Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread 11:44 - Oct 19 with 32474 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty stadium, Swansea
Saturday 22nd October 2016
Kick Off: 3pm

Proud To Be A Swan!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 13:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 22 with 2051 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 16:58 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Disagree dwight.

Bob made brave and sound decision.

Jeez,even ki got better.

Llorente baston and barrow will be key for us.

Burnley result is a booger

Don't forget we still have Montero to come back on the right.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 22 with 2061 viewsRevJames

So, next up Stoke away on a Monday night.....
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 22 with 2048 viewsicecoldjack

All the talk and everything exactly the same . We were unlucky today but that argument has been used already. The football is slow ponderous and without any kind of or fluid movement.

There is a load of work to do. For me this game was a must win, it raises mire questions than answers, now we will probably have more change for the next game and stumble until bob finds an eleven that works..If he indeed can.

Nice to see mawson play, he did ok.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 2038 viewsShonky

Clean sheet as well. Thats a novelty. Alfie looks solid as well. Those two forwards aint easy to play against.

Its just a ride...

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:03 - Oct 22 with 1998 viewsperchrockjack

I feel easier as it seems we have a man clearly seeing the folly of playing Taylor Amat Ff all at the same time. It was ridiculous.
Mawson looks like he s been playing at this level for seasons.

Vdh? Quite how did FF ever start a game before him

Well done bob

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 22 with 1937 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

All the talk and everything exactly the same . We were unlucky today but that argument has been used already. The football is slow ponderous and without any kind of or fluid movement.

There is a load of work to do. For me this game was a must win, it raises mire questions than answers, now we will probably have more change for the next game and stumble until bob finds an eleven that works..If he indeed can.

If it was so slow and ponderous, how did we tear them apart so often in the latter part of the second half then?
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 1884 viewsMagic_Michu

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

If it was so slow and ponderous, how did we tear them apart so often in the latter part of the second half then?

We really didn't tear them apart!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:08 - Oct 22 with 1882 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 16:52 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not good enough. Why bother playing the dross we do for 70 minutes knowing how dangerous we can be when we have two strikers on the pitch?

They offered nothing all game yet we didn't either for 70 minutes.

Two colossal points dropped. Cowardly decisions from the manager.

If we start 1 striker next week I'll be gobsmacked. It's clearly not going to earn us 36 points over the remaining games.

Total bollocks. The manager called it exactly right:

TODAY ONLY
1) vital requirement no.1 - don't LOSE the game (we've lost the last 4)
2) vital requirement no.2- try to win

(Next home game please switch 1) and 2) above)

Once Barrow had scared them shitless he brought on Llorente to give them more to worry about. I think perhaps he should've swapped Ki for Fer, but Ki helped the defence at the end so it was perhaps it was left as is.

Very happy with VDH and young Alfie in central defence. On another day Gylfi would have had a couple. Their goalie had a good day.

Barrow excellent.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:10 - Oct 22 with 1853 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 16:52 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not good enough. Why bother playing the dross we do for 70 minutes knowing how dangerous we can be when we have two strikers on the pitch?

They offered nothing all game yet we didn't either for 70 minutes.

Two colossal points dropped. Cowardly decisions from the manager.

If we start 1 striker next week I'll be gobsmacked. It's clearly not going to earn us 36 points over the remaining games.

Agree

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 1767 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Exactly. Fans like you have become so used to watching the cowardly football we have exhibited for almost 2 seasons now that anytime we actually attack the opposition with success for a sustained period of time, it is considered 'tearing them apart'.

It makes me very sad. The West Brom game under Laudrup is 'tearing them apart'.

Getting a few long range shots off against a below average Watford side is not 'tearing them apart'.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1727 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:08 - Oct 22 by jackrabbit

Total bollocks. The manager called it exactly right:

TODAY ONLY
1) vital requirement no.1 - don't LOSE the game (we've lost the last 4)
2) vital requirement no.2- try to win

(Next home game please switch 1) and 2) above)

Once Barrow had scared them shitless he brought on Llorente to give them more to worry about. I think perhaps he should've swapped Ki for Fer, but Ki helped the defence at the end so it was perhaps it was left as is.

Very happy with VDH and young Alfie in central defence. On another day Gylfi would have had a couple. Their goalie had a good day.

Barrow excellent.

Called it exactly right?

We drew 0-0. We didn't win 10-0.

If that is calling it exactly right then I suspect we'll average attendances around ~11,000 a game come May if we're drawing 0-0 every week.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 22 with 1727 viewsstAteSwan

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

I doubt I would describe that 2nd half as "Slow and ponderous."

I think at this point, having not won since the opening match of the season, we have to take whatever we can get results wise. It was a brave starting XI running a brand new CB combo and an inexperienced left back against a striker like Deeney. The reality is, Gomes made a couple of great saves and Siggy hit the post. Much like the last 20 minutes against Arsenal, plenty of chances, just have to convert those more.

In the end, we don't have the attacking talent to score 3 or 4 goals and just outscore teams. If we're going to survive, we have to put up clean sheets, and today was a start in that category.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:17 - Oct 22 with 1722 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Cowardly is Losing your sh1t two games into a new manager and using the two previous managers' performances as justification. Get some backbone. That was OK. Not brilliant, but at least a performance that offers hope.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:20 - Oct 22 with 1667 viewsperchrockjack

Over to you Lifey, hang this fecker...come on mun

Jeez, cowardly is what Fernandez is , And that disgusting alvaro fella..

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:21 - Oct 22 with 1648 viewsHeadmaster

Some people are far too easily pleased. Barrow was great and we didn't concede any stupid goals, but we didn't score either. How many more times are we going to be saying 'we played better and we deserved more from that game'? There were improvements, but that's not enough. We need the damn points.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 22 with 1591 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:20 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Over to you Lifey, hang this fecker...come on mun

Jeez, cowardly is what Fernandez is , And that disgusting alvaro fella..

As soon as we saw they were going to maintain their smash and grab game plan in the second half, we should have immediately made the switch to the 442. Not wait until there was just 20 minutes left.

I'm sure everyone would agree that if we played for another 25 minutes, we'd have been far more likely to have won the game than Watford. So why limit ourselves to playing our best approach for just 20 minutes at the end of the game?

He identified last match that Cork, Taylor and Fernandez are garbage so hopefully he watches that back and identifies and rectifies his poor choices today too.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 22 with 1590 viewsperchrockjack

We do.
That said Bob is American who ate not exactly flavour of the month, hence the other post about Mawson.

We have no choice but to see how it pans out.

We have no other option.

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 22 with 1567 viewsswansea101

Surely if we keep improving then the points will start coming in bigger numbers more frequently. Let's not forget we did pick a point up today
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 1429 viewsAnotherJohn

Just home from the game. I 'd predicted a draw to a friend, and feel it is going to be a long hard season. Dire first half, but some glimmerings after the break. Our problem as we all know is lack of creativity in midfield. The new centre half pairing looked strong in the air but uncultured - a lot like a Championship defence really.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 22 with 1404 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 22 by AnotherJohn

Just home from the game. I 'd predicted a draw to a friend, and feel it is going to be a long hard season. Dire first half, but some glimmerings after the break. Our problem as we all know is lack of creativity in midfield. The new centre half pairing looked strong in the air but uncultured - a lot like a Championship defence really.

Uncultured they may be, but still better than a certain cultured "International" known as Fede.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:50 - Oct 22 with 1384 viewsSheffieldjack

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 22 by AnotherJohn

Disagree that this new centre half pairing looked like a championship pairing. VDH looked strong and I thought that Mawson did remarkably well considering that was his first premier League game.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 1336 viewsPrivate_Partz

Unfortunately true. It went very similarly to what I expected as well.
At least we did not push up too much at the end thereby getting hit by sucker punches. With a bit of a rub of he green we might have taken all 3 points.
Not too disappointed. We could not have expected much more the way our club has been right royally shafted. I just hope that Bob can keep us resilient enough to pick up enough points for survival. Never thought I would say that after a match against Watford but for me that is a reflection of how far we have fallen.
It seems very likely the Swansea Way is long gone and forgotten. I just hope we can ride the storm and then get an administration in that can eventually get us back to the desired level.
Seems like a very long hard season ahead and all so very unnecessary. At least we know who to blame .....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:01 - Oct 22 with 1298 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:50 - Oct 22 by Sheffieldjack

Disagree that this new centre half pairing looked like a championship pairing. VDH looked strong and I thought that Mawson did remarkably well considering that was his first premier League game.

I said that because a lot of clearances were booted into the crowd and the forward passes out of defence often went astray, especially in the first half. I prefer this pair to what we had before, but I fear their limitations will be exposed by the stronger teams. Their capacity to start a move by carrying the ball forward (Chico or Ash-style) isn't yet evident.
The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 22 with 1291 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:21 - Oct 22 by Headmaster

Some people are far too easily pleased. Barrow was great and we didn't concede any stupid goals, but we didn't score either. How many more times are we going to be saying 'we played better and we deserved more from that game'? There were improvements, but that's not enough. We need the damn points.

Yep. Straw clutching in abundance on here tonight. We lost. We dropped points. We are in the relegation zone.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 18:12 - Oct 22 with 1233 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City Versus Watford FC EPL Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 22 by swansea101

Surely if we keep improving then the points will start coming in bigger numbers more frequently. Let's not forget we did pick a point up today

And opened up a 3 point gap on Sunderland.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024