Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' 17:01 - Oct 21 with 2744 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Jenkins's commitment is beyond question. Though even after 10 years of gradual and spectacular success, he's not taking anything for granted.

"I'm fully aware that one day things might turn around and perhaps everybody will be quite happy to get me out of my position and move on to something else," he said.

"We all understand that can happen to me in this position."

Until that day, even after that day, Jenkins will remain a fan at heart - as befits a man born and raised in Skewen, a town on outskirts of the city.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/21535027

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 18:19 - Oct 21 with 2144 viewsmonmouth

if we collected all the quotes and, with hindsight, lies and bollocks he's spouted since, say, 2007 we'd have a 20 pager.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 19:03]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 18:55 - Oct 21 with 2021 viewsmax936

Fan at heart, he isn't any fan of Swansea City Football Club the mans a charlatan, like fuk is he a fan, fuking hell my blood is starting to boil again now ffs.

Fuking hell that link is from 2013 ffs mun
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 18:57]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 18:59 - Oct 21 with 1986 viewsAnotherJohn

If Huw is a fan then there is a simple test to prove that. He should donate his remaining shares to the Trust to bring its stake above 25%.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:08 - Oct 21 with 1945 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 18:59 - Oct 21 by AnotherJohn

If Huw is a fan then there is a simple test to prove that. He should donate his remaining shares to the Trust to bring its stake above 25%.

What an interesting scenario that is. He could use that 5 % to carry on pulling his salary regardless. He could threaten the new owners with selling to the Trust if they don't keep him on the gravy chain.
If they then sack him, and he sells, he is another few quid in pocket. Some of his reputation could also be recovered as well.
On the flip side that could encourage the Yanks to dilute the value of the shares.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:14 - Oct 21 with 1913 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:08 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

What an interesting scenario that is. He could use that 5 % to carry on pulling his salary regardless. He could threaten the new owners with selling to the Trust if they don't keep him on the gravy chain.
If they then sack him, and he sells, he is another few quid in pocket. Some of his reputation could also be recovered as well.
On the flip side that could encourage the Yanks to dilute the value of the shares.....

The voting rights of those shares belong to the yanks. Under the new shareholders agreement (not signed by the trust), if they wish to sell the remainder of those shares they have to offer them to the yanks first. Therefore there is no way any of what you say could happen.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:30 - Oct 21 with 1865 viewsmax936

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:14 - Oct 21 by morningstar

The voting rights of those shares belong to the yanks. Under the new shareholders agreement (not signed by the trust), if they wish to sell the remainder of those shares they have to offer them to the yanks first. Therefore there is no way any of what you say could happen.

The tw@t would never put the Trust in a position of strength any way, fuking hell he even sold his mate Huw Cooze down the River the mans a c@@t.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:32 - Oct 21 with 1849 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:30 - Oct 21 by max936

The tw@t would never put the Trust in a position of strength any way, fuking hell he even sold his mate Huw Cooze down the River the mans a c@@t.

Huw Cooze shouldn't have been his mate. That's the only real mistake that the Trust have made in this entire situation. He allowed himself to get too close and they took the piss.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 1819 viewsmax936

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:32 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Huw Cooze shouldn't have been his mate. That's the only real mistake that the Trust have made in this entire situation. He allowed himself to get too close and they took the piss.

Well you can understand it to be honest they had worked together tirelessly to improve the club which they did and did it well in fairness, so what do you do?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:50 - Oct 21 with 1782 viewsdobjack2

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:32 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

I agree to the extent that it looked too cozy for a lot of the fan base.

However if he have gone in shouting would he have achieved any more. In all likelihood he would have achieved less and still have been none the wiser about what they were doing behind the back of the trust.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 1758 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:50 - Oct 21 by dobjack2

I agree to the extent that it looked too cozy for a lot of the fan base.

However if he have gone in shouting would he have achieved any more. In all likelihood he would have achieved less and still have been none the wiser about what they were doing behind the back of the trust.

Maybe. But all concerned would have been well aware that he was there as an active representative of the fans interests rather than the somewhat token director he appeared to be at times.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but that's what it looked like from the outside.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:56 - Oct 21 with 1750 viewsexiledclaseboy

I think it's inevitable that friendships form when people work together for so long but on principle I agree, the perception (at least) has been that the supporter director has been too close and cosy with the hierarchy of the club. Whether that has contributed to the current position is arguable but I don't think it can be ruled out. A case for ensuring that the supporter director is replaced after a fixed term of no more than two years. Not that it matters anymore.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 20:02 - Oct 21 with 1716 viewsGowerjack

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:56 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I think it's inevitable that friendships form when people work together for so long but on principle I agree, the perception (at least) has been that the supporter director has been too close and cosy with the hierarchy of the club. Whether that has contributed to the current position is arguable but I don't think it can be ruled out. A case for ensuring that the supporter director is replaced after a fixed term of no more than two years. Not that it matters anymore.

Agreed.

Also it should be a condition that the Trust Director not be involved in any commercial relationship with the club.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 20:09 - Oct 21 with 1690 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 20:02 - Oct 21 by Gowerjack

Agreed.

Also it should be a condition that the Trust Director not be involved in any commercial relationship with the club.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

'Also it should be a condition that the Trust Director not be involved in any commercial relationship with the club.'

Hindsight wasn't needed for that. A small number of people have been raising that issue for many years. It was just dismissed because the club was looking rosy up until recently.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1654 viewsSwanzay

Lets just say Morgans on a weekend is an interesting place to see "pals" having a great time, even recently!
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 20:41 - Oct 21 with 1564 viewsWatchman

now that is spot on i have been called stupid and mentally ill on here for saying that

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 21:49 - Oct 21 with 1482 viewsperchrockjack

Happens to the best of us T.

Don't worry.

It's only banter

Innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 1463 viewsWatchman

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 21:49 - Oct 21 by perchrockjack

Happens to the best of us T.

Don't worry.

It's only banter

Innit

well to us anyway :)

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 1406 viewsAngelRangelQS

I fail to see what Huw Cooze could do on the basis that the rest of the shareholders went to such great lengths to keep things quiet.

All this is on the ex shareholders and the ex shareholders alone
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:44 - Oct 21 with 1345 viewsSwanzay

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:29 - Oct 21 by AngelRangelQS

I fail to see what Huw Cooze could do on the basis that the rest of the shareholders went to such great lengths to keep things quiet.

I refer to my above post....
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 22:47]
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:49 - Oct 21 with 1329 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:29 - Oct 21 by AngelRangelQS

I'm sorry, but the one thing that i'm uncomfortable with in all of this, is the rumours/accusations that Huw Cooze is still on friendly terms with the very people who royally fvcked the trust over. The position needs to be clarified.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:55 - Oct 21 with 1302 viewsLoyal

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:49 - Oct 21 by morningstar

I'm sorry, but the one thing that i'm uncomfortable with in all of this, is the rumours/accusations that Huw Cooze is still on friendly terms with the very people who royally fvcked the trust over. The position needs to be clarified.

Do you think he knew more than he let on ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:58 - Oct 21 with 1284 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 19:14 - Oct 21 by morningstar

Thanks. I sit corrected. I struggle with this share stuff.
Unless of course the original 2002 share agreement is in fact valid?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:01 - Oct 21 with 1275 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:55 - Oct 21 by Loyal

I don't think so, but let's just say if i fell asleep drunk and you put your thingy in my bum, questions would be asked if all our mates knew about it and i continued to be your bestest friend ever don't you think?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 23:09]

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:01 - Oct 21 with 1269 viewsSwanzay

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:55 - Oct 21 by Loyal

Feck it I have to say it, for the benefit of the club. Morgans Hotel is rampant with all of them including HC, most weekends.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 23:06 - Oct 21 with 1249 viewsmorningstar

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins took job because he was 'dull' on 22:58 - Oct 21 by Private_Partz

Thanks. I sit corrected. I struggle with this share stuff.
Unless of course the original 2002 share agreement is in fact valid?

Trust say it is valid. That's where the illegalities come into it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024