Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching in Crete Saturday 20:51 - Oct 19 with 1770 viewslegoman

First visit to Chania in Crete. Anyone know if there are any bars there likely to show our game on Saturday?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:52 - Oct 19 with 1769 viewsperchrockjack

Dunno but walk the Samaria gorge

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:52 - Oct 19 with 1765 viewsItchySphincter

Crete is lovely.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 1760 viewslegoman

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:52 - Oct 19 by perchrockjack

Dunno but walk the Samaria gorge

Yes that's definitely on the cards for next week! Heard its tough in the summer heat but what do you reckon for late October? We're used to a good walk mind.

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:58 - Oct 19 with 1750 viewsperchrockjack

Still tough. Worth it.plenty of organised trips I d have thought

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Watching in Crete Saturday on 21:19 - Oct 19 with 1723 viewsPegojack

Hiya, Legoman. I was there last week, my sixth visit in four years. Love the place. I fly into Chania and stay in a fab hotel I know in Kolymbari out to the west of Chania.

Chania is fairly cosmopolitan and tends not to go in for UK style pubs showing football. The place to go is Platanias, about 10 miles west of Chania, a proper 'chav' seaside resort (no offence) with dozens of bars showing footie. Not sure they'll have our match on, mind, they tend to show the ones being officially screened on Sky, etc. You can get the bus there from Chania bus station, cost you a couple of euros, buses every ten minutes. By the way, check out the café in the bus station, specially the ice cream counter. Out of this world. Puts us to shame.
Watching in Crete Saturday on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 1719 viewslegoman

Watching in Crete Saturday on 21:19 - Oct 19 by Pegojack

Hiya, Legoman. I was there last week, my sixth visit in four years. Love the place. I fly into Chania and stay in a fab hotel I know in Kolymbari out to the west of Chania.

Chania is fairly cosmopolitan and tends not to go in for UK style pubs showing football. The place to go is Platanias, about 10 miles west of Chania, a proper 'chav' seaside resort (no offence) with dozens of bars showing footie. Not sure they'll have our match on, mind, they tend to show the ones being officially screened on Sky, etc. You can get the bus there from Chania bus station, cost you a couple of euros, buses every ten minutes. By the way, check out the café in the bus station, specially the ice cream counter. Out of this world. Puts us to shame.

Thank you for this!

Watching in Crete Saturday on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 1679 viewsLoyal

Watching in Crete Saturday on 21:19 - Oct 19 by Pegojack

At football ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Watching in Crete Saturday on 22:27 - Oct 19 with 1668 viewsnyc_swans

how strange. my american friend who is a swans supporter was in crete last weekend and managed to find a place to watch the game among arsenal fans.

hereford, did you run into him? tall, american, shaved head.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching in Crete Saturday on 22:28 - Oct 19 with 1664 viewsjacabertawe

Watching in Crete Saturday on 20:55 - Oct 19 by legoman

Yes that's definitely on the cards for next week! Heard its tough in the summer heat but what do you reckon for late October? We're used to a good walk mind.

Be careful, Samaria Gorge is prone to dangerous flash floods late in the year.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Watching in Crete Saturday on 06:53 - Oct 20 with 1604 viewsbuilthjack

Hire a car and go inland, the plateau etc. Stunning.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Watching in Crete Saturday on 08:45 - Oct 20 with 1567 viewsPegojack

Watching in Crete Saturday on 22:27 - Oct 19 by nyc_swans

how strange. my american friend who is a swans supporter was in crete last weekend and managed to find a place to watch the game among arsenal fans.

hereford, did you run into him? tall, american, shaved head.

Can't say I did. Not our manager, is he?
Watching in Crete Saturday on 08:48 - Oct 20 with 1565 viewsPegojack

Watching in Crete Saturday on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Loyal

At football ?

Sadly, Loyal, I fancy Platanias FC (whose main stadium is in Chania despite the name) could give us a game at the moment....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024