Mawson looked disinterested and was beaten in duels far more than he won. I really wanted to see a strong performance from him but I was hugely disappointed.

Alex Samuel is a bundle of pace and energy and deserved his goal. He's small but I like the way he plays. Ryan Blair reminded me of Owain Tudor-Jones. He's tall, has good posture and a nice pass on him but he wasn't able to dominate the midfield as much as he could be, but maybe that's because he's only 19.

Fulton was average - he did some good things but also did some not-so-good things. I think many of us expected him to shine against such weak opposition.

Overall, we won and the job was done but I didn't get the feeling that the team had ANY philosophy or style at all. They didn't seem entirely determined or focused on winning at all costs. Considering Jenkins, Bradley, Curt and Jason Levien were in the crowd, I would have expected a lot more effort.

I think the best way to sum up the performance is to ask how many of our players would Newport be delighted to take on loan if offered (based on that game alone) - the answer would be just Kingsley and Samuel.

I wonder how many of these kids, earning thousands PER WEEK already, think that they've already made it!!

Finally, one player from their side stood out - Jazzi Barnum-Bobb. He played at right back and was decent all evening. He might have had more success if he hadn't been up against a strong and reliable Kingsley all evening."
newport v swansea on 13:12 - Oct 6 with 1654 viewsvetchonian

newport v swansea on 12:54 - Oct 6 by Legend83

"I went up with my nephew, expecting 30-40 fans at best so was pleasantly surprised to see 118 mad Jacks making the effort.

The game was poor. Newport were very poor and we weren't much better. Only Kingsley looked a level above everyone on the pitch, which was what disappointed me the most, along with the lack of style or identity.

Our huge right back, signed from ManU, just hoofed the ball upfield every single time he got it. Between Mawson and the other centre half, you could not guess which one was tipped to be a first-teamer very soon. Mawson looked disinterested and was beaten in duels far more than he won. I really wanted to see a strong performance from him but I was hugely disappointed.

Alex Samuel is a bundle of pace and energy and deserved his goal. He's small but I like the way he plays. Ryan Blair reminded me of Owain Tudor-Jones. He's tall, has good posture and a nice pass on him but he wasn't able to dominate the midfield as much as he could be, but maybe that's because he's only 19.

Fulton was average - he did some good things but also did some not-so-good things. I think many of us expected him to shine against such weak opposition.

Overall, we won and the job was done but I didn't get the feeling that the team had ANY philosophy or style at all. They didn't seem entirely determined or focused on winning at all costs. Considering Jenkins, Bradley, Curt and Jason Levien were in the crowd, I would have expected a lot more effort.

I think the best way to sum up the performance is to ask how many of our players would Newport be delighted to take on loan if offered (based on that game alone) - the answer would be just Kingsley and Samuel.

I wonder how many of these kids, earning thousands PER WEEK already, think that they've already made it!!

Finally, one player from their side stood out - Jazzi Barnum-Bobb. He played at right back and was decent all evening. He might have had more success if he hadn't been up against a strong and reliable Kingsley all evening."

THis is worrying as I thought it was a club strategy to get the acadamy and then all levels playing to our "style"....that said do we have a style anymore?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

newport v swansea on 13:28 - Oct 6 with 1628 viewsjasper_T

Fulton's that weird kind of player that looks equally at home at every level: unremarkable without being outright bad whether he's playing in the u21s, u23s, the Championship or Premier League. Probably gone as far as he can go with us. Or maybe he could do a squad player job at Barcelona?

Not good news about our saviour Mawson.
newport v swansea on 13:35 - Oct 6 with 1618 viewsLegend83

newport v swansea on 13:28 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Fulton's that weird kind of player that looks equally at home at every level: unremarkable without being outright bad whether he's playing in the u21s, u23s, the Championship or Premier League. Probably gone as far as he can go with us. Or maybe he could do a squad player job at Barcelona?

Not good news about our saviour Mawson.

Good job VdH looks half decent!

And yes, Fulton is a tricky one. Solid is about as good as it gets - I have never seen him do anything vaguely remarkable.

Yet worryingly I would still have him on the 1st XI bench over Ki...
newport v swansea on 13:43 - Oct 6 with 1601 viewslondonlisa2001

Not sure we need another Barnum Bob?

In seriousness, not great re Mawson and this report is from Nick R, so not one for unnecessary criticism either.
newport v swansea on 13:45 - Oct 6 with 1597 viewsNeiltheTaylor

newport v swansea on 13:35 - Oct 6 by Legend83

Good job VdH looks half decent!

And yes, Fulton is a tricky one. Solid is about as good as it gets - I have never seen him do anything vaguely remarkable.

Yet worryingly I would still have him on the 1st XI bench over Ki...

Did they he almost score a goal last week! True otherwise though.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

newport v swansea on 19:15 - Oct 6 with 1513 viewsCountyJim

Barum Bobb was released by kardiff got a good throw on him
Login to get fewer ads

newport v swansea on 19:21 - Oct 6 with 1498 viewsWarwickHunt

newport v swansea on 19:15 - Oct 6 by CountyJim

Sounds like a circus - he'll fit in well.
newport v swansea on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 1487 viewsDarran

newport v swansea on 19:15 - Oct 6 by CountyJim

God you're f*cking thick aye.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

newport v swansea on 19:24 - Oct 6 with 1482 viewsCountyJim

newport v swansea on 19:21 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Sounds like a circus - he'll fit in well.

His first name is Jazzi

His sister is Calypso Barnum-Bobb
newport v swansea on 19:25 - Oct 6 with 1480 viewsCountyJim

newport v swansea on 19:22 - Oct 6 by Darran

God you're f*cking thick aye.

Thank you
newport v swansea on 20:41 - Oct 22 with 1299 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Different Mawson played today then?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024