Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay pardons 09:52 - Oct 22 with 3719 viewsperchrockjack

Well, should they be for offences at that but now repealed.

Off ya go

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gay pardons on 20:02 - Oct 22 with 1123 viewsJack_Meoff

Gay pardons on 19:43 - Oct 22 by Swanzay

It shouldn't be a pardon, it should be an apologie,end off!

Or at least an apology.

/coat

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Gay pardons on 20:08 - Oct 22 with 1112 viewsblueytheblue

Gay pardons on 18:57 - Oct 22 by Jack_Meoff

Then shame on the c*nts that passed the law. Didn't make it right did it. Your last paragraph is ludicrous you f*cking lunatic you bluey mun.

Did it ever occur to you the last paragraph was an over-exaggerated example?

Guess not.

It was a grossly unjust law, absolutely agree. The fact remains people can only be judged based upon the law as it stands at the time... thankfully the law has changed.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gay pardons on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 1109 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is perchie considering legal recourse?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Gay pardons on 20:15 - Oct 22 with 1098 viewsJack_Meoff

Gay pardons on 20:08 - Oct 22 by blueytheblue

Did it ever occur to you the last paragraph was an over-exaggerated example?

Guess not.

It was a grossly unjust law, absolutely agree. The fact remains people can only be judged based upon the law as it stands at the time... thankfully the law has changed.

Not really how you sold your initial post eh
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:17]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Gay pardons on 20:19 - Oct 22 with 1090 viewsblueytheblue

Gay pardons on 20:15 - Oct 22 by Jack_Meoff

Not really how you sold your initial post eh
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:17]

Agreed, possibly could have phrased it better.

The issue for me is that as society evolves, it's at different places at different times.

Yes, that law *now* is horrendous, at the time? Eh...

So, at what point do future generations get to stop apologising / pardoning? Should pinky-whites continually apologise for the empire, slavery when that was nothing to do with us? LGBT rights have obviously come on in leaps and bounds, it's time to stop looking to the past for injustices and look to the future.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Gay pardons on 20:30 - Oct 22 with 1073 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay pardons on 20:19 - Oct 22 by blueytheblue

The issue for me is that as society evolves, it's at different places at different times.

So, at what point do future generations get to stop apologising / pardoning? Should pinky-whites continually apologise for the empire, slavery when that was nothing to do with us? LGBT rights have obviously come on in leaps and bounds, it's time to stop looking to the past for injustices and look to the future.

There are some laws which are so obviously unjust, that a retrospective pardon is the most human way to react. This is one of those instances. Why on earth should people have parents / grandparents / uncles etc that are even now regarded as criminals (yes, criminals) for a consensual relationship with another adult. No one has suggested any type of retrospective compensation, but it is entirely correct that their criminal conviction be wiped clean and they be allowed to rest in peace.
Gay pardons on 20:39 - Oct 22 with 1059 viewsGowerjack

Gay pardons on 20:30 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

There are some laws which are so obviously unjust, that a retrospective pardon is the most human way to react. This is one of those instances. Why on earth should people have parents / grandparents / uncles etc that are even now regarded as criminals (yes, criminals) for a consensual relationship with another adult. No one has suggested any type of retrospective compensation, but it is entirely correct that their criminal conviction be wiped clean and they be allowed to rest in peace.

Spot on.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Gay pardons on 20:44 - Oct 22 with 1050 viewsJack_Meoff

Gay pardons on 20:30 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/1csz3n"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/1csz3n.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>

Login to get fewer ads

Gay pardons on 21:04 - Oct 22 with 1033 viewsJack_Meoff

As a Cardiff fan and a Tory voter I feel I should dislike you as default but you do make it difficult to do so bluey, f*cker you...

Gay pardons on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1005 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gay pardons on 20:00 - Oct 22 by Gowerjack

One of my favourite songs.

Played it for years in bands...

Must have known the song for 25 years before I realised what it was about!

#pennydropped

When creatitity was at it's zenith. RIP music industry

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gay pardons on 22:59 - Oct 22 with 999 viewsJoe_bradshaw

To think we jailed one of our greatest heroes of the second world war who saved countless lives and shortened the war because he was a homosexual, having chemically castrated him first.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Gay pardons on 23:11 - Oct 22 with 990 viewsporschejack

Gay pardons on 10:38 - Oct 22 by perchrockjack

Any pertinent reply.

We were discussing over dinner last night.

Some say ,yes, others no as the law was at it was then.

I'm on the fence

Doesn't mean I'm bisexual really ,either

Give me a kiss and I'll tell you what I think .
Gay pardons on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 988 viewsDarran

Strange thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay pardons on 23:29 - Oct 22 with 976 viewsbuilthjack

Gay pardons on 23:14 - Oct 22 by Darran

Strange thread.

Pardon?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gay pardons on 23:30 - Oct 22 with 975 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pardons are inadequate.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay pardons on 05:02 - Oct 23 with 907 viewsphact0rri

Huh? So what you are saying is justice, and barbarity is time related issue? Thats complete nonsense. I will give you more people can rid themselves of tradtional and religious barbarity with more information and sides to issues now. But that doesn't make the laws then any more just than they are now. The persecution of people for nothing more than their identity whether thats sex, race, or orientation is -and always- has been unjust and awful.

Just like the use of the atomic bomb by the US-- we see its awful now and should have been a war crime. but it was awful then, even if yanks were blinded by revenge to admit it as such.

As to when should 'future generations stop apologizing'? I have been away from the UK for sometime, but last I looked laws tend to get just the one pardon.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 5:04]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Gay pardons on 10:57 - Oct 23 with 859 viewsperchrockjack

Not strange at all.

It's news

Non Swansea city news on correct channel

Not strange to see it used to have digs as despised posters.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gay pardons on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 857 viewsHighjack

The law at the time was heavily influenced by religious faith, far removed from today's relatively secular society, and as levicitus clearly states: a man who lieth with another manneth, he has committedeth an abomination and should be puttetheth to deathetheth.

It's a shame people focused on that one line and similar passages instead of the vast majority of the rest of the bible which is all about tolerance and peace and forgiveness, otherwise we could have got a lot further a lot sooner.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gay pardons on 14:55 - Oct 23 with 822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gay pardons on 10:59 - Oct 23 by Highjack

The law at the time was heavily influenced by religious faith, far removed from today's relatively secular society, and as levicitus clearly states: a man who lieth with another manneth, he has committedeth an abomination and should be puttetheth to deathetheth.

It's a shame people focused on that one line and similar passages instead of the vast majority of the rest of the bible which is all about tolerance and peace and forgiveness, otherwise we could have got a lot further a lot sooner.

Frankie Boyle - " A man ho lieth with another man should be stoned.......................... It helps, that's all I'm saying"

Gay pardons on 14:59 - Oct 23 with 815 viewsHighjack

Gay pardons on 14:55 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Frankie Boyle - " A man ho lieth with another man should be stoned.......................... It helps, that's all I'm saying"

Good advice but Keith Vaz prefers using poppers. Apparently it helps relax the anal sphincter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Gay pardons on 15:31 - Oct 23 with 802 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gay pardons on 14:59 - Oct 23 by Highjack

Good advice but Keith Vaz prefers using poppers. Apparently it helps relax the anal sphincter.

Did you hear the woman on the bake off right now? "I have to mash up my batter"!!!! Filth!!!

Gay pardons on 15:42 - Oct 23 with 790 viewsHighjack

Gay pardons on 15:31 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Did you hear the woman on the bake off right now? "I have to mash up my batter"!!!! Filth!!!

Sadly no I didn't hear that because I don't watch that shyte, but it deserves an ooooh matron anyway.

Gay pardons on 18:14 - Oct 23 with 769 viewsSwanjack10

Gay pardons on 14:59 - Oct 23 by Highjack

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Gay pardons on 19:46 - Oct 23 with 732 viewsstonedroller

Gay pardons on 18:14 - Oct 23 by Swanjack10

I pardoned a gay before but it didn't stop him touching my old boy.
Gay pardons (n/t) on 19:47 - Oct 23 with 731 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gay pardons on 19:46 - Oct 23 by stonedroller

I pardoned a gay before but it didn't stop him touching my old boy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024