Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumbles Pier. 15:56 - Oct 21 with 5702 viewslifelong

Good to see it open today on such a beautiful day.

The top end of the pier and the new lifeboat station looking very good, still a lot of work to be done, but it's a start.

Included in the photos is a view of our beautiful city from the end of the Pier.

Mumbles Pier. on 16:01 - Oct 21 with 4213 viewsSwanjack10

This fine weather is here for a while by all accounts, just gets nippy about 6pm.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Mumbles Pier. on 16:04 - Oct 21 with 4207 viewsDDCH

Fantastic, the new lifeboat is amazing. Took my little un down the the slots the other week and the pier was open. Some lads were fishing off the sides are reeled 5 fish in, in as many minutes. The bay must be getting cleaners, as 1 a day was good when I was a kid.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Mumbles Pier. on 16:38 - Oct 21 with 4167 viewsshandyjack

i love living in mumbles

Poll: Expectation for the season

Mumbles Pier. on 16:47 - Oct 21 with 4155 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 16:01 - Oct 21 by Swanjack10

This fine weather is here for a while by all accounts, just gets nippy about 6pm.

That's fuked it it'll probably rain for a month non stop now

I'm still in my shorts anyway, it ain't cold enough for trousers/jeans, its still the summer of love.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mumbles Pier. on 19:23 - Oct 21 with 4067 viewsSwanjack10

Mumbles Pier. on 16:47 - Oct 21 by max936

That's fuked it it'll probably rain for a month non stop now

I'm still in my shorts anyway, it ain't cold enough for trousers/jeans, its still the summer of love.

Is Jacamo a good site for your winter wear?8)

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Mumbles Pier. on 19:27 - Oct 21 with 4060 viewsLeonisGod

Mumbles Pier. on 16:04 - Oct 21 by DDCH

Fantastic, the new lifeboat is amazing. Took my little un down the the slots the other week and the pier was open. Some lads were fishing off the sides are reeled 5 fish in, in as many minutes. The bay must be getting cleaners, as 1 a day was good when I was a kid.

You can thank the EU for that, seriously.

Anyway enough politics, good thread. Was a bit chilly down on the Bay tonight on the way home, but looks like I missed a glorious day while stuck in the office. Those of us in Swansea do live in a wonderful place. Those of us on Gower an even better one
Mumbles Pier. on 19:37 - Oct 21 with 4051 viewsDDCH

Mumbles Pier. on 19:27 - Oct 21 by LeonisGod

You can thank the EU for that, seriously.

Anyway enough politics, good thread. Was a bit chilly down on the Bay tonight on the way home, but looks like I missed a glorious day while stuck in the office. Those of us in Swansea do live in a wonderful place. Those of us on Gower an even better one

Or the new water treatment plant, which is what actually sorted it

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Mumbles Pier. on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 4016 viewsperchrockjack

I lived in mumbles.
Toby and salty were great dogging areas

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Mumbles Pier. on 22:20 - Oct 21 with 3972 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 16:38 - Oct 21 by shandyjack

i love living in mumbles

And me was down there yday, gonna move there one day.

Mumbles Pier. on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 3965 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 19:23 - Oct 21 by Swanjack10

Is Jacamo a good site for your winter wear?8)

Cheeky Tw@t

Mumbles Pier. on 22:24 - Oct 21 with 3958 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 20:33 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

I lived in mumbles.
Toby and salty were great dogging areas

Long gone now, I met my ball and chain at Cinderella's back in the day.

Mumbles Pier. on 23:33 - Oct 21 with 3919 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mumbles Pier. on 16:04 - Oct 21 by DDCH

It is brilliant. Make no mistake though the pier is in one Hell of a state. The RNLI have put in the metal bit over the rotting timbers just before the station to make it accessible.
Plans are in place to run something similar down the whole length on the metal structure if the pier is allowed to deteriorated at its current rate.
It is privately owned so the council and WAG ignore a vital part of Swansea's tourism infastructure whist Penarth Pier flourishes.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mumbles Pier. on 00:05 - Oct 22 with 3908 viewsKingstonJack

I was on the pier recently. A lovely view of the bay indeed.

Cinderellas is being renovated, not sure for what.

The lifeboat was impressive. The RNLI lady volunteer was related to a crewman from the disaster 70 years ago. The anniversary is next April & there will be remembrance services & events in Mumbles.

At the entrance to the lifeboat building they post the time of next training launch for those interested.

My folks live in Mumbles & I love visiting.
Mumbles Pier. on 18:19 - Oct 24 with 3799 viewsKokoJack

RatRace escape, The lighthouse island , My retreat , My second abode, Time goes at the pace it should be,Peace sitting in silence without movement Or bat of an Eyelid.

Dont trust your own relfection. Trust nothing. Trust the black and white army, thats all you need.

Mumbles Pier. on 18:53 - Oct 24 with 3772 viewsMillie

Mumbles Pier. on 18:19 - Oct 24 by KokoJack

RatRace escape, The lighthouse island , My retreat , My second abode, Time goes at the pace it should be,Peace sitting in silence without movement Or bat of an Eyelid.

Verdi's packed today
Mumbles Pier. on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 3765 viewsepaul

Was there Saturday with family must have been first timre on ther for 25 years!! Starting to look nice fair play

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Mumbles Pier. on 19:06 - Oct 24 with 3754 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 16:01 - Oct 21 by Swanjack10

Don't forget ew brolly mush

Mumbles Pier. on 19:09 - Oct 24 with 3751 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 18:55 - Oct 24 by epaul

Was there Saturday with family must have been first timre on ther for 25 years!! Starting to look nice fair play

And u didn't come and see me

Mumbles Pier. on 19:16 - Oct 24 with 3739 viewsKokoJack

Mumbles Pier. on 18:53 - Oct 24 by Millie

Verdi's packed today

Consumed a Banana many a Bright or Rainy Pm on The Apple.

Dont trust your own relfection. Trust nothing. Trust the black and white army, thats all you need.

Mumbles Pier. on 19:21 - Oct 24 with 3719 viewsDarran

Mumbles Pier. on 19:16 - Oct 24 by KokoJack

Consumed a Banana many a Bright or Rainy Pm on The Apple.

It's obvious who you are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mumbles Pier. on 19:33 - Oct 24 with 3690 viewspikeypaul

Looks good , I think I'll take a walk down there tomorrow if it's not raining.

Last time I was on the pier was about 7 years ago working on the old lifeboat station.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 19:35]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Mumbles Pier. on 19:48 - Oct 24 with 3676 viewsepaul

Mumbles Pier. on 19:09 - Oct 24 by max936

And u didn't come and see me

Couldnt, only down as my sis and family over from Franceand not seen them for 4 years, couldnt even go to the Lib!! Did have a pint in the Pilot though

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Mumbles Pier. on 20:24 - Oct 24 with 3638 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 19:48 - Oct 24 by epaul

Couldnt, only down as my sis and family over from Franceand not seen them for 4 years, couldnt even go to the Lib!! Did have a pint in the Pilot though

very nice in the Pilot innit, I went down Mumbles after the game, but only popped in the Ale House, friends we've made down there prefer the Ale House.

Mumbles Pier. on 22:55 - Oct 24 with 3578 viewsjack_lord

Talking of Mumbles, I fancy staying down there for the night, are there any late night places left?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Mumbles Pier. on 23:08 - Oct 24 with 3573 viewsmax936

Mumbles Pier. on 22:55 - Oct 24 by jack_lord

Talking of Mumbles, I fancy staying down there for the night, are there any late night places left?

Not sure there are Jas, plus its expensive to stop over down there unless you stay somewhere like the Carlton [not recommended imo place looks a dump] Café Valencia up on Newton rd is 120quid a night notsure what is like though, Patricks is way overpriced for what it is as well.

We haven't stayed down at any of them, when we have we've stopped in our friends house, the Indian restaurants Mumtaz and Chutneys are very good if you're looking for Indian food, unless we stay with my mate we normally leave mumbles around half 7 the latest on a Saturday so no idea bout late night drinking spots.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024