Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced 21:01 - Oct 17 with 19648 viewsSwansTrust

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced for Thursday, 20th October

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/10/17/supporters-trust-members-forum/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:38 - Oct 21 with 1533 viewsDevz00

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:33 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

It's mostly what I expected to find out from tonight to be honest, although to see the detail confirmed in such graphic detail is horrible. I'm more dejected than angry.

Absolutely this. I was angry last April.

It's an absolute disgrace though. Thank you Phil and the rest of the guys working so hard behind the scenes.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 9:48]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:56 - Oct 21 with 1500 viewsKGriz16

Paid my membership this morning for the trust. Embarrassed that I've never signed up sooner.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 10:01 - Oct 21 with 1484 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:56 - Oct 21 by KGriz16

Paid my membership this morning for the trust. Embarrassed that I've never signed up sooner.

I would not be embarassed, many believed Jenkins when he said he was acting in the best interests of the club.

Well done for joining.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 10:02]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:38 - Oct 21 with 1411 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:33 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

It's mostly what I expected to find out from tonight to be honest, although to see the detail confirmed in such graphic detail is horrible. I'm more dejected than angry.

Then you're a far, far better man than me.

I hope those c*nts burn in hell.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:15 - Oct 21 with 1335 viewsLandore_Jack

Will the Trust be publishing the video from yesterday's meeting? I did attend but would like to watch the Q&A again.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 13:18]

#backtojack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 07:36 - Oct 23 with 1152 viewsJoeSoccerFan

First, thanks to the Trust leadership for their tireless efforts to protect the long-term benefit of the club. As a volunteer, you're really earning your money! Thank you.
Second, while it may feel good to go after the sell-outs, it may not be in the best interest of the trust given the trust's limited financial resources compared to the sell-out's being flush with cash from the sale. If it's a matter of criminal proceedings and not civil litigation which would require the Trust to personally contest the matter, then the action may be less risky. I would not want the Trust to squander their resources when the next opponent may be the new owners not the old ones.
Third, I don't have the same animosity toward the sell-outs, as many of you do; I think that I have not experienced what you guys went through with Petty, etc. My perspective is that these guys came in and saved the team from Petty and dissolution and gambled their own money to save the club. I don't begrudge them from profiting from their investment. Now, they could have found a buyer who was more cooperative; I find it hard to believe that anyone could realistically be expected to give away $4M - that's a lot of money. It's a business. Of course, I expect many of my Welsh friends won't agree with me.
Fourth, I thought that the 25% wouldn't provide much more protection for the Trust. Has this changed?
Fifth, is it possible that Morgan might be inclined to sell 4% to the Trust? If so, perhaps the Trust focus should be on fund raising for a potential sale. Can the trust borrow money for a potential purchase against their existing shares?
Sixth, from my perspective (perhaps I'm incorrect), the Trust has little cash on hand (from a war chest perspective), but does have significant people which could hold political power with the Swansea council and other representatives to influence the new owners.

Thanks again to the Trust leadership and to all the members of the trust (I'm proud to be a 2 year member). Buckle up, this isn't going to be an easy ride.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:35 - Oct 23 with 1113 viewsPhil_S

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:15 - Oct 21 by Landore_Jack

Will the Trust be publishing the video from yesterday's meeting? I did attend but would like to watch the Q&A again.

Its in the hands of Duncan and Jim at the moment - hopefully it will be released relatively soon but not sure when
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 1098 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 07:36 - Oct 23 by JoeSoccerFan

First, thanks to the Trust leadership for their tireless efforts to protect the long-term benefit of the club. As a volunteer, you're really earning your money! Thank you.
Second, while it may feel good to go after the sell-outs, it may not be in the best interest of the trust given the trust's limited financial resources compared to the sell-out's being flush with cash from the sale. If it's a matter of criminal proceedings and not civil litigation which would require the Trust to personally contest the matter, then the action may be less risky. I would not want the Trust to squander their resources when the next opponent may be the new owners not the old ones.
Third, I don't have the same animosity toward the sell-outs, as many of you do; I think that I have not experienced what you guys went through with Petty, etc. My perspective is that these guys came in and saved the team from Petty and dissolution and gambled their own money to save the club. I don't begrudge them from profiting from their investment. Now, they could have found a buyer who was more cooperative; I find it hard to believe that anyone could realistically be expected to give away $4M - that's a lot of money. It's a business. Of course, I expect many of my Welsh friends won't agree with me.
Fourth, I thought that the 25% wouldn't provide much more protection for the Trust. Has this changed?
Fifth, is it possible that Morgan might be inclined to sell 4% to the Trust? If so, perhaps the Trust focus should be on fund raising for a potential sale. Can the trust borrow money for a potential purchase against their existing shares?
Sixth, from my perspective (perhaps I'm incorrect), the Trust has little cash on hand (from a war chest perspective), but does have significant people which could hold political power with the Swansea council and other representatives to influence the new owners.

Thanks again to the Trust leadership and to all the members of the trust (I'm proud to be a 2 year member). Buckle up, this isn't going to be an easy ride.

A sensible post sir, although you may wish to note that Mr Dineen did not invest until after the date, and he was heavily involved within the trust

I'm sure the trust will put forward all of the facts and then the members will vote. Me personally if it doesn't bankrupt the trust then I'm all for civil action, based upon clear precedent set from previous cases. I think we should look at it as if there is clear evidence of wrongdoing, then we should push for an out of court settlement. Given how thick skinned and arrogant they are, I can imagine the cūnts will protest all the way.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 13:41]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:20 - Oct 23 with 1058 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If there is illegallity involved it may be possible to have their Cash "frozen" so it couldn't be used to defend them.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:43 - Oct 23 with 1045 viewsSmellyplumz

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 11:38 - Oct 21 by waynekerr55

Then you're a far, far better man than me.

I hope those c*nts burn in hell.

Fear not, they will

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:07 - Oct 23 with 1007 viewsdobjack2

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 07:36 - Oct 23 by JoeSoccerFan

Under U.K. Company law the 25% was crucial for the trust to prevent changes to the documents that set out how the club is run such as those we've seen. In addition it would prevent other special resolutions being passed.

It was also important for the sell outs to stop the trust getting 25% as a majority owner who was in it to make money would be able to pass special resolutions giving them more control thus making making the sell outs shares worth more to sell.

All about $$$$$ whilst the trust were trying to protect against any future unscrupulous owner. Not saying that the majority owners are unscrupulous but they can sell to anyone that passes the fit and proper owner test.
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:40 - Oct 23 with 976 viewsDarran

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:07 - Oct 23 by dobjack2

Under U.K. Company law the 25% was crucial for the trust to prevent changes to the documents that set out how the club is run such as those we've seen. In addition it would prevent other special resolutions being passed.

It was also important for the sell outs to stop the trust getting 25% as a majority owner who was in it to make money would be able to pass special resolutions giving them more control thus making making the sell outs shares worth more to sell.

All about $$$$$ whilst the trust were trying to protect against any future unscrupulous owner. Not saying that the majority owners are unscrupulous but they can sell to anyone that passes the fit and proper owner test.

Don't mean to be awkward but isn't it at least 25.1%?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 14:06 - Oct 23 with 962 viewsdobjack2

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:40 - Oct 23 by Darran

Don't mean to be awkward but isn't it at least 25.1%?

Yes

Was trying to keep it simplistic as the horse has bolted.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 14:08]
Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 17:41 - Oct 23 with 927 viewsDewi1jack

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 21:31 - Oct 20 by WarwickHunt

Incredibly, some people wanted him to continue as CEO/DoF or whatever the fûck he's been stealing a living at for the last couple of years...

Better the cûnt you know. Or something...

I'm embarrassed to say I was one of them- advocating getting rid of dimwit et al and keeping Judas Jenkins, to ensure the Septics were kept in check.

Sorry to all who wanted rid of the fuggin lot.
I feel a right tw@ for advocating keeping the b'stard stealing a living off the club

To use a Yankism, I've woken up and smelt the coffee.
God I hate being mugged off by lying, snidey, sneaky, cowardly muppets.
Thank fug I kept renewing my Trust membership though. Feel like the £s a year may just help a little bit, with something.
Even if it only helps to keep the legal team in teas, while they're looking at what action they can take.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:28 - Oct 24 with 848 viewsMattG

Supporters’ Trust Members Forum announced on 13:15 - Oct 21 by Landore_Jack

I've been meaning to ask about the slides that were put up on screen - too small to read from where I was sat but could make an interesting addition to Phil's address.

Any chance of these being published?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024