Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 15:44 - Oct 22 with 5548 viewsDyfnant

Seriously... what does he offer*
*please make me eat my words 2nd half

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Routledge on 20:01 - Oct 22 with 916 viewsvetchonian

Routledge on 19:58 - Oct 22 by Darran

I've answered that.

So maybe you should be manager rather than the professionals we employ?
Obviously those in the know don't think we have an alternative

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Routledge on 20:01 - Oct 22 with 905 viewsmidswan

i'd forgotten Taylor wasnt playing, this thread makes sense now.
Routledge on 20:05 - Oct 22 with 903 viewsJack11

He's the Jon obi mikel of the wing. Assists and goals, who needs those?
Routledge on 20:07 - Oct 22 with 888 viewsDarran

Routledge on 20:01 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

So maybe you should be manager rather than the professionals we employ?
Obviously those in the know don't think we have an alternative

Why can't there be an alternative if Routledge had got injured today what would you do next week.

For the answer think Neil Taylor ankle break.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 20:10 - Oct 22 with 868 viewsvetchonian

Routledge on 20:07 - Oct 22 by Darran

Why can't there be an alternative if Routledge had got injured today what would you do next week.

Siggy on the left with Fer in the middle at a guess based on our previous managers thoughts

Routledge on 20:12 - Oct 22 with 852 viewsDarran

Routledge on 20:10 - Oct 22 by vetchonian

Siggy on the left with Fer in the middle at a guess based on our previous managers thoughts

Well that would be a waste of Siggy wouldn't it?

Routledge on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 839 viewsjack247

Routledge on 20:07 - Oct 22 by Darran

If Routledge got injured, I would guess we would push Siggy wider and play Llorente and Baston like we did today. Either that or play Kingsley and Taylor. If we had a youth team winger of Ben Davies' quality, he would have made the bench at the very least by now.

It all goes back to three (at least) spectacularly unsuccessful transfer windows.
Routledge on 20:19 - Oct 22 with 832 viewsvetchonian

Routledge on 20:12 - Oct 22 by Darran

Well that would be a waste of Siggy wouldn't it?

I agree but obviously there doesn't appear to be that Ben type alternative you hint at or otherwise we would be trying it.
I said the same tag under Laudrup when we were struggling with striker options and a certain Rory Donnelly was banging them in for the under 23s many around me thought I was mad .....but we were forced into it with Ben.
The thing is we as fans see things differently to the pros who also rely on the stats and observations from the other staff at games so whilst we as individuals often dismiss players as gash,the stats and how that player performed against the role he was given and tactics set determine their selection
I didn't think Leon had one of his best games today but because
Leon is
Leon he is forgiven it's all subjective

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 20:20 - Oct 22 with 827 viewsDarran

Routledge on 20:17 - Oct 22 by jack247

If Routledge got injured, I would guess we would push Siggy wider and play Llorente and Baston like we did today. Either that or play Kingsley and Taylor. If we had a youth team winger of Ben Davies' quality, he would have made the bench at the very least by now.

It all goes back to three (at least) spectacularly unsuccessful transfer windows.

Well I take your point about the bench but they'd still be better than Routledge.

Routledge on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 817 viewsNeathJack

Routledge on 20:20 - Oct 22 by Darran

Well I take your point about the bench but they'd still be better than Routledge.

I go back to the League cup games where we should have blooded the likes of Dan James.
Routledge on 20:24 - Oct 22 with 805 viewsDarran

Routledge on 20:22 - Oct 22 by NeathJack

I go back to the League cup games where we should have blooded the likes of Dan James.

Fair point.

Routledge on 20:52 - Oct 22 with 759 viewsJango

Routledge on 19:06 - Oct 22 by jack247

It's not about losing pace, it's about not being suited to the way we play. Routledges 'speed' is due to timing his runs rather than actual pace. No use when others aren't playing him through or making the right runs for him. Ask him to beat a fullback one on one and get a cross in and he is going to struggle. He would have looked shit in this team 5 years ago.

So what's the excuse for his terrible touch and constant passing the ball to the opposition? Should our payers wear different shirts? Even if a ball is played through to one of his runs, 2 goals and 1 assist last season suggests he does nothing with it anyway.
Routledge on 20:56 - Oct 22 with 753 viewsDarran

Routledge on 20:52 - Oct 22 by Jango

So what's the excuse for his terrible touch and constant passing the ball to the opposition? Should our payers wear different shirts? Even if a ball is played through to one of his runs, 2 goals and 1 assist last season suggests he does nothing with it anyway.

Don't bother Jang they're in love with him for some strange reason.

Routledge on 20:57 - Oct 22 with 750 viewsjasper_T

Well we played shit football last season too tbf.
Routledge on 20:58 - Oct 22 with 748 viewsjack247

As opposed to which prolific winger he is keeping out of the team? Had we signed Chadli in the summer and still played Routledge, you would have had a point.

Why do you think he keeps getting picked?
Routledge on 21:00 - Oct 22 with 523 viewsmonmouth

He was absolute shit today. I reckon he's shot. Lost the pace to play on the wing, is slow to react and easy to muscle off the ball. The asset he still has is the ability to make very well timed runs behind a defence, but against teams that sit back any inside out runs have no purpose or benefit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Routledge on 21:03 - Oct 22 with 513 viewsjack247

Routledge on 20:56 - Oct 22 by Darran

Don't bother Jang they're in love with him for some strange reason.

No. We should have upgraded on him. Some people can still see that for all his limitations, he is the best option we have on the left wing at the moment.
Routledge on 21:03 - Oct 22 with 512 viewsjasper_T

Play Dan James and Owain Jones next week, fck it let's have fun.
Routledge (n/t) on 21:07 - Oct 22 with 504 viewsDarran

Routledge on 21:00 - Oct 22 by monmouth

He was absolute shit today. I reckon he's shot. Lost the pace to play on the wing, is slow to react and easy to muscle off the ball. The asset he still has is the ability to make very well timed runs behind a defence, but against teams that sit back any inside out runs have no purpose or benefit.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 21:08]

Routledge on 21:07 - Oct 22 with 500 viewsDarran

He's been shit for ages Monsta.

Routledge on 21:09 - Oct 22 with 492 viewsDarran

Routledge on 21:03 - Oct 22 by jasper_T

Play Dan James and Owain Jones next week, fck it let's have fun.

You're just being silly now.

Routledge on 21:12 - Oct 22 with 486 viewsmidswan

easy to muscle off the ball ? He was literally lifted off it at one point ! I'd say he is actually pretty good at holding his ground, certainly nowhere near the worst culprit today.
Routledge on 21:13 - Oct 22 with 484 viewsDarran

Routledge on 21:12 - Oct 22 by midswan

easy to muscle off the ball ? He was literally lifted off it at one point ! I'd say he is actually pretty good at holding his ground, certainly nowhere near the worst culprit today.

That was just once mun.

Routledge on 21:20 - Oct 22 with 474 viewsLeonisGod

Routledge on 20:17 - Oct 22 by jack247

Yep, I suspect we would. Given that we did slightly better with Llorente on the pich, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 442 with siggy on the left out of choice either. It wouldn't help Siggy, but is Bob a 'round pegs in round holes' or 'best players on the pitch' kind of guy?

Given the way Watford sat deep, I''m surprised we didn't start with Llorente up front for the extra strength.
Routledge on 21:22 - Oct 22 with 470 viewsmonmouth

I thought Llorente showed that he's easily our best choice forward today.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024