Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back page of today's EP 09:44 - Oct 6 with 2570 viewsDafyddHuw

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/swansea-city-s-jason-levien-fans-should-

Levein - sorry butt, but you're the one who's been judging people by accents.
Back page of today's EP on 09:50 - Oct 6 with 2547 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Just sh1t public relations.,

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Back page of today's EP on 09:54 - Oct 6 with 2534 viewsjack247

Back page of today's EP on 09:50 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Just sh1t public relations.,

The problem is, we aren't their target market. A very small proportion of their revenue will come from within Swansea. They don't have to appease us, their money comes from being in the PL and presumably whatever stunt they are trying to pull by appointing Bradley
Back page of today's EP on 10:05 - Oct 6 with 2473 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Back page of today's EP on 09:54 - Oct 6 by jack247

The problem is, we aren't their target market. A very small proportion of their revenue will come from within Swansea. They don't have to appease us, their money comes from being in the PL and presumably whatever stunt they are trying to pull by appointing Bradley

I think his problem is that he does not appreciate the impact on players of playing in a stadium with a crowd showing dissent, Villa could not cope with it last year.

The point is they do need the supporters on board and don't seem to realise how important it is for a team that could easily be relegated.

They have to create the conditions for success on and off the field not just take the money.

They are making their own lives difficult.

Back page of today's EP on 10:10 - Oct 6 with 2445 viewsjack247

Back page of today's EP on 10:05 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think his problem is that he does not appreciate the impact on players of playing in a stadium with a crowd showing dissent, Villa could not cope with it last year.

The point is they do need the supporters on board and don't seem to realise how important it is for a team that could easily be relegated.

They have to create the conditions for success on and off the field not just take the money.

They are making their own lives difficult.

Fair points, I hadn't really considered the impact of playing with a disillusioned team in front of a disinterested crowd, I'd just thought the actual Swansea money was small beer for them. Yes, that probably did for Villa as much as having a weak squad did
Back page of today's EP on 10:16 - Oct 6 with 2411 viewsmonmouth

Unfortunately this is unnecessarily overblown. He is right of course, don't focus on his accent. Thing is, nobody (or very few) were. They were focusing on the fact that we'd appointed the 58 year old manager of a French second division club with no real pedigree of note, wholly because he was American. So maybe it's you that's focusing on his accent, eh Jase?

Shooting a non existent fox might catch you a ricochet.

As to Bradley, I've moved from shocked to intrigued, and who knows, no one much wanted Rodgers. But the actual bloke isn't the point at issue from this silly outburst from Levien.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Back page of today's EP (n/t) on 10:23 - Oct 6 with 2378 viewsNeiltheTaylor

[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 10:25]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Back page of today's EP on 10:24 - Oct 6 with 2374 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I agree about Bob B, but this parvenu telling the fans what they should think about anything can ferk right off.

Back page of today's EP on 10:26 - Oct 6 with 2364 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Back page of today's EP on 10:16 - Oct 6 by monmouth

Unfortunately this is unnecessarily overblown. He is right of course, don't focus on his accent. Thing is, nobody (or very few) were. They were focusing on the fact that we'd appointed the 58 year old manager of a French second division club with no real pedigree of note, wholly because he was American. So maybe it's you that's focusing on his accent, eh Jase?

Shooting a non existent fox might catch you a ricochet.

As to Bradley, I've moved from shocked to intrigued, and who knows, no one much wanted Rodgers. But the actual bloke isn't the point at issue from this silly outburst from Levien.

There a series of events leading up to this appointment e.g. engagement with the trust, transparency of ownership, no sign of real investment, transfer dealings which makes the appointment of Bradley difficult.

They have failed to pay enough of the right attention to the supporters, who as Villa saw last year can impact the team performance especially when confidence dips.

What really gets to me is they don't seem to see this, they don't appear to understand managing a football club.

Login to get fewer ads

Back page of today's EP on 10:31 - Oct 6 with 2330 viewsmonmouth

Back page of today's EP on 10:24 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

I agree about Bob B, but this parvenu telling the fans what they should think about anything can ferk right off.

Aye, there's that as well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Back page of today's EP on 10:32 - Oct 6 with 2309 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think this is best filed under the heading of arrogant bar steward.

Back page of today's EP on 10:35 - Oct 6 with 2294 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I would however like to register my thanks to them for allowing me to use the word parvenu in context, as It's not often you get to do that.

Back page of today's EP on 10:40 - Oct 6 with 2266 viewsjack247

Back page of today's EP on 10:26 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

There a series of events leading up to this appointment e.g. engagement with the trust, transparency of ownership, no sign of real investment, transfer dealings which makes the appointment of Bradley difficult.

They have failed to pay enough of the right attention to the supporters, who as Villa saw last year can impact the team performance especially when confidence dips.

What really gets to me is they don't seem to see this, they don't appear to understand managing a football club.

Yes. Basically a lot of us think they are pricks and with good reason. They aren't helping themselves there and I'm not convinced it bothers them
Back page of today's EP on 10:42 - Oct 6 with 2258 viewsTheKirkyLife

Back page of today's EP on 10:35 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

I would however like to register my thanks to them for allowing me to use the word parvenu in context, as It's not often you get to do that.

I had to look it up. You know it's a good word when you have to look it up.
Back page of today's EP on 10:43 - Oct 6 with 2244 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Back page of today's EP on 10:40 - Oct 6 by jack247

Yes. Basically a lot of us think they are pricks and with good reason. They aren't helping themselves there and I'm not convinced it bothers them

The fact it does not seem to bother them is bewildering - don't sh1t on your own doorstep!

Back page of today's EP on 10:44 - Oct 6 with 2240 viewsjack247

Back page of today's EP on 10:42 - Oct 6 by TheKirkyLife

I had to look it up. You know it's a good word when you have to look it up.

I thought it was a typo
Back page of today's EP on 10:49 - Oct 6 with 2215 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mr Levien has something to say to the fans?

Well that makes a novel change, Mr Levien. You don't appear to have had anything to say to the fan's representative on the board of the football club you bought since you bought said football club.

Your actions in ignoring the Swansea City Supporters Trust speak louder than any words you utter to the press and, trust me, you will be judged by your actions and not your words.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Back page of today's EP on 13:22 - Oct 6 with 1899 viewsLeonisGod

That's a load of b0ll0x. He'd been judged on here long before anyone heard his accent
Back page of today's EP on 13:35 - Oct 6 with 1828 viewsjasper_T

If things don't go right with the fans here they can always move the franchise to a new city.
Back page of today's EP on 13:50 - Oct 6 with 1783 viewsHighjack

Yeah if they keep acting this way the fans will have floccinaucinihilipilification for them permanently.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 13:55]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Back page of today's EP on 16:09 - Oct 6 with 1622 viewsDafyddHuw

Back page of today's EP on 10:35 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Woulda been a lot classier if you'd just mentioned it the oince and let it go without comment.
Back page of today's EP on 16:24 - Oct 6 with 1572 viewsdobjack2

Back page of today's EP on 10:26 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

He doesn't get us.

The problem isn't Bradley it's him and his chairman.
Back page of today's EP on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 1294 viewsperchrockjack

It's quite clear ..on here.

If it's yank, it stinks.

Truly, pitiful.

And guidolin hadca tough deal?

Bradley is clearly hated with more than a week to go before his first game.

We might as well pack it in now ,reading this dross

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Back page of today's EP on 20:44 - Oct 6 with 1191 viewsunion_jack

Back page of today's EP on 19:58 - Oct 6 by perchrockjack

It's quite clear ..on here.

If it's yank, it stinks.

Truly, pitiful.

And guidolin hadca tough deal?

Bradley is clearly hated with more than a week to go before his first game.

We might as well pack it in now ,reading this dross

They are coming around slowly Perch.

Nobody knows how he will do, but a positive outlook from the fans certainly won't harm.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Back page of today's EP on 20:45 - Oct 6 with 1178 viewsWarwickHunt

Back page of today's EP on 13:50 - Oct 6 by Highjack

Yeah if they keep acting this way the fans will have floccinaucinihilipilification for them permanently.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 13:55]

As an outsider I'd be interested in his views on disestablishmentarianism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024