Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do they do this on purpose 08:43 - Oct 5 with 2444 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You know just to F@cking wind everyone up

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/trident-submarines-bu

Pick the bones out of that one

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Do they do this on purpose on 09:23 - Oct 5 with 1630 viewsLeonisGod

taking back control
Do they do this on purpose on 09:59 - Oct 5 with 1586 viewsLohengrin

I can see a point in the not too distant future where the political process here will reach a genuine crisis of legitimacy. There is little faith evident now but actions like this again beg the question who is there to serve the genuine interests of the people of this country?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Do they do this on purpose on 10:55 - Oct 5 with 1521 viewsHighjack

Do they do this on purpose on 09:23 - Oct 5 by LeonisGod

taking back control

I dont want to kick up the Brexit thing again because it's been done to death and we're all sick of it but if we were out of the EU and single market wouldn't that French steel have higher tariffs on it? That in turn would bump up the price therefore forcing the governments hand into buying British for this sort of thing. I don't know, I'm not an economist but it seems to me that free movement of goods wouldn't always benefit us if our businesses can be undercut by cheap crap from abroad.

But of course that's irrelevant because they should be buying British anyway out of principle for this sort of thing as Lohengrin has already suggested, it's an absolute piss take.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do they do this on purpose on 11:20 - Oct 5 with 1483 viewsLeonisGod

Do they do this on purpose on 10:55 - Oct 5 by Highjack

I dont want to kick up the Brexit thing again because it's been done to death and we're all sick of it but if we were out of the EU and single market wouldn't that French steel have higher tariffs on it? That in turn would bump up the price therefore forcing the governments hand into buying British for this sort of thing. I don't know, I'm not an economist but it seems to me that free movement of goods wouldn't always benefit us if our businesses can be undercut by cheap crap from abroad.

But of course that's irrelevant because they should be buying British anyway out of principle for this sort of thing as Lohengrin has already suggested, it's an absolute piss take.

Depends what the Brexit deal ends up amounting to I suppose. Unfortunately Tories don't have principles, so they're highly unlikely to support our own manufacturing sector when they can, as you say, buy cheaper stuff from overseas. May would sell her granny if she thought she could get a few bob (and if she was alive, although that probably wouldn't stop her).
Do they do this on purpose on 11:21 - Oct 5 with 1477 viewsLord_Bony

Betrayal of British workers indeed.

Disgusting waste of money.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Do they do this on purpose on 11:33 - Oct 5 with 1456 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You ain't seen f@ck all yet

May is thatcher on steroids

Do they do this on purpose on 11:53 - Oct 5 with 1430 viewsLeonisGod

Do they do this on purpose on 11:33 - Oct 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

Hard to disagree with that
Do they do this on purpose on 12:09 - Oct 5 with 1397 viewsepaul

Bang on the money Tommy,

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Do they do this on purpose on 12:35 - Oct 5 with 1365 viewssherpajacob

When people realise this she will be as popular as Maggie was in 80/81.

What odds a little colonial war in 2019?

Looks like we are going to need those submarines.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Do they do this on purpose on 13:53 - Oct 5 with 1286 viewsLord_Bony

Do they do this on purpose on 12:35 - Oct 5 by sherpajacob

When people realise this she will be as popular as Maggie was in 80/81.

What odds a little colonial war in 2019?

Looks like we are going to need those submarines.

Especially with the next US president...whichever one they choose.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Do they do this on purpose on 13:56 - Oct 5 with 1276 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

SYRIA
its making headlines on bbc news , russia taking the blame from the west.

Be worried ,be very worried,

Do they do this on purpose on 14:15 - Oct 5 with 1248 viewsLord_Bony

Is Russia preparing for World War 3?

40 millions citizens taking part in drills right now according to The Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/717446/russia-evacuate-40-million-people-eme

Do they do this on purpose on 14:48 - Oct 5 with 1204 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-speech-tory-conference

Facking Hell

Do they do this on purpose on 14:50 - Oct 5 with 1200 viewsPozuelosSideys

Do they do this on purpose on 10:55 - Oct 5 by Highjack

If they slap tariff's on their goods, the UK will respond in kind..maybe French wine gets one making it more expensive. Tariff wars like that benefit nobody

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Do they do this on purpose on 15:04 - Oct 5 with 1178 viewsHighjack

Do they do this on purpose on 14:50 - Oct 5 by PozuelosSideys

If they slap tariff's on their goods, the UK will respond in kind..maybe French wine gets one making it more expensive. Tariff wars like that benefit nobody

The EU would decide the tariffs, not the French. And they wouldn't allow free trade without free movement. Therefore there would have to be some sort of tariff on the French steel if we leave the single market, whereas UK steel wouldn't have that tariff on top of the price of steel is the point I was haphazardly attempting to make.

Like I said before I'm no economist but everyone says the single market is this great thing, but it's examples like this that suggest that it is easy for our businesses to be undercut by importing cheaper stuff from elsewhere for free?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Do they do this on purpose on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 1151 viewsDafyddHuw

£41billion. Nearer £60billion by the time it's finished.
And all for a weapon that we'll never use. How many years now have we had a nuclear capability that we've never used?

Think how many scools, teachers, hospitals, doctors, nurses we could get for that.

Absolutely obscene.
Do they do this on purpose on 15:50 - Oct 5 with 1138 views3swan

Many years ago while working for the then British Leyland ( I know I know) we were all given car stickers

“Buy British don’t export your jobs”

I know cheaper alternative, quality etc, but the meaning still holds true today
Do they do this on purpose on 16:25 - Oct 5 with 1095 viewsJack_Meoff

Do they do this on purpose on 13:56 - Oct 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

SYRIA
its making headlines on bbc news , russia taking the blame from the west.

Be worried ,be very worried,

We're being lied to on a massive scale about Syria and Assad. It's never been a civil war, it's Western f*ckery against the Syrian people. It's always been about regime change. Always.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Do they do this on purpose on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 1042 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do they do this on purpose on 16:25 - Oct 5 by Jack_Meoff

We're being lied to on a massive scale about Syria and Assad. It's never been a civil war, it's Western f*ckery against the Syrian people. It's always been about regime change. Always.

indeed

Do they do this on purpose on 17:14 - Oct 5 with 1037 viewsexiledclaseboy

No idea where you've got that from. So far she's been fairly nondescript with no clear direction or vision at all. She'll be dictated to by events as opposed to dictating events. Today's speech was more proof of that. Empty platitudes, a clear pitch for the centre ground abandoned by Corbyn and no detail at all because she knows that she has very little actual control.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 17:15]

Poll: Tory leader

Do they do this on purpose on 17:21 - Oct 5 with 1026 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Do they do this on purpose on 17:14 - Oct 5 by exiledclaseboy

No idea where you've got that from. So far she's been fairly nondescript with no clear direction or vision at all. She'll be dictated to by events as opposed to dictating events. Today's speech was more proof of that. Empty platitudes, a clear pitch for the centre ground abandoned by Corbyn and no detail at all because she knows that she has very little actual control.

A split wont be far off

Do they do this on purpose on 17:44 - Oct 5 with 989 viewsepaul

Corbyn gets hammer for being anti trident therefore anti British workers and these cùnts pull this stunt

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Do they do this on purpose on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 947 viewsLeonisGod

Do they do this on purpose on 15:36 - Oct 5 by DafyddHuw

£41billion. Nearer £60billion by the time it's finished.
And all for a weapon that we'll never use. How many years now have we had a nuclear capability that we've never used?

Think how many scools, teachers, hospitals, doctors, nurses we could get for that.

Absolutely obscene.

We should use up the old one before buying another shouldn't we? Very wasteful.

I saw a stat the other day saying we would need to spend £1 bn extra per day(?) on the NHS to get the same service level that the Germans get from their health serice (might have been £1 bn a week, but it was a short time whatever it was). So £60 bn wouldn't go very far - months to a year at most.
Do they do this on purpose on 13:28 - Oct 6 with 814 viewssherpajacob

She's being dictated to by the right wing of the Tories.
So far she's caved in to the food industry lobby, is reintroducing grammar schools and now overturning local authorities on fracking.

The most right wing PM in living memory.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Do they do this on purpose on 13:37 - Oct 6 with 795 viewsLeonisGod

Just look back at her voting record. Anything vaguely moral and she votes against it.

But you're right about lack of vision / direction at the moment. She's sunk her talons in and will do whatever it takes to keep clutching power.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024