Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' 17:01 - Oct 21 with 2741 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Jenkins's commitment is beyond question. Though even after 10 years of gradual and spectacular success, he's not taking anything for granted.

"I'm fully aware that one day things might turn around and perhaps everybody will be quite happy to get me out of my position and move on to something else," he said.

"We all understand that can happen to me in this position."

Until that day, even after that day, Jenkins will remain a fan at heart - as befits a man born and raised in Skewen, a town on outskirts of the city.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/21535027

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:13 - Oct 21 with 543 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:06 - Oct 21 by morningstar

Trust say it is valid. That's where the illegalities come into it.

oK so my sceanrio could happen but Huw would be using an agreement he did not think was valid in the first place?
Sheesh. I am off to buy a copy of Share Dealing For Dummies ;-)
Thanks for responding.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:29 - Oct 21 with 501 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:13 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

oK so my sceanrio could happen but Huw would be using an agreement he did not think was valid in the first place?
Thanks for responding.

I'm a dummie to. Most of us are. But from what i can make out, the original shareholders agreement from 2002 stated that any share sale would be offered equally to other remaining shareholders. Huw and co stated to the yanks that it was invalid and went ahead with the sale. But it was valid and therefore the sellers have acted illegally/maybe criminally. The buyers have not. I may be wrong but that is how i have interpreted things.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:41 - Oct 21 with 483 viewsSwanzay

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:29 - Oct 21 by morningstar

I'm a dummie to. Most of us are. But from what i can make out, the original shareholders agreement from 2002 stated that any share sale would be offered equally to other remaining shareholders. Huw and co stated to the yanks that it was invalid and went ahead with the sale. But it was valid and therefore the sellers have acted illegally/maybe criminally. The buyers have not. I may be wrong but that is how i have interpreted things.

The SH is obviously Valid other wise the clubs new man, Sam Porter wouldn't been so keen to try and get rid of it, whoever this kunt is!
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:47 - Oct 21 with 475 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:29 - Oct 21 by morningstar

Yep. I agree with that. So, if the original agreement was valid, then part of Huw's 5% could be offered to the Trust for purchase. Still short of the magic 25% though. I had hoped Huw could have sold to whom he wanted. Still if a few others came on board we could end up close to the mark.
I have been on the rum so need to reply. It is just rambling musings here now ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:57 - Oct 21 with 464 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:47 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

Yep. I agree with that. So, if the original agreement was valid, then part of Huw's 5% could be offered to the Trust for purchase. Still short of the magic 25% though. I had hoped Huw could have sold to whom he wanted. Still if a few others came on board we could end up close to the mark.
I have been on the rum so need to reply. It is just rambling musings here now ;-)

Nothing is a rambling musing at this time PP. We all need to be clear. but as i stated earlier the shares that have been retained by the sell outs mean zilch as the voting rights of those shares belong to the yanks, and if the sell outs wish to dispense with those shares then the yanks have first option to buy under the new shareholders agreement which the trust will not sign. But as i've said it's only my understanding of things, i'm sure it's all more complicated than that.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 00:38 - Oct 22 with 441 viewsdobjack2

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:53 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Maybe. But all concerned would have been well aware that he was there as an active representative of the fans interests rather than the somewhat token director he appeared to be at times.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but that's what it looked like from the outside.

sometimes to get things done in the position where everyone else could just band together to outvote you a bit of schmoozing is needed. I think that on some issues there is a feeling that we could have made more noise but without knowing the dynamics of the board it is hard to call from the outside.

He could have looked a tough guy by shouting the odds to the media when things didn't go the trusts way but would quickly have ended up as an ignored token director if he went down that route.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 07:49 - Oct 22 with 392 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 00:38 - Oct 22 by dobjack2

sometimes to get things done in the position where everyone else could just band together to outvote you a bit of schmoozing is needed. I think that on some issues there is a feeling that we could have made more noise but without knowing the dynamics of the board it is hard to call from the outside.

He could have looked a tough guy by shouting the odds to the media when things didn't go the trusts way but would quickly have ended up as an ignored token director if he went down that route.

Yet that's what happened anyway. And continues to if Swanzay is to be believed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 340 viewsMattG

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:13 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

Thanks for responding.

Even relying on the original SHA, I think Jenkins would have to offer his shares to all other Shareholders in proportion so the Americans would have to be given the option of buying 68% of them anyway. The Trust could only be guaranteed the option of buying 21.1% of his remaining 5% - effectively another 1% so still quite well short of the 25% figure.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 09:17 - Oct 22 with 337 viewsUxbridge

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 09:15 - Oct 22 by MattG

Even relying on the original SHA, I think Jenkins would have to offer his shares to all other Shareholders in proportion so the Americans would have to be given the option of buying 68% of them anyway. The Trust could only be guaranteed the option of buying 21.1% of his remaining 5% - effectively another 1% so still quite well short of the 25% figure.

It doesn't matter now. he's sold the voting rights. They're worthless in that regard.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 09:19 - Oct 22 with 332 viewsMattG

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 09:17 - Oct 22 by Uxbridge

It doesn't matter now. he's sold the voting rights. They're worthless in that regard.

Agreed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024